No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO at that David Hewlett/Amanda Tapping interview Good find Uber and Forever

Awww, here's something to keep the Sam/McKay shippers happy

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
      *pokes head around doorway*
      the world is back? *smiles* that means Samanda is back. And it seems like everyone's been busy.

Now, I admired all you photoshoppers and screenshotters before, but I gained extra respect for you all the other day when I tried taking screenshots from a stargate DVD. Every one turned out black. I think there must be hidden copyright encoding. So, this means that you guys are brilliant! It also means that I'm using pics that you've posted, and that are on the web. Hope this is ok.
      As a thankyou I made this:
      I don't know how to do any of these picture things, so I rely on you all to post them.
      As a caption for the picture on the left: Now how do I get this back in the dishwasher?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        I was searching around the web and found this interview with David Hewlett and Amanda Tapping that is so funny. It's actually pretty cool because it's just the two of them talking to one another while having lunch. They are discussing the different aspects of their characters and themselves. I particularly enjoyed them talking about who was smarter Carter or McKay. I think it was in last months issue of SCI-FI magazine, but I'm not positive.

Wanna do lunch?

Kat
        AT mentions she was starting to show at the end of the season. I wondered if those sweaters on geeky Sam in Moebius were also a way to hide that.

Comment

the world is back? *smiles* that means Samanda is back. And it seems like everyone's been busy.

Now, I admired all you photoshoppers and screenshotters before, but I gained extra respect for you all the other day when I tried taking screenshots from a stargate DVD. Every one turned out black. I think there must be hidden copyright encoding. So, this means that you guys are brilliant! It also means that I'm using pics that you've posted, and that are on the web. Hope this is ok.
          Great collage, deepspace!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            I don't know how to do any of these picture things, so I rely on you all to post them.
            As a caption for the picture on the left: Now how do I get this back in the dishwasher?
            LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              LMAO at that David Hewlett/Amanda Tapping interview Good find Uber and Forever

Awww, here's something to keep the Sam/McKay shippers happy
              I have this magazine at home and loved that interview and that photo. When I saw it again here I couldn't help but think of the Disneyworld TV commercial with the two doggies in love and sharing the one strand of spaghetti while an Italian love song is being crooned in the background!

Aarf, aarf ... Stargate is going to the dogs!!

I hope they manage to have Carter and McKay together for a few more episodes in S9 ... they are really fun to watch, especially with Jack not being around to supply the humor.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Season 9 Spoilers:

Spoiler:
                According to this interview, it looks like our beloved Sam may just be in the Pegasus galaxy:

http://www.david-hewlett.co.uk/Inter...iFiFeb2005.htm

ON EDIT:

Spoiler:
                On rereading it, however, perhaps she's saying she WAS supposed to be in Atlantis, but maybe is not now?

Read for yourself (DH: David Hewlett/AT: Amanda Tapping)

DH: Are you still pining?
                AT: I’m pining terribly, but you know when we sent you off to Russia that was a little ‘ha-ha’, but at least I knew you’d come back at some point. Then we sent you off to the place of no return and, sadly, I think I was supposed to be part of your season opener next year.
                Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                I was searching around the web and found this interview with David Hewlett and Amanda Tapping that is so funny. It's actually pretty cool because it's just the two of them talking to one another while having lunch. They are discussing the different aspects of their characters and themselves. I particularly enjoyed them talking about who was smarter Carter or McKay. I think it was in last months issue of SCI-FI magazine, but I'm not positive.

Wanna do lunch?

Kat

Edit: I post this note and the next one I read is one from Uber posting the same interview. It was just WEIRD I tell ya!
                Thanks for posting the link to this article, Uber and Kat! And I think that you are right... it sounds like Sam was supposed to go to visit Atlantis at the beginning of Atlantis's Season 2 (probably via the Daedalus)... but that now she isn't (probably because of the new baby).

So, what have they written for Sam? I'm pretty sure it's been written... and maybe even filmed by now... sounds like they are going to have Daniel et.al. mention where Sam is in some conversation in SG-1's first episode. Jack may or may not be in that scene.

I've also read that Claudia Black is going to stay on for the first 6 episodes (and not just the first 5)... sorry, can't remember where I read that....

"Where's Sam?"

Comment

Deepspace, Tried to PM you, but you have your PM's disabled or some such... so, I'll just say a little here (and you can PM me if you have questions). I don't think it's the DVD so much as the software that you are using to view the DVD's. My laptop came with Windows InterVideoDVD and it has a little camera icon that allows you to take screenshots. I've tried to get screen shots with other software (and even just by hitting the 'PrintScreen' key) and have ended up with the completely black image that you got.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

... So, what have they written for Sam? I'm pretty sure it's been written... and maybe even filmed by now... sounds like they are going to have Daniel et.al. mention where Sam is in some conversation in SG-1's first episode. Jack may or may not be in that scene.

"Where's Sam?"
                    LOL Between waiting for the baby and wanting to know Sam's fate at end of S8 we are all getting antsy!

I am surprised that TPTB have not yet started the "step-mother of all contests" to follow up on their brilliant (?!) first contest (guess AT's delivery date). The new contest will be: "Where's Sam?!" And we will have to guess the galaxy, method of travel, and mission!

Heck, if TPTB pass up on this one ... we can start the contest here in Samanda! Where's Waldo? Where's Sam? And what about Naomi?!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      AT mentions she was starting to show at the end of the season. I wondered if those sweaters on geeky Sam in Moebius were also a way to hide that.
                      Yeah I'd have to agree. I also get the feeling that the shots of AT in Citizen Joe were shot at the end of the season as well, because she looks as if she may have been showing in that as well.

I really just like the look on Sam's face in the last picture. *giggle*

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        LOL Between waiting for the baby and wanting to know Sam's fate at end of S8 we are all getting antsy!

I am surprised that TPTB have not yet started the "step-mother of all contests" to follow up on their brilliant (?!) first contest (guess AT's delivery date). The new contest will be: "Where's Sam?!" And we will have to guess the galaxy, method of travel, and mission!

Heck, if TPTB pass up on this one ... we can start the contest here in Samanda! Where's Waldo? Where's Sam? And what about Naomi?!
                        Here's the first picture. Thanks to the magic that is digital editing, she's been added to this photo. Find our beloved queen!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Here's the first picture. Thanks to the magic that is digital editing, she's been added to this photo. Find our beloved queen!

*Waves hands in air excitedly* I see her!
                          Spoiler:
                          She's in the purple top under the fan thingy
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                            *Waves hands in air excitedly* I see her!
                            Spoiler:
                            She's in the purple top under the fan thingy
                            Dang.

Too easy.

I'll have to come up with something more difficult...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Great job of photoshopping, Uber! What were they filming in this shot?

Comment

It's from Wormhole X-treme. You can see the WX team in the lower left corner

Comment

Working...
                                X