Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    i've come up with fic ideas that later get used in teh show, and there's no way in heck they read my stuff.
    a) they're not allowed
    b) the fic could be in zines long before they'd be on the net, so they'er nto readily accessible

such as using the imagers from foothold to immitate folks. did that way back in s3 timeline while the show took 4 more years to do it

sometimes i think it's just a sign that the random fan can sometimes be on the same wavelength as the show's writers, which is kinda cool
    It's a little freaky too...it happens ALOT to me...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      What's a 'flappy mood'?
      LoL, I can't tell if you are being serious or just joking around.

'Flappy' is a term that describes those of us who are loquacious.

I've been using the term for so long I just assumed it was common.
      I'm not positive but it was probably coined due to the flapping motion one's lips make as they move excessively open and close.

Though, I guess it's not really the correct terminology to describe chatting with one's hands.

Flappy...chatty...talkative...

One of those days wnere you step away from the keyboard for twenty minutes and come back to find that you have 30 pages to read is a day when the denizens of Samanda are in a VERY flappy mood.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        Aw, heck, if you want to add the date to mine, it's 1965. I'm just a little freaked about turning 40 this year. I don't feel like I'm 40...
        Awww, don't feel bad about turning 40. You should look at it as a positve thing not negative. Think of it as not getting older...but rather as becoming wiser. I wish I were turning 40 this year with you...then you and I could run up to Vancouver, spirit Amanda away and together the three of us could celebrate this momentous occassion by painting the city of Vancouver red.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          LoL, I can't tell if you are being serious or just joking around.

'Flappy' is a term that describes those of us who are loquacious.

I've been using the term for so long I just assumed it was common.
          I'm not positive but it was probably coined due to the flapping motion one's lips make as they move excessively open and close.

Though, I guess it's not really the correct terminology to describe chatting with one's hands.

Flappy...chatty...talkative...

One of those days wnere you step away from the keyboard for twenty minutes and come back to find that you have 30 pages to read is a day when the denizens of Samanda are in a VERY flappy mood.
          ROTFLOL! Great example! Thanks!

Comment

i've come up with fic ideas that later get used in teh show, and there's no way in heck they read my stuff.
            a) they're not allowed
            b) the fic could be in zines long before they'd be on the net, so they'er nto readily accessible

such as using the imagers from foothold to immitate folks. did that way back in s3 timeline while the show took 4 more years to do it

sometimes i think it's just a sign that the random fan can sometimes be on the same wavelength as the show's writers, which is kinda cool
            I just don't know how you ladies(and gents) sit down and manage to write such wonderful stories. I sat down with an idea for a Sam story and after several hours I looked down and realized it had become a Daniel/Oma story with Sam only having a bit part. I'm not sure when or where I lost control but it definitely went an entirely different direction as I intended and I have no clue how to get it back track. So it will sit on my computer just like all the other stories I have started but never finished. *heavy sigh*

Comment

I just don't know how you ladies(and gents) sit down and manage to write such wonderful stories. I sat down with an idea for a Sam story and after several hours I looked down and realized it had become a Daniel/Oma story with Sam only having a bit part. I'm not sure when or where I lost control but it definitely went an entirely different direction as I intended and I have no clue how to get it back track. So it will sit on my computer just like all the other stories I have started but never finished. *heavy sigh*
              It's funny - I have a hard time including Daniel and Teal'c sometimes...it's just so EASY to have a long series of Sam/Jack conversations with them just playing off of Sam/Jack...not even shippy conversations too just SGC related stuff...

I get Sam and I get Jack...the words I hear in my mind (oh, boy...I guess that means I HEAR VOICES!!! ) that I try to record sound as though they're coming from them...it's a little freaky...like I'm watching something happening and just typing it down for the record; like a court reporter or something.

Another interesting fact about me is that I typically work best when someone throws a very general idea at me...then the wheels start turning. So after I finish what I'm working on, I'll see if someone on here says something very general (and very in character) that I can take and turn into a multi-faceted character...heck, I might even propose a writing contest on that line!

Some of the shippy story ideas that I've seen proposed in the past seem out of character for me. The only reason I approach ship with such openness in Darker Side of Night is because of the change coming up next season. That's it. Otherwise, I'd be very vague and may have shippy undertones...but the stories themselves would be pretty much non-ship because that's true to the characters and the choices they've made through Season 8.
              Last edited by Uber; 11 April 2005, 01:37 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Here's one that even tsxlady WILL NOT GET! (yeah right)

NAME THAT EP/NAME THAT SCENE:

Afternoon all - okay you may have stumped me with this one
                Spoiler:
                Between Two Fire?? Hair length if right for Season 5 - jacket off which she did at Narims - exact scene ???
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Awww, don't feel bad about turning 40. You should look at it as a positve thing not negative. Think of it as not getting older...but rather as becoming wiser.
                  Oh, that's easy for you to say, Ms. I'm-still-30-something!

I don't actually feel bad about turning 40. It's just... weird. I've always thought I'd be all grown up by the time I hit 40, but noooooo...

I wish I were turning 40 this year with you...then you and I could run up to Vancouver, spirit Amanda away and together the three of us could celebrate this momentous occassion by painting the city of Vancouver red
                  Now that sounds like fun! But you'd have to drag me along, you know. I'm a terrible introvert. And with Amanda there, oh my, I wouldn't say a word for fear of sounding like an idiot. Because, of course, if I did say anything, I would sound like an idiot. Which is the direct result of often being an idiot. Which ties into the whole, "I always thought I'd be all grown up by the time I hit 40" bit...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Afternoon all - okay you may have stumped me with this one
                    Spoiler:
                    Between Two Fire?? Hair length if right for Season 5 - jacket off which she did at Narims - exact scene ???
                    Yeah. You sure were stumped.

Great job as always!

Comment

a) they're not allowed
                      I've heard that this is true of most shows, but Xena actually drafted a fanfic writer (Missy Good) to write several scripts for them because she was so popular with fans. Obviously, they (somebody in power, anyway) checked out her work before inviting her to the show.

But, I think the human mind works similarly enough that separate people go down the same path a lot. We've had the discussion before that it's really hard to come up with truly original ideas.

My LJ

Comment

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Horrible horrible stuff happening at home right now. I just want to run into the Great Hall of Samanda and bolt the door behind me.

I notice everyone has new avatars! Everyone... but me. Maybe I should go looking for a new one, to fit in to the latest avatar changing trend.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          Oh, that's easy for you to say, Ms. I'm-still-30-something!

I don't actually feel bad about turning 40. It's just... weird. I've always thought I'd be all grown up by the time I hit 40, but noooooo...

Now that sounds like fun! But you'd have to drag me along, you know. I'm a terrible introvert. And with Amanda there, oh my, I wouldn't say a word for fear of sounding like an idiot. Because, of course, if I did say anything, I would sound like an idiot. Which is the direct result of often being an idiot. Which ties into the whole, "I always thought I'd be all grown up by the time I hit 40" bit...
                          Originally posted by jackfan55
                          ok, I'm March 19--and I'm another of the newly 40 set. Unlike the rest of you *I'm* all grown up. Not.
                          Hmm, I wonder how AT feels about turning 40 this year. She's gotta love it with the new baby and all. I wonder if Sam would consider turning 40 as a positive or negative event her life?

Oh I just thought of a question I had been intending to ask... although it's totally unrelated. Anyone have a clue who is Jack's 2IC of the SGC? I've read a few stories recently where it was implied that Sam was now 2IC just as Jack was, but I don't recall it ever really being mentioned. I just don't see Sam in that position seeing as she's a newl Lt. Colonel. I just assumed the position would pass onto someone like Colonel Dixon, ect.

Comment

Kat: Hmm, I was adding the birthday list to my files and I noticed something that caught my eye. Anyone else notice that Deepspace started this list but her name isn't on it?
                            *squeaks* I was hoping nobody would notice.

Celebratory Dates of Birth
                            January 04 DancerofSpaz
                            January 04 MajorSam
                            February 11 SkyDiver (Denise)
                            February 14 Astrogeologist [19?2]
                            February 17 Strix Varia [1965] (turning 40 this year)
                            March 15 Chopingal
                            March 19 Jckfan (newly 40)
                            April 19 Deepspace
                            May 20 SamFan [1988]
                            June 19 UberSG-1Fan(Mary Beth) [1973]
                            August 20 DipsofJazz [1959]
                            August 28 Amanda
                            August 28 Matt
                            August 31 SamFan31
                            September 02 ForeverSG1(Kat) [1967]
                            October 18 Agent Dark
                            November 02 Chocdoc [1957]
                            November 09 Tara3583 [1954]
                            December 18 NearlyCircular

PS- Sally has told me she doesn't want her birthday on here, and I respect that.
                            Last edited by deepspace; 11 April 2005, 03:21 PM.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Hmm, I wonder how AT feels about turning 40 this year. She's gotta love it with the new baby and all. I wonder if Sam would consider turning 40 as a positive or negative event her life?

Oh I just thought of a question I had been intending to ask... although it's totally unrelated. Anyone have a clue who is Jack's 2IC of the SGC? I've read a few stories recently where it was implied that Sam was now 2IC just as Jack was, but I don't recall it ever really being mentioned. I just don't see Sam in that position seeing as she's a newl Lt. Colonel. I just assumed the position would pass onto someone like Colonel Dixon, ect.
                              I was going to PM you but I just wanted to tell you how amazing I think your art is...just for the record.

I feel trepidation regarding sharing my stories...what if people don't like them, what if they criticize me, blah blah blah, so I understand any fear related to expressing yourself artistically. There are some people who I would NEVER name btw that believe they are artists but I don't think are talented. But then again, I think I have some talent and others might see my art or my writing and say, "Eh, so so." So it's all relative...

Regarding your question...I honestly don't have the answer. I remember that Colonel Samuels was Hammond's 2IC until the Serpent's Lair...and I was never sure about whether or not Jack took over that spot...

But it makes sense that if Jack became Hammond's 2IC, that Sam was Jack's 2IC.

But what about the new guys? Will Cameron be the new 2IC for Landry? Or will Sam (if she were Jack's 2IC) resume the post upon returning from whereever she's going?

Comment

<snipped>

this kinda makes it hard to find fic focussing on sam that isn't ship fic. and it also, i think, attributes to how she's seen. most of the lists on sam focus on her as half of jack. and while ship is part of her, just like shau'ri/sara, etc are part of daniel and ishta is part of teal'c, sometimes it seems that all everyone ever sees in her is how she measures up as half of a pair
                                as you know, i'm a huge sam/jack shipper, but i'm also a huge sam fan separately. some of the 'in my head' fics i've done is sam having to deal with an issue where her brains or her military training come into work. so even though i love ship, i don't only see sam as the half of a pairing. i know you already know that here, but i'm thinking there's other shippers out there, like myself, that love the entire package that is sam (officer, scientist, mate, woman, human, etc).

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X