Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Congrats to our gal, Sal!! Does she get her very own hand device?!
    Thanks.

(I love being called that (((chopingal))) )

And yes, my hand devise it pink, with blue and green trim.

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I just saw a funny video... Our queen was on a talkshow and she shared with them an outtake from Solitudes.

It isn't new so you probably all have seen/heard about it... but it's a hoot! She's really funny...I wish they'd let Sam lighten up a little more...

Here's the link if you haven't seen it before... (please download and save it)

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/at_solitudes.avi

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

spoilers for s8's reckoning(s) and gemini

Originally posted by Skydiver
        Brad/cj/pdl and all the rest
        Season 8

Spoiler:
        Gemini – PDL – another good Sam one, even ignoring her making mistakes. I think we get a glimpse as to just how much fifth messed her up, and maybe something she never told the boys. Maybe my personal feelings, but I think she just said 'I don't remember' rather than ever telling them all that fifth did. I think Sam was terrified of fifth, and didn't even want to admit it to herself.
        The sam/teal'c stuff was great and a total keeper. Replicarter is a fantastic villain and Amanda does evil so well.
        I do think this could have benefited from seeing more of Sam's fear rather than just guessing at it.
        Spoiler:
        I loved this ep! And I *really* like your thoughts on it, Skydiver. I think this is the ep that made me want to make this thread, because I was tired of hearing Sam being bashed for literally the same things the guys had done themselves at some time. And it's *always* the same ppl bashing her, with their *same* agendas... damned if she does, damned if she doesn't... But about the ep; I agree with eveything you said. The only thing I would have changed is Fifth dying. I like this storyline, so I wanted him around to help continue it.

The one thing I didn't like about RC in both Reckonings is that she didn't talk like Sam anymore. The script had her talking like every alien/non earthling (no contractions). I think it would have been even creepier if RC had continued to talk/feel like Sam, but still do the despiciable things she did in those eps (like killing Daniel).

Speaking of killing Daniel... I rewatched that ep last night, and now I'm not so sure that the same light that surrounded RC and Daniel was really the same light. It looked more like light started around Sam, but when the camera went over to Daniel (who I think was already dead), it showed the light shining on his left side, where RC was... so maybe that light was the replicater killing beam and it just showed across Daniel's face. But you never know!

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hrh36

If she's in Atlantis, maybe she should stay there?

hrh
          I hope not, I don't watch Atlantis.

Sally, fearing they're screwing up Sam's position on Sg1 and ship...
          Last edited by majorsal; 08 March 2005, 11:23 PM. Reason: because
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            Hmmm... this brings me back to my earlier idea that they might have Sam as the spoilers for seasons 8&9
            Spoiler:
            new liason with the Tokra - taking over her father's 'liason' position... puts her offworld to explain AT's absence... provides another reason for why they wrote Jacob's death in Threads (other than ship). I just hope that they don't Tok'ra her with a goa'uld!... and I could so see them doing it... the character of Sam Carter would change from the military scientist into the Tokra alien secondary character that Jacob was... although that would allow them to write flexibly for AT's new life with a baby.

I don't like the implications of SG-1 being surprised when Sam comes back. However they are setting this up, it certainly doesn't bode well for Sam being in command of SG-1.

Uh, this whole thing is making me feel

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Jack: "You're right; this is harder than it looks. I take back what I said about how synchronized swimming should not be an olympic sport."
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                By request of the Royal Seer of Stars (sorry astrogeologist, I don't know your Royal title ), Sam throughout Changeling.

Now since this isn't a Sam ep on any level (she's practically an extra), I can't do a character case study by scene. Instead, I've divided the sections up based on what she was wearing in which reality/non-reality:

Basic Black Shirt:

SG-1 Uniform:

Fire House:

Firefighter Gear:

Dear Royal Photographer

You are already proving yourself invaluable to the Court of Samanda.

Wonderful images for the Queen's royal family album. We are immensely grateful for your talent. The Royal Seer is better known as Keeper of the Flame.

Cordially,

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  I just saw a funny video... Our queen was on a talkshow and she shared with them an outtake from Solitudes.

It isn't new so you probably all have seen/heard about it... but it's a hoot! She's really funny...I wish they'd let Sam lighten up a little more...

Here's the link if you haven't seen it before... (please download and save it)

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/at_solitudes.avi
                  Thanks, this was great! and yes I wish too that the funny side of Sam can show through a bit more ... from what I hear, it will in Moebius.

I heard this ad-lib before and am hoping it will be included in the bloopers/outtakes DVD whenever TPTB finally smarten up and realize that a DVD of SG1 Bloopers will sell!

Comment

Thanks, this was great! and yes I wish too that the funny side of Sam can show through a bit more ... from what I hear, it will in Moebius.

I heard this ad-lib before and am hoping it will be included in the bloopers/outtakes DVD whenever TPTB finally smarten up and realize that a DVD of SG1 Bloopers will sell!
                    sam is funny in moebius. and it's more humor that youhave to watch for. youhave to keep an eye on her facial expressions and the such. our sam is rather reserved and quiet....the sam you see in moeb is more open and expressive....and utterly adorable!!
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

the one thing going against bloopers.....i know that tptb know we'd like them. trust me, they've been harrassed at ever single con and chat and know that the demand is out there

However, when david and i got the chance to tour rainmaker studios, we got to see racks of tapes.....the tapes they shot from each camera. in a single DAY they can have as much as 12-20 hours of footage, depending on how many units are going and how much they shoot and how many cameras they use

it's too early to do the math but just imagine how much tape/film is out there after EIGHT years of taping. so there's got to be thousands and thousands of hours of tape to go through.

they'd literally have to hire people just to go through it (Hello!! Me? I'll do it!!!)

but that's the one stumbling block, there's so much to go through and not enough hours in the day to go through it all

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        spoilers for s8's reckoning(s) and gemini

Spoiler:
                        I loved this ep! And I *really* like your thoughts on it, Skydiver. I think this is the ep that made me want to make this thread, because I was tired of hearing Sam being bashed for literally the same things the guys had done themselves at some time. And it's *always* the same ppl bashing her, with their *same* agendas... damned if she does, damned if she doesn't... But about the ep; I agree with eveything you said. The only thing I would have changed is Fifth dying. I like this storyline, so I wanted him around to help continue it.

The one thing I didn't like about RC in both Reckonings is that she didn't talk like Sam anymore. The script had her talking like every alien/non earthling (no contractions). I think it would have been even creepier if RC had continued to talk/feel like Sam, but still do the despiciable things she did in those eps (like killing Daniel).

Speaking of killing Daniel... I rewatched that ep last night, and now I'm not so sure that the same light that surrounded RC and Daniel was really the same light. It looked more like light started around Sam, but when the camera went over to Daniel (who I think was already dead), it showed the light shining on his left side, where RC was... so maybe that light was the replicater killing beam and it just showed across Daniel's face. But you never know!

Sally
                        Sally ... if you really were into the whole Replicators arc and Sam and Fifth's relationship, then please check out Head Trip at my fanfiction site. You may enjoy my take on what "could have happened".

http://www.fanfiction.net/~chopingal

And stay positive about S9 and Sam ... nothing is really confirmed yet ... TPTB will keep us all in the dark because it's a good sell.

Spoiler:
                        I wouldn't mind her helping the Tok'ra to fill Jacob's place but I wouldn't be comfortable with her becoming a host again as Astro mentioned ... I just think that would be too brutal and weird ... who knows?

BTW, my story has some Jack/Sam ship in it ... and more to come. That will cheer you up!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          the one thing going against bloopers.....i know that tptb know we'd like them. trust me, they've been harrassed at ever single con and chat and know that the demand is out there

However, when david and i got the chance to tour rainmaker studios, we got to see racks of tapes.....the tapes they shot from each camera. in a single DAY they can have as much as 12-20 hours of footage, depending on how many units are going and how much they shoot and how many cameras they use

it's too early to do the math but just imagine how much tape/film is out there after EIGHT years of taping. so there's got to be thousands and thousands of hours of tape to go through.

they'd literally have to hire people just to go through it (Hello!! Me? I'll do it!!!)

but that's the one stumbling block, there's so much to go through and not enough hours in the day to go through it all
                          Thanks for the feedback on this, Sky - it's neat that you got to take the tour with David (Reed?) ... LOL ... Holy Hannah, wouldn't this be the job from heaven? Poring over all the footage of SG1 moments and finding the gems? It may be, though, that from what you've told us ... there would be several tapes to be made ... RDA continually interrupts shooting with his craziness, right? Hmmm ... now that's he's bowing out, the camera crew won't use up as much film!

Comment

Here's a shot from my one of my favorite scenes in Season 6

Photo is from the Official Amanda Tapping Website.
                            Jack: "This is why we have plumbers, Carter ... you don't have to think you can fix everything on base! Enough with the superwoman already."
                            Last edited by ChopinGal; 09 March 2005, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Full Circle screen caps

Skaara asks Jack if he and Sam are coming to his wedding together. To which Jack responds "As in?"

And Sam answers "As friends going to a wedding." Jack, obviously relieved, says "Yes, sure. Jonas?" and escapes.

The rest of the pictures are of Amanda and Alexis' reactions after Jack leaves. I really liked the smile they share at the end.

NC
                              Last edited by NearlyCircular; 09 March 2005, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on this, Sky - it's neat that you got to take the tour with David (Reed?) ... LOL ... Holy Hannah, wouldn't this be the job from heaven? Poring over all the footage of SG1 moments and finding the gems? It may be, though, that from what you've told us ... there would be several tapes to be made ... RDA continually interrupts shooting with his craziness, right? Hmmm ... now that's he's bowing out, the camera crew won't use up as much film!
                                yep, it was that david. and yes the job would be fun, tedious but fun.

there is also another stumbling block....the taste of some of the outtakes. sometimes folks say/do things when they flub that they may not want the whole world to know.

it's not just lookng through the flubs, you'll have 10 takes of a scene from 2 camera angles maybe and you have to go through all that...a good portion of the outtakes and flubs just aren't funny or appropriate to be published

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X