Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Was that Night Terrors? - THAT was a *great* fic!
    And so was Mirror Image... and every other story that you've written!

that doesn't sound like night terrors. there is no mental torture in that one, just mucho angst and some whumpage
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

(((forever)))

we all have our down days and our grumpy days

it happens to everyone

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        The Changeling = 'I Got To Ride in a Fire Truck!"Sally
        That reminds me of one of AT's interviews where she was asked if she was looking forward to the upcoming season (I think it was going to be season 7 at the time)... and she admitted that while it was sometimes overwhelming and exhausting and such... and that she might like to do something besides Sam Carter... that being on Stargate was just plain cool... and then she cited the episode The Changeling...and she said something along the lines of... so here I am in this fire truck and we're racing down the street and I'm thinking 'How Cool Is This?'.. and 'How Lucky Am I'! (That is all paraphrased from my memory). At any rate, I think that AT would totally agree with 'I Got To Ride In A Fire Truck!' as a great subtitle for The Changeling... and I can just see AT's delightful smile as she says it!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          that doesn't sound like night terrors. there is no mental torture in that one, just mucho angst and some whumpage
          I'm thinking of this story where they are offworld... and they hallucinate... and the aliens (who don't have corporeal form) are feeding off of SG-1's terror. And I think at one point, Sam gets picked up by one of her feet and kind of tossed around the room? Errr... does that sound right?

Comment

Just to lighten the serious mood a bit. When I saw Amanda make this face it made me laugh out loud. My editing abilities didn't do her justice but hope you
            like it anyway.

Guess that episode

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Just to lighten the serious mood a bit. When I saw Amanda make this face it made me laugh out loud. My editing abilities didn't do her justice but hope you
              like it anyway.

Guess that episode

http://img192.exs.cx/img192/8280/monkey7dv.png

umm...prodigy?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

... All I'm saying is that it's not the end of the gender as we know it if they write some emotion, some reaction to some of the hell Sam's been through.

What emotional release Sam has shown since D&C is no worse than Solitudes, no more extreme than Singularity, but suddenly she's some weak, unqualified, undignified, poor excuse for an officer and a woman. Puleeze!
                Tok'ra, I'm with you on this ... yes, a woman may be seen as losing it when she expresses negative emotion, especially anger. But that doesn't negate the fact that all human beings have a healthy need to release their pent-up emotions and frustrations and, for cryin' out loud, Sam has eight seasons' worth of baggage!

Let the woman loose already ... I'd settle for one scene, well written ... if not in front of her teammates, then let her go into combat and do a Ripley Aliens type of whumpage of a system lord or some other enemy. We saw some of that frustration coming out in the elevator in Singularity ... take away the tears and add a bit more anger and voila ... high-octane Carter!

She'll be damned if she does, and damned if she doesn't ... so damn the torpedoes and have some fun with Carter letting it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  there is a great fic, maybe it's one of suz's, where the boys notice sam being very quiet and touchy...as in feeling leaves, picking up dirt, tracing her fingers over bark

i remember that jack talks daniel out of a hershey bar and gives it to sam who enjoys the smell and taste

I probably read it. I also remember one where Sam's sitting in a dark room, staring at her computer screen that she's afraid to touch. That's all I can remember of that fic, but I know I liked it a lot.

Another fic I liked, based on Entity, was called "ONE", by Pariskhevi Kalodimas. The synopsis was: "Missing" scene from Entity. Or, what was Sam thinking as the Entity was attempting to take over completely?

This was a very different fic, and a bit dark, but I just loved the originality and idea. I don't remember where I got it, but if anyone's interested, please email me and I'll attach the file to you in my reply. It was well worth it to me (obviously, since I saved it ).

Sally

(my em addy is [email protected] )
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

like it anyway.

Guess that episode

http://img192.exs.cx/img192/8280/monkey7dv.png
                    Sight Unseen?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      I probably read it. I also remember one where Sam's sitting in a dark room, staring at her computer screen that she's afraid to touch. That's all I can remember of that fic, but I know I liked it a lot.

Another fic I liked, based on Entity, was called "ONE", by Pariskhevi Kalodimas. The synopsis was: "Missing" scene from Entity. Or, what was Sam thinking as the Entity was attempting to take over completely?

This was a very different fic, and a bit dark, but I just loved the originality and idea. I don't remember where I got it, but if anyone's interested, please email me and I'll attach the file to you in my reply. It was well worth it to me (obviously, since I saved it ).

Sally

(my em addy is [email protected] )
                      The link for it at Heliopolis is here

Comment

Just to lighten the serious mood a bit.
                        Guess that episode

Sam (gritting her teeth): "Yeah ... these anger management classes suck!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

Oh! A favor from the Photographer Royal: Could you get me that screen shot closeup of Sam, framed by the bars of her cell in Demons? The particular shot I mean is after Teal'c is "dead" and laid out on the slab. It's late, and SG-1 are looking out at him, and Sam's got this really interesting look on her face.
                          I know exacty what scene you mean and I've got it! I'd used it as my desk top piccy at one time. Sam looked so despondent.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            I thought she was great in Prodigy when she took Hailey down a few pegs in the General's office...

She was very authoritative and had a commanding presence without trying to be masculine.
                            I agree. But at least to the audience, it was obvious she wasn't really angry when she did it in Prodigy.

I think a few of the contributing factors for her being bashed for losing her temper in later episodes (like Paradise Lost) are that a) she's losing her temper and showing it, b) she's taking her temper out on another person (unlike in Solitudes and Singularity), and c) she's taking her temper out on a *man.* Maybe the latter is not such a big deal, but I think there's a chance it contributes. (There are still a lot of men out there who feel threatened by strong, competent women. A lot fewer in younger generations, but the role of women in the military, for example, is still a very controversial issue.)

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              Sight Unseen?

Jello shot for you! It was when she was talking to Jonas she does a little
                              grunt and makes the funny face *hehe*. Just little moments like this when I really love Amanda.

ForeverSG1

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                Sam (gritting her teeth): "Yeah ... these anger management classes suck!"
                                Oh my, that's painfully funny!

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X