• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Here's another pic to play with...
    Guess That Episode

Photo is from the Yahoo Groups Carterfic Photo Archive
    Carter: "Yeah ... you ... I'm talkin' to you! Aren't you the guy who wrote Blue Feather?!"

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Possibly, but she was given a spot on SG-1 before she or really anyone else truly knew what types of surreal events would happen to them in the future. Yes, being a member of the military probably gave Sam a better understanding of dealing with dangerous situations and dealing with the stress but I'm not sure there is really any training someone can be given to prepare them for their mind to be totally removed from their own body and placed inside a computer.

But then again maybe after eight years that's part of the SGC training now.
      I can see Sam giving a lecture at one of the SGC's training facilities.

Alien Entity Survival Training 101

ForeverSG1
      Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Yeah - I can see the syllabus now in the Stargate Training Class Schedule for 2005-2006:

Goa'uld Symbiote Implantation 204:
      Learn the intricacies of how to endure the pain and degredation of being implanted with a Goa'uld symbiote against your will. Prerequisites for this course include: Alien Entity Survival Training 101 and the Art of Resisting Mind Control 124
      Now, I know I'm not one for whining...Wait. I do whine alot. Hmm... I'll post this little warning icon to alert you all when I'm about to start kvetching:

For the record, I really chuckled at my Stargate Training Syllabus excerpt...and not ONE person acknowledged it or giggled about it like I did...

Thank you

/ whining off
      Last edited by Uber; 11 March 2005, 03:35 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Several pages ago, there was a post having to do with the following:

Spoiler:
        Reckoning Pt 2 ... end of episode and the white light around RepliCarter and Daniel. I think it was Tok'ra who suggested that, maybe, RepliCarter was also swept up and ascended along with Daniel. Then, later, someone thought it didn't quite look that way ... I just re-watched my tape and I think it's hopeful that the white light envelops RC first and seems to be the same white light that then switches to Daniel. Wouldn't that be a great arc? RepliCarter somewhere in Ancient hyperspace along with Oma and Anubis and still around and kickin'. And Baal beamed himself up to never never land too.

Also, very important, especially if you're a S/J shipper ... final scene of Reckoning ... Sam in front of Jack's desk ... check out the final few words and then ... ta ta! ... the pregnant pause and Sam's facial expression as if she's wanting to say something more (about Daniel or about her feelings for Jack?) ... Jack a bit uneasy when she leaves and obviously thinking about something along the same line too ... either worried about Daniel or thinking about Sam ... MajorSal and MajorSam, I think this was a subtle touch leading into Threads ....

Okay, it's time to retire to my living room for the pleasure of seeing Threads in its entirety ...

Tonight, tonight won't be just any night ... tonight there will be no ... okay, I'll stop singing West Side Story and go watch the show!

Comment

Now, I know I'm not one for whining...Wait. I do whine alot. Hmm... I'll post this little warning icon to alert you all when I'm about to start kvetching:

For the record, I really chuckled at my Stargate Training Syllabus excerpt...and not ONE person acknowledged it or giggled about it like I did...

Thank you

/ whining off

Uber ... hold on, baby! I have to watch Threads and then start reading about 10 pages of back posts where I'm sure to find your brilliant and funny post about the training course! To be continued ... you are loved and respected!!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            Here's another pic to play with...
            Guess That Episode

Photo is from the Yahoo Groups Carterfic Photo Archive

no damn it!! i like my hair as it is!!!!!!
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

the season 6 poll has closed, and not surprisingly, nightwalkers is the winner

I know i said i might close it late, so astro, let me know when you snag your caps and i'll unstick it so it can sink out of the way

sigpic

Comment

Thank you / whining off
                We've been posting so much great stuff, it's been difficult to post replies to all of the great posts... so, in honor of Uber's post above, I trolled back through the last few pages for the more humorous posts (except for the poultry ones.... ...and I apologize if I missed anyone's post!)
                Originally posted by majorsal
                The Changeling = 'I Got To Ride in a Fire Truck!"
                Just to lighten the serious mood a bit. When I saw Amanda make this face it made me laugh out loud. My editing abilities didn't do her justice but hope you
                like it anyway.
                Guess that episode

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Sam (gritting her teeth): "Yeah ... these anger management classes suck!"
                Guess That Episode
                Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Oi Carter! Gimme back my GameBoy!
                Sir for the last time it is *not* a GameBoy!!!
                or for a rename
                Indulge the Old Crazy Man in his fantasies
                How about a silly caption:
                Carter: Sir, according to my tricorder readings, the trilythium is dead ahead.
                Teal'c: "Tricorder?"
                Jack" "Trilythium?"
                Carter (slightly embarrassed): Whoops. Wrong franchise.
                Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                Sam: "Sir, do we have to watch "The Simpsons" again?"
                Rename:"Warning: Excessive exposure to Naquadria may cause symptoms of paranoia, anxiety and schitzophrenia.
                Originally posted by jckfan55
                Sorry sir, this larger remote won't let me tune in the Stanley Cup game anymore than the last one would.
                Yeah - I can see the syllabus now in the Stargate Training Class Schedule for 2005-2006:Goa'uld Symbiote Implantation 204:
                Learn the intricacies of how to endure the pain and degredation of being implanted with a Goa'uld symbiote against your will. Prerequisites for this course include: Alien Entity Survival Training 101 and the Art of Resisting Mind Control 124
                Guess the episode: Prometheus
                Sam: This is definitely the last time I volunteer for these wind testing
                simulations. I hope I'm getting comp time for this.
                Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                "I've got to get around to fixing the hand dryer in this washroom."
                Guess That Episode
                Carter: "Yeah ... you ... I'm talkin' to you! Aren't you the guy who wrote Blue Feather?!"
                Originally posted by Skydiver
                no damn it!! i like my hair as it is!!!!!!
                All of these made me chuckle, laugh and smile. Thanks to all of you for sharing your humor and wit ... and for creating smiles in my life!
                Last edited by astrogeologist; 11 March 2005, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                  I need to spend some time in Samanda. I've been spending too much time in the real world where people call you a geek just because you wanted to finish your page of equations instead of going to the park.

Finally caught up to current page! Yay! Haven't been able to think up anything to say on most of your recent discussions. Sorry. Then again, maybe that's a good thing. I reread my last posts before I went away, boy do I have a big mouth! Why can't I keep my opinions to myself.

And here I go again.

Are we absolutely sure that we want Amanda Tapping to read our posts? I know there is a lot of positive comments on this thread, but I can't help but feel she might think we ARE all nuts, like Coley's friend did. And the last thing I would want is for her to think we are all crazy weirdo fans. You have to admit, for anyone who hasn't been following the thread regularly, we do seem a bit strange, and the court of Samanda isn't that easy to figure out if you don't know it, and most of all, going by what I've heard, Amanda would be super embarrased to be called Queen. I know I would find that horrible if I was her.
                  Just some thoughts.
                  I am officially a certifiable nut job...bonzo...wacko...as I always say...

"I'd rather someone consider me to be strange than boring."

I don't think Amanda would be offended... I mean she puts up with
                  Michael, Chris and Rick on a daily basis for eight years. She definitely
                  knows how to deal with people who are considered not quite 'the norm'.
                  I think she has a wonderful sense of humor and she'd be able to see pass
                  all the craziness to know that it's all fun. I don't think any of us would
                  truly bow down before her...

we might stumble for words...stare a bit... but it's all good.

Besides anyone with AT's sense of humor has to be a big crazy as well.

BTW, I just wanted to say I thoroughly loved her in Threads
                  Spoiler:
                  and even
                  though I knew about Jacob and had seen his death, I still broke down in
                  tears when I saw it again tonight.

ForeverSilly...ForeverSam...ForeverSG1
                  Last edited by ForeverSg1; 11 March 2005, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I just watched Threads and just had to say
                    Spoiler:
                    I felt so sorry for Sam when Jacob died. Amanda Tapping made Sam truly look heart broken. This episode allowed Sam to express such a wide range of emotions and AT pulled them all off.
                    sigpic
                    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

threads was very well done. and yes, i did like the warm fuzzies between sam and jack, but i also like the balancing job the writers did

Spoiler:

they gave ship conclusion/a pausing point, without writing themselves into a corner...and really, let it all stay open again. those that don't like ship can ignore it, those that do like it can see what they want

sigpic

Comment

And the Blue Jello Awards
                        for the Best Carter Episodes of Season 6
                        go to....

Nightwalkers
                        Paradise Lost
                        Metamorphosis

with Unnatural Selection, Descent, Redemption, Smoke and Mirrors and others
                        also all pulling strong vote counts. Lots of great Sam scenes!

Best Carter Episode Poll Results by Season:
                        Season 1: SaGC Thread page#43, Post#846
                        Season 2: SaGC Thread page#50, Post#983
                        Season 3: SaGC Thread page#70, Post#1389
                        Season 4: SaGC Thread page#88, Post#1751;
                        .....Season 4 Episode comments from SaGC members: Post 1752, 1753, 1754
                        Season 5: SaGC Thread page#117, Post#2338;
                        ....Season 5 Episode comments from SaGC members: Post 2339, 2340, 2341
                        Season 6: SaGC Thead page#147, Post#2921
                        ....Season 6 Episode comments from SaGC members: Post 2926, 2927, 2928 (scroll down this page)
                        Great Sam lines and quotes - along with NC's audio captures from episodes
                        SaGC Thread page 150, post 2983

And special thanks once again to Skydiver for creating and maintaining the polls for us!
                        Last edited by astrogeologist; 13 March 2005, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          threads was very well done. and yes, i did like the warm fuzzies between sam and jack, but i also like the balancing job the writers did

Spoiler:

they gave ship conclusion/a pausing point, without writing themselves into a corner...and really, let it all stay open again. those that don't like ship can ignore it, those that do like it can see what they want
                          Very well put. That part was left open to interpretation.

I have to say that I liked it better watching it for the second time. Maybe all the positive thoughts here have helped my outlook.

NC

Comment

ok, eps that got less than 5 votes

my fav moments of those

frozen - notice that sam was getting sick...and tried to hide it from janet. typical sam. also, gotta love the 'please'....that's the magic word for sam. she says it, the guys cooperate

forsaken - i know i said this in the other one, but sam getting whumped, and even admitting that she was hurting. i think that has to be a first

other guys - sam really wsn't in this one much, but i love her simply playing along. oh and her defense of jack whenherak was pain sticking him

full circle - eh, well, i'm not too fond of this one, but i did like the wedding moment

allegiance - sam and dad....what's not tolike? and her working iwth jack, being the good second during the investigtion

changeling - firefighter sam! what's not tolove

cure - i love the sam/jack tension over the tok'ra and egeria. i think the writers could have missed the ball by not having sam identify with egeria, but that's ok

shadowplay - sam was just there, but i did like her supporting jonas

sight unseen - she was so cute with jonas

disclosure - umm, well flashbacks don't count

memento - i like her working with gant and the promie crew. good soldier sam

sigpic

Comment

Season 7 poll. Well lots of great Sam episodes, but the choice is easy in this season.

Grace - A great episode for both Sam and Stargate in general. It had a very surreal feel to it and AT did a wonderful job of playing a concussed/confused Sam. We also got to see inside Sam's mind a bit here with her delusions seeing her teammates and also her personal issues. Particulary great Jacob scene in this episode as well.
                              Probably has to be one of my favourite SG1 episodes ever

Deathknell - Hooah! Soldier Sam! Sam only had a few lines in the entire episode, but whole escape and evade scenario was perfect. On the run, no-one to back her up, no weapons and hunted by a powerful warrior - oh yeah
                              Particulary like the McGyvering of the UCAV

Heroes - I voted for both parts 1 and 2, as they really dont seperate themselves from each other. From her nervousness at being in front of the camera, to her emotional scenes at the service, we really got to see Sam out of her element and just being a normal human being. The episode itself was really well done too.
                              The Sam/Teal'c moment with Teal'c offering his words for Sam's euology stick out the most for me.

And then there were the 'fun' Sam episodes, Space Race and Avenger 2.0. I enjoyed both of these episodes and it was great to see Sam in a more light hearted role.
                              Chimera had Sam in a dress... She looked good

Comment

LOL!
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X