Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEAR YE, HEAR YE

TO CELEBRATE THE 200TH PAGE, AND THE 4000TH POST OF SAMANDA, I HEREBY AWARD TO ASTROGEOLOGIST

THE PURPLE BEAN

FOR POST 4000!!!!

And to all other members of Samanda I award

THE SPECKLED BEAN

So we can all randomely spread our love and peace throughout the land!!!

Madam President
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
      THE SPECKLED BEAN

So we can all randomely spread our love and peace throughout the land!!!
      And suddenly I was curious... is the speckled bean 'tutti fruiti'?
      http://www.jellybelly.de/Grafiken/MENUEKARTE.jpg

hmmm...and the purple bean looks like 'inselpunsch' ...guess I need the jelly belly key in English...

...and then a little investigating revealed that 'inselpunsch' is 'Island Punch' (d'oh)... Jelly Bean Flavors
      Last edited by astrogeologist; 05 April 2005, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        And suddenly I was curious... is the speckled bean 'tutti fruiti'?
        http://www.jellybelly.de/Grafiken/MENUEKARTE.jpg

hmmm...and the purple bean looks like 'inselpunsch' ...guess I need the jelly belly key in English...
        HAH!!!

"Inselpunsch"

All throughout my grade 6 year I had a massive Jelly Belly key on the board in front of my desk... lol, ah, those were the days... *sigh*

http://jellybelly.com/Cultures/en-US...50+Flavors.htm !!!!

Oh, wait a sec, you edited your post first!! BAH!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
          HAH!!!

"Inselpunsch"

All throughout my grade 6 year I had a massive Jelly Belly key on the board in front of my desk... lol, ah, those were the days... *sigh*

http://jellybelly.com/Cultures/en-US...50+Flavors.htm !!!!

Oh, wait a sec, you edited your post first!! BAH!
          LOL - what is they say about brilliant minds thinking alike?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Hello Everyone...

I'm not sure what's going on but I'm still having issues with Gateworld.
            Hopefully this will go through. It's a Sam collage I did this past weekend.
            I think I've only been able to get one post through in the past four days.
            If this doesn't work I'll try back tomorrow.

Heaven

I hope you are all doing well. I've seriously missed all the fun and chatting with everyone!!

Kat
            Cool!

Comment

LOL - what is they say about brilliant minds thinking alike?

*sigh* aaah, so true, so true

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

And here's hoping that Sam gets to lead more than *one* full mission. That way she can have one to struggle with (and pull it off successfully), but I'd also like to see her in command throughout an episode - and not have that questioned, nor have her command even be an issue (she's the commander that just happens to be a woman, similar to how she used to be a member of the team). I'd like to see some episodes where she's the commander and there are other issues besides the issue of 'can the woman command.' Which doesn't mean that there shouldn't be issues for her to deal with or difficult challenges to face. Does that make sense?
                Yes, I'd favor a scenario where her decisions are not questioned, but it's just that it's a challenging mission. Jack's missions always went to H*** but that didn't mean we questioned his ability. We've seen (in a small way)that Teal'c and Daniel trust her, now let's see a real mission. In command Sam!
                Last edited by jckfan55; 05 April 2005, 04:22 PM. Reason: word order

Comment

[QUOTE=ChopinGal][QUOTE=chocdoc]
                  Originally posted by binkpmmc

This is a test ... to see if the post will actually go through and not get lost in cyberspace!

You know, we've tossed the whole "what's with Carter in S9?" thing around so much, but did we ever consider her being "far, far away" on a mission with Thor? The little guy just loves Sam (even AT acknowledges he couldn't keep his hands off her bum) ... so maybe, now that the Replicators have folded (or have they really?!) ... well, maybe Carter is collaborating with Thor on some ingenious astrophysical breakthrough ... beamed away by the little gray men just as she was reeling in that one big fish in Jack's pond! Ha! Picture that!
                  Well those of us on the Sam/Thor ship thread *know* she's with Thor.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                    I hate these police lineups. They always pick the short one.
                    LOL Love it! Also made me think of "the usual suspects".

Comment

[QUOTE=jckfan55][QUOTE=ChopinGal]
                      Originally posted by chocdoc
                      And Baal too?! So many aliens, so little time ....

Comment

[QUOTE=ChopinGal][QUOTE=jckfan55]
                        Originally posted by ChopinGal

And Baal too?! So many aliens, so little time ....
                        Jckfan puts fingers in ears. La, la, la.. I'm not listening!

Comment

WOW! The SaGC Thread just passed 200 pages and 4000 posts!!

To all who have posted and participated at the SaGC

Congratulations - and thanks all around - and kudos to everyone
                          for creating such a great place to come and discuss
                          the wonderful character of Sam Carter
                          the spectacular actress that is Amanda Tapping
                          and the great show that is Stargate.
                          Photo is from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html
                          What a jolly good show!

Let us all raid the Royal Liquor Cabinet whilst Royal Accountant is absent. Poor Bean Counter is trying hard to bring her communication device back online but, in the meantime, I have the official listing of the royal ale stored away in the cabinet and shall be sharing that with all of you within the next day or two.

Royal Accountant has selected some very fine labels and you will not want to miss the selection. The Court Jester must attend to some pressing paperwork this evening, however, lest her students revolt tomorrow evening and tar and feather her. Duty calls, and then, the liquor cabinet.

For now, though, let us raise a toast to the citizens of Samanda and to our beloved Queen and the new Princess!

"We are all only fragile threads, but what a tapestry we make." Jerry Ellis

Cheers!

Jester

Comment

[QUOTE=jckfan55][QUOTE=ChopinGal]
                            Originally posted by chocdoc
                            The more I think about the whole Ba'al/Sam and Thor/Sam thing, I just have to say for the record that both concepts are really disturbing on oh, so many levels...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Why sure thing...working on the conclusion as we speak ... too bad RL keeps getting in the way! (Curse you RL!!!)

Hmm. I guess in order a story to be nominated for anything, it has to actually be DONE, right? Blast.

Oh, well. Maybe next year.

PS - I really would love you're all's feedback (that includes you Agent Dark!!!)
                              Be sure to post it as a review on fanfiction.net...

Mary Beth
                              Definitely a contender for next year! It's a great and clever read and I just love how you've blended both realities! Off to give you an official review!

Don't leave us hanging too long ... very suspenseful!

Comment

Thanks to the forum problems, I'm hopelessly behind ... but I'll try to catch some of the balls thrown my way. MajorSam says:
                                "Have you never read a shippy fan fic!?" But then realized you said "in a post". Lol, I admit, i've never either... Well, someone had to do it!
                                Although I can imagine our new member Samslave bringing something along those lines up
                                In the words of Amanda herself, "Only Sam/Janet stories!"
                                Lol, what did you think of some of her outfits in Chimera!?
                                If she'd been wearing them for anybody besides {Retch!} Pete, I'd have loved them.
                                I remember reading that JM said that Sam wouldn't use the healing device again because of what happened when she tried it on Daniel in Meridian.
                                That's a lousy excuse & bad storytelling. Sam was well on her way to mastery of the ribbon & healing devices in S3, a development that should have been pursued. The backsliding in "Meridian" seemed to occur only so they'd have an excuse to write Jacob into the show. I've nothing against Jacob but it ticks me off everytime they undercut Carter like that. I guess Sam's latent Goa'uld abilities were conveniently forgotten from then on.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Carterslave; 05 April 2005, 05:29 PM.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Working...
                                X