No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

of course, you know, it's not the fall that gets ya, it's that sudden stop at the bottom
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
      If anyone wants, I have the full Amanda Behind the Gate Special, which I can make avaliable to any who want it
      Hehe, the Region4 Season7 DVD has the full interview on it, plus her directors special. Never again am I going for the Region1 DVD's

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Hmm, I know this may sound weird but are most of our regular posters female? With AD representing our male contingents? I know we have some lurkers out there as well who keep popping in. Just thought I'd ask because I found myself wanting to respond to an earlier post with 'Yes, Ma'am' but thought I better make sure before I assumed and embarrassed myself.
      I believe so...maybe some of the new posters are guys - come on don't leave me hanging here!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        I'm going to guess that
        Spoiler:
        Rodney McKay is somewhere in the room with her?
        Nope no McKay in this episode, but good guess!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          I believe so...maybe some of the new posters are guys - come on don't leave me hanging here!
          Well I think that I'm fairly representative of the other gals on here (I hope I'm not being presumptuous by saying that...) and the reason I am such a huge fan of hers is because I see in her a lot of what I'd LIKE to see in myself.

I admire her strength, her character, her resolve. I can also relate to the fact that she has feelings for a man out of her reach (I can SO relate here).

I'm sure a lot of the guys who post here have crushes on her too. I guess so do I...in a non-romantic way, of course. I look up to her and hope that one day, when I'm faced with a tough decision (like whether or not to travel back in time to retrieve a ZPM [which just happened to me the other day btw]) I too will demonstrate the same strength of character and tenacity of spirit.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            Guess the episode or add a caption:
            http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...&stc=1&thumb=1
            Spoiler:
            URGO

Caption: Man I could really go for a double tall latte right now. Where's Daniel when you really need him?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Well I think that I'm fairly representative of the other gals on here (I hope I'm not being presumptuous by saying that...) and the reason I am such a huge fan of hers is because I see in her a lot of what I'd LIKE to see in myself.

I can agree with you there

even if role model sounds cheesy, i think sam is a good, well role model, in that she's her. she doesn't trade on her looks, or her friends.

she's smart adn funny and confident

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                of course, you know, it's not the fall that gets ya, it's that sudden stop at the bottom
                And am I imagining things, or does she fall into the wormhole feet-first and then come flying out head-first?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                  This is slightly OT from the hair style discussion, but...

Where is Sam?

I think it was a medium hair length at this point.

Great photoshopping, Samfan!

Comment

Guess that episode
                    Added Bonus: What was she discussing to cause this look on her face?

Try adding a caption as well.
                    Caption:
                    Sam: I go away for a few weeks and when I come back... you expect me to believe that Oreos are the galaxy's newest threat?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Here's another Sam moment from Season 8. We get the best of two worlds with this screen capture:

Nice Hair and Blue Jello.

Great pic, Uber!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        And am I imagining things, or does she fall into the wormhole feet-first and then come flying out head-first?
                        now that you mention it, she did do a flip in the wormhole

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          now that you mention it, she did do a flip in the wormhole
                          My guess is that, since we don't see her go through the stargate, she started to curl into a jack knife before she hit the event horizon (kind of like a diver)...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            Guess the episode or add a caption:
                            Caption:
                            Sam: Daniel's sick. Teal'c's offworld visiting Ry'ac. It's January in Colorado and it's snowing... so no riding the motorcycle this weekend.... Sigh... I wonder if I could wrangle a little trip out to the Alpha Site to fly an X-302?

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              Back to "THE scene" from 2001, the one that we all seem to love. Here's what Sam might have been thinking as she hung over the gate.

Ok, gravity is about the same here as on earth, and we exit the wormhole at the same speed as we enter. I’m about 10 feet above the gate, so 10 = 16 times t squared means it’ll take about ¾ of a second before I hit the wormhole. Then 32 times ¾ is 24 feet per second. Hmm, wonder what that is in miles per hour? Oh forget it, it’s going to hurt, no matter what units I’m using!

NC
                              ROTFLMAO! - Good one, NC!

Comment

Guess that episode
                                Added Bonus: What was she discussing to cause this look on her face?

Try adding a caption as well.
                                Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                I'm going to guess that
                                Spoiler:
                                Rodney McKay is somewhere in the room with her?
                                Nope no McKay in this episode, but good guess!!
                                Hmmm...
                                Spoiler:
                                Chain Reaction?

Comment

Working...
                                X