No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one that even tsxlady WILL NOT GET! (yeah right)

NAME THAT EP/NAME THAT SCENE:

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
      Ah. Suposse that makes sense

I lean towards the "big massive life-changing epic" genre... Which is why I never finish any! I have urgent parts, filler parts, new-discovery parts, etc... too many parts! ack.
      Wow. I'm slow.

I just PM'd you for a link to your fic and you have it posted in your sig...

Doh!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Here's one that even tsxlady WILL NOT GET! (yeah right)

NAME THAT EP/NAME THAT SCENE:

Spoiler:
        Between two Fires... Danie and Jack have just showed up at Narims house

Comment

You chaps are going to be the death of me. I'm now nearly 100 pages behind and my computer keeps crashing. I've just snuck on at work but only for 5 mins!!

Hello to you all. Hope to be back and current.....sometime!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Ok here's my picture for the night:

Guess the episode
            Spoiler:

Janet looking up at Sam in "Legacy" or whatever the name when they got invaded by Machello's creepy crawlies!

Comment

Hi Everyone and Welcome to All New Members

I'm feeling like Coley right now ... you guys are on speed or something! (Madam President ... perhaps you were administering an eye test for your loyal subjects with the oversized fonts?!!) Almost impossible to catch up with the thread if you miss a day or two ....

Have been writing some new chapters for Head Trip past weekend and I haven't had a chance to catch up with Sally's stories but plan to in the future. I think I'm all caught up with Uber, MajorSam, Sky, and Strix, although not sure about Tok'ra (and dips?).

I know I've requested this ages ago on our thread, but I think we have just been scattering the answers and it hasn't been easy to follow. Can someone please list all our fellow writers in one post with where we can find their stories? A bit of a task, is Keeper up to it? I know that Astro has been having so much fun photoshopping and commenting here on this thread that she's put the royal fanfic pen down for a bit! Maybe she can cross-reference her existing list of recommended Samfic writers and pinpoint the Samandans. I've been missing Astro's great stories and teasing her to start up again on 3500 Years which was eerily written before any of us knew about Moebius and the time loop. I think you should get royalties, Astro!

One of you (Uber?) has made a good comment about reading others' stories while writing your own. I never thought much about this until now because I just love good fanfic, especially Samfic, and dive right in. I haven't noticed similarities often with what I'm trying to do, but I'm sure it could happen. Again, though, it would be purely coincidental ... "great minds thinking alike" and all that! Probably a good idea to go on a "fanfic strike" while in the middle of a writing project ... I'll have to think about it. I know one writer who refuses to read *anything by anyone else ever* and I think that's a bit severe considering we all like to be supported in our efforts and I like to commend people when they are really doing a good job at bringing Sam and SG1 to life.

Uber, so you write and edit scripts? That shows in your fanfic style of writing with your love of dialogue. I think each of us has our own signature style of writing and modus operandi. For me, it's sitting in front of a blank screen and letting the Muse speak in my right ear (it has to be the right ear, the left just doesn't do it for me! ) Of course, the trusty legal pad full of notes is sitting nearby. I have been known to awaken with a Jack/Sam thought in the middle of the night and jot down a piece of the plot ... I'm sure some of you do the same thing. I also feel strongly about painting a picture with my words so that a reader can really see or feel what is happening - trying to be as true as I can to what I'm seeing in my own mind when writing.

Anyways, just a quick "hi there" to all my fellow Samandans! Busy work week coming up and not sure how much I can contribute here for awhile.

And, for those of you interested, please check out www.fanfiction.net/~chopingal for my latest cliff hanger chapter ... I honestly didn't mean to leave it so angsty but RL has intervened once again and I have to shove the Muse to the back of my closet for several days. I already hear her banging on the door, begging to be let out!

Peace! CG/Jester
              Last edited by ChopinGal; 11 April 2005, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Although I have to admit Sky had a few stories about Sam/Teal'c that I must admit had my eyebrow doing a little Teal'c impersonation. I'm pretty sure it was Sky's ... I believe it had somethign to do with "The Light"?

Kat
                ahem, that one. asirious situation

sam/tealc', pleasure palace....yeah, you get the picture

hey, half the fun of sam/teal'c is that no one else writes it, so it doesn't blend in with all the other fic

actually, i wrote my first one after the sg1 awards one y ear and sam/teal'c got ZERO nominatinos. i was fascinated by a pairing that no one had written, so i wrote one of my own, and got hooked on the duo, be it just friendship or more
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  ahem, that one. asirious situation

sam/tealc', pleasure palace....yeah, you get the picture

hey, half the fun of sam/teal'c is that no one else writes it, so it doesn't blend in with all the other fic

actually, i wrote my first one after the sg1 awards one y ear and sam/teal'c got ZERO nominatinos. i was fascinated by a pairing that no one had written, so i wrote one of my own, and got hooked on the duo, be it just friendship or more
                  Sky - you've written some awesome fics! And, yes, it is fun to branch out and find "the road less traveled" when writing ... I'm still new at this but already have some future ideas percolating and I like what you've done with the whole Teal'c/Sam dimension. Good stuff! Fun stuff!

My only attempt so far was the short Man of the Hour with Walter as "hero". But I'll consider others in the future.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

for me, sometimes i need to take a break from writinig and read.

i write a lot 'in my head' and sometimes i need to just chill and think and let the ideas come, and reading is one way to make that happen

everyone has their own style.

as to writers, well gracie is a writer (The Hidden One is a fantastic non-ship sam fic)

who else? post your addys and links here and we can collect a 'sam fic reference library'

even post some recs to sam authors who may not play here

as far as i'm concerned, there's no such thing as too little sam fic

sigpic

Comment

Samandan Writers
                      This is what I have so far...please feel free to add your name to the
                      list.

SkyDiver/Denise http://www.geocities.com/sky_diver119/

Astrog/SG1-Fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/u/599721/

Chopingal http://www.fanfiction.net/~chopingal

MajorSam http://www.geocities.com/popcornsamo/P3X-717.html

UberSG-1Fan http://www.fanfiction.net/u/775278/

Strix Varia http://vikingchick.gyrfalcon.net/stargate.htm
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 11 April 2005, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Hmm, I was adding the birthday list to my files and I noticed something that
                        caught my eye. Anyone else notice that Deepspace started this list but her
                        name isn't on it? We have a few other hold outs as well.
                        Coley
                        MajorSal
                        Tok'raHostess(Gracie)
                        Jackfan55

Celebratory Dates of Birth

Jan 04 DancerofSpaz
                        Jan 04 MajorSam
                        Feb 11 SkyDiver(Denise)
                        Feb 14 Astrogeologist[19?2]
                        Feb 17 Strix Varia [1965]
                        Mar 15 Chopingal
                        May 20 Sam Fan [1988]
                        Jun 19 UberSG-1Fan(Mary Beth) [1973]
                        Aug 20 DipsofJazz [1959]
                        Aug 28 Amanda
                        Aug 28 Matt
                        Aug 31 SamFan31
                        Sep 02 ForeverSG1(Kat) [1967]
                        Oct 18 Agent Dark
                        Nov 02 Chocdoc [1957]
                        Nov 09 Tara3583 [1954]
                        Dec 18 NearlyCircular

Also, I've recently decided to start a MSN list for those rare occassions when some of us are in a flappy mood. So hopefully we can move the convo there instead of filling up the thread. If anyone would be interested in being added to the list please send me a PM.
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 11 April 2005, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          <snip>
                          Uber, so you write and edit scripts? That shows in your fanfic style of writing with your love of dialogue. I think each of us has our own signature style of writing and modus operandi. For me, it's sitting in front of a blank screen and letting the Muse speak in my right ear (it has to be the right ear, the left just doesn't do it for me! ) Of course, the trusty legal pad full of notes is sitting nearby. I have been known to awaken with a Jack/Sam thought in the middle of the night and jot down a piece of the plot ... I'm sure some of you do the same thing. I also feel strongly about painting a picture with my words so that a reader can really see or feel what is happening - trying to be as true as I can to what I'm seeing in my own mind when writing.
                          <snip>
                          It depends on the story...I think. Darker Side of Night practically wrote itself.

Eclipse because of its technicalities (I had to do a lot of backchecking of facts to make sure that some of the story components were feasible with what we know about the history...a la continuity)...

This new one presents an even more difficult challenge because I'm trying to see how they can get out of one situation...but I'm not sure yet if my solution is scientifically possible or true to the characters, some of whom I've created...so I mentally tweak it throughout the day, adding little bits here and there to add flavors...definitely have a notepad near the bed though for that 3 a.m. inspiration.

I know what you mean about painting the picture. In Eclipse
                          Spoiler:
                          when Sam was on the Alpha Site and had to hide from the Jaffa, I thought back to when I had passed out and described vividly the sensations from passing out...even reading it, I cringe alittle because it makes me recall how horrid those physical symptoms are...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            Here are some of my favorite Sam pics:
                            Great pics, astroG! Thanks!

Scientific enthusiasm

Competent and solid. One of the team.

The softer side.

Completely exhausted.
                            Great Pics AstroG. Thanks!

Comment

Ok here's my picture for the night:

Guess the episode
                              Alternate caption: "Whoa, I've got to lay off that *special* blue jello!

Comment

Hmm, I was adding the birthday list to my files and I noticed something that
                                caught my eye. Anyone else notice that Deepspace started this list but her
                                name isn't on it? We have a few other hold outs as well.
                                Coley
                                MajorSal
                                Tok'raHostess(Gracie)
                                SkyDiver(Denise)

yeah so??????

LOL

I'm Feb 11

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X