• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Thank you and ForeverSG-1 and AD!!!

Wait til you see what it's for...

Here's a hint.

It has something to do with....

Samantha Carter.

Whoops! I've said too much there I think...

Here's another TEASER...

No seriously...I think you'll all LOVE IT! But it's going to take a while so be patient with me...

ON EDIT: HEY! This is my 700th post!!!

WooHOOO!!!

Another superfantastic Sam-banner! You're finished products look so polished and professional! Great job! Love the pics!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
      Citizens and Honourable Members of the Court of Samanda,

To slightly misquote Echo and the Bunnymen, I feel the time has come to Lay Down My Trenchcoat And Groove.

I hope one day to be able to fully partake in Samandan life, but until I have been educated in the ways of Samanda by the esteemed Royal Accountant, I promise I'll just sit quietly at the back and try to keep out of everybody's way.

Oh, and just for the record, I'm (even) older than the aforementioned Bean Counter.

Until next time,

1s4S
      Welcome aboard, 1speed4Sam! You sound like a natural for the Court of Samanda! May you enjoy the generally positive tone of our thread, as well as the healthy discussions and the many shades of humor (occassionally becoming a bit *ahem* ribald... , but it's all in good fun ). I would like to welcome you with a round of Royal Blue Jello and I invite you to post freely and often.

If you haven't had a chance to see them, we have the results from our Best Sam episodes for each season here: Best Sam Poll Results and we are currently running the Ultimate Sam Episode Poll

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
        Thank you, SamFan31.

As you may be aware, I've previously been spotted hiding amongst the bushes near the Gate,..
        Oh yeah, you're going to fit right in!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          I'm not really sure what her official middle name could be...though I have a feeling you are correct in that it's probably a family name. Didn't Amanda say once in an interview that she doesn't have an official middle herself? Unofficially it was probably "Sam".

I'm almost positive that Olivia's middle isn't the same as my daughter's whose also starts with a "B" - Brienne.

In honor of of Samanda, I personally have been lovingly refering to her as...

Olivia "Bean" Kovacs

Kat
          ROTFLOL at "Bean".... Lots of parents call their babies sweetpea, right? I sure hope that if Amanda ever reads any of this that she laughs a lot at the wonderful humor and the great way that many of our 'posters' have at looking at life through 'humorous glasses'.

Comment

More like a "Jack O'Neillism"

btw, I've updated my ULTIMATE SAM banners for the project I'm working on:

Oh, pooor AT in that horrible blue getup for Emancipation - you did a great job of choosing a pic that captured her ourtrage on her face Also love the AU Sam... just before she tells the Jaffa that she's going to blow them all to he!! (although I don't like imagining Sam getting blown to bits). Which episode is the fourth pic from? (I love the expression on her face).

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
              Oh, pooor AT in that horrible blue getup for Emancipation - you did a great job of choosing a pic that captured her ourtrage on her face Also love the AU Sam... just before she tells the Jaffa that she's going to blow them all to he!! (although I don't like imagining Sam getting blown to bits). Which episode is the fourth pic from? (I love the expression on her face).
              I think the fourth pic is from Broca Divide, just after Jack talks about her wearing the tank top.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                Hurahhh - computer holdin' up long enough to post.

Ohhh everyones putting up wonderful captures, banners etc - Just love them - though I'm skipping all the season 8 stuff. You all amaze me with your technical abilities. ForeverSG1 you just have come on leaps and bounds - a career opening up perhaps?

Right so what is the price these days for introducing a strapping middle aged gent to the Samandan Kingdom. Bearing in mind what I've had to do to get him here!!!

Let me see... Well I had to keep him sweet the last couple of weeks, so I had to hold back on the flood of sarcasm cast in his direction for his oh so mid life crisis purchase of a singlespeed mountain bike. Guess who's always waiting for him at the top of the hill on lightweight 27 speed scouring the track below with a pair of bins. Do you know how difficult it is for a Lancastrian to hold back the sarcasm - you so owe me.

Ahh then there's all the tea, popcorn, chocolate that will come with introducing him to the dvd world of Stargate - yes I hate to be the one to squeal, but he's a Stargate virgin - yes indeedie!

Then I will have to put up with all the "Aint AT super hot" comments while I wallow in the world of very average looking gal.

So I've just doubled the official male count on SAGCT and I'm hoping doubled the male mail count too!! (Hint to 1s4S on posting expectations!!)

I'm sure you will agree my time away from the thread hasn't been in vain errrr sorry vane or is it vein?!!

Right dare I risk a fatal crash and go back a few pages to catch up?

Oh and have all the coffin dodgers whimped out on age declaration?!

Cheers everyone! - Bottle of "Dirty Dick" raised heartily. Obviously not a favourite of the Jester seeing as it was the only think left in the drinks cabinet. Methinks she goes for the less mature things in life!! (As I'm sure Murray will testify)
                ROTFLOL, Coley! I so love your posts! With your humor and wit, we just have to get you writing some fic! And, now I understand 1speed's GW-name. All of us in Samanda are extremely grateful to you for maintaining your composure and holding back that sarcasm so that 1speed would now join us. Also... am jealous that you will get to watch the episodes with a Stargate virgin! Oh, there is so much *fun* ahead for you two!

Originally posted by coley
                "Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about" - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  Here they are in order:

The Nox
                  Emancipation
                  There But for the Grace of God
                  The Broca Divide
                  The Torment of Tantalus
                  Solitudes

...and now for Season 2:

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Here they are in order:

The Nox
                    Emancipation
                    The Broca Divide
                    The Torment of Tantalus
                    Solitudes

...and now for Season 2:

I love these banners - lets see for S2 you have

Thor's Chariot
                    Touchstone
                    Need
                    Out Of Mind
                    In The Line Of Duty

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Here they are in order:

The Nox
                      Emancipation
                      The Broca Divide
                      The Torment of Tantalus
                      Solitudes

...and now for Season 2:

These banners are great Uber! Do you have any plans to combine them into an Ultimate Sam wallpaper? They would look ultra cool on the desktop.

Comment

Great stuff with the season by season banners Uber. Good choice of pictures, and I like the silvery metallic look of the borders and writing too. You're managing to get pictures with her looking as different from each other as possible.
                        *deepspace very interested in this project...*

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

sky: we forgot one
                          olivia's March 22
                          oh, my... oops.

Celebratory Dates of Birth
                          January 04 DancerofSpaz
                          January 04 MajorSam
                          January 29 Coley [1965] (newly 40)
                          February 11 SkyDiver (Denise)
                          February 14 Astrogeologist [19?2]
                          February 17 Strix Varia [1965] (turning 40 this year)
                          March 15 Chopingal
                          March 19 Jckfan (newly 40)
                          March 22 Olivia
                          April 19 Deepspace
                          May 20 SamFan [1988]
                          June 19 UberSG-1Fan(Mary Beth) [1973] (Turning 32)
                          August Tsaxlady (turning 40)
                          August 16 Carterslave
                          August 20 DipsofJazz [1959]
                          August 28 Amanda
                          August 28 Matt
                          August 31 SamFan31
                          September 02 ForeverSG1(Kat) [1967]
                          October 18 Agent Dark
                          November 02 Chocdoc [1957]
                          November 09 Tara3583 [1954]
                          December 18 NearlyCircular (doesn't like birthday celebrations)

I've also added Carterslave. Anyone who doesn't want to be on this list, I can take you off if you want.
                          *very small voice* I am personally very... shy? of birthdays, but after Kat noticed, I felt it was unfair to ask other people for theirs if I didn't put mine.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                            oh, my... oops.

Celebratory Dates of Birth
                            January 04 DancerofSpaz
                            January 04 MajorSam
                            January 29 Coley [1965] (newly 40)
                            February 11 SkyDiver (Denise)
                            February 14 Astrogeologist [19?2]
                            February 17 Strix Varia [1965] (turning 40 this year)
                            March 15 Chopingal
                            March 19 Jckfan (newly 40)
                            March 22 Olivia
                            April 19 Deepspace
                            May 20 SamFan [1988]
                            June 19 UberSG-1Fan(Mary Beth) [1973] (Turning 32)
                            August Tsaxlady (turning 40)
                            August 16 Carterslave
                            August 20 DipsofJazz [1959]
                            August 28 Amanda
                            August 28 Matt
                            August 31 SamFan31
                            September 02 ForeverSG1(Kat) [1967]
                            October 18 Agent Dark
                            November 02 Chocdoc [1957]
                            November 09 Tara3583 [1954]
                            December 18 NearlyCircular (doesn't like birthday celebrations)

I've also added Carterslave. Anyone who doesn't want to be on this list, I can take you off if you want.
                            *very small voice* I am personally very... shy? of birthdays, but after Kat noticed, I felt it was unfair to ask other people for theirs if I didn't put mine.
                            August 4, 1965 - This year the day summer vacation will end - School starts on my B-day So it will be a back to work birthday present
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

astrogeologist: Sorry about that folks, sometimes when 'in my own field' I forget that others might not know what I'm going on about. My students usually stick a hand up and say something like 'What's See Oh Two' and then I have to stop and realize that not everyone speaks in the same shorthand... erm..
                              I think the thing with science of any sort is that the acronyms become an understood language between scientists. This is where a lot of the technobabble, which I love listening to and trying to figure out, stems from. I think it is a perfectly good way of communicating quickly and efficiently without slowing the meaning of a conversation down by explaining it all in full.

strix: And Deepspace, just for you... my favorite USGS website (way cool):
                              http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/bulletin/bulletin.html
                              ooooh, interesting! Thanks

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Sam (through AT) is really good at explaining things. Do you think when Sam retires from active duty (a day *far in the future* please) she'd like to teach at the AF academy?. I bet she'd be a great instructor.

Comment

Working...
                                X