Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    Yes ma'am, if you type in the general's user id - homer.simpson, and the password - beer, you'll get right to the good stuff.

NC
    This is probably one of the funniest captions I've seen on this forum yet!!

Thank you NC!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I decided to rewatch fragile balance this afternoon and was really amused with this scene so I thought I'd post some caps up here. I wish I knew how to make action gifs because pictures just do not do this scene justice. The funniest part for me was watching Carter sit up straighter and gulp, but I still think Amanda does such an amazing job with just her facial expressions. I don't know if could have made myself look so 'put in my place' looking across a 15 year old as she does in this scene.

Young Jack: Ya know, I think the two of you are enjoying this a little too much.
      Sam: Well...you are kinda cute. (first picture)
      Young Jack: That's sir to you...and being trapped inside a scrawny little body is not my idea of cute.

hehe, I can't help it... I just find this scene utterly amusing.

Comment

I've only seen most of these episodes once, so I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of good stuff (and probably not remembering others correctly), but here are my season seven favorites as I recall them:

Fallen: I loved the scene between Sam and Daniel when Daniel sort of asks Sam if they'd been involved. AT did such a great job acting; it seemed like a bunch of emotions flitted across her face before and during her reply to him. I thought it was very moving.

Homecoming: Why am I remembering Sam being stuck in a basement through this entire episode? And some kind of fight at the end...

Fragile Balance: I had read a lot of negative posts about the scene where young Jack takes over the pilot briefing from Sam before I actually saw it. I think if I had seen without that prior influence, I probably wouldn't have been bothered by it neary as much because it seemed to me that the writers were playing up Jack rather than putting down Sam. What I did appreciate, however, was how Sam gave young Jack the respect and courtesy deserving of his rank. I thought she behaved very professionally.

Orpheus: Sam in a sweaty tank top...! Woohoo!

Revisions: It's interesting (to me, anyway) that I remember absolutely nothing about this episode.

Lifeboat: When Sam wakes up in the infirmary, she says, "Janet," even before she opens her eyes. It just speaks volumes about Sam's relationship with Janet. (There's a short story in there, somewhere, I think.)

Enemy Mine: Drawing a blank, here, too.

Space Race: I never have completely bought into the adrenaline junky Sam personna, but I really liked the was she got into the plans and diagrams... scientist Sam was right on the mark. The end scene with Sam and Daniel back on base; I don't remember exactly what their exchange was, but I remember really liking it. (How's that for being vague?).

Avenger 2.0: Asinine Felger fantasies aside, I really enjoyed this episode. I really liked the way Sam stood up for Felger when everyone else was ready to give up on him. Sam has had a habit of doing that throughout the series (she helped Hailey at the Academy, she argued with Jack over the value of the recruits [Elliot?] in Proving Ground, etc.), and I thought it was a nice touch by the writers to have her being a champion for someone again. There was a scene on a bridge with Felger that I thought was especially touching (compassionate Sam at her best), and the final battle on Baal's (?) planet was awesome. Soldier Sam in action!

Birthright: Amazons! Nice to see Sam's counterparts in Jaffa society.

Evolution 1 & 2: I was glad to see Sam in command, and I thought she did a good job in that roll. I did, however, think her getting smacked by the Super Soldier at the end was pretty lame. Whumping is good, but she just *stood* there (bad writing/directing). (Oh, wait, this is supposed to be about my *favorite* parts, isn't it?)

Grace: I loved this episode. It's probably one of my favorites. I thought AT did a fantastic job; her confusion/suffering from the effects of the concussion was totally believable. I think the writers could have done a better job with parts of the storyline (Ummmm...why did the crew abandon ship in the escape pods?), but I loved getting a glimpse into Sam's subconscious mind.

Fallout: I remember liking this, but no Sam scenes immediately stand out in my mind.

Chimera: My jaw hit the floor during the hot and heavy panting scene in the bedroom. Where on earth did *that* come from???? I thought the "hum-worthy" scene with Jack and Sam in the elevator was very amusing. I didn't have a problem with Pete running the background check but had conniptions about him crashing the stakeout. All in all, I liked the exploration into Sam's personal life, and I thought AT did a good job considering what she was given by the writers.

Death Knell: Loved all the Sam scenes! Whumping! Shooting off rockets! Hurt/Comfort! And my heart almost stopped when she told Jack, "Just give me a minute," at the end. OMG. We haven't been shown many (if any) other scenes of Sam being completely at the end of her endurance like that.

Heroes 1 & 2: In Heroes 1, I howled when she abruptly stopped her science-speak and said something like, "and steam comes out and everything." It was perfect. Of course, AT was brilliant in Heroes 2 after Janet's death. The scene with Teal'c was heartbreaking, and I thought the scene with Jack in the infirmary was totally believable. I could just see how conflicted Sam was... grieving for Janet, yet at the same time so grateful that Jack survived. It would be overwhelming.

Ressurection: I didn't care for this story very much, but I thought AT did a good job directing. I think there was a scene between her and agent Barrett (????), where he asks her on a date or something, and she tells him that she's already seeing someone. AT played it in such a way that made me think that Sam was sort of surprised by both the question and by her own answer... like... after all these years of being single, suddenly *two* guys are asking me out?

Inauguration: I don't remember there being any original Sam material in there, was there?

Lost City: While there were many things about this episode that I really loved, it was also the beginning of the "insecure Sam" that we saw so often in season 8. It was perfect when Sam told Jack something like, "I should have taken the download." That was so in character. There was lots of action in this one, and Sam held her own. I laughed when she gave the order to Jack.

Sorry these are a little vague... my memory isn't the greatest.

My LJ

Comment

Oh dearie me!
          Spent all evening on the thread and only got to page 137!!

Failed to vote for season 6 - hangs head in shame
          Failed to summarise season 6 Sam comment - drops to my knees
          Failed to vote in Sam and Jack fiction thingy - lies prostrate in front of Head of Security awaiting punishment

Seriously I guess it is a testament to all you chaps and chapesses out there that you are posting such interesting stuff. I keep reading, no skimming. There has been a wonderful and eclectic mix of commets and fun. Eveyone has such excellent wit and wry humour. I have had a great time tonight. I'm just sad I can't get up to speed and join in the fun again!

To try and be a little bit closer to you all I have tried to keep you in spirit via my drinking habits. First off tonight was a cheeky little beer Tetley's "Imperial" - after all we are in the Queen's Court. Then there was a little wheat brewed number "Fiddler's Elbow" methinks something Murray ended up with after his encounter with the Court Jester lest week, and to round off nicely a nice golden pale ale by the name of "Circlemaster" - So here's to you NC!!!

Happy posting everyone!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            To try and be a little bit closer to you all I have tried to keep you in spirit via my drinking habits. First off tonight was a cheeky little beer Tetley's "Imperial" - after all we are in the Queen's Court. Then there was a little wheat brewed number "Fiddler's Elbow" methinks something Murray ended up with after his encounter with the Court Jester lest week, and to round off nicely a nice golden pale ale by the name of "Circlemaster" - So here's to you NC!!!

Happy posting everyone!!
            I appreciate the thought, Coley! Have another on me.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              Oh dearie me!
              Spent all evening on the thread and only got to page 137!!

Failed to vote for season 6 - hangs head in shame
              Failed to summarise season 6 Sam comment - drops to my knees
              Failed to vote in Sam and Jack fiction thingy - lies prostrate in front of Head of Security awaiting punishment

Seriously I guess it is a testament to all you chaps and chapesses out there that you are posting such interesting stuff. I keep reading, no skimming. There has been a wonderful and eclectic mix of commets and fun. Eveyone has such excellent wit and wry humour. I have had a great time tonight. I'm just sad I can't get up to speed and join in the fun again!

Happy posting everyone!!
              Cheers, my dear! We miss you on the thread so try to take the speed-reading course that was advertised in the Oh Yea What Say Times' last edition and catch up to us!

"Fiddler's Elbow" ... the names of the beer are as quaint as the names of the pubs over there across the pond!

Try not to slosh on the beans!

Comment

Here's a new game, and I fear this first round will be far too easy for you knowledgeable Samandans.

Guess the episode associated with the clip. Hint: these are all from the first season.

clip 1

clip 2

clip 3

clip 4

clip 5

clip 6

NC

Comment

Here's a comparison I couldn't resist. The first clip is from the pilot episode and the second is the corresponding speech from Moebius.

Just because ...version 1

Just because...version 2

NC

Comment

Here's a comparison I couldn't resist. The first clip is from the pilot episode and the second is the corresponding speech from Moebius.

Just because...version 2

NC
                    Haven't seen geeky Sam yet but knew about this line ... LOL ... is her voice higher in pitch as Sam with glasses?!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]

Fallen
                      The one thing I liked about this episode, especially seeing no interaction between Sam and Daniel while he was ascended and his treatment of her in Full Circle, was that it really seemed to me that it was Sam, not Jack, who changed Daniel’s decision to come back to Earth with the team. The fact that Daniel wanted to know if there had ever been anything between them makes me believe that he still, even without his memories, felt a bond with Sam and trusted her.
                      I agree. Sam is someone, I think, who inspires trust anyway, but I agree that he did sense a bond with her. The way she talked about him certainly signalled that deep friendship. I also liked the moment when Daniel walks past her--she looked so hurt not to be recognized.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        Haven't seen geeky Sam yet but knew about this line ... LOL ... is her voice higher in pitch as Sam with glasses?!
                        I think she did alter her voice to play geeky Sam, but part of it may be due to differences in the recording sources.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          . Here's a pic to play with...

Guess That Episode

...or make up an alternate episode title...
                          ...or make up a picture caption...
                          Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping Website
                          How many times have we told the Colonel not to open those emails from "Secret Admirer?"

Comment

Here's a new game, and I fear this first round will be far too easy for you knowledgeable Samandans.

Guess the episode associated with the clip. Hint: these are all from the first season.
                            This was loads of fun NC! Please post more if you make them!

clip 1 -- My answer:
                            Spoiler:
                            Emancipation!

clip 2 - My answer:
                            Spoiler:
                            Children of the Gods?

clip 3 - My answer:
                            Spoiler:
                            Hathor!

clip 4 - My answer:
                            Spoiler:
                            Emancipation!

clip 5 - My answer:
                            Spoiler:
                            Solitudes

clip 6 - My answer:
                            Spoiler:
                            Hathor!

Comment

Just because...version 2

NC
                              In the second one, the first part sounds like Geeky Sam and then it seems to change into the real AT - in tone, feeling and sentiment! (cuz I think those last words are her true feelings )

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                I decided to rewatch fragile balance this afternoon and was really amused with this scene so I thought I'd post some caps up here. I wish I knew how to make action gifs because pictures just do not do this scene justice. The funniest part for me was watching Carter sit up straighter and gulp, but I still think Amanda does such an amazing job with just her facial expressions. I don't know if could have made myself look so 'put in my place' looking across a 15 year old as she does in this scene.

Young Jack: Ya know, I think the two of you are enjoying this a little too much.
                                Sam: Well...you are kinda cute. (first picture)
                                Young Jack: That's sir to you...and being trapped inside a scrawny little body is not my idea of cute.

hehe, I can't help it... I just find this scene utterly amusing.
                                Abolutely fantastic scene to highlight, ForeverSG1!
                                Thanks so much for getting the screen caps and the dialogue - lots of fun!

*Love* Sam's last couple of lines!
                                "Well in the meantime, may I make a suggestion?
                                Try enjoying this as much as we are...sir." ROTFL!

What time is it when your CO has just been turned into a fifteen year old with a 50-year-old cranky Colonel attitude? You got it - time for some blue jello...!

Comment

Working...
                                X