Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam
    Ooh, which one!? She's a fan fic author, written tons of them. Some are pretty good!! She got a nom for Outstanding Drama in this years SJFA's. Is on GW, but hasnt' been much lately...
    Hmm must be your friend. The story I read is on nominations list for SJFA...
    "Into the Darkness"

My husband is out of town again so I've been trying to find new stories to fill my time at night.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Hmm must be your friend. The story I read is on nominations list for SJFA...
      "Into the Darkness"

My husband is out of town again so I've been trying to find new stories to fill my time at night.

Yes, that's her. Did you like it??? Post a review, she'll love it

Haha, aww, filling those lonely nights... (((Kat)))

I'm assuming you've read all of Sally Reeve's....
      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

You know I'm always amazed to sit and read fanfics and then later meet the authors. I remember sitting here for nearly a month having no clue at all that SkyDiver and Denise were the person. I was shocked when I finally found out.

Then I spend a night reading stories by Strix Varia and the next day she post on the thread. Now we have our wonderful award winning Astrog to keep us all entertained as well with her stories and ChopinGal and MajorSam. It's really cool.

I'm truly impressed that I'm surrounded by so many remarkably talented individuals. I have been trying to finish just one story and I just can't seem to do it. So hopefully I can entertain everyone with my little pictures half as much as I've been entertained by all the wonderful stories.

Comment

Yes, that's her. Did you like it??? Post a review, she'll love it

Haha, aww, filling those lonely nights... (((Kat)))

I'm assuming you've read all of Sally Reeve's....
          Yeah... Sally is amazing. I think she was one of the first authors I started to read. I read every story on her site. Unfortunately I tend to do that alot. Find one author and then read everything I can find with them and move onto another...

Although I have to admit Sky had a few stories about Sam/Teal'c that I must admit had my eyebrow doing a little Teal'c impersonation. I'm pretty sure it was Sky's ... I believe it had somethign to do with "The Light"?

I'm really bad about reviewing people's work. I didn't find out about GW and other fanfic archives until after I did most of my intensive reading. Normally I just typed 'stargate fanfic' in google and started reading the first name that came up. I tried to send emails to tell them how much I liked their work but more often than not it came back undeliverable and now I just read and move on. Guess I should actually start leaving comments more.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Yeah... Sally is amazing. I think she was one of the first authors I started to read. I read every story on her site. Unfortunately I tend to do that alot. Find one author and then read everything I can find with them and move onto another...

Although I have to admit Sky had a few stories about Sam/Teal'c that I must admit had my eyebrow doing a little Teal'c impersonation. I'm pretty sure it was Sky's ... I believe it had somethign to do with "The Light"?

I'm really bad about reviewing people's work. I didn't find out about GW and other fanfic archives until after I did most of my intensive reading. Normally I just typed 'stargate fanfic' in google and started reading the first name that came up. I tried to send emails to tell them how much I liked their work but more often than not it came back undeliverable and now I just read and move on. Guess I should actually start leaving comments more.

Kat

I'm very glad to hear about Sally! My current project is too print off all of her fics. yes, all of them I have... Counterbalance, A Second Chance, and the Holding the Line/Crossing the Line/The End of the Line series. Briliant, every single one of hers...

I discovered the whole fics thing years and years ago, at heliopolis. Ever since then I go, find the LONGEST fics I can (Usually always Sam/Jack) And spend entire weeks just reading. And reading.

WIth fanfic.net I tend to review, especially now that ive come to be an author myself, and know what it's like to get good reviews

I also love finding out that I know an author of something. I posted a review once, and the author mailed back saying "omg, are you that person from GateCon who *bla bla bla" And it turned out she was one of the people I had been hanging out with and had a fabulous time joking around with. (She was in a group of people who were my friend's and I's "official scorekeepers" Of how many autographs we'd got on our shirts, and how many more we needed" It was really random, but fabulous

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

I'm very glad to hear about Sally! My current project is too print off all of her fics. yes, all of them I have... Counterbalance, A Second Chance, and the Holding the Line/Crossing the Line/The End of the Line series. Briliant, every single one of hers...

I discovered the whole fics thing years and years ago, at heliopolis. Ever since then I go, find the LONGEST fics I can (Usually always Sam/Jack) And spend entire weeks just reading. And reading.

WIth fanfic.net I tend to review, especially now that ive come to be an author myself, and know what it's like to get good reviews

I also love finding out that I know an author of something. I posted a review once, and the author mailed back saying "omg, are you that person from GateCon who *bla bla bla" And it turned out she was one of the people I had been hanging out with and had a fabulous time joking around with. (She was in a group of people who were my friend's and I's "official scorekeepers" Of how many autographs we'd got on our shirts, and how many more we needed" It was really random, but fabulous
              I try to not read any fic while in the middle of writing a story...I don't want to accidently "have an idea" that really came from someone else... that would stink royally (Mary Beth slyly responds to the question asked of her in a PM )

Now I tried to keep Darker Side of Night and Eclipse down to 50 pages apiece (it was tough...I could easily have made both longer and may add a "director's cut" version in the future )...but it's looking as though the finale yet to be named (but leaning toward "So Shines the Dawn") is going to exceed that self-imposed limitation...which I will now remove from me.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                I try to not read any fic while in the middle of writing a story...I don't want to accidently "have an idea" that really came from someone else... that would stink royally (Mary Beth slyly responds to the question asked of her in a PM )

Now I tried to keep Darker Side of Night and Eclipse down to 50 pages apiece (it was tough...I could easily have made both longer and may add a "director's cut" version in the future )...but it's looking as though the finale yet to be named (but leaning toward "So Shines the Dawn") is going to exceed that self-imposed limitation...which I will now remove from me.

Why the hay would you set a limit!? 50 pages is like, the epilogue of my fic Broken!!!!

I figure, personally, I already have such set ideas on what I want from my fics that it's ok if I go and read others! Right now i'm just re-reading Sally's, so I don't risk wanting to steal her ideas, as if I'd wanted to, I would have the first time's I read them!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Why the hay would you set a limit!? 50 pages is like, the epilogue of my fic Broken!!!!

I figure, personally, I already have such set ideas on what I want from my fics that it's ok if I go and read others! Right now i'm just re-reading Sally's, so I don't risk wanting to steal her ideas, as if I'd wanted to, I would have the first time's I read them!
                  I guess because I was trying to make it flow like an episode...didn't want it to go too long...

I was trying to create a momentum and a sense of urgency.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

lol, I agree with the President. After re-reading your fics Uber, I'm gonna have to say they are little *too* short!

Bring on the Epic
                    non-shipCarterFic!

Comment

I guess because I was trying to make it flow like an episode...didn't want it to go too long...

I was trying to create a momentum and a sense of urgency.
                      Ah. Suposse that makes sense

I lean towards the "big massive life-changing epic" genre... Which is why I never finish any! I have urgent parts, filler parts, new-discovery parts, etc... too many parts! ack.

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

I lean towards the "big massive life-changing epic" genre... Which is why I never finish any! I have urgent parts, filler parts, new-discovery parts, etc... too many parts! ack.
                        One thing I've had to learn for writing or for anything else creative (as my work depends on it) is learn how to trim the fat. It's very tough because you have a creative vision and you want it all to be seen and appreciated...

For instance, I am working with someone about getting a script produced for a different franchise. The format is supposed to be a made for tv scenario. So I had to really look at the content to see what helped move the plot along and what hindered it. (btw, who knows if that'll ever pan out I was just happy to be told it was excellent and very producible...)

So when it comes to writing Fanfic, especially with Eclipse, the conversation with (and I'll put this in spoiler tags just in case someone wants to read it and not be spoiled)
                        Spoiler:
                        Janet could have easily gone on for several pages. Plus the whole McKay interaction was cut short as well. But I was determined to keep most of the Jacob/Sam dialogue as well as the Maybourne/Jack segments. I also didn't flesh out Jack's reaction nearly as much as I could have but I laid the foundation for it...I'm saving that for the next installment.

Comment

I have a Drabble that's been giving me a headache. ROFLMAO
                          I make a mean souffle though.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            lol, I agree with the President. After re-reading your fics Uber, I'm gonna have to say they are little *too* short!

Bring on the Epic
                            non-shipCarterFic!

Well there will be some shippy elements to the finale (sorry, AD )...but since you've read the other two, you know that right now there's simply no TIME to even touch that topic. Everyone has their hands busy doing other things...

Eclipse was 98% a Sam story...the finale will feature the others more too but of course the main plot will be focused on her quandry...

Comment

Here's a new version of Name the Ep/Name the Scene...called "What Just Happened?/What Did They Just Say?"
                              (Okay, it's pretty much the same thing, but with a different name)

So, WHAT JUST HAPPENED/WHAT DID THEY JUST SAY? (or come up with your own dialogue)

Yep... Definitely wet myself after seeing that pic, and definitely after Samo's reply... Ahhh... GOOD times.

Comment

Don't all parents think their kids are crazy

Speaking of sigs... I just noticed YOURS!! it's BRILLIANT! HAH!!! it's...it's.... utterly fantastic!!!
                                Thanks for that Samo! Really, though, it's because I'm MUCH better with stringing a few words together than I am at posting a bloody picture in this forum. You see, my tiny brain apparently can't wrap itself around the term, "jpeg," or something. Whatever!

Comment

Working...
                                X