No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Announcement, with Permission to Post ...

Let it be known that our beloved Royal Accountant seems to be the first of the Samandans to reach her landmark 40th year. No wonder she's been hitting the liquor cabinet lately.

Royal Page, please add to our Birthday list:

Coley January 29, 1965

Methinks that all you almost 40-somethings deserve a special Commemorative Bean. After all, our own Queen is also celebrating the same event in August.

Madam President, any new beans available?

Court Jester

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
      Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Horrible horrible stuff happening at home right now. I just want to run into the Great Hall of Samanda and bolt the door behind me.
      Deepspace, many hugs coming your way. And blue jello. Yeah, lots and lots of virtual blue jello.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Here's a couple more of my favorite Sam pics

Astrog (Astrawg), you seem to have a thing for pictures of Sam looking at long, cylindrical, pokey things....

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
          Argh...I really need to read/write more SamFics, but I've been so busy with school. Summer's coming soon, though. And by soon, I mean June. Grr...

But I do have another honest-to-God awesome real-life (as real as fiction can be) reason why Sam is such a great character. She inspires real-life girls (like me) to pursue scientific careers and to work hard to get into tough colleges and do research. So, in some sense, I think I can thank the Sam character for getting me my new research position this summer at NASA JPL.
          That is just way, way, way too cool.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            Astrog (Astrawg), you seem to have a thing for pictures of Sam looking at long, cylindrical, pokey things....
            Hmm is that a naughty plot-bunny you got going there?

Comment

rotflol

don't even getme started on 'staff weapons' and the zat gun, just pops up, ready to go

ahem
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                Here's a little manipulation of the first of Monday night's episodes (and in honor of one of our Top Episodes from Season Three).

Daniel: Did she just leave?
                Jack: Yes, Daniel, she walked away.
                Maybourne: I may be an idiot, but I can still see her. Uhh, I think I can, maybe.
                Hey that's really good. I'm impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Hmm is that a naughty plot-bunny you got going there?
                  Who me? Naughty?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Is it just me or is Sam turning into Jack? Reference if you will It's Good to Be King...

I totally hear Jack saying those things!!! Is it just me or has she been around Jack for so long his snarkiness has completely rubbed off on her??? I sure hope so because it was great seeing her not play second fiddle to Jack there for a bit...she has real chutzpah!

I thought it was great and hope to see more of that next season...

Chutzpah... HAH!!! What a fantastic way to describe the fires of our Sam

lol, you've probably all read this before, but theres a little fic by Michelle V called The Natural Balance of Things where Jack does exactly that
                    HAH!!! Omg... I think I read that yeaaars ago! It was fabulous "MRRFHT" all rite

hah!!!! HAH!!! Brilliant. I was thinking along the same lines meself
                    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Good grief! I turn my back on the thread, and suddenly it's gone Freudian!!

I believe that Amanda, herself, has been known to comment on the interesting shapes of the alien weapons ... zat gun especially. Let's face it, Sam Carter lives in a male world! As she puts it: "a tiny estrogen bubble" afloat on a sea of testosterone (my paraphrase).

That's why I think the fact these actors are now proud parents of baby girls just tickles me! Some pink to balance out all that blue!

Funny thing about Sigmund Freud though - in response to his famous theories on sexual development, he was also known to say "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        My New Sam Collage

Live Like You Were Dying

Kat
                        *Love it*, Kat! I downloaded it and made it my desktop background! (Also love the 'Live Like You Were Dying' from Tim McGraw's song - absolutely great lyrics... and suddenly going fishing wasn't such an imposition... )

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
                          Yep. It's not too much of a stretch from my current situation. I'm a student at Caltech right now, so I got a SURF fellowship.
                          Cool! I got to work with the USGS at CalTech for the summer between my B.S. and M.S. Spent half of every day at the USGS across the street and the other half of every day working in the Seismo Lab at Cal Tech. They let me join their summer softball team - even got a hat... orange!... with a seismogram 'logo' on it. Was completely blown away one day when I got up and saw... the mountains! It had rained or some such the day and night before... and suddenly the air was... clear... and... who knew? that there were 4000'-or-so mountains literally right up against the town? Quite a dramatic change in topographic relief.... when you can see it (which is rare). I always wonder what that one summer in Pasadena did to my lungs!

Hmmm... have gone way off topic... which is Sam... so I'll curtail my little trip down memory lane, and just send you the best of wishes, aeromathlete! You Go Girl!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            Is it just me or is Sam turning into Jack? Reference if you will It's Good to Be King...

...when she first saw Maybourne as was trying to
                            Spoiler:
                            warn him of impending doom at the hands of Ares...

SAM: You know about the Goa'uld?
                            MAYBOURNE: Oh yeah.
                            TEAL'C: You were warned by the Tok'ra.
                            MAYBOURNE: I haven't heard from the Tok'ra since they dropped me off.
                            SAM: Then how?
                            MAYBOURNE: I can read the future. (Having peeled the guango, he bites into it and makes an appreciative sound. He notices that SG-1 are staring at him in light of the statement he just made.) Really!
                            SAM: What are you trying to pull?
                            GARAN: He speaks the truth. King Arkhan is a prophet. He foresaw your arrival and the hand you will play in defeating our enemy.
                            MAYBOURNE: Garan's right. It's all part of the prophecy!
                            (Sam leans down to speak quietly to Harry.)
                            CARTER: Maybourne, what the hell is going on here?

...then later Harry
                            Spoiler:
                            brings SG-1 to the temple remains...

MAYBOURNE: OK. Here we are. I found this place about, oh, uh, ten months ago when I was on an, uh, afternoon stroll.
                            TEAL'C: It is quite a distance from the village.
                            MAYBOURNE: I enjoy long walks.
                            SAM: Right! Long walks, rainy nights, and candlelit dinners. Why are we here, Maybourne?

I totally hear Jack saying those things!!! Is it just me or has she been around Jack for so long his snarkiness has completely rubbed off on her??? I sure hope so because it was great seeing her not play second fiddle to Jack there for a bit...she has real chutzpah!

I thought it was great and hope to see more of that next season...

Love this dialogue, love hearing Sam as 'the one in charge who gets to be a little snarky' Great dialogue excerpts, Über!

Comment

lol, you've probably all read this before, but theres a little fic by Michelle V called The Natural Balance of Things where Jack does exactly that
                              ROTFLOL! Thanks, AD for posting the link to that story - I'd read it awhile back and that last line of Jonas' stuck in my head, but I couldn't remember the name of the fic.

"Wormhole theory...motorcycle riding...lock-picking...and equilibrium destroying."

That's our Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                                Here's a little manipulation of the first of Monday night's episodes (and in honor of one of our Top Episodes from Season Three).

Daniel: Did she just leave?
                                Jack: Yes, Daniel, she walked away.
                                Maybourne: I may be an idiot, but I can still see her. Uhh, I think I can, maybe.
                                And ringing in Maybourne's ears would be... Sam' words to Maybourne
                                - click to listen to NC's audio clip
                                ...hopefully they will haunt him for a good long while

Comment

Working...
                                X