No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back! I'm back....I'M BACK!!!!! OH THANKS GOODNESS, STARTS TO HYPERVENTILATE. INEED MY FIX, I NEED MY FIX. JUMPS UP AND DOWN JUMPS UP AND DOWN SLOWLY COMES TO HER SENSES, STOPS JUMPING UP AND DOWN REALISING THERE ARE 73 PAGES - YES 73 TO CATCH UP WITH - REACHES FOR THE DRINKS CABINET.......OI! JESTER WHERE'S ALL THE BOOZE GONE!!!!! SO I GOT LEFT WITH DIRTY DICK EH!!!

Well its been a long and painful haul, but I've just installed a new browser - firefox to be exact. Whilst the captures come up very poor quality and take about 4 times as long to load at least I'm here. It will take me forever to catch up though

Hope everyones fine.

How about it - A lovely girl I bet the thread went wild!!

Right I'm so surprised to be back I'm a little disorientated and don't know quite what to do. Bck to page 135 I think!!

Many thanks to Astro for all the help trying to get me back on the thread!!

I think the real answer is a new pc and IE6!!

Comment

Oh and while I can

Hello to my lurking MTB buddy - get back to work! Fix some phones! Have you no shame!!
      You're hooked aren't you!
      You know what you're gonna get when we arrive back from our next MTB jaunt. A nice steady supply of SG1 along with an endless supply of caffeine....Oh I know how to get the guys begging for more..... to bad it is for more Sam!!!
      Thanks for cutting, pasting and emailing those posts for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        I'm back! I'm back....I'M BACK!!!!! OH THANKS GOODNESS, STARTS TO HYPERVENTILATE. INEED MY FIX, I NEED MY FIX. JUMPS UP AND DOWN JUMPS UP AND DOWN SLOWLY COMES TO HER SENSES, STOPS JUMPING UP AND DOWN REALISING THERE ARE 73 PAGES - YES 73 TO CATCH UP WITH - REACHES FOR THE DRINKS CABINET.......OI! JESTER WHERE'S ALL THE BOOZE GONE!!!!! SO I GOT LEFT WITH DIRTY DICK EH!!!

Well its been a long and painful haul, but I've just installed a new browser - firefox to be exact. Whilst the captures come up very poor quality and take about 4 times as long to load at least I'm here. It will take me forever to catch up though

Hope everyones fine.

How about it - A lovely girl I bet the thread went wild!!

Right I'm so surprised to be back I'm a little disorientated and don't know quite what to do. Bck to page 135 I think!!

Many thanks to Astro for all the help trying to get me back on the thread!!

I think the real answer is a new pc and IE6!!
        Dearest Comrade

You are hyperventilating! Calm yourself with a swig of the Dirty Dick and then breathe deeply ....

At least you have managed to arrive back in Samanda in one piece; I, on the other hand, have struggled all morning to produce the latest edition of Oh Yea What Say Times in your honour no less and sacrificed my morning toilette.

Alas, my late arrival at the workplace with windblown hair and last night's makeup did not go unnoticed. There was whispering of my wild night and my colleagues are giving me some space ... Holy Hannah ... the sacrifices we make for our friends! And here you are ... back in town ... eager to tackle the thread while I am plumb tuckered out and looking like a wet goose!

Of course, I am happy to see your return, and trust you to further enliven our surroundings soon. In the meantime, I will drag my beaten body to the Royal Spa and ask for Murray's cousin as my massage therapist. They are such a talented family.

Yours, Jester

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Good Citizens of Samanda

We all know that our dear Royal Accountant (aka Coley) has been having great difficulty in returning to the kingdom because of a malfunctioning communication device. She has managed to forward a poem about her predicament and I shall post it here.

I wonder if they'll miss me
          I wonder if they care
          I wonder if the land is bankrupt
          Because I cannot be there

I wonder if our President
          Is back safely from afar
          I wonder if the capture kids *
          Are still raising up that bar

I wonder if the Jester
          Is still merry without me
          I wonder if our learners **
          are swotting studiously ***

I wonder how they're celebrating
          Astro's winning pair ****
          I wonder what topics
          Are currently on air

I wander lonely as a cloud
          Oops, that's another ditty
          But, indeed, I do ....

So, to all of you
          I hope you're taking pity!!

* the capture kids are AstroG, Forever, and Uber for all their amazing screen and audio clips/captures
          ** the learners are deepspace and Agent Dark
          *** swotting = studying
          **** winning pair refers to Astro's recent Samfic awards

I think I can speak for all Samandans when I say that not having our Royal Accountant in the kingdom lessens the glow! Her wit and wisdom are sorely missed.

I hereby nominate her poem for the prestigious Bean Arts Award. Considering my recent penchant for naming the wrong colour, I will allow Madam President to make the correct selection of bean for our Royal Bean Counter!

Let us hope that the purchase of a new communication device will soon bring her back into the fold.

Collegially,

Jester
          Wonderful, wonderful poem! And once again, I am absolutely impressed by the literary abilities that you folks possess (I've never written a poem in my life!). So here's to Coley, ChopinGal, ForeverSG-1, TokraHostess and anyone else who has posted a special poem for us here in the SaGC!
          *Royal* Blue Jello All Around!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            Oh and while I can

Hello to my lurking MTB buddy - get back to work! Fix some phones! Have you no shame!!
            You're hooked aren't you!
            You know what you're gonna get when we arrive back from our next MTB jaunt. A nice steady supply of SG1 along with an endless supply of caffeine....Oh I know how to get the guys begging for more..... too bad it is for more Sam!!!
            Methinks she is back ... oh yes, the lady is back! I can feel the Samandan ground shaking under my feet ...

And that lurker friend in the trench coat ... we look forward to indoctrinating you shortly after you have watched at least one full season of our beloved SG1!

Decaffeinated Jester

Comment

Great screencaps and dialogue excerpts, Kat! These were some of my favorite Sam scenes from Learning Curve... and they are some of my favorite Sam scenes from the entire series.

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

O'NEILL: Okay, fun is. What you do to make yourself happy. Like music, games. It's whatever you do when you're not learning to be a rocket scientist.
              MERRIN: I'm here to teach Major Carter about the reactor.
              CARTER: Sounds like fun to me!
              *Great* Sam line!
              CARTER: Okay, that's the converter, right?
              MERRIN: The heating element.
              CARTER: What? W...When did we talk about the heating element?
              MERRIN: In the very beginning when I described the fodinaire.

CARTER: Oh man. It can't be this hard.
              MERRIN: I will begin again.
              CARTER: No, wait. Let's try this a different way. How about we break everything down into its most basic components? Let's start with the reactor casing. What's it made of?
              MERRIN: The fodinaire attaches..
              CARTER: No. I'm sorry Merrin. We'll get to that in a minute. Right now, I just need to know what materials make up the reactor casing. It'll have to block radiation so we'll make it lead lined. See? This is easy. And the casing material would have to measure..
              I just loved getting to see Sam working science stuff out!

MERRIN: What is that?
              CARTER: It's a picture of me.
              Merrin looks down. It's a stick figure with a bit of hair.
              CARTER: Well, I know it doesn't exactly look like me, but it's just a basic representation. See, that's all I need from you- just a basic representation of the reactor's core.
              And Sam's stick figure of herself makes me smile and chuckle every time I see this scene -- just absolute wonderful that this amazing woman draws with stick figures! And that she's OK with it - she's not trying to be Rembrant.

CARTER: Come on! Why, why, why aren't you working?
              Again - I just love seeing Sam work out the science stuff! I can just about see the wheels turning in her head.

CARTER: Almost. Once I ran a computer simulation based on your sketches, I thought I could adapt the design to my materials. But the current is being diverted before it reaches the core. I think the shielding might be diverting power.
              MERRIN: Major Carter..
              CARTER: Unless.. Hey, hey, hey! The trinium is absorbing the current.
              MERRIN: Correct. All.
              CARTER: Wait! Sorry, let me. Okay, by reversing the polarity..
              She flicks a switch and it lights up.
              CARTER: That's it! We're in business!
              MERRIN: Why wouldn't you let me give you the solution?
              CARTER: What would have been the fun in that?
              MERRIN: Fun?
              CARTER: Well yeah. Figuring something out on my own, especially if it's been eluding me a while. It's far more satisfying than having the answer given to me.
              MERRIN: But not as efficient.

I really like this last scene. Sam's face just lights up when she realizes what she needs to do to get the generator running on her own and Merrin just can't seem to understand why Sam would go through so much trouble.
              And this was another of the wonderful scenes in this episode. Sam's utter delight at figuring something out for herself... for understanding something new in her field... The interaction between Sam and Merrin is wonderful as Sam figures out how the reactor works and then explains to Merrin how rewarding it is to figure something out for yourself. This scene interwove Sam's interaction with the young Merrin and Sam's own child-like sparkle and delight when solving mental challenges on the frontiers of science... interpolating between ideas and then extrapolating beyond them. I couldn't help but smile delightedly throughout these scenes with Sam and Merrin. So much fun and so well done!

Kat, thanks so much for posting these pics and dialogue excerpts - these are some my all-time favorite Sam scenes!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                There are so many great pictures of Carter it is hard to pick one. But I love to see the action side of Carter like in these shots

and then the great lens flare from the camera that was caught in this picture

*Great* Sam pics, tsaxlady! And welcome to the SaGC! Please post more of your favorite Sam pics for us

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Okay - after giving it a great deal of thought, this has to be my very favorite shot of Carter...

Behold the FOOTHOLD idiot scene! It was when we got to really see how much moxy she has...

I agree with you Über, this is one of Sam's shining moments - and AT's too! Great adlib - it made the scene! Go Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Oh Yea We Say Times News Flash Hot off the Royal Press!

Informants have discovered a listing of the Royal Accountant's Liquor Cabinet which reveals the exotic brews sitting on the royal Samandan shelf. In an exclusive expose, we now bring you the tale of the ale ...
                    Behind the Bar

Golden Glory - in honour of the Queen, an award-winning premium ale, well balanced ... with a delicate floral aroma, refreshing, charismatic and absolutely glorious.

Dirty Dick - hmmm, we all know who the "Richard" in the Queen's life is ... a cheeky ale which could easily tempt you into bad habits!

Daniel's Hammer - a strong beer, has a well balanced hop character with a slightly dry aroma.

Goliath - delivers a powerful and challenging brew, full bodied and big on character. Are you brave enough to take on the towering might that is Goliath?

Circlemaster - conducts a melody of refreshing citrus and delightful malt flavour, rounded off with a spicy bittersweet finish.

Darest I say that I find myself humming the Stargate theme? And the list goes on:

Angel - in honour of the new Princess, an organic lager brewed to exacting standards.

Dark Lord - dark, delicious and delectable ... brewed to commemorate a courageous soldier who inspired his men with his never-say-die attitude. Sounds strangely like Dark Agent ....

White Shield - bottled live ale that matures with age ... carried by Dark Agent?!

Old Hooky and Black Sheep - strong ales of individual character ... for those absent posters and lurkers extraordinaires.

Old Speckled Hen - an ale of real character, finely balanced and named after an unusual speckled vintage car. We Samandans, however, know the truth: it was named after an unusual speckled bean found only in our fair kingdom! The Royal Hens have other assignations below ...

Old Fart - conceived in celebration of all the cantankerous old boozers who make life a misery. We all know one (or two or three), so let's drink to them.

Old Leg Over - uses only the finest local ingredients, slightly reminiscent of the three Royal Hens at the Gala event ....

Knocker Up - of supreme character with exotic ebony texture ... I refrain, whatsoever, from expounding upon this description ... use your own royal imaginations!

Old Peculiar - the original seal of the peculiar court of Marsham which allowed the local church to levy fines for a range of misdemeanours ... the Samandan Royal Court ? I shall have to research this with the Vicar.

Old Faithful - brewed to commemorate a dog who was found guarding his master's body, four weeks after his owner had fallen off a mountain. However, the term "old faithful" certainly lends itself to the loyal citizens of Samanda who continue to post at this thread!

Tribute - a fine, smooth ale that honours Madam Vice-President for starting this thread.

Kamikaze - a dangerously drinkable strong beer in honour of the Keeper's "Come Fly With Me".

Bitter and Twisted - the Royal Accountant, after being offline for three weeks and, with time on her hands, transcribing labels from bottles of beer!

Winter Warmer - an award-winning ale to chase away the winter blues ... can give your system a hearty boost! Just what the Royal Accountant has done for all of us by providing these very real descriptions of the ale found in her local supermarket.

Summer Lightning and Spring Breeze - behind the bar in celebration and anticipation of the forthcoming S9 season!

We hope you have enjoyed reading this latest scoop and discovering how closely these fine beers seem to describe our Stargate experience.

Cheers,

Royal Accountant/Editor and Court Jester
                    ROTFLMAO! WOW! Coley and Chopingal, erm, sorry, The Royal Accountant and The Royal Jester have outdone themselves again! This was witty and hilarious! And... I am now a bit worried about Agent Dark.. who earlier in the thread made mention of availing himself of the Royal Accountant's liquor cabinet... at the time, I wasn't worried, as I was only picturing a few bottles of sloe gin in the cupboard... but now... hmmm... perhaps we shall have to buy a lock for the Royal Liquor cabinet...

Comment

Well as the Royal Nanny I found myself surfing the net this morning looking at all kinds of wonderful baby things. I came across a baby wall hanging that I thought was really cute so I decided to tweak it a bit for our royal heir.
                      Great photoshopping, Kat! What did the original image look like?

Comment

My Funny Jester, Dearest friend, partner in all thinks wicked
                        I humbly thank you for all your support over a very painful 3 weeks. Your counselling has kept me just on the right side of sane (or is it the left) and your efforts to post a little essence of me on the thread so I won't be forgotton will forever remain in a small place in my gut, err sorry heart!!
                        I'm sure you looked just fine and dandy in your natural state, maybe the whisperering was more favourable than you think?
                        Oh and the 21 bottles that you half inched, err sorry alleiveated me of is just small beer (ahem) compared to the long hours of toil you endured thismorning on my behalf.
                        My thanks is unending - too bad my beer supply isn't!!
                        Yours now in no debt whatsoever!
                        The Royal Accountant.

Seriously your a star ChopinGal!!!!!!!

Comment

I can't seem to decide on my favorite Sam photo so I decided to play around with an AT photo instead.

Calla

Kat

Comment

Oh by the way
                            All the beers quoted are honest to God real ale brands and the extract are from the brewers own descriptions.
                            My favourite so far is Dark Lord - very satisfying!

Comment

Ahhhh ForeverSG1

Just love the Olivia banner you have just put up!!!!

Comment

Well so to bed!!!

I'm now up to page 139 - great progress eh!!

Discussions of Blue Feather and what Sam will be up to in season 9 - Oh and a bit about bulletproofing. All interesting stuff!!

So glad to be back!

Comment

Working...
                                X