Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And... here is the Season 7 summary collection of SaGC episode comments:
    Thanks, Astro! I'd give you jello if I could.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
      Ok, back on topic, here are some sound bytes from Moebius 2.

guns

not the kind of guy

daniel

awkward

Did you see the new commercial for Season 9 on the show tonight? The announcer says something like "This summer, meet the new team" Then they show pictures of Teal'c, Mitchell, an old shot of Sam and Daniel with a beard. Darn, it's hard to wait.

NC
      These are *great*, NC! The first one is my favorite
      CARTER: I don’t really like guns.
      O’NEILL: Neither do I. How do you feel about explosives?
      CARTER: Those I like a little better.
      LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
        Hey everyone! *waves* I'm BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!
        Welcome Back, MajorSam! You were missed!
        You're going to have fun going through the pages posted while you were gone...
        NearlyCircular has been posting great audio clips
        ForeverSG1 and UberSG1 have been posting wonderful pics
        I had great fun with screencaps and analysis of the episode Grace
        And there have been lots of great comments and discussion
        Oh - and there was a virtual SaGC thread party for ChopinGal's Birthday
        Some new folks have joined us... SamFan31, StrixVaryia, and a few others

Coley's computer is down... ChopinGal's went down and is now back up...
        ...and the Royal Infant has not made an appearance yet!
        Last edited by astrogeologist; 25 March 2005, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone! *waves* I'm BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!! Finally got home last nite, but then had to do all this stuff, then wait for my brother, then give my family gifts I got for them, then all this other stuff, ended up getting to bed at about 5:30 am my time (only 9:30pm at my house, but still) Oh well, I slept till veeeery late My brother's b-day today, so had a dinner and all that. I think we're off to a movie or something soon, so I unfortunately don't have time to write up all my adventures, or go and read the whopping approximate 80 PAGES I missed. If any y'all want to hear some adventures, or hear about the places I went, here's the highlights, i'll write on request

RANDOM
          Little French towns (Annecy, Chambery, Grenoble, Moutiers, La Cote D'aime)
          Vimy Ridge

PARIS
          Eiffel Tower
          Notre Dame
          Les Invalides
          Versailles
          Sacre Coeur
          Arc de Triomphe

MUSEUMS
          Musee D'Orsay
          The Louvre
          Centre Pompidou (crazy modern stuff)

ENGLAND
          Picadilly Circus, Oxford Circus (Shoppiiiing)
          The Phantom of the Opera (At... Her Majesty's Theatre)
          Buckingham/Big Ben
          Tower of London

RANDOM
          Then there's the Hot Chocolate Adventure in Paris, the two Bus Adventures in London, all the adventures on the Metro's, all my new friends, hostels I stayed at etc.

I'll get around to reading all the pages... tomorrow, I hope!!! Still no news of Amanda's baby... I was hoping to come back and see everyone partying, but alas...

(((((((((((((Samandans)))))))))))))) Missed you all terribly!!!!!
          Welcome Back Major Sam!!! We've missed you around here.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the great comments that have made over the past few days. Wish Ive had more time to respond to them.

I've been pondering my opinions of MII the past few hours after seeing it in full tonight. I really want to love it, but sadly it's really leaving me filling like I'm missing something Maybe it just went by too quickly, I'm not sure. I knew how it was going to end. There was no shock or disappointment there; but for it being the last episode with Jack and our original team, I have to admit I was just hoping for a little more. I actually think I enjoyed MI better because I enjoyed the quirky AT Sam. I have to agree with other comments I've heard recently in that it just felt rushed. I guess I was just spoiled after last years Lost City.

Oh well...I suppose it's time to bid adieu to our old SG-1 team and hope season nine and our new team does not pale in comparison. I will definitely be waiting impatiently until we see our Sam again.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            I will definitely be waiting impatiently until we see our Sam again.

Anything but the original is only second best!
            I'm already waiting impatiently! LOL! **AstroG is tapping her toe and checking her watch**
            And - great new sig pic, Kat! Very nice photoshopping! **AstroG bows low with respect**

Comment

I voted, in the fave Sam season 8 ep thinger, for:

New Order 2

Gemini

Threads

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Welcome Back Major Sam!!! We've missed you around here.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the great comments that have made over the past few days. Wish Ive had more time to respond to them.

I've been pondering my opinions of MII the past few hours after seeing it in full tonight. I really want to love it, but sadly it's really leaving me filling like I'm missing something Maybe it just went by too quickly, I'm not sure. I knew how it was going to end. There was no shock or disappointment there; but for it being the last episode with Jack and our original team, I have to admit I was just hoping for a little more. I actually think I enjoyed MI better because I enjoyed the quirky AT Sam. I have to agree with other comments I've heard recently in that it just felt rushed. I guess I was just spoiled after last years Lost City.

Oh well...I suppose it's time to bid adieu to our old SG-1 team and hope season nine and our new team does not pale in comparison. I will definitely be waiting impatiently until we see our Sam again.

Kat
                I agree - it did feel rushed...I wanted them to show them
                Spoiler:
                getting the gate from Ra and hiding it...but I guess that was just assumed!

Here's a dumb question...SG-1 didn't go to ancient Egypt to retrieve the ZPM because they had the ZPM. But the only reason they had the ZPM was because they went to ancient Egypt the first time and their alternates fixed everything the second time. But the only reason the alternates went the second time was because the originals went the first time. Which they didn't do because they had the ZPM. But the only reason they had the ZPM was because they went to ancient Egypt the first time.......See where I'm going with this???

Here's another question...IF the two teams went back (which I'm not sure if they did or not because of the above), then...did they disappear after the timeline was resolved? The alternates didn't go to Ancient Egypt because there was no alternate timeline because the original team didn't go...???????

As for AT, I was amazed at how much she seemed like a different person. She even walked like a geek! And I especially loved
                Spoiler:
                her little cough after Jack told her how hot she was...

Her mannerisms, her expressions - all priceless!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Clockwise from the top: NC baby picture, RDA, AT, MajorSal, ForeverSG1's daughter Kallesta, MS, CJ, Astro on Half Dome.

Background credited to SNY at www.snyart.com although I had to resize it and it got a bit stretched. The original is much nicer.
                  Last edited by SamFan31; 26 March 2005, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    Part 6 of the SaGC Summary Comments of Sam Highlights for Season 7
                    <snip Season 7 Highlights through Lost City>

Really hated how Jack shut Sam down *twice* when she tried to talk to him (at her house and then on the teltak). I don’t mind ship… in fact, I like it… but I *hate* to see the female as weak, pining or pathetic – and the scenes came off very unbalanced and one-sided… the character of Sam Carter is being laid out while Jack O’Neill is closed off and non-commital. Gyak!
                    Yeah - I hate that he had to shut her down there too except of course it adds to the whole continuity and angst angle of their character arcs...

But I LOVED when Sam told Jack to sit and look out at the planet's surface..."That's an order." She was so delightfully uncomfortable at giving an order to her CO! I loved it...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Since the new poll is up, I'm assuming we're starting comments on Season 8 episodes, so here are some thoughts.

New Order 1 and 2 – The Sam and Teal’c bonding was worth the price of admission alone, but we also got Sam vs. Fifth, round 2. AT did a great job showing Sam in extreme distress. And on the shallow side, I liked the way that Sam looked in Fifth’s version on the ranch.

Lockdown – A possessed Sam kicks butt!

Zero Hour – You got to see Sam in charge if you didn’t blink, and I loved Daniel and Teal’c coming to her lab to support her.

Icon – Sam leading the team through the gate at the beginning was a treat. At the end, she was hand signal person in charge.

Avatar – More soldier Sam, even if it was in the game.

Affinity – Well, she did lead the raid.

Covenant – I really like seeing Sam out of the “office,” and on this one we saw that a lot. This was a chock-full of Sam episode, if you think about it. And astro, she got to fly!!

Sacrifices – The one thing that I can remember is the scene with Sam and Daniel talking about the wedding. Too cute.

Endgame- Sam kicks butt with her hands literally tied behind her back! Woo Hoo!

Gemini- WOW! Just 2 great performances from AT.

Prometheus Unbound – No Sam, nuff said.

It’s Good to be King – Sam was in charge for a little while, but then got to do the science thing too. And the look she gives Maybourne when he mentions wives plural is perfect.

Full Alert – I’m drawing a real blank here. Kinsey and ?

Citizen Joe – a clip show, so not much real-time Sam, except for the funny byplay with Jack on the phone, and her reactions to Joe at the end.

Reckoning 1 and 2 – Replicarter was awesome, and I like seeing Sam and Jacob working together(for the last time, unfortunately). It was fun seeing her try to keep Jacob and Baal on task. Again, 2 great performances by AT. And of course, one of my all time favorite Sam quotes, You know...

Threads – AT’s performance with CA was so perfect. She didn’t play it over the top, because that wouldn’t be in character, but you could see how much she was hurting, and at the end, that she had come to accept it.

Moebius 1 and 2 – Geek Sam Rules! AT got to play and show us her comedic talents, and she did it with style.

I voted for Reckoning 1 and 2 as one episode, Gemini, and Moebius

NC

Comment

I voted for>>>Gemini and Moebious 1&2

OK SPOILERS THEN FOR GEMINI AND MOEBIOUS 1&2
                        \
                        \\
                        \
                        \
                        \
                        \
                        \
                        \
                        \
                        \
                        \
                        \
                        \
                        \
                        \
                        Gemini i enjoyed as it showed Sam trusting Replicarter really without much hesitation and i liked that, i don't want to see Sam as a cold
                        hearted soldier and although it was a replicator Sam imho really did want to give it a chance, after all it had all Sam's thoughts and feeling sand i have to say i was stunned when it turned out it was bad because i really did think other wise!
                        Sidenote>>>I think Amanda does BAD and EVIL really well because when it hit me that RC was bad it made my skin crawl!

Moebious 1&2 This was just a joy to watch from start to finish, i just let the story wash over
                        me and sit back and laughed at all Amanda's anticks.
                        Two really very diferant stories and two very diferant sides of Amanda's work

Just want to add Welcome back MajorSam glad you
                        had a nice time on your travals!

Last thing hope we hear soon from Amanda, if she is still waiting she must be climbing the walls by now! so glad my children were both early!

((((Amanda))))
                        ......TARA......

Comment

Hey everyone! *waves* I'm BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((Samandans)))))))))))))) Missed you all terribly!!!!!
                          Welcome back!

Comment

wasn't geek sam just ADORABLE????

she was so precious and it was fun to watch the normally assured Sam be all hesitant and slightly goofy
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31

Clockwise from the top: NC baby picture, RDA, AT, MajorSal, ForeverSG1's daughter Kallesta, MS, CJ, Astro on Half Dome.
                              Background credited to SNY at www.snyart.com although I had to resize it and it got a bit stretched. The original is much nicer.
                              Wow, SamFan - this is wonderful! What a great way to welcome MajorSam back! Beautiful photoshopping! Blue jello to start the day (well, it's the start of my day here )

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                                I didn't know you were still at school. So what do you learn?
                                Hi DS--I'm not at school, I'm one of the college teachers here in Samanda. [That may be hard to believe with what are probably fairly incoherent posts when I'm tired. ] My subject area is definitely not science. I find it interesting, but my brain seems to be built more for the humanities and social sciences. History is my thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X