Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    And here's a snapshot to play with:
    Guess That Episode

or...rename that episode...
    or...make a caption for this pic...
    Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping website
    Rename:
    "Warning: Excessive exposure to Naquadria may cause symptoms of paranoia, anxiety and schitzophrenia.

Comment

Grovels at the feet of the Keeper of the Flame

Any chance you can save summarising season 6 comments until sunday guv?

Comment

Calling for all great/funny/poignant/dramatic/etc 'Sam Moments' or 'Sam Lines' from Season 6.
        Or any great behind the scenes stories... Things AT said about filming the episodes, etc.
        (Am completing the archiving of Season 6 comments).

Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping Website
        Guess the episode: Prometheus

Sam: This is definitely the last time I volunteer for these wind testing
        simulations. I hope I'm getting comp time for this.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Yes, it's gotten to the point where I rarely venture onto other threads. (Mostly this one and the Thor/Sam ship thread which is hilarious.) Among other things, people get so p**** with each other over little things. The tone of a lot of posts seems to be (and sometimes the actual words) "only an idiot would think that." I went onto a thread titled something like "Should Tapping get her own show" and a guy attacked people who responded as people who couldn't tell the difference between a character and a real person. Geez, chill out already. We all here know Sam isn't an actual person, but we can enjoy getting into the spirit of the character and her "life." Gosh, isn't that what writers and actors do all the time? Sorry if I've come off as p**** myself.
          HELL YEAH!!! I'd love to see Amanda in her own show.
          That or a big screen movie. Preferably a comedy.
          I'd really like to see her step away from the sci-fi genre.
          She's as beautiful and talented, if not moreso, than most of the actress
          out there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            After blowing airplane windshields to smithereens with both thawed and frozen chickens, they eventually determined that the difference between thawed and frozen chickens was negligible when striking with that amount of force.

I laughed my a** off the whole episode.
            It was the idea of frozen birds flying around getting hit by planes, trains and space shuttles that really got me laughing.
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              Logs on in hopeful anticipation of friendly and interesting posts.
              Sees last few posts pertaining to chickens
              retires to brood over response!!!
              Oh Yea Times Special

It has been reported today that a little flap has erupted on the normal tranquil streets of Samanda. Apparently the Accountant (of prude Brit Origins - and known as one of the three mother hens) who resides around middling in the pecking order of the Court, has had her feathers ruffled by a recent story doing the rounds on the streets. The accountant plucked this response from the top of her head and squawked - and this is quoted eggactly!

"Our dear Double Yolker seems to expect a retort, well I just want to point out to all the wooden planks out there who are egging one another on, that I'm calling it a case of fowl play. In our defence the supplied chickens were, in addition to being frozen, twice the normal size of our well honed Brit variety - as sure as eggs is eggs, it had an impact on the outcome! That’s all I wish to say on the matter".

All I need to say is that the Accountant has obviously put all her eggs in one basket and taken her bat and ball home for the day. I myself think she's well and truly beaten at this one! Guess we'll be treading on egg shells for a while…. Or not!
              Coley! Once again you have astonished me... I'm beginning to suspect that you are only a humble accountant by day... that's your 'cover'... because when you come home, you change clothes and become 'comedy woman'... I don't think I've seen so many 'egg puns' and egg-plays on words in so few sentences! You *have* to write some SG-1 fanfic... Cartercentric... but full of humor! You and Chopingal should collaborate... no, wait... hold that thought... must wait until 'Head Trip' is finished... otherwise poor Sam will be left with Fifth!

Comment

Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping Website
                "I've got to get around to fixing the hand dryer in this washroom."
                Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  Sorry sir, this larger remote won't let me tune in the Stanley Cup game anymore than the last one would.

What planet are they on to get Stanley Cup hockey this year?
                  Gracie

Comment

I need to spend some time in Samanda. I've been spending too much time in the real world where people call you a geek just because you wanted to finish your page of equations instead of going to the park.

Finally caught up to current page! Yay! Haven't been able to think up anything to say on most of your recent discussions. Sorry. Then again, maybe that's a good thing. I reread my last posts before I went away, boy do I have a big mouth! Why can't I keep my opinions to myself.

And here I go again.
                    Coley: Hi I'm just explaining to my friend about Stargate SG1 (Can you imagine someone who doesn't know Stargate?) and I thought I'd show her the thread. She thinks we're all nuts!!!! I've been trying to force season 1 DVD box set onto her to watch but she's having non of it!! What can I say to her to persuade her - any ideas!!

Mind you I made the mistake of trying to explain The Court of Samanda to her, explained a few of the characters, a few posts and briefly went through the Oy Yea Times ...... Ohhh wait she's just running downstairs....putting her coat on.... Bev where the hell are you ........ Oh the door has shut, with her on the other side! There goes 30 years of friendship. Ah well you can lead a horse to water!!!
                    UberSg-1 Fan: Uber I wonder what Her Royal Highness would say if she came here or even knew about this place
                    Are we absolutely sure that we want Amanda Tapping to read our posts? I know there is a lot of positive comments on this thread, but I can't help but feel she might think we ARE all nuts, like Coley's friend did. And the last thing I would want is for her to think we are all crazy weirdo fans. You have to admit, for anyone who hasn't been following the thread regularly, we do seem a bit strange, and the court of Samanda isn't that easy to figure out if you don't know it, and most of all, going by what I've heard, Amanda would be super embarrased to be called Queen. I know I would find that horrible if I was her.
                    Just some thoughts.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I watched the episode with Urgo last night. I really liked Sam in this, she seemed to smile a lot. Sam doesn't seem to smile as much in season8. Another thing while watching earlier episodes is I've noticed that Major Carter seems sort of confident and happy and energetic. Colonel Carter in season8 seems a little bit nervous, and unsure of herself.
                      This is not critisism of Sam or Amanda, just something I've noticed. I am really enjoying watching early seasons, there are so many episodes that are good but that Id forgotten about.
                      And we had Moebius part1 on Thursday. It was good, but maybe not as good as I'd hoped. Will write a spoiler tagged post on it maybe tomorrow.
                      --deepspace

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                        "I've got to get around to fixing the hand dryer in this washroom."
                        hehe

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                        Are we absolutely sure that we want Amanda Tapping to read our posts? I know there is a lot of positive comments on this thread, but I can't help but feel she might think we ARE all nuts, like Coley's friend did. And the last thing I would want is for her to think we are all crazy weirdo fans. You have to admit, for anyone who hasn't been following the thread regularly, we do seem a bit strange, and the court of Samanda isn't that easy to figure out if you don't know it, and most of all, going by what I've heard, Amanda would be super embarrased to be called Queen. I know I would find that horrible if I was her.
                        Just some thoughts.
                        lol, but I'm sure that she could realize it for what it is - just some harmless fun She seems to come across with slightly quirky sense of humour - I'm sure she'd fit right in!

Oh btw, if you do ever read this Amanda, we gather at MajorSam's house every Tuesday night to act out the court!

Comment

And here's a snapshot to play with:
                          Guess That Episode

or...rename that episode...
                          or...make a caption for this pic...
                          Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping website
                          Sam: "Sir, do we have to watch "The Simpsons" again?"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                            Just some thoughts.
                            My sense is that although she might be embarrassed at first, AT has a tremendously well-developed sense of humor and would probably get a kick out of the whole queen thing, recognizing that we're just hamming it up...

That's just my thoughts...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Here's another pic to play with...
                              Guess That Episode

Photo is from the Yahoo Groups Carterfic Photo Archive

Comment

Re caption

"Damn it! Coronation Street's on in 5 mins and I can't get a decent reception!"
                                Hey Coley, this may be truer to life than you think because AT is a huge Coronation Street fan!!

Comment

Working...
                                X