No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this will seem silly to any Canadians out there, but I was slightly amused when I was searching a Vancouver newspaper for possible info on Amanda's bundle of joy when I realized that 'Kelowna' is actually a city in Canada. I had always found the name was a bit unique, but never realized it was an actual name of a city. It's really quite beautiful as well from the pictures they have up online. I wonder if the Stargate series has helped to increase its tourism at all.

Anyway, I should probably end my OT comments and let everyone get back to their regularly scheduled discussions of Sam and I'll get back to my baby ponderings.

Sigh, my baby predictions have come and gone...and I was so sure when I woke up this morning there would be info about it because I had such a vivid dream last night that I was talking to AT about her new baby( I typically don't dream about Stargate or AT...well at least that I can remember the next morning so I found it odd that last night I did). I was so hoping it was a premonition of sorts. Oh well...hopefully soon right?

Kat

Comment

It's OT, but just in case anyone missed it, the mods have announced that the forum is going to be down for a while sometime in the next day or so while they move to a new host. Here's the announcement There's also a discussion thread here

It's good to know in advance this time that it's going to be down, and let's hope that it won't take too long for the move. I need to meet my daily Samanda requirement.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        I'm replying to my own post because I don't like what I said at the end, where Sam was ashamed of her behavior. I don't know why I said that, because I really think she was embarrassed by Teal'c seeing her like that. I felt she was very self-conscious at that moment, looking quickly away from him. But I really didn't see her ashamed of herself. (why'd I say that? )

Sally
        Yeah, I'd agree with you that embarrassed is a more accurate description. I think she knows she has a valid point, but hasn't handled it well.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          More Moebius Spoilers:

Spoiler:
          This is the first AU Sam that we've seen that hadn't already been associated with the SGC (or SGA as it is in the other AUs) and she's a real geek.

So apparently, Sam in ANY reality requires the Stargate program in order to increase her coolness quotient to satisfactory levels...
          Spoiler:
          Ha! So true. You notice she and Daniel were still brilliant--something obviously went horribly wrong for them to be in the spots they were in this AU. I noticed how they put AU Sam in mostly beige to emphasize the uncoolness. But you notice how even with the glasses & beige sweaters they couldn't hide AT's beauty? I liked how she signed the non-disclosure form instantly.

I can't wait to see how Pt. 2 turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            It's OT, but just in case anyone missed it, the mods have announced that the forum is going to be down for a while sometime in the next day or so while they move to a new host. Here's the announcement There's also a discussion thread here

It's good to know in advance this time that it's going to be down, and let's hope that it won't take too long for the move. I need to meet my daily Samanda requirement.

NC
            Thanks for the head-up, NC! Got any cool audio clips to post before it goes down? (asked in hopeful tone of voice)

Comment

Favorite Sam Quotes (updated)

Welcome To MY Life!

JACK: Excuse me. I distinctly remember someone saying "We're not gonna make it!" I think we made it.
              JACOB: I'm sorry, I overreacted. At the time it seemed we weren't gonna make it.
              JACK: Yes! Well, next time, maybe we'll just wait and see.
              JACOB: (Rather sarcastically, yet with a smile ) And blow the last chance I'll ever have to being right?
              (Sam's grinning behind Jacob)
              JACK: (As Jacob passes by him) What?
              SAM: (Laughing)"Welcome to MY life!" (on her way out of the room) - click to listen to NC's audio clip

------

"I'm having a good time now, sir."
              (click to listen to NC's audio clip)

------

Posted in the astrophysics lab:
              Y’know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water!
              Next up: parting the Red Sea.
              - click to listen to NC's audio clip

------

Heard in the briefing room one day!
              Geek Sam (from Moebius) - click to listen to NC's audio clip

------

And over on the SaGC refrigerator is a sign that reads:
              "Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week!
              Why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!"

- click to listen to NC's audio clip

------

On the wall of the SaGC gym/workout room:
              You have untapped greatness inside you

------

Overheard in the commissary:
              "Well in the meantime, may I make a suggestion?
              Try enjoying this as much as we are...sir."

Click here to view ForeverSG1's screen cap storyboard for this scene

------

Over the Quartermaster's window:
              Green is Good? - Click on the link to hear the dialogue

------

Over the Stargate:
              "This is real, this is real" Click here for pictures and more dialogue excerpts

------

"Wormhole Theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking"
              - Click on the link to hear NC's audio clip

"Wormhole theory...motorcycle riding...lock-picking...and equilibrium destroying." from The Natural Balance of Things by Michelle V.

------

You ever seen one of these things work?
              'Cuz there's nothing more I'd like to to right now than demonstrate.

Click on the link to hear NC's audio clip

--------------

“the wind blows on the pillow” !

“three days to the chicken” ?

--------------

Kid In A Candy Store Click to listen to audio clip
              And click here for pictures and more dialogue excerpts

-------------

Sure, but the massive headache really takes the edge off it all.
              (Click to listen to audio clip) Click here for pictures and more dialogue excerpts

TEAL'C: Everything may not be as it seems.
              SAM: Well thank you but the fact that I'm talking to someone who's not really here kind of speaks to that. (Click here to listen to audio clip) Click here for pictures and more dialogue excerpts

TEAL'C: I do believe it would be prudent to do nothing.
              SAM: I can't do that Teal'c.
              (Click here to listen to audio clip) Click here for pictures and more dialogue excerpts

Well lately the dating scene's been a little stale but then again I am marooned on a space ship.
              (Click to here listen to audio clip)
              Click here for pictures and more dialogue excerpts

-----------------

Click here to listen to NC's audio clip
              CARTER: Interestingly, in our study of off-world DHDs we found that our gate actually draws 10% more wattage than offworld gates, now that far exceeds any potential loss due to our manmade interface. We think it has to do with the way the superconductive crystals inside the gate absorb electrical energy, but we're also trying to demonstrate that the DHDs are some how producing a purer more efficient source of power.
              Room Silent, shot of film crew dumbstruck.
              BREGMAN: Could we get a shot of the gate spinning?
              CARTER: Yeah, sure it's really cool steam comes out of it and everything.

-----------------
              AT: You spent seven years on MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoelaces and a piece of gum...build a nuclear reactor, for crying out loud! You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, McGimmick - now you're Mr....MacUseless! (lots of laughter from the film crew here...) Dear God! Stuck on a glacier with MacGyver! If there's anyone here who hasn't had a chance to check it out, you can view it here (it's the last third of the clip) Click here for audio clip
              ---------------

General SaGC mottos (coined by Skydiver)

'Grab some blue jello and an orange t-shirt and make yourself comfortable'...

*Wake me when Sam gets back*

More of our favorite Sam/AT quotes and lines:
              Nearly Circular's post with pics and audio clips Thread page 435 , post 8682.
              Last edited by astrogeologist; 04 June 2005, 01:29 PM.

Comment

so what are we going to do while gw is down?

folks want to come over to we_love_sam_ Carter and play?

it's a yahoo group but we can keep up our sam adoration there while we're waiting for thigns to re-start here
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  so what are we going to do while gw is down?

folks want to come over to we_love_sam_ Carter and play?

it's a yahoo group but we can keep up our sam adoration there while we're waiting for thigns to re-start here
                  we_love_sam_ Carter has 105 members only 104 posts since it opened in January. Only 4 posts this month. I think I'll pass.

Gracie goes off to unsub from Sam Whumpers Anon, yet another stillborn Yahoogroup.
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    I was so sure when I woke up this morning there would be info about it because I had such a vivid dream last night that I was talking to AT about her new baby( I typically don't dream about Stargate or AT...well at least that I can remember the next morning so I found it odd that last night I did). I was so hoping it was a premonition of sorts. Oh well...hopefully soon right?
                    Wow, that's really weird, because I rarely dream about Stargate, and never about AT, but last night I dreamed she'd had her baby and they'd named her Valerie. And then a little later I dreamed she had a boy named Jason. Twins? I thought it was very odd for me to be dreaming about such a thing.

Hugs,
                    Strix

My LJ

Comment

Hi all! While the GW forum is down, how about if everyone goes off and searches other websites for cool Sam photos... either to post for 'Guess That Episode' challenges - or to post for 'Create a New Caption'... or they could just be cool Carter photos... photos of Capt./Maj/Col. Carter kickin-a$$... or just great shots of AT acting.

Folks could also search for great quotes and anecdotes to share...

Then...when the forum comes back up, we'll have fun stuff to share with one another...

And, of course, anyone who has yet to post their season 7 Sam highlight comments could type them up so that they are ready for pasting into a new post for when the forum comes back online.

NC... is hopefully working on more fun audio clips (asked in a very polite and hopeful tone )

Other ideas? (Of course RL is an option for those who must )

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                        we_love_sam_ Carter has 105 members only 104 posts since it opened in January. Only 4 posts this month. I think I'll pass.

Gracie goes off to unsub from Sam Whumpers Anon, yet another stillborn Yahoogroup.
                        Anyone have MSN or AIM? We can start a TBFTGOS chat line and discuss her till it comes back up?
                        There But For The Grace Of Sam go we...

Perhapse I can see if we can set up a thread over at the Stargate Intel Forum?
                        I don't think SueKay would mind us adding a Sam thread to keep us going till GW comes back up?

stargate intel

Just a thought,
                        Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

i know they're both slow. i'm on both but am just too busy to keep posting all over the place.

course, if we moved to one of these, we cna liven them up. us 10 people can chat a lot
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Since when was the GateWorld Forum down? Or is it going to be soon?
                            Oh, for cryin out loud! Not another StarGate fan.

Now recruiting: http://s9.invisionfree.com/StarGate_XTreme/index.php

"And you felt it absolutly necessary - to REALLY slap me?"

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              us 10 people can chat a lot
                              Hey! I resemble that remark!

Comment

More guess the epi. and if I ever finish grading #%$#@ exams, I'll have time to play and will record some more.

Clip 1

Clip 2

Clip 3

And this one's especially for you, astro. Clip 4

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X