Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    I can't help but wondering if she might be thinking something like this:

"I have to take direction from son #1, and now you're telling me son #2 needs an acting job? You want him to be my boyfriend ... yeah, sure ... as if that will ever happen!"
    Zing!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      yeah, poor amanda

I attribute it to BTS, and thinking that maybe she got something in her hair on that planet and had someone really whack her hair
      That's it. Alien gum in the hair!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        I'll say it again for the record. Season 8 is my favorite hairstyle for her so far...

There's something about it that projects a WAY COOL "I'm ready to take on the galaxy" feel to it...

I like it too. It's a bit softer than the style in the earlier seasons without losing the take charge Air Force aspect.

Comment

teh long hair in s4 was just getting past that awkward growout phase when she cut it.

anyone who's gone from short to long hair knows that there's a period of time when it's too long to control but too short to do anythign wtih

and it was starting to touch her collar, but i've also heard from folks in the military that officers do tend to get a bit of leeway as compared to enlisted folks. the chances of hammond busting her for her hair was pretty slim

as to jack/sam et al, well to me it seemed that all of them were horribly tense and on edge during most of s5, culmonating with DJ's 'death'

it seemed like they were all tired adn burnt out and just counting the days until it was over.

and yes, that did get shown in jack and sam's relationship, especially in revelation. one part about that one that i liked was sam's reluctance to go on teh mission, jack's insistence. then, if you'll notice, jack and teal'c went off to do the dangerous stuff, leaving sam where it was safer - which jack tends to do with both her and daniel.

but then, once jack realized that sam was in trouble, whammo, the gloves were off and it was time to kick bootie - i'd like to think because he knew that she was only there because he made her be there, which would have made him responsible for another friends' death

Jonas in s6 was a great addition. First of all, he didn't really push. yes, he did keep saying 'i want to be on the team' but at no point in time did he go to hammond and go 'hey, i brought you the naqadria, you HAVE to let me beon the team'

and then he altered the relationships slightly. Sam got go be a big sister to him, she'd tease him a lot more than we ever saw her tease daniel. Tealc got to stop being the token alien and was a mentor and jack finally got to see that what he told sam was true, people die and are replaced. and while the replacement may never fully measure up to the original, they can fill the void

jonas' presence, to me, did a lot of healing and i think the he reignighted a lot of the joy in their job. things are no longer humdrum if you're watching someone do it for the first time and they're enthusiastic about it. often you can't help but be drawn into their enthusiasm
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Well, some more spoilers have been released for Season9, this time involving Sam!
            Spoiler:
            http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...usmachin.shtml
            Ex Deus Machina (which I still think should be worded Deus Ex Machina...) is episode 907, and from what I gather may actually be the episode that Sam comes back (not 906). Barrett is apparently back and he and Carter team up again, which'll be good - I always liked their pairing And Ba'al is also back too, so maybe he and Sam will run into each other again.

Still nothing on why Sam's been away, but at least we've got a bone now (albeit a small one )
            Well maybe
            Spoiler:
            she will appear in an earlier episode, but they still have to go back and film those scenes. I've heard that sometimes for a guest star or RDA, they might film scenes for one episode while a later one is being shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              Well maybe
              Spoiler:
              she will appear in an earlier episode, but they still have to go back and film those scenes. I've heard that sometimes for a guest star or RDA, they might film scenes for one episode while a later one is being shot.
              Or maybe episode five is actually an action packed episode that shows Sam on her own trying to get back home to Earth, and in
              Spoiler:
              Ex Machina Deus Sam is back with SG-1.
              *Heavy sigh* One can hope, right??

Comment

I'm glad to see Barrett's back. I like he and Sam together, they're equals who don't work in the same chain of command.

I think the person Sam makes the most sense with is Daniel, for the shared science, enthusiasm, and equal professional level. But now they've gone and made Sam Daniel's boss, so regs are in the way.

But not with Barrett. . . .

Does anyone know if there's a Sam/Barrett thread?

hrh

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  teh long hair in s4 was just getting past that awkward growout phase when she cut it.

anyone who's gone from short to long hair knows that there's a period of time when it's too long to control but too short to do anythign wtih

and it was starting to touch her collar, but i've also heard from folks in the military that officers do tend to get a bit of leeway as compared to enlisted folks. the chances of hammond busting her for her hair was pretty slim

as to jack/sam et al, well to me it seemed that all of them were horribly tense and on edge during most of s5, culmonating with DJ's 'death'

it seemed like they were all tired adn burnt out and just counting the days until it was over.

and yes, that did get shown in jack and sam's relationship, especially in revelation. one part about that one that i liked was sam's reluctance to go on teh mission, jack's insistence. then, if you'll notice, jack and teal'c went off to do the dangerous stuff, leaving sam where it was safer - which jack tends to do with both her and daniel.

but then, once jack realized that sam was in trouble, whammo, the gloves were off and it was time to kick bootie - i'd like to think because he knew that she was only there because he made her be there, which would have made him responsible for another friends' death

Jonas in s6 was a great addition. First of all, he didn't really push. yes, he did keep saying 'i want to be on the team' but at no point in time did he go to hammond and go 'hey, i brought you the naqadria, you HAVE to let me beon the team'

and then he altered the relationships slightly. Sam got go be a big sister to him, she'd tease him a lot more than we ever saw her tease daniel. Tealc got to stop being the token alien and was a mentor and jack finally got to see that what he told sam was true, people die and are replaced. and while the replacement may never fully measure up to the original, they can fill the void

jonas' presence, to me, did a lot of healing and i think the he reignighted a lot of the joy in their job. things are no longer humdrum if you're watching someone do it for the first time and they're enthusiastic about it. often you can't help but be drawn into their enthusiasm
                  Exactly. Great comments Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Or maybe episode five is actually an action packed episode that shows Sam on her own trying to get back home to Earth, and in
                    Spoiler:
                    Ex Machina Deus Sam is back with SG-1.
                    *Heavy sigh* One can hope, right??
                    That would be cool. We can only wait and hope.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      Exactly. Great comments Sky.
                      It's like President Hayes said in Inauguration...their jobs are so completely unbelievable that no one on earth can possibly identify with the strain, stress and pressure of being on the front lines protecting earth and the galaxy from threats most people couldn't imagine.

I agree that they were stressed for Season 5...and I also think it was completely natural...really; how long can someone go through everything they've each individually gone through? At some point, they'll need to take a step back and let others take the lead.

So I think the Mitchell addition can do the same thing for the team that Skydiver believes Jonas did...add that sense of wonder and newness.

I'm wondering what kind of relationship she'll have with him? I mean, there are little sister undertones with Teal'c and big sister undertones with Jonas...I'm not sure how to quantify her relationship with Daniel beyond "really good friend" and of course, there's Jack and that whole dynamic.

Only time will tell what kind of chemistry we pick up between the two of them...I hope it's not solely a friction based "you took over SG-1 during my absence" kind of thing...although it might be fun for her to have someone under her command that doesn't 100% jive with her style right away...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by hrh36
                        I'm glad to see Barrett's back. I like he and Sam together, they're equals who don't work in the same chain of command.

I think the person Sam makes the most sense with is Daniel, for the shared science, enthusiasm, and equal professional level. But now they've gone and made Sam Daniel's boss, so regs are in the way.

But not with Barrett. . . .

Does anyone know if there's a Sam/Barrett thread?

hrh
                        I'm not sure if the regs were ever in the way with Sam/Daniel as Daniel is a civilian and not a member of the military. The regs only refer to military personnel. Though I guess it may look badly on Sam to be involved with someone in her command...period. I don't think there is going to be anything going on with Sam/Daniel though. They've had eight years to go that direction with the storyline and there wouldn't have been anything really stopping them being in a relationship if the writers had chosen to do so, especially if they were discreet.

I liked the S/J relationship, but in all honesty with RDA gone... I think it's time the storylines move away from Sam in a relationship and get back to good ole action storylines. Though I have to admit,
                        Spoiler:
                        I'm a bit disappointed to hear about yet another NID storyline in season 9.
                        They have never been my favorite... typically being the least exciting in my book. I really want to see the team stepping through the Stargate much more for off-world missions.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          I

I agree that they were stressed for Season 5...and I also think it was completely natural...really; how long can someone go through everything they've each individually gone through? At some point, they'll need to take a step back and let others take the lead.
                          Yes, what was that line of Janet's in Ascension to Sam? something like "Let's see, you've had a symbiote die in your brain, had your consciousness loaded back and forth from a computer," & something else...it has to take its toll.

Comment

Yes, what was that line of Janet's in Ascension to Sam? something like "Let's see, you've had a symbiote die in your brain, had your consciousness loaded back and forth from a computer," & something else...it has to take its toll.

Janet:
                            OK. At least consider what you've been through the last few years. You have had a Tok'ra symbiote die in your brain, your memory has been stamped, and then your entire consciousness has been transferred into a computer, then back again ... and THAT is just for starters. Eventually, it has to take it's toll.

Nice example

Comment

There's only so much one person can take...even our Sam needs to take a real sabbatical...

In Nemesis, she was busy using her vacation time working on a Naquadah reactor. In the Curse, she got to work on her bike...but we've never REALLY seen her honestly relaxing (with the exception of Threads/M2).

I mean, with Jack, goodness! I could take up pages listing all the different times I've seen him just chilling out...

...but for our Sam?

No rest for the weary...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                                LOL! I was thinking along the same lines, but from Urgo's POV.

"He's really nice, and cute I think you'll like him and he needs to get out more, too, just like you and he's very good at leaving messages on answering machines wouldn't you like that, Sammy, getting lots and lots and lots of nice, cute, funny messages on your answering machine he could even call you at work wouldn't that impress your friends?"
                                Great minds run in the same direction ....

LOL ... yes, yes ... I could definitely hear Urgo babbling something like this! And her look says it all!
                                Last edited by ChopinGal; 15 April 2005, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X