Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT but needed to be said:

I just scrolled through the past few pages and want to thank all of you for taking the time to create such humorous and delightful birthday "cards" for me! From my name on Cassie's birthday cake to my night out with Murray to my furry slippers and my Sam montage ... all of you have made me feel very special on this Ides of March. And, for once, I am not joking around ... I am quite touched by all of it.

So, what can I give you back? I'm too mellowed out to do my usual Royal Court Jester routine ... but let me share some famous and not-so-famous quotes on growing old(er) that may put a smile on your lips ...

I was born in 1962. True. And the room next to me was 1963. - Joan Rivers

I'm over the hill but the climb was terrific! - Graffiti

Just remember, once you're over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. - Charles Schulz

The trick is growing up without growing old. - Casey Stengel

If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older. - Abraham Sutzkever

When it comes to staying young, a mind-lift beats a face-lift any day. - Marty Bucella

Everyone is the age of their heart. - Guatemalan saying

You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake! - Bob Hope

I look forward to being older, when what you look like becomes less and less an issue and what you are is the point. - Susan Sarandon

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchell Paige

Thanks, guys, for making this a very special Carteresque Birthday! You're the best! Blue jello and cake to everybody on the thread!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Hmm. I'm noticing I'm the only one so far coming up with ideas for my little game...I'm starting to feel a little unloved, as though I accidentally turned a corner and have ended up in a deep dark alley somewhere in the great Monarchy of Samanda....

But I will progress with my game. By myself. With no one coming up with questions on their own.

- Provide examples from and name the episodes where Sam gets flustered, either professionally or personally.
      Sigh, I'm just now finishing up with the first one... Oy!
      Kat

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
        Next round of guess the episode.

Clip 1

Clip 2

Clip 3

Clip 4

NC
        Here's a panel of pics to go with NC's Clip 1(click to listen to the audio)

Photos from the Official Amanda Tapping Website

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
          Next round of guess the episode.

Clip 3

NC
          Ahah! I figured out what clip 3 is from!
          Spoiler:

Smoke and Mirrors, when Sam goes 'undercover' and gets the Buisness Men to incriminate themselves

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Whoa!

Thank God I wasn't drinking tonight ... just one glass of pinot grigio ... thanks, Forever, for this rather existential angsty montage of Sam ... for my birthday ... hmm ... Sam in pain ... hmm ... it is AT's due date ... hmm ... maybe there's a connection here to childbirth ... hmm ... the Ides of March ... Julius Caesar in pain ... hmm ... never trust anyone with a pain stick ... hmm ... deep, deep ... hmm ... Sam whumpage = Happy Birthday ChopinGal ... hmm ... it only hurts when I laugh ... hmm ... maybe I should have had a second glass of wine ... hmm ... thank you for this very unique tribute for my Birthday ... hmm ... FINALLY I GET IT!

The pain of growing older! Yes, brilliant analogy ... yes, thank you, Forever!
            Ah, I thought this was the Sam is great thread.... don't you all talk about wanting to see more Sam whumpage??? *heavy sigh* And here I thought this was absolutely perfect. I promise for the next thread birthday I'll have a few drinks before I start playing around and hopefully it will put me in a less angsty mood, maybe I'll do a Sam kicking butt picture!! yeah! that's it!

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Fortunately, Madam President is traveling in France ... and Madam Vice-President still does not know your royal duties, nor her own job description for that matter.
              What? Duties? I have duties?... am I not getting all my memos? .... I have memos?

Sally

ps - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHOPINGAL!!!
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Spoiler:

Smoke and Mirrors, when Sam goes 'undercover' and gets the Buisness Men to incriminate themselves

Good job! You're waaay too good at this. I'll have to find some more obscure quotes, maybe something like "Sir!" or "I have an idea"

NC

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Ah, I thought this was the Sam is great thread.... don't you all talk about wanting to see more Sam whumpage??? *heavy sigh* And here I thought this was absolutely perfect. I promise for the next thread birthday I'll have a few drinks before I start playing around and hopefully it will put me in a less angsty mood, maybe I'll do a Sam kicking butt picture!! yeah! that's it!

Kat
                  Hey Sweet Kat ... I loved it! And couldn't resist teasing you! And this has started a whole new part-time career for you - official birthday-album maker! Can't wait to see the Carter-butt-kicking theme for the next B-Day person ...

BTW, how do we manage to list our birthdates in Samanda? Anyone have a good idea about this?

CG

Comment

Another example of Sam getting flustered...

Brief Candle: When all the guys assume Sam knows how to help a woman in labor.

Sam: "What? Don't look at me! I don't know what to do..." (how often does she say that?)

Ooh. That's a good question. What episodes does Sam not know how to solve something?

I'll start off -

what about Redemption 2 when she didn't know what to do regarding the Stargate until Jonas clued her in.

also in Solitudes, she didn't know how to get them off the "ice planet."

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Spoiler:

Woo! AD, you must be an Sam audio aficionado. Unfortunately phrases don't stick in my mind very well. They sound familiar but can't put a episode name to it.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        maybe I'll do a Sam kicking butt picture!! yeah! that's it!
                        Kat
                        Oooo...! Do we have to wait for a birthday?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Great overview - you know, this seems more to be the job of the Royal Photographer *cough, cough*

There was no way she could handle an entire Jaffa platoon by herself. But what's so great was how completely calm she is as she picks off all the Jaffa.

Carter (firing her weapon): How's it coming?

Felger (ducking as he works): I'm feeling a little rushed!

Contrast this Über-confident soldier with the woman waiting to introduce her fiance to her dad in THREADS. Absolutely priceless and perfectly portrayed by AT!

You know at some point I'm going to have to bite the bullet and actually buy the SG DVDs. It seems like it'll be worth it for the commentary alone...
                          Will someone here write a fic where Sam and Felger get captured by those Jaffa (which would then take them to Baal ) ?

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            Will someone here write a fic where Sam and Felger get captured by those Jaffa (which would then take them to Baal ) ?

Sally
                            Sorry - I can't right now...I'm too busy working on "Eclipse," the follow up to "The Darker Side of Night" and if I don't finish soon, I'll have a lot of angry gaters at me!

For all you Sam fans out there that love seeing her get in a predicament (okay that's really an understatement there), give it a read, would ya?!?? And give a creative writer some feedback...

For those of you who are not into the whole J/S thing (that's fine, I love you too ya know), you won't like the first 15 pages or so but it sets up the rest of the story...so read it anyway and pretend you think Sam and Jack have genuine feelings for each other... The premise of the story's in my signature as a spoiler...

This ends the *Shameless Self Promotion* portion of the evening...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

<snipped>

... skin tight 'uniforms' (catsuits) or something in leather that leaves lots of skin exposed and looks like it belongs on a movie set for the Amazons or 'Invasion of the Alien Sluts'.
                              Invasion of the Alien Sluts?.... sounds like a great movie!

*l think i saw this movie on showtime late night<g>*

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Sorry - I can't right now...I'm too busy working on "Eclipse,"
                                Woohoo!!!

Hugs,
                                Strix

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X