Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
    Oi! Yes, the infamous Barbie Chop. That was the one season when I can actually say that Sam's hair distracted from her acting, for me.
    yeah, poor amanda

I attribute it to BTS, and thinking that maybe she got something in her hair on that planet and had someone really whack her hair

I really shouldn't criticize because, at the end of the day, it's not on my head, it's on hers, but the really short hair sorta made her look rather fragile

personally, i like it longer and actually liked the early s4 doo and how it has been in the past couple of seasons, growing out a bit
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      tom mcbeath is absolutey adorable.
      I'd heard that; and that he's well-spoken, too.

as to need, you know the sam fic that needs to be written? what happened in the mines during that week or so. All the lovely HC potential with poor sam working so hard and getting picked on with the boys

i remember that she sounded so plaintative with her 'you got dinner?'

Ooh! Ooh! there is one out there. I can't remember the title/author(coulda been you, Denise. Oi! My memory )

Anyways, it's a team fic. We get to see the native slaves and one little girl asks Teal'c if he really did get to talk to the princess. Teal'c tells her yes, and basisicly says that she is a wonderful lady. Little girl's eyes light up; it's great. Terrific insight into Teal'c with just that little scene.

At one point Sam's taken to see the princess and is made to kneel for hours waiting for an audience. Shyla displays a delightfully creepy gentle evil/madness.

Sorry, I read it years ago and just remember little snippets, but these two scenes have stayed with me all these years.

Ring any bells?
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        I can't help but wondering if she might be thinking something like this:

"I have to take direction from son #1, and now you're telling me son #2 needs an acting job? You want him to be my boyfriend ... yeah, sure ... as if that will ever happen!"
        LOL! I was thinking along the same lines, but from Urgo's POV.

"He's really nice, and cute I think you'll like him and he needs to get out more, too, just like you and he's very good at leaving messages on answering machines wouldn't you like that, Sammy, getting lots and lots and lots of nice, cute, funny messages on your answering machine he could even call you at work wouldn't that impress your friends?"
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Anyways, it's a team fic. We get to see the native slaves and one little girl asks Teal'c if he really did get to talk to the princess. Teal'c tells her yes, and basisicly says that she is a wonderful lady. Little girl's eyes light up; it's great. Terrific insight into Teal'c with just that little scene.

At one point Sam's taken to see the princess and is made to kneel for hours waiting for an audience. Shyla displays a delightfully creepy gentle evil/madness.

Sorry, I read it years ago and just remember little snippets, but these two scenes have stayed with me all these years.

Ring any bells?
          part of that is one of sue corkill's. I think one of them was "in need" but i can't recall the other one

one was gen and had jack worried about sam and her jolinar nightmares

another was ship and - don't laugh - was a 'sam's a virgin' fic where one of the guards gets too frisky, so she gets jack to be her first so that she has a choice of whom it'll be

I think she wrote another one, but it's au. Pyrus tells sam that if she stays behind and becomes his wife, he'll let the boys go. depsite jack's protestes, she does. then pyrus dies, before the wedding night of course, and shyla is mad, sends sam back to the mines but tells the boys that she's dead when they come back for her

it does have a happy ending, and a shippy one of course, but i think that one's ina zine

so, yeah, there have been a couple of fic...but i've read those. I want something i haven't read
          (greedy ain't i?????)

sigpic

Comment

ooh, found this fic last night

Shine My Shoes
            by Wildecate
            E-mail: [email protected]

Rating: All Ages
            Season: SG-1 Season Eight
            Related SG-1 Episode(s): 818 Threads
            Featured Character(s): Samantha Carter
            Summary: It's funny how the most mundane things can bring tears to her eyes

Author Notes: Vague spoilers for Threads.

Want to read this story? Find it here at GateWorld FanFic:
            http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/34/shinemy.html

it's short and good but beware the threads spoilers

sigpic

Comment

Hi there, i've just read the spoilers for episode 7 of s9 and more than happy that Sam is
              in it but my question is this, i thought Amanda
              said she would be in 15 of the 20 episodes so does this meen that she is going to be missing the 6 episodes rather than 5 or have TPTB have
              somthing up their sleeves for Sam in episode 5?
              ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                yeah, poor amanda

I attribute it to BTS, and thinking that maybe she got something in her hair on that planet and had someone really whack her hair

I really shouldn't criticize because, at the end of the day, it's not on my head, it's on hers, but the really short hair sorta made her look rather fragile

personally, i like it longer and actually liked the early s4 doo and how it has been in the past couple of seasons, growing out a bit
                BTS was season 4... I think the reason her hair was whacked during this episode was because her hair had become exceedingly long and was no longer within regulation limits.

I've heard rumors saying that in season 6 she got a bad hair cut and they had to cut it a second time to fix the problem and that's why her hair was SO short in the beginning of season 6. Luckily, it grew out enough by the end of the season that it was starting to look like Sam's typical short hair doo.

In terms of Sam... I like to think that the haircut in season 6 was due to her emotional distress dealing with Daniel's death/ascension. She was upset and frustrated, unable to discuss her feelings with anyone and as a means to act upon this turmoil eating away inside of her...she did the only non-violent thing she could...whacked off her own hair. It also played into her snarkier-than-usual attitude she had in the first few episodes of season 6. The tension between Jack/Sam was so thick in Revelations/Redemption you could cut it with a knife. It's a bit strange how the relationship between Jack/Sam changed so drastically during season 6 and it all revolved around death...first Daniel's, then Jack nearly dying in Frozen and later Sam in Metamorphosis.

To me, season 6 will always be remembered as the three D's...
                Daniel's death caused Jack's denial which lead to a discord amongst the team.

I know a lot of people didn't really care for Jonas, but his over-the-top giddiness helped to balance the darkness that seemed to envelop the other members of the team. He became an annoying bright spot for me. It was harder at the time to really enjoy him( maybe because I was still feeling the loss of Daniel ) but now I go back and watch episodes and really enjoy his presense on the screen. I also really liked how the writers really showed a bonding between Teal'c and Jonas as well as with Sam and Jonas.

My apologies if this post appears jumbled and without thought... my daughter's been climbing all over me chattering in my ear the entire time, so my mind kept drifting while I was writing this.
                Kat

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                  In response to one or two posts from yesterday (yes, especially yours, O Royal Bean Counter... ), I'd just like to say...

*adopts foetal position in corner, gibbering quietly*
                  Ummmmm, 1speed, you're going to have to buck up a little, there, to do justice to your status of Royal Guard of the Court of Samanda... No pressure, of course, but if you need any help, I can teach you how to use that sword and shield...

Hugs,
                  Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    Ummmmm, 1speed, you're going to have to buck up a little, there, to do justice to your status of Royal Guard of the Court of Samanda... No pressure, of course, but if you need any help, I can teach you how to use that sword and shield...

Hugs,
                    Strix
                    Oh, hello there Strix.

It's OK, I think I'm just having a bit of trouble adjusting to my new surroundings (a mild case of "where-the-heck-am-I-itis", maybe). Either that, or the Royal Blue Jello astrogeologist sent my way was a bit stronger than I thought...

1s4S

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                      Oh, hello there Strix.

It's OK, I think I'm just having a bit of trouble adjusting to my new surroundings (a mild case of "where-the-heck-am-I-itis", maybe). Either that, or the Royal Blue Jello astrogeologist sent my way was a bit stronger than I thought...

1s4S
                      I understand. It's a combination of the blue jello and estrogen shock, I believe, but it does wear off eventually. Although, the blue jello gets to be a bit addicting after a while. I do have to wonder what Astro spikes it with. Happy juice of some sort.

Hey Astro, got enough blue jello for a convention Pity Party for those of us unfortunates who will be hanging around here this weekend instead of partying with the stars up in Vancouver? I'm hoping for lots of interesting info about Amanda and Olivia when they get back, but that makes for a long wait...

My LJ

Comment

Oi! Yes, the infamous Barbie Chop. That was the one season when I can actually say that Sam's hair distracted from her acting, for me.
                        I'll say it again for the record. Season 8 is my favorite hairstyle for her so far...

There's something about it that projects a WAY COOL "I'm ready to take on the galaxy" feel to it...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I understand. It's a combination of the blue jello and estrogen shock, I believe, but it does wear off eventually. Although, the blue jello gets to be a bit addicting after a while. I do have to wonder what Astro spikes it with. Happy juice of some sort.
                          That probably explains it. I just hope there'll be no adverse reaction with the Guinness or two (or three, or... ) I'll be having tonight.

Have a great weekend everybody, see you all again on Monday.

1s4S

Comment

Well, in case you aren't sick of these yet, more Sam whumping stories here:

In Sickness and in Health by Jackie W.
                            http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archiv...nsickness.html

Theodore’s Comet by Jojo
                            http://randomleaves.com/stargate/fanfic/comet.html

Haunted by Jojo
                            http://randomleaves.com/stargate/fanfic/haunted.html

Small Graces: Daniel by Rowan Darkstar
                            http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2...allgraces.html

LifeLine by Carol S. Comer
                            http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sj...clifeline.html

Going On by Carol S. Comer
                            http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sj...ccgoingon.html

The Darker Side of Night by Mary Beth House
                            http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/darkerside.pdf

Eclipse by Mary Beth House
                            http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/eclipse.pdf

Mountains Out of a Mole by Sherrill C. Martin
                            http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sj...utofamole.html
                            One can never have enough good fic to read... am bookmarking each of your posts!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              You know I have to emphasize just how much I truly admire and respect AT and once again say how absolutely stunning she is. Because after looking through some pictures tonight I found myself thinking to myself...

'MY GOD! I'd kill the hairdresser who gave me this haircut.'

Maybe it's because I recall my mother trying to give me highlights right before my senior pictures and she ended up frying my hair so badly that we had to cut my hair off almost as short as this. I'm not normally one to be so vain, but I think it scarred me for life. I remember crying myself to sleep for days. I have to admit I'm actually a bit jealous that AT could still look so damn good with the haircut from hell...but then again she'd probably look great bald.
                              So true. She looks good however they do her hair. But I have to agree that this was awful. Though not as bad as some of those AU wigs.

And just so you know...most of my barbies had this exact same cut when I was growing up... I was so ahead of my times... I just didn't realize then that 20 years in the future my idol would have the same look.
                              Reminds me of the time my sister & I decided to cut Malibu Barbie's hair to "fix" it. As we tried to fix *our* cut, it got shorter and shorter. But not this bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Well, some more spoilers have been released for Season9, this time involving Sam!
                                Spoiler:
                                http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...usmachin.shtml
                                Ex Deus Machina (which I still think should be worded Deus Ex Machina...) is episode 907, and from what I gather may actually be the episode that Sam comes back (not 906). Barrett is apparently back and he and Carter team up again, which'll be good - I always liked their pairing And Ba'al is also back too, so maybe he and Sam will run into each other again.

Still nothing on why Sam's been away, but at least we've got a bone now (albeit a small one )
                                Thanks for the tip, AD!

Comment

Working...
                                X