Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And... here is the Season 6 summary collection of SaGC episode comments:
    (and Coley, I did not forget you - will add yours in when you post on Sunday )

REDEMPTION skydiver I love sam and jonas moments. And the sam/mckay bits. especially the infirmary bits. this was a great team episode in the fact that they all worked together.
    NearlyCircular Sam whumping, a fun scene with Sam and Rodney in the infirmary- "I always wanted to be a pianist," the kiss on the cheek at the end, and the line, “I was more attracted to you when I did. (hate you)”

More Redemption Screen Caps
    Screenshot with some dialogue

DESCENT skydiver i just love thisone over all. the sam/jack drowning bits, sam trying to open the door. again, another good team episode
    majorsal the scenes where Sam and Jack are drowning. And then her trying to jury-rig the doors to open so they could get the heck out of dodge. I really liked that part, because it was one of the first times we saw Sam struggle under the weight of pressure. Not a lot, but I enjoyed seeing it.
    NearlyCircularThe near drowning scene where Amanda kept forgetting to tilt her head back and would choke when the water got in her nose, then looking like a drowned rat for the rest of the episode.
    astrogeologistOne of my favorite 'Sam Lines' was in the Season 6 episode 'Descent'
    when he tells her to be careful
    and she replies with perfectly pitched sufferance and humor 'Ye-es, Da-a-ad'
    ... just like any kid would answer their parent after hearing that said for what seems 1000 million times over their lifetime! Would love to get those two lines on an audio clip!

AT talks about the ‘almost drowning scene’

FROZEN skydiver oh the angst. and how sam, even when she knew she was feeling sick, didn't say anything

NIGHTWALKERS skydiver what is NOT to like about this one? Sam in charge, chaperoning the two aliens. her in full command of the mission. her gutsy moves at the end, injecting herself with that stuff. my only quibble, they just brushed off her second goauld possession...much li ke they did her near demise in Meta
    chopingal as Sky already said, what's not to like? Sam Carter going undercover with her team - Sam in charge - Sam getting goa'ulded again - Sam fooling the bad guys by injecting herself with the antibody - Sam getting to slap Jonas around - and, most importantly - Sam looking hot in black leather!
    majorsal Cool Sam! episode! Meaning, Sam was cool in it. She was in charge, she got to be funny, and she got snacked again!
    NearlyCircularSam in charge for the entire episode!!! That long coat looked fantastic. I liked the interactions with both Jonas and Teal’c, and she got some really good lines - “We have another tradition…it’s called hardened arteries” - “You guys aren’t nearly as smart as you think you are.”
    AgentDarkSam was in command basically, always great to see. Plus she seems to have a natural investagtive instinct - might be a bit of Scientist!Sam showing Some great lines in this episode and the Sam/Jonas banter was refreshing
    astrogeologist this was a Sam episode. I loved 'Sam in charge'... loved her reading Goa'uld on the laptop... lockpicking... that she figured out what the stuff in the syringes was for... and that she basically kicked-butt in the end! And... can't forget the *really cool* sunglasses! MIB!

]

NC's creen caps and Sam quotes from Nightwalkers

Sam to Jonas: "I'm going to go talk to the Sheriff. Keep an eye on Teal'c."
    Jonas: "Sure."

Sam to Teal'c: "Keep an eye on Jonas." (Now, that's leadership! )

Jonas: "You have got to teach me how to do that."
    Sam: "Wormhole theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking."
    Jonas: "Not necessarily in that order."

Singer: "The humans have no idea what's going on here."
    Sam: "Oooh, I wouldn't exactly say that. You guys aren't nearly as smart as you think you are."

ABYSS skydiver this is one of the first times that we see a unique characteristic of sam's...her willingness to accept 'odd bedfellows' to get the job done. thinking outside the box and teh ability to think up new allies when needed.

SHADOW PLAY skydiver umm, well this was mostly a jonas episode so i don't remmber much sam

THE OTHER GUYS skydiver when jack was getting cattle prodded, how sam yelled out 'he doesn't know anything', trying to protect her friend.
    Last edited by astrogeologist; 05 April 2005, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Part 2 of the Season 6 Episode Comments:

ALLEGIANCE skydiver i loved soldier sam, and scientist sam. quick thyinking under fire
      NearlyCircularSam gets to be hand-signal person in charge for her 3 person team, figures out how to rig an anti-cloaking device, and while Jack is doing his oh-so-dramatic 360 degree bullet spray, she manages to get the machine running.

CURE skydiver i loved the tension between her and jack over egeria. sam could empathize wtih the tok'ra, i think because of nearly suffering the same fate...dying/imprisoned for medical experimentation. and that comes head to head with jack's dislike of the tok'ra

PROMETHEUS skydiver more kick butt Carter. her coolness under fire with the reporter, nearly taking on the whole ship on her own, sam does die hard
      majorsal Sam did her best MacGyver yet. And she beat up some poopy head bad guys. Great fun.
      NearlyCircularSam in civies, easily handling the quesions by the ambushing reporter. Responding to Jonas questioning the cover story - Jonas: “Fairbanks?” Sam: “Better than Roswell.” Sam kicking butt, and as someone else said, Sam MacGyvering the radio.
      AgentDarkActually probably one of my favourite episodes of season 6 all together. You just have to suspend your disbelief at the X-303 being hi-jacked by a camera crew first though Sam MacGuyvering her way out of the storage hold was great

UNNATURAL SELECTION skydiver another example of sam's whacked out ideas. even under pressure she's always looking for a way out, an ally to charm
      chopingal Musical Version: Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You (sing along!) - Sam meeting Fifth - Sam feeling sorry - Sam sacrificing self - Sam following orders - Sam being miffed at Jack - Sam going to be in deep s**t ....
      majorsal all her scenes. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this ep. It felt alien. Sam betrayed Fifth... ah oh....
      NearlyCircularSam and Fifth, what a great introduction! This episode led to so much development for Sam in season 8. And I thought the planet just looked really cool.
      AgentDarkGreat episode. Introduction of Fifth, who we all know has some pretty big moments with Sam later on down the track. The trusting then the betrayl of Fifth by Sam made for some great viewing and her moral dilemma at the end was very well done
      astrogeologist I loved the part where Sam steps up and volunteers for Fifth to probe her mind. Loved the connection that she made with him. Didn't like the ending where she had to betray him... but she was following orders, and she did her duty. Tough call, though! And, of course, we all know where the seeds from this episode will lead!

SIGHT UNSEEN skydiver lol, well this one was just plain fun. and i loved the sam/jonas/hammond bits

SMOKE AND MIRRORS skydiver Sam was NOT going to quit until she cleared jack's name. now that's loyalty for you
      NearlyCircularSam in charge again, and good interaction with Barrett. Fast thinking at the arms dealer, another attempted break and enter, prevented when Barrett gets macho. The explosion scene is one where AT jokes about being a complete klutz.
      AT talks about the diving fall away from the exploding house

PARADISE LOST skydiver again, more of sam's loyalty. and i love the scnes with her and teal'c. just beautiful
      majorsal Sam felt like she screwed up. Sam missed O'Neill. That's a lot of emotions we had fun seeing Sam show. Well done, Amanda!
      NearlyCircular Sam whumping, Sam guilt, Sam mad at Dr. Lee, Sam and Teal’c in the locker room. (BTW if you want to read a couple of great episode tags for this, the following are by a two of our own, Change of Heart by Denise, and What Doesn't Kill You , by SG1Fanfic)

Comment

Part 3 of the Season 6 Episode Comments:

METAMORPHOSIS skydiver sigh...ambrosia for the angst slut that i am.
        sam being so stoic even as she knows she's dying. again the ending is a bit odd...she's too perky...but it was good fic fodder

chopingal as already mentioned - Sam in danger - Sam whumping by an old enemy (definitely not looking as good as Sam in black leather) - Sam leaning on Jack (aww ... sigh) - Sam needing the missing tag at end of episode to prevent the blood rushing to her head from bouncing back so quickly!
        majorsal Sam almost became waterwoman. Great scenes of her struggling with the pain and fear. The scene when Jack said she'd be alright, but Sam said 'I don't think so'... wonderful. And of course, her being taken out of the cell and looking back at Jack... she knew what was coming, but cracked a joke to relieve 'his' fear. Just great moments with Sam/Amanda.
        NearlyCircularSam teasing Jonas at the beginning, “Jonas, you are such a chickensh*t”, AT’s great performance as she slowly degenerates, and the look on her face when Evanov liquefied, snapping back into scientist mode when she’s barely been re-solidified.
        astrogeologist because it had great Sam whumping. First she takes out the two Jaffa, but then Nirrti is 'invisible' and zats her. One of my favorite scenes is when Jack is waking up in the cells and the camera pans over to the others... AT has a *great* muzzy, bleary look on her face to show that she had just woken up from her own zat shot. Also liked the part where Jack says: "You made it through. You’re gonna be all right."
        and Sam replies:"No sir, I don’t think I am."

DISCLOSURE skydiver clip show....not much to say

FORSAKEN skydiver still more of sam's unique alliances. she tried to charm aiden to get info from him. which is perfect strategy. and whumpage, got more whumpage
        NearlyCircularSam’s banter with Corso –“plugging your ship into my battery,” and Sam whumping

THE CHANGELING skydiver fire fighter sam!! does this rock or what? and the real sam moments with teal'c were also just stellar
        majorsal Firewoman Sam! Okay, it wasn't our real Sam, but I enjoyed seeing Amanda that way. And she was in charge! The Changeling = 'I Got To Ride in a Fire Truck!"
        NearlyCircularSam in charge even if it is in Teal’c’s dream, and we got to see AT’s husband!

Uber’s Screen Caps from Changeling

MEMENTO skydiver i loved seeing sam on the ship, technobabbling to save her little heart

PROPHECY skydiver this was so great. sam trying to ignore it when she was told she was going to be hurt. her scenes with jonas in the infirmary, being jonas' voice and advocate, then trying to do what she could to help her team
        majorsal Sam got hurt. Almost died. Good Sam whumping. Nice scene with her and Jonas in the infirmary. (I miss Jonas)
        NearlyCircularSam whumping, and the continued development of her friendship and support of Jonas

More screen caps and dialogue from Prophecy

FULL CIRCLE skydiver umm, as a whole, this one left me a bit underwhelmed,but sam does look cute in desert cammies. ooh, i remember, how about her hurt feelings when she realized that both jack and teal'c had seen daniel while they were dying but she hadn't. she, the one who mourned the hardest, got the least
        NearlyCircularI couldn’t remember a lot of good Sam moments in this one, until I watched it again and saw the scene where Skaara invites Jack to his wedding- Jack: “ I assume Carter’s invited too?
        Skaara: “Of course. Will you be coming together?”
        Jack: “As in?”
        Sam: “Friends going to a wedding.”
        Jack: “Yes, sure. Jonas?”
        I really wish that there could have been a better Daniel/Sam dynamic in this episode. It could have done something to address the issues we’ve all noticed with Daniel appearing to Jack and Teal’c, but not Sam.

astrogeologist Very cool when she used the red laser beam from her gun to activate the 'control' crystal in the wall. I also got a big kick out of her straightforward approach to getting behind the wall... she just shot the he!! out of the wall... not too safe when it comes to preserving artifacts, but beings that the bad guys could be heard coming down the stairs, there wasn't any time for finesse. It was a 'Sam gets to do a Jack O'Neill' solution to a problem in the field!

Last edited by astrogeologist; 11 March 2005, 07:10 PM.

Comment

i can't green you astro, but super bonus points for all your hard work astro
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

i know this isn't a caption contest but

'you want the shot where sir?????'
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Screen caps of some of the Sam's lighter moments from Threads

Daaaad! Don't embarass me in front of my CO!

Meet the Parent (and his 2000 year old house guest)

Meet the Other Woman

Kerry: "Well, this is awkward."
              Sam: "Ya think?'

BTW, I think the actress who played Kerry was the daughter on Coach. Does anyone else remember that series?

NC
              Last edited by NearlyCircular; 12 March 2005, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                Oh Yea Times Special

It has been reported today that a little flap has erupted on the normal tranquil streets of Samanda. Apparently the Accountant (of prude Brit Origins - and known as one of the three mother hens) who resides around middling in the pecking order of the Court, has had her feathers ruffled by a recent story doing the rounds on the streets. The accountant plucked this response from the top of her head and squawked - and this is quoted eggactly!

"Our dear Double Yolker seems to expect a retort, well I just want to point out to all the wooden planks out there who are egging one another on, that I'm calling it a case of fowl play. In our defence the supplied chickens were, in addition to being frozen, twice the normal size of our well honed Brit variety - as sure as eggs is eggs, it had an impact on the outcome! That’s all I wish to say on the matter".

All I need to say is that the Accountant has obviously put all her eggs in one basket and taken her bat and ball home for the day. I myself think she's well and truly beaten at this one! Guess we'll be treading on egg shells for a while…. Or not!
                My Dear Royal Accountant

I am scrambling around trying to find sufficient words with which to reply to your eggsagerated defense of the aforementioned issue.

Notwithstanding your eggsasperation, crying "fowl" to the size of the hens themselves seems a bit much. We all know that Yank ingenuity and growth hormones lead to big Macs and other oversized domestic products. With "big being better" ingrained in the national psyche, one should eggspect a larger variety of bird being eggsported across the pond.

Please refrain from putting all your eggs in one basket and do not duck the broader question of why this eggsperimentation on our poor, defenseless, feathered friends had to happen in the first place. I do not hear anyone clucking about the needless waste of leg and thigh for the greater good of humanity.

Instead of coddling these precious birds, we have taken to launching them into space based on some cock-eyed theory that their deaths would have an impact on our safety. It also grieves me to think that only the female of the species was sacrificed, without considering what contribution the male could have made. Obviously, what is good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander in this case.

Truthfully, neither gender should have been considered ... what a poultry act it was in the first place. Despicable!

Let us band together to assure that all hens get the tender, loving care they deserve and keep our sunny side up!

Yours devotedly,

Court Jester (who's no spring chicken herself)
                Last edited by ChopinGal; 11 March 2005, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                  BTW, I think the actress who played Kerry was the daughter on Coach. Does anyone else remember that series?
                  NC
                  Hey! I knew I knew her from somewhere! I found it amusing how for years I've been hearing comments like 'Jack is much too old for Carter...he's like 10-15yrs older. What would Sam see in him?' but isn't Kerry even younger? I mean she maybe nearly forty as well, but I just got the impression she was in her early thirties which would make her almost twenty years younger than Jack.

Laugh, funny cause I think we said something earlier that we thought Sam may have been going through a midlife crisis over the past year and I think Jack may have been as well. Keep waiting to see them both drive away into the sunset on their matching Harleys.

ForeverSG1

Comment

News Flash!! We interrupt this thread to bring you a special announcement!

I have finally found a sneak preview of Episode Six in Season 9. TPTB aren't releasing many details yet but here's the main plot ...

Spoiler:
                    While working undercover for NASA, Sam Carter goes off world on a dangerous mission to rescue Felger, Maybourne, and Kinsey.
                    Spoiler:

The working title of the episode is Chickens in Space!

Can't wait to see Carter in action!
                    Last edited by ChopinGal; 12 March 2005, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      My Dear Royal Accountant

I am scrambling around trying to find sufficient words with which to reply to your eggsagerated defense of the aforementioned issue.

Notwithstanding your eggsasperation, crying "fowl" to the size of the hens themselves seems a bit much. We all know that Yank ingenuity and growth hormones lead to big Macs and other oversized domestic products. With "big being better" ingrained in the national psyche, one should eggspect a larger variety of bird being eggsported across the pond.

Please refrain from putting all your eggs in one basket and do not duck the broader question of why this eggsperimentation on our poor, defenseless, feathered friends had to happen in the first place. I do not hear anyone clucking about the needless waste of leg and thigh for the greater good of humanity.

Instead of coddling these precious birds, we have taken to launching them into space based on some cock-eyed theory that their deaths would have an impact on our safety. It also grieves me to think that only the female of the species was sacrificed, without considering what contribution the male could have made. Obviously, what is good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander in this case.

Truthfully, neither gender should have been considered ... what a poultry act it was in the first place. Despicable!

Let us band together to assure that all hens get the tender, loving care they deserve and keep our sunny side up!

Yours devotedly,

Court Jester (who's no spring chicken herself)
                      LOL! Where's the emoticon holding it's head and groaning at all of the egg jokes?

I have finally found a sneak preview of Episode Six in Season 9. TPTB aren't releasing many details yet but here's the main plot ...

Spoiler:
                      While working undercover for NASA, Sam Carter goes off world on a dangerous mission to rescue Felger, Maybourne, and Kinsey.
                      Spoiler:

Felger, Maybourne and Kinsey??! Quick, we need a way to hide the planet! LOL! As frightening as the thought of those three guys together is - I really like the idea of Col. Carter working for
                      Spoiler:
                      NASA

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Season 7 poll. Well lots of great Sam episodes, but the choice is easy in this season.

Grace - A great episode for both Sam and Stargate in general. It had a very surreal feel to it and AT did a wonderful job of playing a concussed/confused Sam. We also got to see inside Sam's mind a bit here with her delusions seeing her teammates and also her personal issues. Particulary great Jacob scene in this episode as well.
                        Probably has to be one of my favourite SG1 episodes ever

Deathknell - Hooah! Soldier Sam! Sam only had a few lines in the entire episode, but whole escape and evade scenario was perfect. On the run, no-one to back her up, no weapons and hunted by a powerful warrior - oh yeah
                        Particulary like the McGyvering of the UCAV

Heroes - I voted for both parts 1 and 2, as they really dont seperate themselves from each other. From her nervousness at being in front of the camera, to her emotional scenes at the service, we really got to see Sam out of her element and just being a normal human being. The episode itself was really well done too.
                        The Sam/Teal'c moment with Teal'c offering his words for Sam's euology stick out the most for me.

And then there were the 'fun' Sam episodes, Space Race and Avenger 2.0. I enjoyed both of these episodes and it was great to see Sam in a more light hearted role.
                        Chimera had Sam in a dress... She looked good
                        Great Season 7 comments AgentDark - I have dutifuly begun a Season 7 summary list, with yours on top!

Comment

Now CG, I know you've been practicing but I can't always tell; that was a joke, right?
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by strixvaria
                            Great sig pic Strix! Sam with each of the guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

What planet are they on to get Stanley Cup hockey this year?
                              Well, I actually don't watch hockey, so I took a guess about the Stanley cup.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                Here's another pic to play with...
                                Guess That Episode

Photo is from the Yahoo Groups Carterfic Photo Archive
                                "I warned you not to touch my blue jello."

Comment

Working...
                                X