Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Mine too!! Anyone seeing a trend here regarding Sam?
    Spoiler:

Not only do they kill off most of her boyfriends, but they kill off her best
    friend and father as well. Poor, poor Sam.

Hmm, let's see...
    Daniel's lost his wife.
    Teal'c has lost his wife and lover.
    Jack has lost his son.
    I still see Sam getting the short end of the stick here.

ForeverSG1

i wrote a fic about that once. about sam being the last survivor...which she kinda stands a chance of being if you ever see how the boys protect her, consciously or not.

jack and teal'c will do the dangerous stuff first, always, they have sam and daniel/jonas hang back.

then given daniel's knack for ascending, i'd say he stands a good chance to get himself shipped off to glowville leaving sam all alone.

moeb spoiler
    Spoiler:

although, in moebius, daniel was the last one alive
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Sam in CarterChic orange face mask: "I'm sorry, sir ... but I refuse to kiss you until all your blood work is done! Nothing personal, I screen all my dates."

Holy Hannah ... we did it, Forever! ... this is Post 3000 !! I think I get a Bean!

And now on to your 300th post! I'm sure the thread will get busy soon and you'll hit the mark by tonight! BTW, your posts are always fun to read and quite thoughtful.
      Woo!! WTG. Shows you how observant I was... I could have had post 3000 and personal post 300 today but I didn't even notice how close we were. ROFL!! Congrats to us all for such rampant posting! Soon everyone will start showing up wondering what's going on in this busy little thread.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
        Ok here's the Maybourne clip. Maybourne, you're an idiot...

NC
        There is no way not to LOL every time I hear that!
        And while laughing, I'm thinking - 'Go Sam!' and 'Great Lines AT!'.

I went back and added your new audio clip to the list of quotes
        and other wonderful audio links in the previous post Thread page 150, post 2983

Thanks so much for capturing those lines and then posting them for us all to listen to and play with!
        Last edited by astrogeologist; 13 March 2005, 09:23 AM.

Comment

i love putting the audio files on my computer. i have the 'green' line play every time i plug/unplug something and 'chevron 7 locked' when my puter boots up

thanks for giving me some more sam ones to play

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            . Here's a pic to play with...

Guess That Episode

...or make up an alternate episode title...
            ...or make up a picture caption...
            Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            Yes ma'am, if you type in the general's user id - homer.simpson, and the password - beer, you'll get right to the good stuff.
            Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Technician to Carter: "So ... uh, okay if I pick you up around 7:00? Dress casual ... I'm not like Pete."
            Originally posted by Skydiver
            See, the key to winning tetris is those blocks right there.
            Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
            Now you take the golden papaya you picked up on level three and you feed it to the Dookie Bird of Doom. That'll make it drowsy and easy to beat. Now, along this corridor you'll meet up with Cronus, the final Boss of the game.
            Rename that episode: Finding T's Mojo

Caption:
            Walter: Ma'am, are you sure the Colonel won't figure it out it was us
            who did this?

Sam: Walter...walter....walter....I've been doing this to the Colonel
            for years. He has yet to figure out who's sending it. Besides it
            keeps him on his toes and makes him feel special that someone
            would go to such trouble.

Just relax... I've got your six.
            ROTFL! When I posted this pic, the caption that popped into my mind was along the lines of the one that ForeverSG1 made up... I could just imagine Sam and Walter programming something to happen to Jack's computer... maybe sending him a goofy screensaver or some such...

However, now that Skydiver has said that she uses Stargate sound clips as automatic sounds on her computer... that got me thinking of what Sam and Walter could program Jack's computer to *say* whenever he did certain things... LOL!
            Last edited by astrogeologist; 13 March 2005, 10:19 AM.

Comment

However, now Skydiver has said that she uses Stargate sound clips as automatic sounds on her computer... that got me thinking of what Sam and Walter could program Jack's computer to *say* whenever he did certain things... LOL!
              what would sam put into jack's puter? Let's say it's part of the start up menu/sounds. What would she put in there?

for general jack: "I said, within reason, sir."

her reminder to him that yes, he can do whatever he wants.....within reason

sigpic

Comment

. Here's a pic to play with...

Guess That Episode

...or make up an alternate episode title...
                ...or make up a picture caption...
                Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping Website

See, the key to winning tetris is those blocks right there.

sigpic

Comment

Over 3000 posts and more than 150 pages on the SaGC!
                  Yowza!

Congratulations to ChopinGal for posting that historic 3000th benchmark!

In honor of ChopinGal's 3000th post, I was thinking of asking Colonel Carter is she would be willing to offer ChopinGal a tour of the SaGC and a demonstration of the 'Gate connecting including the dramatic kawoosh! However... I mulled it over... and what I know of ChopinGal... and instead inquired as to whether or not the Colonel would be willing to set up a dinner date between ChopinGal and Murray. The Colonel simply stared at me for several long, quiet moments... and I began to wonder if I had overstepped some invisible boundaries of etiquette and propriety... But then her eyes narrowed and she asked me if I really thought that ChopinGal would prefer a dinner date with the quiet, somber Jaffa instead of a cool tour of the SGC and the Gateroom - she pointed out that the Stargate gives off this cool steam effect and all (and I heard something in her voice reminiscent of that scene in Heroes when she was in the control room with that camera crew)? For ChopinGal, I admitted that I felt that she would probably appreciate dinner with Murray a bit more... The Colonel stared at me for a few more long silent moments and then a sly and knowing grin crept onto her face... 'Murray's a good choice' and her grin grew a little wider. 'And I know that he'd love to meet her for... dinner,' the officer continued with a twinkle in her eyes. 'I believe that he met Chopingal at the Royal Gala... and I'd swear that I caught him humming the next day...'

So, ChopinGal... It's dinner at O'Malley's!

Comment

Sound messages Sam would put on Jack's computer:

Start up: Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Shut down: There's no place like home...there's no place like home.

Minimize: I'm melting! I'm melting!

Error: D'oh!

New Mail: You have new mail!
                    Perhaps you should check your memo box as well.

Edit:

Program error:

A programming error has occurred.
                    To forward a detailed diagostic
                    report and a command log file to
                    Colonel Carter, please press the
                    'forcryingoutloud' button now.

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 13 March 2005, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Ok here's my next choice for ...
                      Guess that episode:
                      Frozen?
                      Edited to add: Hmmm...no, it's not Frozen... what are those lights in the background...?
                      Last edited by astrogeologist; 13 March 2005, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Frozen?
                        Nope but you are heading in the right direction.

Edit:

What are those lights in the background?
                        They are blinking lights. If I tell you more I think it might
                        be too obvious what episode it is from.
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 13 March 2005, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Nope but you are heading in the right direction.
                          http://img69.exs.cx/img69/2037/sam5jo.jpg
                          Answer:
                          Spoiler:
                          Evolution!
                          And I can't credit my memory - I got it by accident - I was trolling for photos for posting and came across it!

Comment

Answer:
                            Spoiler:
                            Evolution!
                            And I can't credit my memory - I got it by accident - I was trolling for photos for posting and came across it!
                            Woo! Give the little lady a jello shot of her liking!

Edit: I'm really going to have to learn to combine my posts like most of you do s my multitude of responses really are starting to look a bit silly right now. Casual observers( lurkers you know who you are ) are going to start thinking that I just enjoy listening to myself talk or in this case reading my own posts. Come on... come out of the shadows... we won't bite I promise!
                            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 13 March 2005, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Over 3000 posts and more than 150 pages on the SaGC!
                              Yowza!

Congratulations to ChopinGal for posting that historic 3000th benchmark!

In honor of ChopinGal's 3000th post, I was thinking of asking Colonel Carter is she would be willing to offer ChopinGal a tour of the SaGC and a demonstration of the 'Gate connecting including the dramatic kawoosh! However... I mulled it over... and what I know of ChopinGal... and instead inquired as to whether or not the Colonel would be willing to set up a dinner date between ChopinGal and Murray. The Colonel simply stared at me for several long, quiet moments... and I began to wonder if I had overstepped some invisible boundaries of etiquette and propriety... But then her eyes narrowed and she asked me if I really thought that ChopinGal would prefer a dinner date with the quiet, somber Jaffa instead of a cool tour of the SGC and the Gateroom - she pointed out that the Stargate gives off this cool steam effect and all (and I heard something in her voice reminiscent of that scene in Heroes when she was in the control room with that camera crew)? For ChopinGal, I admitted that I felt that she would probably appreciate dinner with Murray a bit more... The Colonel stared at me for a few more long silent moments and then a sly and knowing grin crept onto her face... 'Murray's a good choice' and her grin grew a little wider. 'And I know that he'd love to meet her for... dinner,' the officer continued with a twinkle in her eyes. 'I believe that he met Chopingal at the Royal Gala... and I'd swear that I caught him humming the next day...'

So, ChopinGal... It's dinner at O'Malley's!
                              What a great reward!! My cholesterol levels will probably go up after a night of steak at O'Malley's with my favorite Jaffa! I'm sure he and his staff weapon may have a curfew on a weeknight, so I'll try to get him back to the SGC by midnight! (Gosh, I guess my blood pressure will need to be checked too!)

Thanks, Astro!
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 March 2005, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Sound messages Sam would put on Jack's computer:

Start up: Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Shut down: There's no place like home...there's no place like home.

Minimize: I'm melting! I'm melting!

Error: D'oh!

New Mail: You have new mail!
                                Perhaps you should check your memo box as well.

Edit:

Program error:

A programming error has occurred.
                                To forward a detailed diagostic
                                report and a command log file to
                                Colonel Carter, please press the
                                'forcryingoutloud' button now.

These are great and I just thought of an appropriate screen saver for O'Neill! Let Sam sneak one of those Femme Fatales glam shots up there ... he'll be handing his letter of resignation in next morning, while listening to your audio messages above!

Comment

Working...
                                X