X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    . Here's a pic to play with...

Guess That Episode

...or make up an alternate episode title...
    ...or make up a picture caption...
    Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping Website
    Technician to Carter: "So ... uh, okay if I pick you up around 7:00? Dress casual ... I'm not like Pete."

And, shamelessly, I direct fans to Man of the Hour at http://www.fanfiction.net/~chopingal Walter needs to get out more!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
      Morjana has posted a transcript of an interview with Amanda from MGM UK Stargate SG-1 DVD site, which apparently is on the region 2 dvds
      AT interview
      NC
      Thanks for putting this here at SaGC ... I just read the transcript and it seems that AT was hoping that, if S9 was picked up, Sam would try to deal with the aftermath of ...

Spoiler:

Jacob's loss and her breaking up with Pete. I love what she infers about the lengthy angst/UST between her and Jack ... and it's telling that she uses the word "broach" when describing what finally happens at end of S8. If "broach" means begins, opens ... then that leaves some room for Jack (even if he's not on camera) and her to still be working on what seems to be their new relationship. She makes no mention of Sam as leader though.

Amanda also mentions that the show here in America has finally become more popular and now she's even recognized on the street ... it seems that the Europeans and Aussies have always been the biggest fans of Stargate until SciFi television grabbed the franchise the past couple years in the states.

Good interview ... should make MajorSal happy and hopeful!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        You know I read her interview transcript and the thing I can't for the life of me understand is why Scifi waits until after the season is over to renew the show? Why make these people wrap up the end of the season not knowing if there will be another season. It just seems really bad in terms of writing really good season finales and season openers if you don't know when or if you are coming back. I understand the first two years were guaranteed with Showtime, but it must have been nerve wracking for the entire cast and crew to wrap things up every year not knowing if you would be seeing your co-workers again. I especially don't understand it when Stargate is one of the longest running Sci-Fi shows on television with higher rates in their eighth season than they have typically had over the lifetime of the franchise. What gives?? Very odd in deed.

ForeverSG1
        A really good point ... this happens every year ... poor cast and crew!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Technician to Carter: "So ... uh, okay if I pick you up around 7:00? Dress casual ... I'm not like Pete."

And, shamelessly, I direct fans to Man of the Hour at http://www.fanfiction.net/~chopingal Walter needs to get out more!

Aww, that story about Walter was so sweet!!

Comment

. Here's a pic to play with...

Guess That Episode

...or make up an alternate episode title...
            ...or make up a picture caption...
            Rename that episode: Finding T's Mojo

Caption:
            Walter: Ma'am, are you sure the Colonel won't figure it out it was us
            who did this?

Sam: Walter...walter....walter....I've been doing this to the Colonel
            for years. He has yet to figure out who's sending it. Besides it
            keeps him on his toes and makes him feel special that someone
            would go to such trouble.

Just relax... I've got your six.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 13 March 2005, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Now you take the golden papaya you picked up on level three
              and you feed it to the Dookie Bird of Doom. That'll make it drowsy and easy to beat. Now, along this corridor you'll meet up with Cronus, the final Boss of the game.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Amanda also mentions that the show here in America has finally become more popular and now she's even recognized on the street ... it seems that the Europeans and Aussies have always been the biggest fans of Stargate until SciFi television grabbed the franchise the past couple years in the states.

Good interview ... should make MajorSal happy and hopeful!
                It was very hard for Stargate to grab the American audience before it went
                to Scifi because it was on Showtime, a premium cable channel that you have to pay extra for to recieve, and most Americans don't subscribe to it. I think going to Scifi was the best choice they made because it allowed the franchise to become more mainstream and not limited to a select group. Whether you have cable or a dish Scifi tends to be on the basic package. We used to have Showtime with cable, but when we switched over to dish we chose not to add Showtime. In all honestly, Stargate would have been the only reason I kept it, but luckily I didn't have to make that decision.

I'm glad they are starting to see the numbers here in the States, with new fans just stepping into the gate, it may well mean that we could see a season 10. As long as the writing picks up and the actors appear to still enjoy going to work everyday, it's all good to me.

ForeverSG1

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                  Now you take the golden papaya you picked up on level three
                  and you feed it to the Dookie Bird of Doom. That'll make it drowsy and easy to beat. Now, along this corridor you'll meet up with Cronus, the final Boss of the game.
                  Ok, you have me curious. What exactly is a Dookie Bird of Doom.

BTW, where is everyone?? I feel like I've been talking to myself since
                  late last night!! Hehe

Comment

Carter was originally written as gardening... Amanda Tapping went to the writers and asked them if they could come up with something more appropriate for a woman who flew jets and wanted to be an astronaut - she said something along the lines of 'this woman's an adrenaline junkie' - how about having her riding a motorcycle or some such.

<snip>

According the the SciFi channel's epilogue summary for the episode Space Race, Carter's 'need for speed' is a basic part of the storyline.
                    <sigh> I wish they'd have shown and not told us about Sam's so-called need for speed, though.

Some file footage of a person on a motorcycle would have sufficed. Space Race the ep might have been named, but it was pretty static from a need for speed POV.

IMO.
                    Gracie

Comment

[QUOTE=ForeverSg1]Ok, you have me curious. What exactly is a Dookie Bird of Doom. [QUOTE]

<shrugs> Beats me; I don't play Monkey Island....

Wouldn't it be cool though, to have a Monkey Island type of game for Stargate? The Goa'uld could be the bosses for the different levels and SG-1 would have to collect all sorts of wierd archeological and scientific and Jaffa warrior related stuff to use against oponents or to unlock secret levels. This would be tons more fun than a dumb old first person shooter. ( No offense to FPS fans )
                      Gracie

Comment

JACOB: (Rather sarcastically, yet with a smile ) And blow the last chance I'll ever have at being right?

Dear, dear Jacob. Kudos to whoever writes for that character. He has been so consistently written throughout the series.

I have to say that next to Teryl, Carmen was my fav guest star on the series.
                        Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                          Dear, dear Jacob. Kudos to whoever writes for that character. He has been so consistently written throughout the series.

I have to say that next to Teryl, Carmen was my fav guest star on the series.
                          Mine too!! Anyone seeing a trend here regarding Sam?
                          Spoiler:

Not only do they kill off most of her boyfriends, but they kill off her best
                          friend and father as well. Poor, poor Sam.

Hmm, let's see...
                          Daniel's lost his wife.
                          Teal'c has lost his wife and lover.
                          Jack has lost his son.
                          I still see Sam getting the short end of the stick here.

ForeverSG1

P.S.S I do hope someone else wakes up soon. My goal is to reach 300 posts by the end of the day and it would be sad to have to do that speaking to myself.

Comment

Ok here's my next choice for ...
                            Guess that episode:

Comment

Ok, you have me curious. What exactly is a Dookie Bird of Doom.
                              It's a large, ferocious bird that eats a lot and ... oh, just let me say ... take a look at what Carter or O'Neill steps in at the beginning of Bane and you can see that this planet obviously has dookie birds flying overhead.

... I feel like I've been talking to myself since late last night!! Hehe
                              What am I?! Chopped liver?! LOL, yes, the thread is deserted this morning except for a couple outstanding and brilliant personalities ... am I beginning to sound like McKay?!

Comment

Ok here's my next choice for ...
                                Guess that episode:
                                Sam in CarterChic orange face mask: "I'm sorry, sir ... but I refuse to kiss you until all your blood work is done! Nothing personal, I screen all my dates."

Holy Hannah ... we did it, Forever! ... this is Post 3000 !! I think I get a Bean!

And now on to your 300th post! I'm sure the thread will get busy soon and you'll hit the mark by tonight! BTW, your posts are always fun to read and quite thoughtful.
                                Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 March 2005, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X