No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jack being second in command of the base has always been fanon. In reality, norad is run by 2 generals, a 4 and a 3 star so it seems odd that the sgc would be run by a 2 star and a colonel

besides, exec officer is very much an administrative role, one i just can't see jack doing well

sam may kinda be jack's right hand girl, largely because she's good at all those pesky details adn he trusts her, but i could more see colonel reynolds or the such being jack's exec than sam
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

it would be cool if they drafted fan fic writers, but joe has repeatedly said that they don't and can't read it

what is cool is that they have a chance for the novels (still waiting for word by the way)
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        jack being second in command of the base has always been fanon. In reality, norad is run by 2 generals, a 4 and a 3 star so it seems odd that the sgc would be run by a 2 star and a colonel

besides, exec officer is very much an administrative role, one i just can't see jack doing well

sam may kinda be jack's right hand girl, largely because she's good at all those pesky details adn he trusts her, but i could more see colonel reynolds or the such being jack's exec than sam
        I agree. I would think it would be Pierce or Reynolds. I can't remember if either one are full-blown colonels or not, but with Pierce running the Alpha site, he would have to be of a high rank.

I couldn't see Jack being admin, which is why I
        Spoiler:
        don't like it that they're promoting him to head of Homeworld Security, just to explain RDA's absence.

Now, I think Sam would be an excellent administrator, but I'd rather they keep her as part of SG-1. But, it would make for a good scene to see her with mounds of paperwork, knowing exactly what Jack had to go through this year. Sam wouldn't be too much of a fish out of water as Jack was.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          it would be cool if they drafted fan fic writers, but joe has repeatedly said that they don't and can't read it

what is cool is that they have a chance for the novels (still waiting for word by the way)
          I think it'd be neat if they had a contest...instead of the "Get Into The Gate" contest to win an appearance as an extra, there could be a "Write for the Gate" sweepstakes and they could pick a regular fan to do a story...or at least write the treatment for an episode, to be fleshed out by the producers...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            I think it'd be neat if they had a contest...instead of the "Get Into The Gate" contest to win an appearance as an extra, there could be a "Write for the Gate" sweepstakes and they could pick a regular fan to do a story...or at least write the treatment for an episode, to be fleshed out by the producers...

I think I would give up all my limbs to do that...

No I woudln't, but it gets the meaning across!!!

*Imagines brilliant Sam whumping-turn-Sam hero scientist story*

*sigh*

A fan writing... would just make my decade!
            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Speaking of that, where is the GITG sweepstakes? i don't see it on the scifi website and i thought they were advertising it for season 9.
              Those who know the truth must rise up boldly and be a light into the darkness, if the truth bearers stay quiet, then the lost are already gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

I think I would give up all my limbs to do that...

No I woudln't, but it gets the meaning across!!!

*Imagines brilliant Sam whumping-turn-Sam hero scientist story*

*sigh*

A fan writing... would just make my decade!
                You're so optimistic... my first thought was... "and it would be won by a Jack/Daniel shipper who would drown Sam in vat of molasses in the first five minutes of the episode..."

I, however, would happily donate a kidney for a chance to write for the show... bone marrow... part of my liver... lobe of a lung...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  You're so optimistic... my first thought was... "and it would be won by a Jack/Daniel shipper who would drown Sam in vat of molasses in the first five minutes of the episode..."

I, however, would happily donate a kidney for a chance to write for the show... bone marrow... part of my liver... lobe of a lung...

:| Jack/Daniel... molasses...

NOOO, And I was all excited about it The one time bad thoughts like that DON'T cross my mind...bah!

*Happy thoughts, happy thoughts*

GW DINNER ON FRIDAY!!!!! *squeee*

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Here's a couple more of my favorite Sam pics

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                      :| Jack/Daniel... molasses...

NOOO, And I was all excited about it The one time bad thoughts like that DON'T cross my mind...bah!

*Happy thoughts, happy thoughts*

GW DINNER ON FRIDAY!!!!! *squeee*
                      Sorry, MajorSam; I didn't mean to drag you down... Sending virtual hugs in your direction!

My LJ

Comment

Argh...I really need to read/write more SamFics, but I've been so busy with school. Summer's coming soon, though. And by soon, I mean June. Grr...

But I do have another honest-to-God awesome real-life (as real as fiction can be) reason why Sam is such a great character. She inspires real-life girls (like me) to pursue scientific careers and to work hard to get into tough colleges and do research. So, in some sense, I think I can thank the Sam character for getting me my new research position this summer at NASA JPL.

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
                          Argh...I really need to read/write more SamFics, but I've been so busy with school. Summer's coming soon, though. And by soon, I mean June. Grr...

But I do have another honest-to-God awesome real-life (as real as fiction can be) reason why Sam is such a great character. She inspires real-life girls (like me) to pursue scientific careers and to work hard to get into tough colleges and do research. So, in some sense, I think I can thank the Sam character for getting me my new research position this summer at NASA JPL.
                          Good to hear from you aeromathlete! And congratulatons on the summer position! Will you be working at the JPL in the LA/Pasadena area?

Comment

You should really write her and tell her.

I remember when in an interview, she mentioned how someone at a convention came up to her and told her that she had changed her life and made it better. It blew AT away. She didn't know how she had such an influence on others but was delighted that she could positively affect people's lives...

I think she'd love to hear your story...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

You should really write her and tell her.

I remember when in an interview, she mentioned how someone at a convention came up to her and told her that she had changed her life and made it better. It blew AT away. She didn't know how she had such an influence on others but was delighted that she could positively affect people's lives...

I think she'd love to hear your story...
                              That was GateCon 2001, she wore a pink shirt, dark choker... lol, dont' ask me how I know these things...

<<< From that day of the convention

But I agree, you should definately write, she LOVES that stuff... she's constantely blown away by it all

Speaking of which.

I had a three hour rehearsal for my play today, and I was the first one there, so while I was waiting for the previous people to leave I noticed a casting sheet for a female, around my exact age, who could play a person wanting to become a scientist and get involved in the space program and do special research projects and things.. the first thing I thougth was OMG SAM!!!! Everything I could imagine young Sam being like. I thought to myself "Wow, well it's about bloody time!" I was VERY pleased that theatre productions were starting things like that... I was all gung-ho to audition when I realized the female had to be at the tallest, 5"4... HAH! only about 6,7 inches to tall...

I myself am hoping to be writing, directing, and producing my own play next year, if the festival ends up happening, and the coordinator lets me...! If that happens, maybe I could get input from you guys? I know exactly who my lead actress will be, and i'm hoping to create a powerful female hero story.

With crazy things like alternate realities and mushy timelines... But completely different from Stargate and Sam, if that makes sense... lol.

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                Good to hear from you aeromathlete! And congratulatons on the summer position! Will you be working at the JPL in the LA/Pasadena area?
                                Yep. It's not too much of a stretch from my current situation. I'm a student at Caltech right now, so I got a SURF fellowship.

Comment

Working...
                                X