Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    By request of the Royal Seer of Stars (sorry astrogeologist, I don't know your Royal title ), Sam throughout Changeling.

Now since this isn't a Sam ep on any level (she's practically an extra), I can't do a character case study by scene. Instead, I've divided the sections up based on what she was wearing in which reality/non-reality:

Basic Black Shirt:

SG-1 Uniform:

Fire House:

Firefighter Gear:

Royal Seer of the Stars...! I like that!
    And the screen caps were fantastic - so much fun - and you do such a great job of capturing AT's facial expressions

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
      Here's the 3rd question and answer from that same post

3. When Sam returns, who will be in command of SG-1?

Joe Mallozi: When she returns, Mitchell is leading SG-1. Do you mean who will be leading the team
      when she re-joins SG-1?

He didn't answer the question about who's in charge, because he wanted clarification, but it does sound like at least she'll be back on SG1.

NC
      But what about this bit:
      JM has already said when Sam comes back Mitchell will be in charge but also said that he wasn't necessarily going to be over Sam.

How can Mitchell be in charge but not in charge of Sam if she's on SG-1? JM is sending contradictory info. as far as I can make out.

hrh, scrounging the Internet eagerly for spoilers of episode 6 - of either show in case Sam is in Atlantis. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by hrh36
        But what about this bit:
        JM has already said when Sam comes back Mitchell will be in charge but also said that he wasn't necessarily going to be over Sam.

How can Mitchell be in charge but not in charge of Sam if she's on SG-1? JM is sending contradictory info. as far as I can make out.

hrh, scrounging the Internet eagerly for spoilers of episode 6 - of either show in case Sam is in Atlantis. . . .
        I think it just goes to show that JM likes to throw out some hints and teasers, just enough to keep us all interested(and speculating.) He never really gives too much away.

NC

Comment

But what about this bit:

I know that JM has said that Mitchell will be in charge while Sam is gone.
          Where did he say that Mitchell will be in charge when Sam gets back?
          (Although that's what I'm expecting...*not liking*, but expecting)
          Last edited by astrogeologist; 09 March 2005, 09:20 AM.

Comment

But what about this bit:

I think they could do it if they had Sam as not a formal part of SG-1 (she has some other position), but she goes along on some missions with them with them occassionally. For those few instances, I suppose they would either say that Mitchell was in charge - or they just wouldn't address it in the dialogue. Kind of like when Jacob went along with SG-1... Was Jack truly in command of Jacob?
            Edited to add: Just want to point out that I don't like the scenarios above... I really want to see Col. Carter in command of SG-1. And while I don't mind the idea of Sam going off with the Tokra for the first 5 episodes, I was hoping for a more dramatic (heroic) storyline for AT's absence. Now I realize that things are going to have to be different for Sam Carter in Season 9 because of AT's new baby, but I'd like to close with: I really hope they *don't* make her a Tokra!

Comment

From Season 6
              Originally posted by chopingal
              Quote: "This is why we have plumbers, Carter ... you don't have to think you can fix everything on base! Enough with the superwoman already."
              Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
              Jack: "You're right; this is harder than it looks. I take back what I said about how synchronized swimming should not be an olympic sport."
              LOL!

The actors sure can be real troopers sometimes!
              Watching this scene in the episode Descent - it's not a very long scene (if you take out the cutaways to Jacob) - and yet I think the actors went through a tremendous amount of cold and wet (and spluttering) for those few seconds and minutes of screen time!
              Last edited by astrogeologist; 09 March 2005, 09:23 AM.

Comment

OKay I'm on for my marathon run - punctuated by a flying visit from someone mid evening. Before I set off I've just caught sight of the last photo. I'm probably repeating someone else's caption but I say

"Colonel, I'm tellin' you my tags are down there somewhere - Dive for them again!!"

or

"Shouldn't have had that curry last night!!"

or

"Hands up we include that cool James Bond pocket oxygen supply in our kit list!"

Comment

Rename that Episode:

Solitudes

"Damn, my butt is frozen!"

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    Edited to add: Just want to point out that I don't like the scenarios above... I really want to see Col. Carter in command of SG-1. And while I don't mind the idea of Sam going off with the Tokra for the first 5 episodes, I was hoping for a more dramatic (heroic) storyline for AT's absence. Now I realize that things are going to have to be different for Sam Carter in Season 9 because of AT's new baby, but I'd like to close with: I really hope they *don't* make her a Tokra!
                    same here. don't tok'ra her. i mean, they've never really dealt with jolinar so why do something that makes sam 'special'....which we all know they'll just ignore like they have jolinar. threads is the first time jolinar has been mentioned since Meridian. it's almost like they've gone out of their way to ignore sam's special talents...so i don't think they'll give her any more, especially since they've wasted what they already had established

I would love to think we'd see sam in charge, but i also am not holding out much hope for that. I just know that we'll get 15 episodes of sam and i'll just have to make due with those...and fill in with fic
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

For those of you who haven't read Astro's story 'What will it take', I highly suggest you do so. I just finished it this morning.

I'd definitely give it five blue jello's.

ForeverSG1

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        I think they could do it if they had Sam as not a formal part of SG-1 (she has some other position), but she goes along on some missions with them with them occassionally.
                        Maybe Sam will get some kind of Presidential promotion that makes her an ambassador with rank. (think Weir in Atlantis) Sam has always been the more diplomatic of the two officers on SG-1; depending on what kind of new enemy/allies they'll be making in season nine(and, no, I don't know. I'm a recovering spoiler addict; please don't make me fall off the wagon. ), they may need the services of an experienced field agent/diplomat.

In this way MM could be like Sheppard - be the military team leader, but he'd take his orders from Sam, the mission commander.

Would that work?
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

More Season 6 highlights

Screen caps and Sam quotes from Nightwalkers

Sam to Jonas: "I'm going to go talk to the Sheriff. Keep an eye on Teal'c."
                          Jonas: "Sure."

Sam to Teal'c: "Keep an eye on Jonas." (Now, that's leadership! )

Sam: "Nice lunch."
                          Jonas: "Mm. I'm really starting to enjoy this, uh, traditional American food. Mm."

Sam: "We have another tradition...it's called hardened arteries."

Jonas: "You have got to teach me how to do that."
                          Sam: "Wormhole theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking."
                          Jonas: "Not necessarily in that order."

Singer: "The humans have no idea what's going on here."
                          Sam: "Oooh, I wouldn't exactly say that. You guys aren't nearly as smart as you think you are."

NC
                          Last edited by NearlyCircular; 09 March 2005, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                            Maybe Sam will get some kind of Presidential promotion that makes her an ambassador with rank. (think Weir in Atlantis) Sam has always been the more diplomatic of the two officers on SG-1; depending on what kind of new enemy/allies they'll be making in season nine(and, no, I don't know. I'm a recovering spoiler addict; please don't make me fall off the wagon. ), they may need the services of an experienced field agent/diplomat.

In this way MM could be like Sheppard - be the military team leader, but he'd take his orders from Sam, the mission commander.

Would that work?
                            Hmmm Carter has always struck me as more soldier than diplomat. If anyone was to be made an ambassador it would be Daniel.

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                            When she returns, Mitchell is leading SG-1. Do you mean who will be leading the team when she re-joins SG-1?
                            He hasn't clarifed on his answer yet, but that seem that she will be rejoining her team. As to whether she's leading it or not well we'll just have to wait and hope JM posts about it again

hrh36 if you do happen to find anything in your scrounging, don't hesitate to inform us! (spoiler tags if nessacary of course. We don't want Gracie going into relapse )

Comment

Wail!!!! I've only got half way through!!!
                              I'll be back on friday!
                              Take Care everyone!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                                Wail!!!! I've only got half way through!!!

((((((Coley))))))

I feel your pain.
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X