Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Alright - next up in the "WHERE'S SAM?" game:

I think that Sam's the one who's not paying any attention to allmighty Apophis... she's looking off to the right side of the photo... probably wondering how they're going to try and kill this guy who just won't die! Uber - you did a great job of finding a photo of Sam in the same gear as the rest of these guys in the photo... and making her the same size too.. great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Edit: OMG, I just realized I've got glow!!!! See! *points to rep bar* Thanks for all the rep guys
      AgentDark is ascending! Well-earned!

Comment

And... here's another screen cap panel for everyone to play with...

Guess That Episode

.... or create a new episode title for these pics...
        .... or create a caption...
        Photos are from www.stargatesg1971.com

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Or maybe not lol.
          3rd row back from Apophis' shoulder, on the left. She stands out because the image of her isn't blurred like the rest of em
          Well, that just stinks....

I'm off to find more images to manip and finish a video project for one of my clients...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            major spoilers for MOEBIUS

Spoiler:
            So, Moebius 2 has aired. I am pretty happy with how it ended. While nothing will stop me from watching season9, I do feel that season8 really was the end of Stargate SG1 as we’ve always known it, so yeah, I do feel like Moebius was really the final.
            I think part 2 of Moebius was better than part 1, maybe because there was more offworld scenes. I loved the little Ancient Gateship. It is such a great shape, and so unusual in comparison to most sci-fi ships. And it flies nicely.
            While I think Amanda did some really skilled acting in this, I still wish both AU Sam and AU Daniel had been a little less overdone. And I found the way they dressed Sam to be really frumpy (someone else used a similar description earlier). Both she and Daniel were dressed kind of… old fashioned? Watching AU Sam for two episodes made me really miss our real Sam. I mean really miss. I think the differences in realities could have been a bit more subtle (yes, I know, I use that word too much). I mean, I know that none of them ended up in Stargate Command because Ra took the gate away from Giza, but still, how can that along with parking a spaceship in Ancient Egypt really change that much. Sure, they aren’t working for the SGC, but I don’t see how this new alternate reality could have changed their whole personalities and lives so much. I would have thought if anything that if Sam had not been introduced to the Stargate project (in the other AU’s she still worked for the SGC, only as a Dr instead of as military), then she might have become an astronaut or something. After all, the AU Jack wasn’t all that different, at least not really in personality. And Teal’c, he was almost identical except that it took him a longer period of time to rebel against his God.
            There were however a lot of funny bits, and overall it was kind of interesting to have an alternate reality very much different from the ones we’ve seen before. I really liked the desert scenes, with all the people waving zats and weapons on the ridge of the dune, and it was kind of good how they had the real Daniel survive, considering the AU one got killed. I liked the way they ended it, back to a similar but not exact reality. I was wondering how many things this could open up for season9. I mean, afterall, if they are only just going fishing, then what if in this reality…
            … there was no episode where Janet died
            … there was no fight with the replicators, and Replicarter never died
            …Selmak never slipped into a coma and Jacob never died
            The question I’m asking is: if Teal’c can turn up at Jack’s pond wearing a different coloured jacket, then how much else could be different…
            I know I’m clutching at straws, and these are things that are unlikely ever to be changed, but the point is, the reality that Moebius 2 ended with was very close, but it was not the same reality as the one before the real SG1 travelled back in time.
            spoilers for s8's moebius 2
            Spoiler:
            according to joe mallozzi, it IS the same reality. he said, when questioned about there being fish in the pond now, and that the sg1 we know and love is dead; he said that there'd always been fish in jack's pond, he just didn't know it.

ALL the events that we've seen happen over the 8 years we've traveled and lived with sg1 have still happened. everyone that died is still dead. the things that happened in threads still happened (as a shipper, thank god!!!). so, basically, it's not a different reality. the moebius strip (which the ep is named after) says you have to travel twice around to get back to the exact place you started. and that happened. this is our real sg1.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

<snipped>

Spoiler:
              I also read somewhere, on another thread, that Joe Mallozi (in his thread) has said that it wasn't even our original SG-1 in the opening scenes of Moebius... that the timeline was already screwed up and we were already looking at an 'alternate version' of SG-1. So... how far back did the screw up happen?

spoilers for s8's moebius one and two
              Spoiler:
              i really don't think joe said that. he's been saying just the opposite, actually. we've got the real sg1. the only thing different is that they didn't have to go back and get the zpm. again.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

I made a wallpaper Sam & Jacob from Stargate SG-1 in Threads, so be warned that it contains spoilers for some maybe, as this is a very new episode that probably hasn't aired everywhere yet.

Please click the teaser thumbnail for the full size version.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  spoilers for s8's moebius 2
                  Spoiler:
                  according to joe mallozzi, it IS the same reality. he said, when questioned about there being fish in the pond now, and that the sg1 we know and love is dead; he said that there'd always been fish in jack's pond, he just didn't know it.

ALL the events that we've seen happen over the 8 years we've traveled and lived with sg1 have still happened. everyone that died is still dead. the things that happened in threads still happened (as a shipper, thank god!!!). so, basically, it's not a different reality. the moebius strip (which the ep is named after) says you have to travel twice around to get back to the exact place you started. and that happened. this is our real sg1.

sally
                  MOEBIUS SPOILERS:

Spoiler:
                  Here's the thing to consider here... 2010 - no, not the year, the episode.

We saw our team in 2010 with Jack and his handsome sexy scruffiness (whoops, sorry - I got distracted there for a moment ) and we saw Sam married to the ambassador, Teal'c as a free Jaffa and of course Daniel and Janet. But then they realized they screwed up 10 years ago by introducing the world to the Aschen - so they changed history and forever altered what timeline they would exist in.

So, here's the question - is the team at the END of 2010 - who got the message from the future - is that OUR team? Well, yes of course they are. Just because we saw what they DID in the future to change things doesn't alter the fact that at the end, it was our Sam (who never had a chance with that poor politician...) and the rest.

And why am I using 2010 to explain that this is our team? Because one of the writers of Moebius, Joe Mallozzi, said to consider 2010 to answer to that question.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    I was looking over the photo galleries on season 7 disk 5 today and found a couple of shots that I thought were very interesting. One reason was because they showed our mighty heroine in action and another because the scenes of her were cut from the actual episode Lost City.

In the first picture, Sam is the one on the right. During their entire run back to the gate, Sam is running backwards covering the guy's back.

Most of what we see of our team during this scene is picture 2 where Teal'c and Daniel are carrying Jack back to the gate. Sam is still in the background covering them.

Pictures 2 and 3 are found in the picture gallery, but they aren't actually in the scene. All we actually see of Sam is the very last picture. A tiny, blurry movement of Sam shooting at the enemy behind Jack as he's falling.

I found it really cool to find these pictures and see how much Sam and
                    AT were doing even though her shots never made it past editing.

Kat
                    Much less shooting up with one arm ... Sammie get your gun!

Comment

Um, I am actually in awe of your photoediting skills... mine do not come close...I'm still patting myself on the back for writing Chopingal's name on Cassandra's cake! - and that's nowhere near the effects that you are creating.
                      Ah, yes ... but you got to have your cake and edit it too! (Groan!)

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                        Good ones, Sky and Uber! I think I spy her at 12:00 high. Oops...Just saw that Astro beat me to it!
                        Hey There ... do you think Uber pulled her from a scene in Seth?

We can up the ante on our Where's Sam game ... once we spot her, try to identify where (by costume) she's coming from ... those fiendish super photo editors of ours have to be pulling Sam from some other episode to plop her down in their photos!

And, BTW, a big welcome to Samanda, SF31 ... glad to see you've settled right in and are already playing games with us! We like to play.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                          Is she standing to right of the spear-holder (upper left of gate, around 11:00)?
                          Me again ... this is the photo I meant ... but, upon a closer look ... maybe Sam's head was just superimposed on the extra's body ... I thought it looked like she was wearing the robe she wore in Seth's throne room.

Comment

A Public Service Announcement to All Good Samandans

The Royal Accountant, our beloved official bean counter, has been temporarily prevented from taking part in the pleasures of our realm and communicating with us. It seems that her communication device is having even more difficulties than mine or Royal Page's.

She wants to extend her good wishes to all and assure us that she has been thinking of us. I tried, unsuccessfully, to teleport her into one of the Where's Sam photos, but, alas, the procedure failed. Probably for the best, as she would have been so easily identifiable ... with the sloe gin in one hand and a pint of Her Majesty's best brew in the other!

Let's all raise a toast to our missing Accountant and hope she'll be back on board with her wit and wisdom very soon! Dare I say ... I miss that sassy lassie!

Jester

Comment

The Royal Accountant is absent you say...
                              I umm..have a uhhh..warrant to uhh..search the Accountant's liquor cabinet. She's not around? Oh well, guess I'll have to do it myself then... >

Head of Security
                              Last edited by Agent_Dark; 24 March 2005, 04:05 AM.

Comment

And... here's another screen cap panel for everyone to play with...

Guess That Episode

.... or create a new episode title for these pics...
                                .... or create a caption...
                                Photos are from www.stargatesg1971.com
                                Guess that episode:
                                Spoiler:
                                Revisions

Rename that episode: Now you see it...now you don't.

Caption: Don't worry sir, i'll have this baby up and running in no time!
                                Let's see...positive to positive...nope that didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                                X