No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let's see if this one works. i've been trying to post since last night and always get 'server too busy'

ahem, anyway, i'm gonna leave the s8 poll up for a day or three, until things level out with the server

if we want to do the poll with the top 3 of each season, astro, can you please send me the list of eps to have in the poll? i've only kept track of the winners

umm, that's all for now. i've typed this out so many times i want to see if i can post it before the server goes whacky again
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      That was great reading, Jckfan! Thanks for posting the link!
      You're welcome. Glad it wasn't one everyone had seen.
      These were a few of my favorite bits:

-----

AT: So when I got the Indian motorcycle for that one scene with the classic bike - and they originally had me digging in my garden... they said 'we need to see Sam doing something (a bit hard to understand) that's her own thing so we thought we'd have you digging in your garden. I said 'this woman spends half her time off-world, she doesn't have garden. She has, like, one dead basil plant in her kitchen window, and that's it. So I said 'can't she do something cool like fix a bike?' And they were like 'oh, okay'. And I said 'a classic bike'. And the props guys were like 'well, oh, I don't know'. And I said 'a classic Harley or Indian, that would be cool!' And they found this 1940 classic Indian motorcycle, so that's where it started. But I wasn't allowed to sit on it.

-------------

--------
      I loved the crack about the dead basil plant. I can picture that!

Comment

[QUOTE=binkpmmc][QUOTE=majorsal]
        Originally posted by chocdoc

As for no news or spoilers about Carter - that is the intention of TPTB - they need, and probably desperately want, to keep the Carter fans and with the almost total lack of O'Neill in later eps (so we hear) there will be little to no VISIBLE J/S interaction so they have to have something to rope in the old, loyal fans. If my instincts are somewhat accurate, a lot of the J/S shippers are also Carter and O'Neill fans separate and apart from the ship and I think for many BB1, BB2, CB, LG, LD won't cut it so they need to keep the "old" fans hooked and without the continuous presence of O'Neill throughout the season keeping Carter's whereabouts and how they intend to bring her back and whether they intend to give her command of SG1.

BTW, Mallozzi says on the Ask JM thread that BB1 gets command of SG1 at the beginning because Carter is not available - they did not "CHOOSE" (JMs capitalization). I hope this is a veiled nugget to say that when Carter returns to rejoin the team that they give commnad back to her since they did not "choose" to take it away in the first place but they need to have a commander in her absence and when she returns they CHOOSE to give it back. If they do not then TPTB will have proven to me that they are indeed weak-willed and spineless and just do not get it. I also have to hope that they will give Carter command of SG1 because of the risk they run of alientating the "old" fanbase even further and losing a chunk of them - it is clear from comments, from JM vists to the forum, from Citizen Joe and from comments Carter made in Reckoning, that they do indeed follow what is said on the forum and they sometimes heed what they hear (sometimes they don't, or can't, and sometimes it takes time to get the results (like the end of pete -- too bad it did not end well for Carter though, IMO) but at least we know they listen and sometimes hear and I hope they hear the rallying cry for Carter in charge.
        I think this may be somewhat true, binkpmmc. They probably do not want to give too much away concerning Carter because they know that many fans will watch season 9 to see what happens to her and, for other fans, to see what happens to her and O'Neill.

To be honest, I am only going to watch season 9 because Carter comes back.

I was also thinking that they are not saying too much because they are trying to sell the first five episodes in regard to the new characters. Right now, they want to get the fans excited about the changes at the beginning of the season and the new characters. Surprisingly, they haven't said too much about Teal'c either.

Here's hoping that we get more information about Carter in the next few weeks, now that we know that Amanda and baby are healthy and everything is going well. So now maybe the writers can go ahead with some storylines for Carter, knowing that AT will return to work, albeit perhaps on a limited basis at first in May, and then a bit more substantially in a few months. At least the producers seem to want to accomodate AT and Olivia at the studio, so that is good.

I do want to see Carter as the leader of SG1 when she returns, but most importantly I want to see Carter central to the scifi storylines in the show (which shouldn't be difficult to do, given she is the leading astrophysicist!!! in the show)!!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Wrong episode, right season...

Oh, and read Eclipse...it's a Sam story... (but you have to read Darker Side first to understand why she is where she is at the beginning...)

So read it! And let me know what you think...

By the way, that's an order.

I read it and I've only got 2 words: More Please!

NC

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
            OOH, and CONGRATS ASTROG for TWO awards in this year's Sam/Jack fan Fiction awards! For her BRILLIANT masterpieces Overtime (Fantastic Sam fic... you better all have read it!) and What Will it Take... and undertaking during the writing of which i'm sure she said many times "what will it take" !!! Boy was it worth it!!!

Again, CONGRATS ASTRO!!!!!!!! *sniff* our very own Samandan!! *holds up Sloe Gin salute*

YAY ASTRO!! Well deserved!!

NC

Comment

OOH, and CONGRATS ASTROG for TWO awards in this year's Sam/Jack fan Fiction awards! For her BRILLIANT masterpieces Overtime (Fantastic Sam fic... you better all have read it!) and What Will it Take... and undertaking during the writing of which i'm sure she said many times "what will it take" !!! Boy was it worth it!!!

Again, CONGRATS ASTRO!!!!!!!! *sniff* our very own Samandan!! *holds up Sloe Gin salute*

Woohoo!! Congrats as well to AstroG. These are two great fanfics. Also read the new ones by Skydiver (while GW was down---thanks for the treat) and the one by UberSG-1Fan, which was also fantastic. All of you write Sam so well---as a loyal, committed Sam fan, I thank you!!

Comment

Sounds and Pictures from Moebius Part 1

Dialogue

…Now, just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn’t ... God, that’s horrible! Who would ever say that?!

Dialogue
                I can’t believe I wasted my frequent flier miles on this.

And you thought you had bad hair days!

Blue jello reigns in any reality!

Dialogue

McKay: Now you – you I would listen to if you were reading the phonebook.
                Sam: Oh, brother!
                (when I first saw this, I could have sworn she muttered “pr**k”)
                McKay: You see, I love this whole sexy librarian thing. Look, why don’t I take you to lunch, get you up to speed. I hear it’s lemon chicken today – it’s my favourite, hmm?

Dialogue

Daniel: We’re waiting to see General Hammond.
                Davis: He’s busy. Why don’t you tell me – I’ll decide if it’s worth interrupting him.
                Sam: …That is where you’ll find your second Gate.
                Daniel: Worth it?

NC

Comment

Sounds and pictures from Moebius Part 2

Dialogue

Daniel: Wait a minute – I thought the reason why we brought the ship was so we didn’t have to walk.
                  Sam: We can’t just fly into an alien city. The mission is stealth recon, meaning undetected.
                  Jack: Meaning shut up!
                  Sam: Sorry.

Now, here’s Daniel showing Sam how not to be the hand signal person in charge

Dialogue

Sam: I don’t really like guns.
                  Jack: Neither do I. How do you feel about explosives?
                  Sam: Those I like a little better.

Dialogue

I wonder if the future me has a boyfriend?

Dialogue

Jack: It’s just a little weird hearin’ that kind of stuff come out of someone so ...
                  Sam: So what?
                  Jack: ... hot.
                  Sam: Really?
                  Jack: Yeah.
                  Sam: Wow. Um, it’s just you ... you’re not the kind of guy that I usually attract.
                  Jack: No?
                  Sam: No. Huh. God. Wow! This is kinda awkward.
                  Jack: Yeah, it’s gettin’ there.
                  Sam: I’m kind of attracted to ... Daniel.

Dialogue

I lied. I just wanted to get to know you better. You see, usually I’m a very cautious person and I tend to think things ...

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                    Sounds and pictures from Moebius Part 2

Now, here’s Daniel showing Sam how not to be the hand signal person in charge

Dialogue

Sam: I don’t really like guns.
                    Jack: Neither do I. How do you feel about explosives?
                    Sam: Those I like a little better.

NC
                    Great moments. The hand signal thing really cracked me up. I know in one of the early seasons they played on that a bit with Daniel. I don't remember the episode, but Jack signals to him & Daniel is like "What?" And they wind up mouthing this whole exchange.
                    Also that gun-explosive exchange. Wasn't there a line too something like "have you ever fired a weapon? --Sam: "Does a rocket count?" since she worked for aerospace she probably helped test fire rockets. I bet real Sam worked on rockets too before she joined the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      let's see if this one works. i've been trying to post since last night and always get 'server too busy'
                      Speaking of forum problems, is anyone else having trouble with the "find all posts by _____" capability? I have tried to search for all of my posts but keep getting the system message "search is disabled". I am wondering if this is a result of the move and a glitch they are trying to fix or if something got screwed up with my particular system - I sent an e-mail to GW but have not received a response yet so I figured I would ask . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                        Speaking of forum problems, is anyone else having trouble with the "find all posts by _____" capability? I have tried to search for all of my posts but keep getting the system message "search is disabled". I am wondering if this is a result of the move and a glitch they are trying to fix or if something got screwed up with my particular system - I sent an e-mail to GW but have not received a response yet so I figured I would ask . . . .
                        Yeah, they're having abit of trouble with the SQL database (which is why the forums keep going down) so it's probably the reason why they havn't enabled the search function yet.

Comment

there are a lot of bugs to work out, and that's probably one of them

all i can suggest is to be patient. we have a lot of data and traffic to move so it's not an easy task
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi all, just passing through here and seeing if
                            i can post alright as i keep getting server busy and to top that i'm having problems with my internet conections!

Really nice to be back though and thanks to Darren and staff for what must have been a real
                            headace moving the forum.
                            ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

ahem, anyway, i'm gonna leave the s8 poll up for a day or three, until things level out with the server

if we want to do the poll with the top 3 of each season, astro, can you please send me the list of eps to have in the poll? i've only kept track of the winners

umm, that's all for now. i've typed this out so many times i want to see if i can post it before the server goes whacky again
                              *Sigh* I know just how you feel Skydiver! I've been having the same issues with busy server all weekend. I guess I should be happy...with the forum down I've managed to spend quite a bit of time doing spring cleaning in my yard this weekend as well as read quite a bit of fan fiction. Hopefully I'll get a chance to catch up with things soon...still haven't had time to post my season eight summary... grumble grumble.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Oh, and read Eclipse...it's a Sam story... (but you have to read Darker Side first to understand why she is where she is at the beginning...)

So read it! And let me know what you think...

By the way, that's an order.

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                                I read it and I've only got 2 words: More Please!
                                I'm with NC - 'More Please'! Great story, Über - lots of Sam-whumping and lots of scifi. Love how your are incorporating so much of the previous 8 years into your story! Erm... More Please!

Originally posted by chocdoc

I'll guess Metamorphosis? Right before she gets knocked out by Nirrti?
                                Like her haircut in this pic too, Astro.
                                Wow! I am *impressed* chocdoc! Great photo ID!

Thanks, MajorSam! I was blown away when Quindolynn sent me an email telling me I'd won! Wow! All I can say is 'Thanks' to any and all who have read my fics and enjoyed them.... and then special thanks to those who nominated my stories and voted for them. I *love* to read scifi, and I was mightily impressed when I discovered all of the free fanfic available on the web... and after spending a month or so devouring every Sam-fic that I could find, I figured that I should see if I could contribute a little... Overtime, A Beautiful Mind, What Will It Take, Nine, etc., were what I came up with . Thanks again to all who read and/or write fanfic! It's been so much fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X