Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc
    Woohoo!! Congrats as well to AstroG. These are two great fanfics. Also read the new ones by Skydiver (while GW was down---thanks for the treat) and the one by UberSG-1Fan, which was also fantastic. All of you write Sam so well---as a loyal, committed Sam fan, I thank you!!

Congratz, Astro!!!

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I can't rep you, NC, so I wanted to say WELL DONE!

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Excerpt from Moebius Part 2:
        SGC. LEVEL 22. Alt-Daniel and Alt-Sam are following General Hammond along a corridor.
        AU DANIEL: Look, the only reason you have the Stargate is cos of us!
        AU HAMMOND: I’m aware of that.
        AU DANIEL: I’m a linguist! By all accounts, your team may need one.
        AU CARTER: And what if something goes wrong with the Gate on the other end?
        AU HAMMOND: Neither of you have had any military training whatsoever. Have either one of you ever even fired a weapon of any kind?
        CARTER: Well ... unless you count launching a rocket.

LOL!
        And here's the audio: Click here to play

And another for MajorSam about Sam's cooking abilities:
        Click here to play

NC

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

<snip>

And, also thanks to whoever first posted the S8 end-of-season transcript where AT discusses her desire to have "Lt. Colonel Sam Carter" using more of her leadership skills and "planning missions" in S9. It just seemed that she was echoing what we want for her also. I hope TPTB take her wishes seriously.
          What I'd like to see is Sam having control of a mission that's not going good. This could/would show that she's capable of making those hard decisions. I want the mission to be a success, but I'd love to see the struggle to make it so. I hope now that Amanda's had her DAUGHTER *squee*, the writers will start planning Sam's future.

On a side note, I asked Joe Mallozzi if they were already writing for Sam, or were they waiting until Amanda confirmed that she was coming back at the designated time. I haven't gotten an answer, but Joe's not been on for a while I think. Oh, and he doesn't seem to want to give anything really away for Sam, so .

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Here's something for a little fun...
            Guess The Episode

...or make up your own episode title...
            ...or make up your own caption...
            Photos are from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html
            Jacob (to Jack): "A dowry, huh? Well, how about two Tok'ra secret weapons and an autographed photo of John Glenn from my personal collection?"

Sam: "Oh, Dad, that's so old fashioned ... really! I feel like I'm back with Turghan and his boys. Let me settle this with Jack myself ... arm wrestling."

Comment

I'm with NC - 'More Please'! Great story, Über - lots of Sam-whumping and lots of scifi. Love how your are incorporating so much of the previous 8 years into your story! Erm... More Please!
              Why sure thing...working on the conclusion as we speak ... too bad RL keeps getting in the way! (Curse you RL!!!)

Hmm. I guess in order a story to be nominated for anything, it has to actually be DONE, right? Blast.

Oh, well. Maybe next year.

PS - I really would love you're all's feedback (that includes you Agent Dark!!!)
              Be sure to post it as a review on fanfiction.net...

Mary Beth

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Now...for this pic, I took something out (something that I thought made the pic too easy to match to it's episode)... and yet, I have a feeling that many of you will be able to easily identify the episode anyway... So here's the *real* challenge: What did I edit out of the picture?

Guess The Episode

... or create your own episode title...
                ... or create a caption for the pic...
                Photo from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  What I'd like to see is Sam having control of a mission that's not going good. This could/would show that she's capable of making those hard decisions. I want the mission to be a success, but I'd love to see the struggle to make it so.
                  And here's hoping that Sam gets to lead more than *one* full mission. That way she can have one to struggle with (and pull it off successfully), but I'd also like to see her in command throughout an episode - and not have that questioned, nor have her command even be an issue (she's the commander that just happens to be a woman, similar to how she used to be a member of the team). I'd like to see some episodes where she's the commander and there are other issues besides the issue of 'can the woman command.' Which doesn't mean that there shouldn't be issues for her to deal with or difficult challenges to face. Does that make sense?
                  Last edited by astrogeologist; 04 April 2005, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Guess The Episode

...or make up your own episode title...
                    ...or make up your own caption...
                    Spoiler:
                    Reckoning II

Jacob: I'm sorry Jack...you can ask until you are blue in the face, but it's never going to happen.
                    Jack: Ya know Jacob...it's times like these when I can tell where Carter gets her stubbornness.
                    Jacob: What can I say...at least she was lucky enough to get her mother's eyes and intelligence.
                    Correct, Kat! And thanks for the dialogue excerpt!

Comment

Now...for this pic, I took something out (something that I thought made the pic too easy to match to it's episode)... and yet, I have a feeling that many of you will be able to easily identify the episode anyway... So here's the *real* challenge: What did I edit out of the picture?

Guess The Episode

Spoiler:
                      ICON?

Sam: Oh, crap! I forgot to TiVo "The Simpsons," "The Apprentice," AND "Desperate Housewives." The guys are gonna kill me.

Comment

And here's hoping that Sam gets to lead more than *one* full mission. That way she can have one to struggle with (and pull it off successfully), but I'd also like to see her in command throughout an episode - and not have that questioned, nor have her command even be an issue (she's the commander that just happens to be a woman, similar to how she used to be a member of the team). I'd like to see some episodes where she's commander and there are other issues besides the issue of 'can the woman command.' Which doesn't mean that there shouldn't be issues for her to deal with or difficult challenges to face. Does that make sense?
                        It makes perfect sense.

When I said what I wanted to see with Sam commanding, I was referring to 'one' of her missions, not that one being the only one. (better not be)

I can picture something like what happened in Death Knell, where it was something that was out of Sam's hands on how the initial event went/was going down. But what I want to see is her brains, experience, integrity, and strength being something that leads the mission and the ppl under her to survive. I know Teal'c and Daniel would follow Sam, so I want to see other Sg teams following her orders and being in awe of her by the end. I could see a scene for Sam like what happened with Jack in S8's Zero Hour, where
                        Spoiler:
                        Sg members gathered together in the gate room to support Jack in any way need be. They respected him beyond belief, and I'd love to see a moment like that for Sam. I think that would chase away any doubts for her concerning her commanding abilities.

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

PS - I really would love you're all's feedback (that includes you Agent Dark!!!)
                          Be sure to post it as a review on fanfiction.net...

Mary Beth
                          Haha I actually havn't had a chance to read it yet, but as soon as I get some time I will!

Comment

It makes perfect sense.

When I said what I wanted to see with Sam commanding, I was referring to 'one' of her missions, not that one being the only one. (better not be)

I can picture something like what happened in Death Knell, where it was something that was out of Sam's hands on how the initial event went/was going down. But what I want to see is her brains, experience, integrity, and strength being something that leads the mission and the ppl under her to survive. I know Teal'c and Daniel would follow Sam, so I want to see other Sg teams following her orders and being in awe of her by the end. I could see a scene for Sam like what happened with Jack in S8's Zero Hour, where
                            Spoiler:
                            Sg members gathered together in the gate room to support Jack in any way need be. They respected him beyond belief, and I'd love to see a moment like that for Sam. I think that would chase away any doubts for her concerning her commanding abilities.

Sally
                            I'm hoping the writers have more respect for Sam (you know, heh, the character that's been growing for the past 8 years) and Amanda (again, you know, the actor they've worked with for the past 8 years). They've IMPLIED that Sam is well-liked, but other than that, there has been relatively little relation between her and the other subordinate officers. Hopefully that will be addressed before the first half of the season is over, eh?

EDIT: This is my 666th post... I need to move on or something...
                            Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 04 April 2005, 11:57 PM. Reason: It's the Mark of the FREAKIN' Beast!

Comment

It makes perfect sense.

Spoiler:

Sally
                              You know, I never really thought of it, but we really haven't had much evidence by way of showing how much Sam is loved and respected by those she works with. Sure, Jack has called her a national treasure (remember that quip in Point of View when he mentioned something about the IQ of the planet going up a few notches with 2 Carters? ) And you KNOW she's respected because she's been acknowledged with promotions...and also I think Daniel referred to her as a "highly decorated" Air Force officer in End Game.

But that really isn't enough for me.

I'd like to see a scenario where Sam makes a decision that goes against what everyone else thinks is right - maybe something offworld in a dangerous scenario and the others back her just because it's her - because they honor and respect her.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Guess The Episode

Spoiler:
                                ICON

And you took out the
                                Spoiler:
                                sandbags stacked up behind them

Comment

Working...
                                X