Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Okay, so, I was fairly certain that Lucille Ball did the fish-face/mouth thing sort of like AT in Moebius... think there's an influence there?

Strix! I am so impressed at how you put those pics of AT and LB side by side! Just finding the pics is impressive! Great job! And thanks so much for posting them here... I now see what you were saying about AT and Lucille Ball!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
      Guess the episode.
      Clip 1
      Clip 2
      Clip 3
      Clip 4
      Clip 5
      NC
      *Great* clips, NC! Loved them!
      And you stumped me on just about all of them... I'm going to guess...
      Spoiler:
      Jolinar's Memories... or... that one where they have the icky white Machello bugs in them...
      for Clip 4?

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        *Great* clips, NC! Loved them!
        And you stumped me on just about all of them... I'm going to guess...
        Spoiler:
        Jolinar's Memories
        for Clip 4?
        Nope, good guess, but keep trying!

NC

Comment

Nope, good guess, but keep trying!
          NC
          Spoiler:
          Legacy?
          for Clip 4?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Dearest Little Royal Page

It's the beans. I have noticed that folks on other threads have had a tendency to stay away from our fair kingdom of Samanda. I have actually heard them saying: "they're full of beans!"

Methinks this keeps the thundering crowd out. Beans can do that you know. Consumed in the right quantity and consistency, our royal beans can supply our own thunder. What need we of the clamoring masses outside the Gate?

Let me congratulate you in surviving the assault upon your royal PC. I, too, had been seriously put upon this past week in my dealings with the lords of the underworld of computer diagnosis and repair. These system lords live galaxies away and speak in a foreign tongue. And, yet, I was forced to have contact with them in order to negotiate the delivery of a refurbished communication device so that I could return to the everyday happenings of Samanda.

Indeed, the wonderful Samandan posts have been multiplying like rabbits.

May I remind the Royal Census Taker that we shall soon have a tiny new resident of Samanda at which point the Royal Nanny will have to produce an image of a cake. We must have cake! Hopefully, Madam President will have returned from her trip abroad in time for the royal birth.

Cordially,

Royal Jester
            Hmm, I guess I better start looking for a cake image!
            I have the baby announcement already made up. I'm just waiting for
            the bundle of joy to come into the world.

Kat

Comment

Okay, so, I was fairly certain that Lucille Ball did the fish-face/mouth thing sort of like AT in Moebius... think there's an influence there?
              Yep, you can definitely see that AT really does love Lucy!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                Spoiler:
                Legacy?
                for Clip 4?
                Got it this time!

NC

Comment

Guess the episode.

Clip 1

Clip 2

Clip 3

Clip 4

Clip 5

NC
                  Hehe, I have no idea what any of those quotes are from... Got me stumped this time!

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                    I like the idea of Sam in command of the Deadulas for the start of s9 and just seeing what is "out there" That way imho we get to see
                    Sam really command and see the next step in her
                    journey, also would love to see "Sam in the candy store" as she delves into science while "out there"
                    Really, really looking foreward to s9 Oh and it's nice to have the forum back as i relly missed coming here.
                    But will we SEE any of this? Amanda's not there to film, so we'll be 'hearing' about her exploits instead of seeing them...

Wake me up when Sam comes back.

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      But will we SEE any of this? Amanda's not there to film, so we'll be 'hearing' about her exploits instead of seeing them...

Wake me up when Sam comes back.

Sally
                      Thats what Fanfic is for!

Ooo, great new sig too majorsal

Comment

spoilers for s7's heroes

read at your own risk

are you still reading this?

at your own risk?

*stares pointedly*

Yeah, it would. I really miss her character.

I confess that I really like reading Sam/Janet femslash, but it all seems so tragic now... I like the idea of exploring Sam's relationship with the new doctor, though. As you point out, there could be some interesting interaction there.
                        I like reading it too.

I really, really, really don't understand why Janet hasn't been mentioned by anybody? And Cassie; is she living on another planet or something?!? The writers aren't following up with things, and this specific thing (Janet and Cassie) is BIG.

Janet deserved more than this.

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          i've read some, and while it can be good, a lot of it just really doesn't ring true to me. I know that i have a couple of stumbling blocks. first of all, i just dont' see them as gay.

jack, sam, janet, jonas i all see as firmly het. Daniel...i can see daniel experimenting or being more open to it and i can certainly see teal'c having a more open mind since, for all we know, bisexuality is common among jaffa (it has been among other warrior races, namely the spartans)

i think my other stumbling block is that the characters are often written far from how i see them. in a lot of slash fic, i see jack as this warm, loving, caring, sweet guy, when the jack o'neill that i see on the show can be that way...but he can also be a class a jerk when he wants to be.

in some of the femslash i see, janet and sam are both written far from how i see thier characters, so it's more of a charicture to me. Sam isn't sam carter, she's this gay female who sometimes lets her emotional attachment to janet override her normal behaviors and she's soemtimes written too butch for me

That's not to say it's bad, i know that sam/janet is an exceptionally popular pairing, it's just that the majority of the fic i've read have the characterizations so far off what i interpret as 'normal' that they're just hard for me to read

I do think, however, that it's absolutely fascinating that people can take one single scene adn interpret it so very many ways. it just speaks to the diversity of the viewership

when i'd first starting reading slash/femslash (i ran out of sam/jack smut fics ), i was *very* bothered by it. i got this weird icky feeling (best i can describe it). but, after time, i started getting a taste for it. and then i realized what i'd been doing while reading it. these ppl aren't the same ppl i know and love. they're not the ones i've followed and idolized for years. once i really figured that out, i quite enjoyed reading jack/daniel and sam/janet and other pairings. it's all just alternate realities to me. once you get that in your mind, it's quite fun to read.

btw, i only read smut/nc17 slash, none of the character pieces.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's moebius part one

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Spoiler:

Also, as plain jane as they make her out to be in this episode I find it extremely amusing that they have three different men totally eyeing her up and down.

Watch the next time if you haven't notice it already. Her boss totally checks her out, then Jack does on his boat when he meets her and then McKay does in the puddlejumper (he even gives her a little pat on the bottom). I don't think Sam ever gets checked out like this, but then again maybe it's because she intimidates most of the men she comes in contact.

Kat

Spoiler:
                            I LOVED geeky Sam! I showed my mom Moeb 1 last night and kept telling her to check out Amanda's movements and facial expressions and such. Alt Sam was *so* sweet. She really was so endearing. I can't wait for part two **shipper grin**.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

The more I think about it I really think the whole Daniel wrapped up with a flag in Threads was a poke at AT posing in the American flag. I thought I'd alter the flag Daniel wore a bit... but you tell me if you don't think this was intentional to tease Amanda. I mean Jack almost grabbed the American flag but changed his mind. hehe

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/5156/flag1jw.jpg

Kat
                              I really do think it was done on purpose. Unknowing fans wouldn't blink twice, but we in-the-know *that's us* saw the possibility of the joke. And I really think it was to tease Amanda.

I keep thinking about Amanda. I hope everything's going well for her.

((( Amanda/Baby )))

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

LOL, everytime I watch this episode I see AT do a new little gesture that is hysterically funny.
                                Spoiler:

In the scene where General Hammond wants them to sign the disclosure agreement...watch Sam before she goes to sit down. She does this little leg cross bit and then a little hop/skip thing towards the table.

I also really love how AT plays Sam's embarrassment up when she's explaining to Daniel what she does for a living. This scene is so funny. My son and I sit and watch it over and over. We giggle out loud everytime Sam does.

DANIEL: Hi.
                                CARTER: Hi.
                                DANIEL (offering his hand for her to shake): Doctor Daniel Jackson.
                                CARTER (shaking his hand): Doctor Samantha Carter.
                                DANIEL: Oh! Uh, PhD.
                                CARTER: Oh, me too. Astrophysics.
                                DANIEL: Oh, Egyptology.
                                CARTER: You wouldn’t happen to know why we’re here?
                                DANIEL: No. (He laughs.) Five thousand years ago, maybe, but, uh, now, no. I was kinda hoping you did.
                                CARTER: Sorry.
                                (They look around the room awkwardly for a few moments.)
                                DANIEL: I teach English as a second language.
                                CARTER: Department of Aerospace.
                                DANIEL: Oh!
                                CARTER: Oh, not as an astronaut. (She giggles nervously.) No, I, uh, I check other people’s scientific reports for factual errors or omissions before they get sent up to the Director. I especially love this part...her giggle is so infectious
                                DANIEL: That’s ... interesting.
                                CARTER: Yeah. (Then she shakes her head.) Not really.

I can't wait till Friday to see the second part.
                                Kat
                                Spoiler:
                                I know! Amanda's timing in this scene is fantastic! When she's saying about it 'not' being interesting... it's just one of those perfect timing Amanda moments (how many do we have now? ).

I can't wait to see more of Amanda playing GeekySam!

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X