Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(hehe, loves those two!!!)

Anywho, I have millions more, but this is the Samanda thread, not Sam/Jack, lol.
    Last edited by MajorSam; 10 April 2005, 03:28 PM.
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Not too big - and loved them!
      In the first pic - it looks *cold* on that set! AT has a jacket over her jacket!
      And I love that pic of AT directing on the set of Resurrection.
      Love the Death Knell 'cosmetics'
      And my favorite is the pic on the set of Changeling, where she's in the firefighter's gear and is being presented with some flowers.

Great pics, MajorSal!
      my pleasure, astrog.

i like pics that you 'really' get to look at. like the one with amanda sitting at the makeup table. is that amanda's makeup table? there's pictures there. who are they? and you can see a reflection in the mirror. and then with amanda directing. look how hard she's concentrating. it's sweet. (((amanda))) does anyone know what ep they were filming where everyone wore coats and jackets? it really was cold there. oh, and the pic where amanda's receiving flowers: that was for her birthday. she celebrated her birthday that week while filming changeling. i wonder if they were from alan? look how embarrassed she was. amanda's so sweet. (((amanda)))

sally

ps - do you mind, astrog, if i call you astro, without the g? with the g, i feel like i'm saying an alien name. but i'll do with makes you the most comfortable.
      Last edited by majorsal; 10 April 2005, 03:36 PM.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        that's cause it was her birthday

she got flowers and they sang to her
        do you know who they were from? were her teammates there too (rick, chris, and corin)?

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Evolution II I think
          Thanks.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
            Just ran across this in the news folder thought I would post it here -

From a SyFy Portal e-mail announcement:

(Voting will be held at the SyFy Portal web site:

http://www.syfyportal.com/ )

BEST ACTRESS/Television
            Patricia Arquette, "Medium"
            Claudia Black, "Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars"
            Jennifer Garner, "Alias"
            Mary McDonnell, "Battlestar Galactica"
            Amanda Tapping, "Stargate SG-1"

Here is the link to the full post http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=10999

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

http://img53.exs.cx/img53/2660/samiam3ru.jpg

For some reason I really like the picture of Sam/Jack because they are in a nearly identical position: same head tilt, mouth slightly open, gun same height, elbow bent at same angle. It was almost as if RDA/AT were posed in this position before the cameras started rolling.
              i love that pic too.... *shippy sigh*

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                well, I’m catching up, it’s just taking awhile. So I’ll post in reply to old stuff first. I have to say I am mildly dissapointed that so far I haven’t heard anything about France. I thought our pressie was going to write about it.
                Ack!!!!

I'm sorry, I really want to share my fabulous tales, but RL has REALLY been slapping me in the face lately, and I haven't had time to do a LOT of things i'd really like too...Including being here yesterday for the incredible passionate postings about Sam and her developments. I’d like to say to EVERYONE, no matter their opinion, that I love what you said. I love the open-mindedness, lack of clawing and hissing, complete honest interest everyone has in even conflicting opinions. In any other thread, people probably would have been at our throats, red-repping like crazy. (I say this in genera, not all threads would be like that, but still, none would be nearly so understanding)

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Let me refine that: instead of a dance, let's think of the SG1 team as a jazz band ... a great combo knows how to rotate the lead between the players ... one moment the piano takes the melody and then the sax plays a riff and then the drummer steps in ... but they still come back together and blend perfectly. So what I wish for S9 is our SG1 team (new and old alike) to be an ensemble cast but knowing when to step in and out and do some great solo moments too. For Sam, it has to be soldier/scientist moments - showing her now at the top of her game. She's earned it and the loyal fans deserve it!

I'm buying ... blue jello for everyone!!
                Firstly I’d like to say I totally LOVED this analogy… as a member of a jazz combo myself (alto sax, woot!) I could really connect with this * happily slops away blue jello *

majorsal--
                Tok’ra hostess (Gracie)--
                skydiver (Denise)--
                tara 3583--November 9, 1954
                dipsofjazz--August 20, 1959
                sam fan--May 20, 1988
                astrogeologist--
                Chopingal--March 15
                coley--
                Agent Dark--October 18
                Uber (Mary Beth House)--June 19, 1973 (soon to be 32 )
                Forever (Kat)--September 2
                NC--December 18
                Strix--February 17
                majorsam--january 4
                the dancer of spaz--January 4
                (our lurker extroidinaire and our president share a birthday!)
                Spazo… I finally figured it out. We’re secretly identical twins separated at birth! !!!

And, while I wasn't expecting them to show Sam and Pete kissing ardently against the wall... I have to admit that a large part of me was thinking 'You Go Girl!'.... (astrog ducks) So while I was surprised, I wasn't that shocked... and I quickly thought it was pretty cool... although I wouldn't have wanted them to show any more 'details'.
                I admit, I had kind of the same reactions *ducks again* I’ve always had mixed feelings on it, for both Amanda and Sam. I love Amanda, think she’s the best influence in the world, best role model for anyone, but have thought quite a bit “Come on woman, you’re gorgeous, why not play it up a bit?” Same goes for Sam. I can fully imagine her having a crazy wild side (Including the motorcycles, piloting etc) With Chimera, mixed feelings. I first saw most of the scenes between Sam and Pete on the monitors on location filming, meaning I saw all the takes in a row, but with no sound. This gave me a much different perspective when I actually saw the full ep on tv.
                Now, when I had David Deluise beside me saying “Lets see the kissing scene” I was intrigued. I thought “Ok, it’s not Jack, but… well, she’s just getting in some practice for when she’s with him!” Not knowing anything about Affinity or where it was all going. When I saw all 7 or so takes, in a row, of the hallway scene, I totally loved too see her acting like a hot blooded woman, after all, she is. I mean, taking of his tie ‘frantically’ and everything. I admit, the NC-17’s have corrupted my mind and I can watch just about anything, and speak about them with no blushing. However, although I liked the actions, I didn’t like the person… per se. If it had been Jack, I’d be ecstatic at her, excuse me for bluntness, stripping a man down in her front hallway! It’s everything I’ve ever wanted to see for them. However, it was Pete. All I’d seen of him was a bunch of multi-take scenes, with no sound. I had no idea what he was like, what kind of person, how much history they’d had. I wasn’t fuming with rage or anything, I was interested to see more, hear the sound, see how it all turned out.

When I saw the ep on TV I was interested to see that some of the takes were actually worse than what we saw. David got a bit enthusiastic at times, with the kissing of her neck. I quote Pete Deluise and them “What are you DOING to her!?” David: “I don’t know!!!” Peter “You’re eating her chin!” As well I was told how Amanda had said, during the filming “But it doesn’t actually happen like that!” (I laughed at the innocence they put into their voices repeating this) To which David (Or was it Peter… can’t remember) had replied “Oh I don’t know, I’ve had a few of those…” But anyways, that’s kind of getting off topic…

So by this point I was kind of like “Ok, I want to see what this guy’s got that’s got Sam so fired up” However, after that hallway scene, I see the next morning scene. Once again I’m wishing SO badly that it was Jack, but still interested. I see there’s dialogue, wonder what’s happening. Then I see Pete get up, and literally leave her naked in bed, alone. That’s what got me. I didn’t know what had happened between them in the ep, didn’t know any of the dialogue for the cutesy scenes I’d seen, but this was as obvious as you could get. I saw Sam’s face as he just left, and I knew from then that I didn’t like him. I tried not to be immediately judgmental, but the first thoughts I had were “Ok, obviously he’s a jerk, how could Sam do this… Why would she just go and sleep with him like that? I can’t believe it…” the words “I can’t believe it…” Echoed throughout my head for the rest of the night. I’m sure I probably had been staring at the screen in shock and horror. I know that those thoughts were admittedly softened by the amazement in my mind at being on set, but I still never shook the silent scenes from my head.

When I finally did see the whole episode, with sound, I had changed opinions. I liked Pete’s down-to-Earth kind of normalness, that he made Sam happy, etc. I dare say I really liked him. However, when I saw the morning scene again, the feelings came back. I just couldn’t believe what he did, and then almost could-be-said “stalked” her, put team at risk, then she’s just like “Oh, I’ll tell you everything!” I liked him only up to that morning scene. Actually, for me, the dancing was also quite…iffy. It was obvious he brought her there to prove a point (The whole “it’s nice to see people stay together no matter what) I thought “Wow, slimeball… Using the dance, the 50th anniversary, to try and push her into staying with him, or possibly something like that. It might be romantic to some, an “aww” scene, but to me it just kinda creeped me out.

Affinity really got it for me. He proposed, and I felt sick. I thought “How could Sam live forever with this guy… without being able to tell him anything, with such a rough, imo, at times past with him, with feelings for jack still” Then when she said “Yes” and started snogging him behind the truck… I just thought “ WHAT ARE YOU DOIIIIIIING!?!?!?”

Sorry if I offended anyone with my opinions, I just kind of started going on….I hope my explanations about being on set made sense! *Wonders if she should get Beta, lol, I probably contradicted myself. I seem to do that…*

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

I am really fed up with tv right now. Why is everything about sex and relationships? Once upon a time I could turn the tv on and watch something, which even if it wasn’t that good, still had a basic story plot. Now everything I try watching, it’s all sop, or sex, or about people’s body image. I am articularly pissed off with Battlestar Galactica right now. I was just starting to enjoy it, with that absolutely fun and brilliant episode with Starbuck stuck on a planet, and then rigging up the cylon ship and flying it. I particularly like the way she made herself identifiable as her and not just another cylon attack with the tape on the underside. And I loved what Apollo said, about ‘flying with attitude’. I like Starbuck, in a way because she gives me a lot of the Pilot that I don’t get as much of in Sam… because I’ve really enjoyed the few times that they’ve shown Sam as a pilot. But now, these past two episodes after that eisode, they’ve been boring, dull, have had no real storyline or plot, and they’ve been mostly all about stupid Guyus and his cylon sex partner in his head. It really spoils things for me.
                  The worst part is, after episodes such as Prometheus Unbound, I feel like they are taking Stargate in a similar diection. Why do they feel they need to change the image of a show and sex it up? I mean, Vala is a perfect example of what I hate in sci fi shows, and for that matter all tv.
                  *rant over*
                  sorry
                  So true! I loved this post. I don’t watch any other sci-fi show, except sometimes Star Trek. Except Enterprise. I really liked it at first, but eventually all the constant sex issues I saw… I thought “Ok, STAR Trek, not BED trek!!!” I don’t watch any other sci-fi shows. Of the random eps I’ve seen, they’ve all involved scantily clad alien chicks getting with the big man-lead character. I think to myself “Puhleeeeeze!!!” And change the channel. With Stargate it was different. I loved the action, adventure, humour, wonderful team, wonderful small characters even. I loved the bad guys too! Sure they were kind of cliché, but in a new way. They weren’t stupid looking, they were cool and mythological, which I’d always loved. I loved how Stargate made the few sexual things seem rare and exciting in the fact that we don’t usually see it. Even with the Daniel Donor thing (eep) They only showed ruffled sheets. With Sam, although I now see how MANY blooming guys fell for her, she didn’t go mackin on them or anything (with exception of Narim) Not every ep was about “Omg, alien hybrid babies are taking over!” Or, in regards to normal shows “Like, omg, who slept with who!?”

When she DID go all the way with someone, I was happy for her. One thing I didn’t like though (besides Pete himself) didn’t like that it was just two episodes after Grace. With absolutely no time frame references, my mind just felt like it had been a week or two. I thought “Geez woman, are you REALLY that desperate?” I mean, yes it’s been many years (for all we know) But I still didn’t think she’d go and jump in with Pete RIGHT after Grace. I’d thought that Sam, of all people, would have thought about everything SERIOUSLY after her time on the Prommy. Done some serious evaluations, thoughts, weighing the odds of this against that. If she finally decided to get into a relationship, I don’t think she would have gone, been set up by her brother, and jumped into bed so quickly. Even if she HAD been set up I thought she would take it slow. It hurt me as a shipper, because it seemed that she just so easily seemed to discard her feelings for Jack and take it away with Pete. I thought she would have realized after all the years how big the feelings for Jack were (at least in my mind) and how they wouldn’t go away. I thought she would understand her and Jack’s situation enough to know that she had to respect those feelings, like she respects Jack, and how she respected herself. She knew the consequences if her and Jack had done anything, but did she think about the consequences of her doing something with someone else, so quickly after such an emotional breakthrough? I’m not saying per se that she shot her self-respect, just… bent it. I don’t know if this makes sense, but it’s some of how I feel about things…

My take on season 9.

(I warn you, im’ suddenly in a cynical mood, I know everyone is extremely open-minded and inclusive in this thread, but I still don’t want anyone to get in a tizzy bout my opinions) (Plus it seems a lot of it is contradictory… just goes to show how mushy my feelings are on everything! Bah)

I personally am avoiding spoilers like the plague. Quite a ridiculous undertaking, seeing as i'm on GateWorld 24/7, but still, i'm going to stand by it. i'm not doing the unspeakable for any eps, so am going to have to wait until Season 9 airs in Canada, which will be God knows when! (Although I hear we’re catching up and will air along with the US and everyone…!?!?)

Still, I hear how everyone’s very…worried, about the lack of spoilers Re/Sam, as well as all said about BB’s character. For me personally, I don’t like Farscape, I don’t like the people in it, I’m extremely wary of the MASSIVE changes that are happening. I don’t like that fact that TPTB are trying to hook in the Farscape fans. They’re TPTB of Stargate Sg-1, not FarGate lets-replace-every-1. I’m ok with the fact that RDA won’t really be in it. Don’t get me wrong I love Jack, but I’m not going to stop watching over it. What I don’t like is the pattern coming up. Look at who’s died recently (spoilers up to and including Moebius 2)
                  Spoiler:
                  Janet, Jacob, Catherine
                  Plus
                  Spoiler:
                  Hammond’s gone already
                  Main people, while not being too “main” that they can’t die, apparently. Slowly but surely, it seems to me, TPTB are knocking off all the characters we love, and are now going to slap us with a bunch of new people. From what I’ve heard
                  Spoiler:
                  New Commander of Sg-1, new commander of SGC, new doctor
                  Too me that seems like just about three of the biggest shoes to fill!

However, thought I may seem to be contradicting myself, I’m not… well, I’m really upset, but again, I’m not going to stop watching over it. I’m not putting up ultimatums, I’m not leaving in great huffs, I’m just not giving up hope, if you can call it that. We’ve had, IMO, 8 years of a fantastic show. It’s been a massive part of my life (yes, meaning harsh over-obsessed on computer 24/7 type thing) and I’m going to see it through to the end. I’m going to keep my mind open, because I really don’t want to see it end in a fury of anger and disappointment and resentment. Sure I might have to watch it gritting my teeth sometimes, I just have invested too much into this show to allow myself to just stop.

I love the people in the show. Amanda I will forever idolize, Chris is utterly fantastic, Michael is so funny, RDA is so funny. I love Walter, Siler, Davis, all the little people. Even though the show is insanely changing, for the most part (kind of) they’ll still be there. There will still be new Behind-the-Scenes, there will still be new stories of misadventures on set. For me, it’s not just what I see in polished episodes, it’s all that happens that goes into the episodes. It’s not just a show, it’s the lives of a great bunch of people. Wow that sounds corny… but it’s true! Even if the show goes to the dogs, the people will stay the same. (I hope!!!!) Yeah it’s going to die out eventually, cons will stop (sob!) but this is still a major investment of people whom I respect.

Regarding the actual “polished” eps, though I won’t say “This is what I want, otherwise, I’m gone” I do have hopes. Here are some:

~Sam Carter kickin some RepliCarter Butt
                  ~Sam using hand device (I will be so crushed if that becomes a Vala thing…)
                  ~Sam in hand-to-hand
                  ~Sam the crazy pilot
                  ~Sam jumpin out of a plane again
                  ~Sam on her motorcycle
                  ~Sam in an alien-space ship dogfight
                  ~Sam with her bazooka again
                  ~Sam the LEADER!!!. Giving orders, not taking crap from anyone who might doubt her. Planning missions, utilizing her tactical knowledge, getting the job done, making tough decisions, with doubt against her, but her being right. An interesting thing to see is her incorporating her scientific brilliance into her military strategies. Using physics to dictate where she should set up explosives, so the debris fall just so. Most times military people set it so it explodes, kills people, but why not use EVERY aspect of it to an advantage, getting results out of the results! I think TPTB could get REALLY cool with how Sam could use her unique skills in those areas.
                  ~Sam the happy person. Happy with her life, including her love life. I’m not going to get on the case of anti-shippers, but for me, with Jack. In a non-compramising, but enhancing, happy, fulfillment of a very important aspect of humanity in general!
                  ~Sam dealing with aliens. Good, bad, whatever. Just going to a planet, doing the introducing, being the one to say “gonna have to contact my superiors” Just showing that “I’m the leader of this team, these are my responsibilities, my duties, and I’m doing them, as best as I can” Even if it is the basics. After all, without the foundations, how can we see the buildings of her fantastic intricate leadership skills?

My fears:

~Vala taking the goa’uld devices. Sam’s had the abilities for years, as a result of something horrendous, yet enlightening. I don’t’ want to see the disrespect to her by slapping in this new chick, whom we don’t know, who can do all that, and does. Maybe Sam and her should get into a hand device battle… with Sam winning of course.
                  ~BB. All I can say is, so help me if he bloody takes Sam’s command…
                  ~No mention of shippyness again. RDA’s only in there so much, if TPTB go and ignore it again… I mean, IMO RDA wouldn’t disagree to come in and even record a phone call between him and Sam. A simple “When are you going to be home? even. After all the years, all the massive arguments, all the opinions of everyone… to ignore BOTH sides (shippers and anti’s) might just be the worst thing.
                  ~A lot of other things I can’t quite grasp at this ridiculous time in the night/morning.

WHEW. A complete five pages written in MS Word, with massive margins and small font size… This is a record for my longest post!!! Even though I probably could have done waaay more *grumbles about evil RL* (Holy cow, I couldn't even put it all into one post...!)

I hope I made sense with the explanations of the things I talked about, and that I didn’t’ sound ridiculous, harsh, stupid, etc. Once again, I’m sure it won’t happen, but in case, I apologize to anyone if I incurred any completely-non intentional offense!!!!

((((((((((((Samandan Family))))))))))))

Thank you all SO much for being here to rant to, discuss with, get into heated-arguments with. If not for you guys I would EXPLODE with all the inner-thoughts I have re/Sam, a.k.a The most fabulous character on TV.

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

(daniel) "Sam... Teal'c... " *shakes head* "Sam, just because Teal'c's talking to this rock doesn't mean you have to listen if it replies!"

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Here's a new one for Name the Ep/Guess the Scene!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                        Great pictures, Kat. I really like her expression on the second one. What episode is it from?

NC

evolution 2 (she's got the sling around her neck)
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Guess The Episode or Add A Caption

Wait, wait, wait.....i CAN too hear the ocean!!!
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                            Spoiler:
                            Spirits! After they've been pee-shot'ed, Sam looks all muzzy and sees the Native people, there's dramatic Native music...
                            Woo... great job MSam and Txaslady!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              And my favorite is the pic on the set of Changeling, where she's in the firefighter's gear and is being presented with some flowers.
                              Great pics, MajorSal!
                              that's cause it was her birthday
                              she got flowers and they sang to her
                              Thanks for the info, Sky - It was her birthday! Now I like that pic even more!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Here's a new one for Name the Ep/Guess the Scene!

It's
                                Spoiler:
                                Fire And Water

Scene
                                Spoiler:
                                While under hypnosis Sam remeber what happened on the planet she is collecting samples
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X