Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    I think that's the first time anyone's beaten you at this, AD! And blue jello to astro and uber for getting all four between them. I'm slowly building up a library of these. Here's two to guess and one just for fun.

Clip 1

Clip 2

Jaffa Joke

NC
    Clip 1 My answer:
    Spoiler:
    Into the Fire (and *I* would have been afraid! )

Clip 2: My answer:
    Spoiler:
    Threshold

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Hi NC! Your directions were great (and thanks again ) - you are right, it wasn't hard... but my laptop doesn't make for the best sound quality...

My guesses for above:

Clip 1 - no clue...but I love the sentiment!

Clip 2 - My answer:
      Spoiler:
      Ascension

Clip 3 - My answer:
      Spoiler:
      Nightwalkers

Clip 4 - My answer:
      Spoiler:
      Fair Game

NC - I added some of your audio links and quotes to the SaGC quote list (post 2983, Thread page 150)
      Astro, thanks so much for putting up the screen caps to go along with the audio clips! It's almost like watching the episode again.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Clip 1 My answer:
        Spoiler:
        Into the Fire (and *I* would have been afraid! )

Clip 2: My answer:
        Spoiler:
        Threshold

Got them both!!

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Not that I know of. No word about it at amandatapping.com which I'd assume would put news up as soon as they knew about it.
          I'm more apt to believe we'll hear something through the grapevine than her website.

Sally
          Last edited by majorsal; 17 March 2005, 06:57 PM. Reason: to spell, or not to spell, that is the question
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Dang. I knew someone would post a rational, reasonable response.

I just remember how much my sister was about to die with discomfort and anticipation when her due date came and went...I can just imagine our queen has quickly reached the "okay - pregnancy was a blast, but get on with it already!" stage of the process...

I'm just hurting for her a little...
            Believe me three weeks before my due date I had already reached the
            ok pregnancy was interesting, but I'm ready to be a mommy now.

But then I was one of those really bad pregnant women, uncomfortable,
            and sick the entire time so I was REALLY ready for it to be over by the
            time my daughter was born. I really hope AT is in labor now and we
            hear something soon or that she already had the baby but they have
            been too busy to post any information.

Kat

Comment

[QUOTE=astrogeologist].
              Grace
              (Continued from post 3250, thread page 163)

I *love* AT's acting in this scene - it's superb! .. I also give kudos to the writers for interweaving SG-1 into Sam's concussed hallucinations - they stayed in character and played things so appropriately for Sam's delusions.
              /QUOTE]

Ooooh Astro!! I am SO loving this Grace storyboard. I have to say I think this is one of your best. Woo!! Give yourself a big pat on the back!! I wish I could give you some jello love, but alas I must spread it around first. So I made you a very special jello dessert...hope you enjoy it!

I also have to give a thumbs up to the director of this episode for some of the great shots they have of AT. I really love the close up shots like the one above and I like the one of her waking up for the first time after her concussion when you see her eye open. That was a very cool shot.

Kat

Comment

Grace: Hallucinations...some are annoying!
                The following scenes contain some of my all-time favorite 'Sam lines'
                and some of my all-time favorite acting scenes by AT.

In spite of Teal'c's dire warnings, Sam passed out.

When she wakes up, she sets the Distress Beacon.
                That last shot - AT does a superb job of looking 'done'... she's tried everything she can think of right now, and she realizes that she's stuck on this ship alone, drifting in space until someone can find her. She also looks bored... thinking of the long, silent days ahead as she has to simply wait.

The second time that Grace appears. "Play with me." (Click to listen to audio clip)

................................................................................ ..And then she's gone again.

--------

And then there's Daniel...
                (I found this exchange to be hilarious!)

SAM: I've been trying to understand why the ship is unable to jump hyperspace. During my last jump attempt the hyperspace window seemed unable to stabilise enough for the ship to enter it. Thus far, sensors have been unable to identify the actual content of the cloud itself. It's more likely made up of a denser group of gases than that of a typical nebulae or gas giant. Bottom line is, it's preventing the hyperdrive emitter from transferring power at an even rate. Until that changes the Prometheus will remain trapped here indefinitely.
                Click to listen to audio clip
                DANIEL: Yep, I'd say you're stuck all right. Oh come on Sam, you're running the same diagnostic for probably four hours now. What makes you think the results are suddenly gonna change? Sam? Hello?
                <<<AT does such an wonderful job at looking *so* annoyed by her 'latest' halucination!
                Makes me LOL every time I watch this scene!>>>

SAM: Were you this annoying when you were ascended?<<<One of my all-time favorite 'Sam lines'>>>
                DANIEL: I don't know, depends on who you ask. I thought I had a certain je ne sais quoi. Timing was so so.
                SAM: No offence but I really don't have time for this. This is ridiculous, you aren't even real.
                Click to listen to audio
                DANIEL: Well I'm not so much me as I am you really. Part of your subconscious mind. So am I real? That's up to you I guess. Although the Socratic complications by my being here are quite fascinating.
                SAM: Daniel.
                DANIEL: Look, you just need some help, that's all. Can't you just try to go along with this?
                <<<AT's acting and facial expressions are first-rate... she closes her right eye briefly to show the continued pain from the concussion's headache... quiet, no fanfare, just a quiet little eye movement - very well done, great acting. How did we get so lucky as to get an actress like this in a weekly scifi TV-series?>>>

SAM: You're *me* talking to *me*?
                <<<Another of my all-time favorite 'Sam lines' delivered perfectly by AT!>>>
                DANIEL: Yeah. Basically.
                SAM: All right you have a point. I could use some help.
                DANIEL: Thank you.

Click to listen to audio clip
                SAM: Okay, what do you…I..want?
                <<<LOL... What do you...I...want...(just how does one talk to one's-self?) LOL>>>

DANIEL: Well I think you're going about this all wrong.
                SAM: This is helping?
                <<<Again, ROTFL! Sam is having such a sarcastic, humorous internal conversation! *This* is helping? LOL! >>>
                DANIEL: Wait a second, you've been looking forward to studying this gas cloud for weeks now. I mean isn't that the real reason you volunteered for this job in the first place? Now you're here, finally here and you're wasting your time running endless hyperdrive simulations.
                SAM: In case you hadn't noticed, I've got a small problem on my hands Daniel. Mainly that I'm stranded.
                DANIEL: Inside the very thing you've been looking at through a telescope for years. Come on, it's a chance to study something rare and exciting up close. Seize the moment.

SAM: Seize the moment?
                <<<Love the incredulity on Sam/AT's face! >>>
                DANIEL: I'm just saying, it's something new, something we've never encountered before, you're ignoring it. Does that sound like you?

SAM: Daniel, I can't even think straight let alone stay awake.
                DANIEL: Look, Sam, you have to check this out. Trust me, it's important.
                Daniel disappears.
                Grace post 1(#3250): opening scenes: Kid In A Candy Store
                Grace post 2 (#3267): Concussion, waking up, first hallucinations
                Grace post 1 (#3250): opening scenes: Kid In A Candy Store
                Grace post 2 (#3267): Concussion, waking up, first hallucinations
                Grace post 3 (#3277): Hallucinations - some are annoying!
                Grace post 4 (#3287): Hallucinations and Reality
                Grace post 5 (#3306): Maybe It's Alive?
                Grace post 6 (#3313): Who Are You?
                Grace post 7 (#3341): Bubbles

Photos are screen captures from the episode Grace
                Transcript excerpts are from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website

Last edited by astrogeologist; 08 April 2005, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Astro...thanks for all the clips and pics of "Grace"! When I first watched this episode I had a huge headache. While watching I thought, "Wow, Sam really looks like I feel". I was amazed AT captured my agony. It was her eyes, they ached just like mine. How can someone look like that and "just be acting"?

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                    Astro...thanks for all the clips and pics of "Grace"! When I first watched this episode I had a huge headache. While watching I thought, "Wow, Sam really looks like I feel". I was amazed AT captured my agony. It was her eyes, they ached just like mine. How can someone look like that and "just be acting"?

That is what i really like with Amanda is the ability to "act through her eyes" and let you feel what she is feeling.
                    The eyes say so much about someone and to get that across the screan and for the viewer to get really drawn in and really "feel" sadness,joy and all other emotions with out any
                    words or at least very little spoken is imho sign of a great actress and Amanda is most certinly that!
                    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                      That is what i really like with Amanda is the ability to "act through her eyes" and let you feel what she is feeling.
                      The eyes say so much about someone and to get that across the screan and for the viewer to get really drawn in and really "feel" sadness,joy and all other emotions with out any
                      words or at least very little spoken is imho sign of a great actress and Amanda is most certinly that!
                      It takes real skill for someone to communicate how they feel with subtle gestures and expressions.

I just saw in an interview when AT was discussing how she found out she got the job as Captain Samantha Carter with only 2 weeks to prepare for the part! She said that she could have easily just muttered the technobabble and made it sound believable, but that to her, that would have been lying. So she did research, read Steven Hawkings, etc., so she could understand what she was saying.

That's the type of actress she is and why she seems so genuine...because she IS.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I read that interview! I was like "eep!" She actually read up on that stuff ... she nuts. I'd RATHER just say it and not know what the heck I was on about, but it takes someone whos very serious and professional about their work to do that! Amanda's cool!
                        Oh, for cryin out loud! Not another StarGate fan.

Now recruiting: http://s9.invisionfree.com/StarGate_XTreme/index.php

"And you felt it absolutly necessary - to REALLY slap me?"

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583

Just talking about this reminded me of Agent Dark's rotating sig pic from Grace (shows just Sam's eyes). I then quickly thought of the scene from Paradise Lost, where Sam's admonishing (and getting admonished) Dr Lee. I LOVED the look on Sam's face through out her little tiff with Lee, because you saw her conflicting emotions. And it's a rarity to see Sam out of control, and I saw not only her losing it, but being a bit ashamed of her behavior when she saw that Teal'c had been watching her. I really loved that scene.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            Just talking about this reminded me of Agent Dark's rotating sig pic from Grace (shows just Sam's eyes). I then quickly thought of the scene from Paradise Lost, where Sam's admonishing (and getting admonished) Dr Lee. I LOVED the look on Sam's face through out her little tiff with Lee, because you saw her conflicting emotions. And it's a rarity to see Sam out of control, and I saw not only her losing it, but being a bit ashamed of her behavior when she saw that Teal'c had been watching her. I really loved that scene.

Sally
                            It's all in her eyes - the subtleties of her expression changing little by little when she realizes that T saw her jump down Lee's throat...

She is what truly makes the show for me now... It used to be more O'Neill, because, well he's a hotty and he was McGyver for cryin' out loud. But since he's had such a limited schedule, I've had the opportunity to really get to know her character and that's what I look forward to now - Sam scenes.

And I'm learning more about AT - who she is as a person - and I get the sense that if I were to bump into her in the street, we'd hit it off and could be friends. She just seems to be a very personable, genuine human being...and I like that about her. She's very attainable, doesn't seem to fully grasp how much she's appreciated, and doesn't seem to have the big head associated with high quality actors and actresses...

I hope she has her baby soon. She and her hubby must be going nuts by now waiting...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              It's all in her eyes - the subtleties of her expression changing little by little when she realizes that T saw her jump down Lee's throat...

She is what truly makes the show for me now ... I've had the opportunity to really get to know her character and that's what I look forward to now - Sam scenes.

And I'm learning more about AT - who she is as a person - and I get the sense that if I were to bump into her in the street, we'd hit it off and could be friends. She just seems to be a very personable, genuine human being...and I like that about her. She's very attainable, doesn't seem to fully grasp how much she's appreciated, and doesn't seem to have the big head associated with high quality actors and actresses...

I hope she has her baby soon. She and her hubby must be going nuts by now waiting...
                              What's not to love?!

I imagine we will be hearing something soon regarding Amanda's mini-me!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Sally
                                Yes, me too. You wonder if the directors more and more realized as the seasons progressed what they had with AT & capitalized on it. I know one director on a commentary said something about them liking to go to Amanda for "reaction shots" because she's so expressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X