Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Thank you!

*ÜberSG-1Fan's eyes glow ominously as she realizes she JUST became a System Lord*

AND NOW you must all KNEEL IN THE PRESENCE OF YOUR god!!!!!!

Muahaahaahaaahaaa!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Welcome to the club

Samandan Count of System Lords in Chronological Order:

MajorSal
    MajorSam
    Uber

Originally posted by Coley
    MajorSam - you're just such a bright spark to have on the thread. You inspire me to do more than just vegetate. You enthusiam for life is infectious -cheers!

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Coley

You've expressed yourself well about our fellow Samandans ... MajorSam does have a bounce to her step, doesn't she! And deepspace is so considerate of others and thoughtful. Everyone has something unique to contribute, for sure. That's why Samanda is such a fun place to be!
    I actually inspire someone to do something!? *blush* Do I really have a "bounce in my step"!? You all must have never seen me in one of my moods... lol.

Totally agree Chopin, everyone is so unique, we're such a rounded group... and all joined together by a common interest It's fantastic.

I just had to share this picture with you all...look at the expression on her face!!! I crack up every time I see it...

Ready for this???

AAAAAHAHAHAHAH
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
    AAAAAHAHAHAAAAAA

Just thought i'd keep up with the tradition!
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

Best AT Adlib:

From Thor's Chariot: I really liked her simple, "And I was... there." <shrugs at the guys when they look at her. RDA/Jack give her a nod of approval.> AT wasn't given any lines for that scene, but she just lined up with the guys and said her own.
      that's one of my favorite lines. I didn't know it was an AT ad lib, but it's perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

Welcome to the club

MajorSal
        MajorSam
        Uber
        *cough* You forgot me! *cough*
        sigpic

Comment

I haven't actually finished my Best of Sam summary form, but as I was working on it I found myself running across more and more instances of a Sam showing her snarky side and thought maybe it could be added to the list. This is a few I have found so far.

Best Snarky Sam Line/Conversations:
          Jonas, you are such a chickenshi*t! – Metamorphosis (Jonas)

“You son of a b*tch…”
          “It had to be you. Damn it Timothy…Teal’c is my friend. He’s sick…” - Bane (Dr. Harlow)

“Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week.
          Why couldn’t you have taken just one day off??” - Foothold (Maybourne)

“Excuse me? Where’s Colonel O’Neill? I don’t see him, do you?
          Did you guys find him while I was gone?” -Paradise Lost (Dr. Lee)

Sam: We won’t be able to activate the cloak until we come out of hyperspace. There’ll be a brief interval where they might detect us.
          Jack: How brief?
          Sam: Just a few seconds. The odds of them spotting us are pretty slim.
          Jack: How slim?
          Sam: Hardly worth mentioning, Sir.
          Jack: And yet, you did mention it.
          Sam: Yeah, I’m beginning to wish I hadn’t. - Revelations (Colonel O’Neill)

Sam: For the record, I HATE you.
          McKay: Well, can’t get any worse then, can it?
          Sam: Oh, no. I’m rapidly working up to DESPISE.
          McKay: You know, we’re obviously gonna have to get over this
          physical attraction thing if we’re going to work together.
          Sam (whispering): I think I can act as though it never existed.
          McKay: Shall we save the world?
          Sam (sarcastically): Before I take credit for this…shouldn’t the EM pulse generator be pointed AT the gate? - Redemption II ( McKay )

Sam: God you're a jerk!
          McKay: I wish I didn't find you so attractive. I always had a real weakness
          for dumb blondes.
          Sam: Go suck a lemon. - 48 hours (McKay)

Kat
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 14 April 2005, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Best Carter Humor Scene: Where Carter/AT gets to be funny...
            How about 48 hours--her scenes with McKay?

Comment

Best Sam-whumping scene/episode: Not exactly whumping, but we see Sam endure some major physical strain in "Need." Digging in the mines for days on end, winding up having Tok'ra flashbacks. And I have to say AT lets herself look pretty bad-her hair is all dirty--it actually changes color from the grime--and she's just grimy and icky. Most female leads in other shows would probably have a dab of dirt on one cheek and slightly mussed hair to indicated exertion.

Comment

I’d make an argument for Foothold as one of the best all around Sam episodes. Sam does almost all the things we love her for. She’s kick-ass, shooting the aliens on the airplane; in-your-face with Maybourne, giving us one of our all time favorite Sam lines, which was ad-libbed; whumped when the alien masquerading as the general knocked her across the room; played scientist when she figured out that sound would disrupt the alien disguises; got to work with Teal’c (all too briefly); and AT acted it all brilliantly. She looked exhausted in that scene in Washington, disgusted with Maybourne, not wanting to believe Jack and Daniel, but too tired to think straight, and finally giving in. I thought this episode more than any other was the one where Sam got to be the hero in a traditional sense. She really was “action Sam” in Foothold.

BTW, I voted for Foothold as the best Sam episode for the reasons above, although it was really hard to choose between it and Grace.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  Best Sam-whumping scene/episode: Not exactly whumping, but we see Sam endure some major physical strain in "Need." Digging in the mines for days on end, winding up having Tok'ra flashbacks. And I have to say AT lets herself look pretty bad-her hair is all dirty--it actually changes color from the grime--and she's just grimy and icky. Most female leads in other shows would probably have a dab of dirt on one cheek and slightly mussed hair to indicated exertion.
                  Here's Amanda, herself, describing that episode in The Illustrated Companion, Seasons 1 and 2:

"This was another dirty episode," grins Amanda Tapping. "Rick already had make-up dirt from the floor and wiped it all over himself, and anyone else nearby. We were all filfthy. I remember going home and washing my hair and laughing at the colour of the water in the sink. It was great fun though. I love getting dirty better than getting pretty!"

Comment

What are your choices for the following categories?

Best All-Around Carter Episodes: episodes that feature/showcase Sam and show many of the following: Kick-Ass!Carter, Soldier!Sam, Smart!Sam, Science!Sam, etc.:

Matter of Time and Message in a Bottle

These two are among my all time favs because they show Smart Scientist Sam with Heart, Angst, giving orders, not giving up, and if Pressure has an ass, she was kickin' it in these two eps.
                    OK, that has to be one of the best lines I've ever read! "If Pressure has an ass, she was kickin' it"

Great Kick-A$$ Carter Scenes:
                    Emancipation. Sorry, but I still, after all these seasons, do luv to watch Sam kick Turghan's ass into the next century.

Best AT Acting Episodes:
                    Ah, well, dated and cliche as it was, I'd say Entity was AT's best performance.

Best AT Acting Scenes:
                    Grace - especially when Sam passed out while arguing with her Daniel self that second time.

Great Episodes for the Character Development of Sam Carter:
                    Hum.... development... evidence of growth directly related to what happened in a certain episode....I'll have to think on that one a bit.

Top ‘Ship’ Episodes:
                    POV and Beneath the Surface. Nuff said.

Urgo - pretty much all her scenes. Matter of time, opening scene.

Best Carter Lines:
                    Ooof!

Best AT Adlib:
                    From Thor's Chariot: I really liked her simple, "And I was... there." <shrugs at the guys when they look at her. RDA/Jack give her a nod of approval.> AT wasn't given any lines for that scene, but she just lined up with the guys and said her own.
                    I didn't know that! Great info, TH!
                    Best Sam-whumping scene/episode:
                    New Order, with Fifth.

Best Sam/Teal'c scene/episode: (this category is especially for Skydiver )
                    Well, since there's only, like 4 to choose from(Foothold, SR, PL and Gemini), I'd have to go with Matter of Time.

Best episode where Sam had a very small part, but had a great stand-out scene or made a really big contribution: (ForeverSG1's category suggestion )
                    One False Step.

Best Writer of good, solid Carter episodes:
                    <blink> wha...? You mean, somebody writes this suff? It's not real?
                    LOL TH! All of your choices have been dutifully downloaded and archived into the growing summary survey.

Comment

I just had to share this picture with you all...look at the expression on her face!!! I crack up every time I see it...

LOL, Über! Great pic - I couldn't help but laugh! Thanks for the smiles and chuckles!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        Best All-Around Carter Episodes: episodes that feature/showcase Sam and show many of the following: Kick-Ass!Carter, Soldier!Sam, Smart!Sam, Science!Sam, etc.:

Death Knell
                        Tangent

Desperate Measures

Best AT Acting Episodes:
                        grace
                        itlod
                        death knell

Best AT Acting Scenes:
                        the very end if itlod
                        daniel's death
                        sam and jacob in threads

itlod
                        jolinar's mems/tdyk
                        threads

Top ‘Ship’ Episodes:
                        paradise lost
                        threads

urgo
                        sacrifices

Best Carter Lines:

welcome to my life
                        don't give me that way of the warrior crap

Best AT Adlib:
                        ya sure ya betcha

death knell
                        evolution 2
                        itlod
                        desp meas

(huggles)
                        paradise lost
                        revelations
                        matter of time

Best episode where Sam had a very small part, but had a great stand-out scene or made a really big contribution: (ForeverSG1's category suggestion )

serpents song
                        Great choices, Sky! Some Royal Blue Jello is definitely in order!

And I have downloaded and added your choices to the summary survey list

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

Welcome to the club

MajorSal
                          MajorSam
                          Uber
                          And Skydiver!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            I haven't actually finished my Best of Sam summary form, but as I was working on it I found myself running across more and more instances of a Sam showing her snarky side and thought maybe it could be added to the list. This is a few I have found so far.

Best Snarky Sam Line/Conversations:
                            Jonas, you are such a chickenshi*t! – Metamorphosis (Jonas)

“You son of a b*tch…”
                            “It had to be you. Damn it Timothy…Teal’c is my friend. He’s sick…” - Bane (Dr. Harlow)

“Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week.
                            Why couldn’t you have taken just one day off??” - Foothold (Maybourne)

“Excuse me? Where’s Colonel O’Neill? I don’t see him, do you?
                            Did you guys find him while I was gone?” -Paradise Lost (Dr. Lee)

Sam: We won’t be able to activate the cloak until we come out of hyperspace. There’ll be a brief interval where they might detect us.
                            Jack: How brief?
                            Sam: Just a few seconds. The odds of them spotting us are pretty slim.
                            Jack: How slim?
                            Sam: Hardly worth mentioning, Sir.
                            Jack: And yet, you did mention it.
                            Sam: Yeah, I’m beginning to wish I hadn’t. - Revelations (Colonel O’Neill)

Sam: For the record, I HATE you.
                            McKay: Well, can’t get any worse then, can it?
                            Sam: Oh, no. I’m rapidly working up to DESPISE.
                            McKay: You know, we’re obviously gonna have to get over this
                            physical attraction thing if we’re going to work together.
                            Sam (whispering): I think I can act as though it never existed.
                            McKay: Shall we save the world?
                            Sam (sarcastically): Before I take credit for this…shouldn’t the EM pulse generator be pointed AT the gate? - Redemption II ( McKay )

Sam: God you're a jerk!
                            McKay: I wish I didn't find you so attractive. I always had a real weakness
                            for dumb blondes.
                            Sam: Go suck a lemon. - 48 hours (McKay)

Kat
                            ROTFLOL! These are wonderful, Kat! And I think 'Best Snarky Sam Lines' is a great category to add!

---------------
                            'Blank Form' below

What Are Your Series Favorite Carter Episodes?

What are your choices for the following categories?
                            (You don't have to post your choices for every category, you can just choose to comment on certain ones if you want).

Best AT Acting Episodes:

Best AT Acting Scenes:

Top ‘Ship’ Episodes:

Best Carter Lines:

Best AT Adlib:

Best Writer of good, solid Carter episodes:

Best Sam pic

Best Snarky Sam Lines

Comment

How about 48 hours--her scenes with McKay?
                              Great highlights, Jckfan! I added them to the list

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                                I’d make an argument for Foothold as one of the best all around Sam episodes. Sam does almost all the things we love her for. She’s kick-ass, shooting the aliens on the airplane; in-your-face with Maybourne, giving us one of our all time favorite Sam lines, which was ad-libbed; whumped when the alien masquerading as the general knocked her across the room; played scientist when she figured out that sound would disrupt the alien disguises; got to work with Teal’c (all too briefly); and AT acted it all brilliantly. She looked exhausted in that scene in Washington, disgusted with Maybourne, not wanting to believe Jack and Daniel, but too tired to think straight, and finally giving in. I thought this episode more than any other was the one where Sam got to be the hero in a traditional sense. She really was “action Sam” in Foothold.

BTW, I voted for Foothold as the best Sam episode for the reasons above, although it was really hard to choose between it and Grace.

NC
                                I agree, NC, and it was a *really* hard choice. After we started going through the seasons on this thread and I went back and watched Foothold again -- it's a top-notch all-around great Sam episode. I added your comments to the summary list

Comment

Working...
                                X