Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Season 8 Poll:
    Well, I voted for Covenant, Gemini and It's Good to be King.

Covenant: So much Sam in this episode! She had a nice thing going with Colson and plus she got to drive a really sweet sports car (though I have no idea what model, or even make it is...) AND she got fly an F-302
    Oh and Sam's now also been on National, and probably International, TV - She's famous now!

Gemini: Wow, Evil RepliCarter Sam. AT does *such* a good job at evil, its eerily good . The whole idea of the untapped, Dark Side of Sam is great and I wish they had of developed Sam's DarkSide a bit more (who knows, maybe in Season9. But then again, that's what FanFic is for )
    Great fun to see two Sam's on screen and playing off each other again. Plus we got to see RepliCarter kick some arse at the end

It's Good to be King: I voted for this because it was the first time we really got to see Carter in Command. Woohoo! She got to be snarky to Maybourne (Shes in charge now, that means she gets to do it ) and She got to work on a PuddleJumper! Was slightly dissapointed how Jack came in and stole her limelight, but oh well

And for the rest:
    New Order: Great Sam/Teal'c scene and mental Sam whumping And of course, a promotion to Lt.Col.
    Icon: Soldier Sam in command, kickin' arse as usual
    Avatar: Soldier Sam again. And she got to wield two P-90's at once Hooah!
    Endgame: Kickin more butt, this time with her hands tied behind her back lol. Go Sam!
    Reckoning: Working with Thor to fix the Replicator gun and then working with Ba'al to fix the Ancient Device. Some great Sam lines in there Oh, and RepliCarter's back too!
    Moebius: Geek!Sam made the episode
    Great comments, AgentDark! I have them all downloaded and archived properly into the growing Season 8 Summary file (along with NC's and Tara's). You three definitely deserve some well-earned blue-jello for such wonderful comments!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      B..B..Business only???? *ÜberSG-1Fan runs off whining and screaming in despair*

Naw, just kidding. It would have been COMPLETELY out of character for her to be married to Jack so quickly. Perhaps at the end of Season 22 after they actually have their first date...

I think the whole solely on business thing makes a lot of sense...
      Spoiler:
      my best guess is that she's probably going to be on the Daedalus to assist the Atlantis team... which I think should be pretty neat if I'm right.

Man, wouldn't McKay have a fit if he saw her??? Heaven only knows how much more he carries a torch for her after so long in the Pegasus galaxy (per Letters from Pegasus). I'm curious...what if Ford didn't remove any of Rodney's declaration of love for Sam? And what if she saw it??? I get a kick just thinking about the possibility of how she'd respond to Rodney's crush on her with him not knowing she saw his whole schpiel about his feelings for her.
      Shippy moment spoiler regarding Sam...please feel free to disregard.
      Spoiler:

Hmm, it really wouldn't be completely out of character if you think about it. She agreed to marry Pete only seven months after meeting him and wedding date was suppose to be some time around Threads which would have only been like 14-16mos from their first date.

From Threads until the first time we'll be able to see Sam will be nearly six months and they have an established eight year friendship already. Not that I expect her to come back from the hiatus married, but I think her marrying Jack after such a short period of time makes much more sense than Pete.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Shippy moment spoiler regarding Sam...please feel free to disregard.
        Spoiler:

Hmm, it really wouldn't be completely out of character if you think about it. She agreed to marry Pete only seven months after meeting him and wedding date was suppose to be some time around Threads which would have only been like 14-16mos from their first date.

From Threads until the first time we'll be able to see Sam will be nearly six months and they have an established eight year friendship already. Not that I expect her to come back from the hiatus married, but I think her marrying Jack after such a short period of time makes much more sense than Pete.

Kat
        There's a big diff b/w Jack and Pete though...

Response to Kat's compelling ship thoughts:

Spoiler:
        Pete was someone she was essentially using to get past her feelings for Jack...so she wanted to marry him so she could "move on" from something she perceived as never being able to have.

However, as was made clear in Threads, her feelings for Jack are real. He isn't a substitute for anybody.... I'd be more prone to believe that she'd want to continue to take it slow and steady. Just look at how long it took her to build up the courage to talk to Jack in the first place!!!

Plus, she really does love her job...so I'm certain she wouldn't want to do anything that would jeopardize her affectiveness at the SGC (not that I think getting serious with Jack would do this...but she's really cautious! )

That's just my take though...I could be wrong. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again!

I'm disappointed and hurting for AT that she hasn't had her baby yet (to the best of our knowledge). She must be really uncomfortable by now...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Spoiler:
          my best guess is that she's probably going to be on the Daedalus to assist the Atlantis team... which I think should be pretty neat if I'm right.

That's my take on it too. I know a lot of shippers interpreted Jack's "you've got packing to do" remark at the end of Moebius as referring to the trip to the cabin, but I think it meant she had a mission to go on.
          Spoiler:
          And since they told us in Atlantis that Daedalus was coming because they got the new zpm, the timing works.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
            Hi Everyone,I saw in the JM thread that Sam's reason for leaving is now purely business-related, and not personal, and that it is possible that she is in another galaxy. Interesting.
            I went to the JM thread to look up this post and found this:
            Originally posted by JoeMallozzi
            Originally posted by jafacakes
            Thanks for answering, but any chance you can expand the second answer a bit ?
            JM: It's business rather than personal.
            Originally posted by jafacakes
            Also in another answer you say Sam is far, far away in the beguinning of S9, do you mean in another galaxy?
            JM: It's possible.
            But I didn't find the post that jafacakes is referring to ('can you expland on the second answer a bit')... of course, I only went back through a few pages of the thread....
            Originally posted by chocdoc
            This seems good to me---Sam could be on an important mission that is relevant for the certain events that lead to her rejoining SG1. She could be learning about new technology that becomes important in later episodes when she returns. I think we need to have Sam's professional side be over-emphasized for awhile. I really liked how they handled issues in Threads, but I want to see Sam as her usual competent, brilliant self in season nine---throughout season nine! I think that now the pete thing is over, this will help tremendously.
            Originally posted by binkpmmc
            I could not agree more - bring back the real Sam Carter. From your mouth to TPTB's ears let's hope they wake up and realize how they damaged Carter and that they use the opportunity in S9 to fix it.
            Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Yes! I saw that too And now I'm looking forward to Season9 more than ever!
            Not to dissapoint the Shippers or anything, but I'm so glad that Sam's not off on her honeymoon (or some such) for the first part of Season9. 'On Business' sounds more like our usual Sam as chocdoc said
            'Possibly in another Galaxy'? I doubt it'll be the Pegasus Galaxy, so maybe Sam's off working with the Asgard?
            Spoiler:
            Here's to Competent Carter in Season 9! I could go for some Kick-a$$ Carter, too (but I understand that AT may not feel like leaping tall buildings and such in the near future... where's that stunt double? ) And, of course, Competent Carter... Professional Carter... Cool Kick-arse Carter... are all delivered in that amazingly wonderful AT package that simultaneously gives us Smiling Sam...Personable, Friendly Carter...Approachable, Human Carter...

B..B..Business only???? *ÜberSG-1Fan runs off whining and screaming in despair* Naw, just kidding. It would have been COMPLETELY out of character for her to be married to Jack so quickly. Perhaps at the end of Season 22 after they actually have their first date...
            LOL at the first date at the end of Season 22... cuz that sure is the rate that they've been going at! And I agree, it wouldn't be right to have her off on a honeymoon with Jack... kind of hard too, when he's going to be in episodes 1 and 3! Also... they need to showcase a bit of Sam's professional competency and scientific brilliance and heroism while she spends some time out of Jack's command. Hopefully J&S can be around each other more as colleagues and equals, instead of commander and subordinate.

Spoiler:
            Man, wouldn't McKay have a fit if he saw her??? Heaven only knows how much more he carries a torch for her after so long in the Pegasus galaxy (per Letters from Pegasus). I'm curious...what if Ford didn't remove any of Rodney's declaration of love for Sam? And what if she saw it??? I get a kick just thinking about the possibility of how she'd respond to Rodney's crush on her with him not knowing she saw his whole schpiel about his feelings for her.
            Now, I haven't seen any Atlantis shows yet... but you've made me want to watch this episode - just to catch McKay's comments about Carter!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
              LOL at the first date at the end of Season 22... cuz that sure is the rate that they've been going at! And I agree, it wouldn't be right to have her off on a honeymoon with Jack... kind of hard too, when he's going to be in episodes 1 and 3! Also... they need to showcase a bit of Sam's professional competency and scientific brilliance and heroism while she spends some time out of Jack's command. Hopefully J&S can be around each other more as colleagues and equals, instead of commander and subordinate.
              Yeah - I'm a shipper (I know - I've said that a bazillion times) - but I'm kinda looking forward to seeing Sam as just SAM, not just Sam who's in love with Jack and trying to deal with her feelings while still being professional.

Maybe not having Jack around all the time could be good for her character development (as much as I'll miss him and their interactions) and give us an opportunity to see Sam on her own as a strong presence, and I think this could be a good thing.
              Now, I haven't seen any Atlantis shows yet... but you've made me want to watch this episode - just to catch McKay's comments about Carter!
              I'm JUST starting to watch some Atlantis. You'll get a kick out of Letters from Pegasus I think (it's a clips ep) especially Rodney and his "...and now back to a topic near and dear to my heart...LEADERSHIP."

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

...So, how about this pic?... just what is our intrepid hero doing?

Guess The Episode

... or create an alternate episode title...
                ... or create a caption...
                And if anyone can find a better pic of this scene and our heroine, please post it - this is the clearest pic I could find.
                AgentD - you don't get to guess the episode... because I *know* that you know it... but you could send me an explanation (in spoilers) for why she's holding 2 guns that way!
                Photo from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html

Comment

Yeah - I'm a shipper (I know - I've said that a bazillion times) - but I'm kinda looking forward to seeing Sam as just SAM, not just Sam who's in love with Jack and trying to deal with her feelings while still being professional.

Maybe not having Jack around all the time could be good for her character development (as much as I'll miss him and their interactions) and give us an opportunity to see Sam on her own as a strong presence, and I think this could be a good thing.
                  I agree wholeheartedly. Sam needs to stand on her own and stand strong - you said it well! I always thought that they'd developed the character of SC into someone who'd handle things well when she had her own command... competent, smart, level-headed... but Season 8 didn't showcase her leadership or command qualities... so here's hoping that Season 9 does some of that showcasing!

And I was pondering what we've said about the hopes for seeing Sam in command in Season 9... and how we didn't get to see much of it in Season 8... and I was wondering if, perhaps, the reason that we didn't get to see much of it in Season 8 was because Jack was promoted to General, and CO of the SGC... My first impression was that with Jack heading the base and Sam in command of SG-1, then Season 8 should have been filled with opportunities to see Sam commanding... both SG-1, and occassionally other teams as well, when they joined SG-1 for a mission or excursion.

However... with Jack in command of the SGC... it seems that the writers wrote a lot of 'on Earth' episodes... and that allows Jack to be more easily incorporated into stories - even if he just had small parts, at least they were already on Earth, so it would be easy to write scenes with Jack in them. With SG-1 dealing with on-earth issues and crises... it also kept them on the same planet as Jack... keeping more of the 'team is all together' feeling... Perhaps the writers and such didn't want to leave Jack behind all the time - like SG-1 left Hammond and the SGC as they went off exploring in the early seasons.

So, what I'm trying to say is... weird as it sounds... is that perhaps we didn't get to see Sam offworld leading SG-1 and other teams... because that really would leave Jack behind (and therefore, emphasize his absence from the team). Keeping SG-1 on Earth, keeps SG-1 close to Jack, and perhaps that was to soften the 'blow' of his absence.

Now, of course, there are exceptions... SG-1 was offworld for a short time (short time on screen) in Icon... and again in It's Good To Be King (but they didn't let it stay that way, as they brought Jack to the team for this episode)... and Sam was offworld with her Dad in Reckoning (but not in command of SG-1 or shown to be in command of any other SG teams)...

As a true Sam-fan, I am sad that we didn't get 2 or 3 episodes where Sam led the team offworld exploring... And I would have really enjoyed seeing Carter commanding not just SG-1, but a couple of other SG teams at the same time... in some mission that required the manpower of several teams.

For Season 9, I have hopes that we still might see something along these lines... but with so much unknown as to when AT will be coming back and how the writers and such are going to reform the team... the whole 'who will be in charge' issue... sigh...

And... has anyone checked out the couple of screencaps GW has posted of Lt. Cameron Mitchell? In the one where he is touching the Stargate, what struck me was the large amount of commendations and citations and such on his dress uniform...I don't know the correct terminology for it (salad-board?), but I'm looking at the little colored rectangles on the breast pocket. Very close to what they showed for Jack, if I remember what his looked like in New Order... But Sam's is much, much less. (And I didn't think much of that when I saw it in New Order... surely after the past 8 years of spectacular heroics that SG-1 has accomplished, she would have had a lot more to show for it!).
                  Last edited by astrogeologist; 26 March 2005, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Well I've spent the past few hours going over music videos that I've managed to collect over the past six months on my computer and I came across two that I really liked. I'm sure most of you have already seen them, but I figured they were well worth it to repost for anyone who may have not had the chance yet.

'The Way I Am' by Lena and Christina, The Dream Team
                    http://www.stargate-dream-team.de/thewayiamdownload.htm
                    This is a really good Sam video, showing different sides of Sam at
                    some of her best moments.
                    *Astro has this one on her site as well*

'Accidentally In Love' by Lena and Christina, The Dream Team
                    http://www.stargate-dream-team.de/accidentally.htm
                    This is a really sweet behind the scenes video of Stargate.
                    I really like it because we get to see so many clips of AT just
                    being herself and she always seems so happy with a big smile.
                    She's definitely someone who enjoys giving hugs as well.

I snagged these two from Astro's website because they are also
                    very good Sam videos.

A Wonderful Sam Carter video-montage by RocketChick http://www.rocketfic.com/clips/from_my_friends_hi.mov
                    (you need QuickTime to be able to view the movie)
                    Homepage: http://www.rocketfic.com/

>>> 'Not Just Another Pretty Face' by Shima
                    http://www.shimatsuno.de/upload/PrettyFace2.wmv
                    The official video for Amanda Tapping at the German City Con (last year?)
                    First Place Winner of the Stargate 2003 Music Video Awards: Carter category
                    http://www.shimatsuno.de/Englisch/e_video.html

If anyone has any other Sam videos that you would like to share and pass on, please feel free.
                    I'm always looking for new ones.

Kat
                    Great recommendations, Kat! Loved the team video 'Accidentally in Love', with all the shots from the Behind The Scenes stuff. Loads of fun - and great to see them all laughing and enjoying things. I also went back and watched 'The Way I Am' - a super great video - and great resolution, too - I can watch that at full-screen (17" monitor) and the video looks good.

'Not Just Another Pretty Face' is simply a video and song montage... it's talking about women in general, but it's so much fun to see it set to Sam Carter scenes. Some of my favorite lines... 'She is a geologist' (of course! no surprise that I'd like that line!)... and how about 'She is a mother of three' (and the author of the video cuts to a great, cute shot of all three of the guys, LOL!)...

Thanks for posting these links, Kat, and if you find anymore, please post those too!

Comment

Uber - kudos for your rotating gif! Have you made rotating gifs before?

Comment

...So, how about this pic?... just what is our intrepid hero doing?

Guess The Episode

... or create an alternate episode title...
                        ... or create a caption...
                        And if anyone can find a better pic of this scene and our heroine, please post it - this is the clearest pic I could find.
                        AgentD - you don't get to guess the episode... because I *know* that you know it... but you could send me an explanation (in spoilers) for why she's holding 2 guns that way!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                          Haha, yes, to Canadians its VERY silly. Both of my parents grew up in Kelowna , I happen to be going there this Wednesday! First time I saw Menace I actually had to watch it over a few times after the initial "I heard wrong" leading to full on heart attack from laughing. Jonas, from Kelowna... *goes into fits of hysterics*
                          That reminds me... I'm being sent to Tel Aviv towards the end of May, and as I was looking up info on the city, I came across an interesting tidbit. Tel Aviv has a neighboring old Arab port city called Jaffa. Which, of course, begged the question in my mind if the residents of Jaffa are called... well... Jaffa...

My LJ

Comment

Uber - kudos for your rotating gif! Have you made rotating gifs before?
                            Thanks!

Yuppers... I sure have made them before. Mostly for my clients...but so far on GW, I've made a few ones like this and the Shippers wear Rose colored glasses:

http://powerpromoz.com/stargate/roseglasses.gif

Comment

Spoiler:
                              lol, other than wanting to kick severe Kull Warrior Arse?
                              Teal'c hands her his own P-90, so he can look at this thermographic sensor thing to detect the cloaked Kull Warrior. And Carter ends up with two P-90's
                              It's not entirely stupid either; the P-90 doesn't produce very much recoil, its ambidextrous and its a compact bullpup design. And since Sam is quite used to using one, I'm sure she'd be able to handle Dual P-90's easily
                              And of course, it is a game after all She could be walking around with two M-60's in her hands and it wouldn't be that odd (for a game )

lol, thats pretty nifty

Comment

Kat….Thanks for the video links. I agree with Astro that “Not Just Another Pretty Face” is a five-star experience! Whenever I watch it I just have to grin. Here are a several others vids I found.

Janet
                                Voice over is Sam’s eulogy
                                Music: "The Departure" (Gattaca soundtrack) - Album: "The very best of Michael Nyman"
                                Spoilers: Seasons 1 - 2 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 (Spoilers from "Heroes part II")
                                Size: 10.02 MB
                                http://www.snyart.com/vids/janet_fraiser.zip

Mysterious Times (Sam/Jack)
                                Music: Mysterious Times - Sash
                                Spoilers: Season 6
                                Size: 12.5 MB
                                http://www.snyart.com/vids/mysterious_times_sash.zip

Unforgettable
                                Song by Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
                                Just some good ol' Sam and Jack Shippyness! This one has been in progress for quite some time and had hit a lull until Death Knell aired.

Small Size Zip: 3.74 MB
                                http://www.hoodatlair.com/vids/Unforgettable.zip

Large Size Zip: 28.04 MB
                                http://www.hoodatlair.com/vids/large...ettable_lg.zip

Uber! I loved your Basic Ingredients to Romance. What a hoot!

SamFan31

Comment

Working...
                                X