X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just popping in quickly before I leave.

SPOILERS FOR THREADS:

Spoiler:
    I have heard that the episode Threads aired on channel7 here in Australia was a cut-down version. Maybe this is why I felt it was rushed. Anyone who has watched the full version probably has no idea what I was talking about in my last big post! Channel7 has been doing this a lot, mostly because we haven't had Atlantis air here yet. Hmm, maybe my whole opinion on this episode will be different when I see the full version one day. I sure hope they don't edit anything out of the next episodes.

And about Jacob saying that Sam only joined the airforce because of him. In a way I feel that's true, but also it contradicts her other reason for joining as being her dream to be an astronaut. So I don't know, it sort of fits but it doesn't.

I know that picture, but what is the episode called... Sam, Janet, I think it has to be from season6... ooh, I'll have to leave it to someone else who knows their Stargate episodes backwards.

See you all later

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Guess That Episode
      Originally posted by jckfan55
      Allegiance? We don't often see Janet in cammo.
      And Jckfan55 nailed it! Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

I have to say green isn't my favorite color. Great picture of
        Amanda but don't care for the background choice. So I thought
        I'd play with this picture a bit and make it a bit more playful.
        Fun fun fun.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular

Thinks to self, "must get mind out of gutter".

NC
          Listen, Wise Elder, we may have to call you Royal and Raunchy Wise Elder if this keeps up!

In that context, I prefer brass, myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            I have to say green isn't my favorite color. Great picture of
            Amanda but don't care for the background choice. So I thought
            I'd play with this picture a bit and make it a bit more playful.
            Fun fun fun.

HAHAHA, Bubbles!!! *loves bubbles* good job, I love messing around with pics like that. I want to see some more of your manipulations!!!

*three thumbs up*
            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
              HAHAHA, Bubbles!!! *loves bubbles* good job, I love messing around with pics like that. I want to see some more of your manipulations!!!

*three thumbs up*
              Grin, I always feel like Urgo when I'm playing with pictures...

*looks at picture and thinks to self*

B-O-R-I-N-G!!

OoOoOoO... let's add orange and a bowl of jello!!!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Comment

ooh, i was just watching the Dirctor's series for Avatar, on the latest DVD and i have a new one to add to our list

TBA

The Brilliant Amanda

a phrase coined by the queen herself
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  ooh, i was just watching the Dirctor's series for Avatar, on the latest DVD and i have a new one to add to our list

TBA

The Brilliant Amanda

a phrase coined by the queen herself

LOL, now you have me curious as to what Amanda would be discussing to use the phrase 'The Brilliant Amanda' on herself. Does she do the commentary for Avatar? I hope she does more this year. I like AT and Martin the best.

*oooh my 200th post* NICE!

ForeverSG1

Comment

it was discussing the openings on the dirctor's schedule...and how she wanted to direct so said that TBA (which means to be announced...ie the dirctor hadn't been assigned yet) meant 'the brilliant amanda' or 'to book amanda'...her way of saying 'hey, i wanna direct'
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

OH YEA WE SAY TIMES - SPECIAL GALA EDITION
                      (Written by Coley Edited by ChopinGal)

Headlines

Gala Event Exceeds Expectations
                      The Royal Gala exceeded all expectations leading Times reporter revealed - Full story below

Other News

Financial News
                      Jesters Joke Of The Week (new feature)
                      Regulars:
                      Advertisements
                      Small Ads

Press and Paparazzi Paradise

That is how The Times new top reporter (T Wistenthenshout) described last weekend's Royal Gala.

The event got off to a slow start when the President insisted on personally checking that all ticket holders were wearing genuine Carterchic boots and not the cheap copies that have been running the streets recently. During this check the President also took the opportunity to insist all boots were shined to her own exacting standards. Boot polish was on sale at the ticket desk for 5 beans, a marketing opportunity milked to the full by the Accountant.

The Royal Census Taker checked off the guest list and reported that everyone with a special invite had turned up - (and more importantly left intact). She was showcasing her very special gift from the queen, (for her recent hard work pertaining to opinion polls), of a trillium cased fountain pen - which, unsurprisingly, was met with envious glares from the rest of the Court.

The dress, though formalised Carterchic and orange, provided a wide variety of fashion statements. The President herself took the opportunity to show off her well honed body with a tight cropped sleeveless number, with orange/black tartan kilt, the other noteworthy garment was that worn by the Royal Jester, who gratuitously displayed her assets to their fullest potential with a low cleavage delight which set tongues wagging from the start.

Prior to the dinner a charity competition was announced in honour of the Queens forthcoming 'event'. As the "guess the sex and weight of the baby" competitions have already done the rounds, it was decided to throw an early "guess the baby's first words" competition, which was a huge success. Entries included:

Mother Kree!
                      Aren't you on telly?
                      If you're gonna smile all the time I need sunglasses!
                      I want Blue Jello!
                      Can I go blow up the neighbour's house?
                      Right I'm off to my lab to analyse this baby food stuff you insist on spooning down me!

The Queen herself will chose the suggestion she favours most at the end of the month!

The dinner was a complete success, but not withstanding a kitchen melee when the Chef for the Night (The Keeper of the Flame) insisted on trying out the new flame keeping equipment - running off a gas mixture - for an alternate purpose - that of char grilling the O'Neillean Fish. As a consequence anyone spotted around the Kingdom without eyebrows was most definitely a helper in the kitchen last weekend. The O'Neillean fish had a decidedly crunchy crust, which thankfully appealed to the palette of the Court.

It has also been discovered, after a tip off, that the Chef, under instruction from the President, blended the Kingdoms Royal desert (blue jello) with a potent relaxant believed to have originated from the Accountant's personal distillery. After Dinner the festivities certainly livened up!

The Accountant who had volunteered to be speaker for the night lasted a mere 10 seconds on stage (the Vice President won the sweepstake), after misguidedly choosing the opening sentence for her after dinner speech as "Dear Samandans…...According to our scientists, it is theoretically possible…" whereupon she was floored by a projectile from unknown origin. (Though the accuracy of the shot must throw suspicion in the direction of the President). There ensued a bit of a scuffle between the Accountant and Royal Scribe, who it is thought had a degree of input into the Accountants speech.
                      The turn of events was a shame as I have read the speech transcript and it was in fact a hilarious parody. No payment was accepted in the formulation of this opinion!

With the official proceedings over the event was turned over to the irrepressible Murray and his Merry Minstrels - which is where the event really livened up. Throwing his usual repertoire to the wind, a less than sober Murray cranked up his Minstrels and whacked out a mixture of Hip Hop, Bee Bop, Hop Scotch that didn't stop!

A number of undercover reporters mixed with the revellers at great risk to ensure all the gossip could be brought to the Times readers.

The Mother Hens, The Wise Elder, The Court Jester and the Royal Accountant for once split ranks with an obvious agenda and assault plan of military precision. The Court Jester made a beeline for the smouldering Keeper of the Flame (Keeper) who had just emerged from the kitchen. The Jester was observed handing over a not unsubstantial quantity of brown beans, whereupon the Keeper went into the kitchen and returned with 3 glass goblets of Samandan Blue Jello. The Accountant and Elder flanked the stage and were met by the jester who handed over one goblet to each.

The Elder then fell back into the shadows where it has been reported she delivered the irresistible, and suspected trebly potent, desert to the Head of Security. The Jester passed up her desert to Murray who downed it in almost one to the backing music of his minstrels. The Jester merely had to take a ringside seat and let low cleavage and alcoholic imbibement reap it's inevitable reward.

At a very brief interlude the Accountant ensured all three backing Minstrels sampled Jello from the remaining goblet. The Accountant, uncharacteristically sober, had that glint in her eye usually reserved for bean counting.

The President emerged from the dancing throngs to make her usual request of an autograph from the Celebrities. A permanent marker and her torso were thrust at the accommodating Murray and his Minstrels, much to the consternation of the Jester and the Accountant. Just as it looked as though all was lost for the pair, the quick thinking Jester diverted the President with a list of visiting dignitaries the President had to consort with and the plan was back on track.

Meanwhile the Head of Security was having to dig deep into his reserves of hide and not be sought techniques and was seen throughout the night under tables, behind curtains, in the kitchen with the Elder hotly in pursuit.

The Vice President was frequently seen mixing with the crowd and asking what the event was in aid of. The quick thinking President had kindly used her permanent marker to annotated the Vice's fluro' orange shirt with her name (MajorSal) to aid in identification at the end of the event and the inevitable question…."Who am I?".

The event lasted into the wee hours and at close of play it was left to the ever sensible and most mature Royal Paige (who was not allowed to sample the Jello desert) to guide everyone to the waiting cabs for their journey home. For this kind act the Paige has been awarded by unanimous decision of the Court a heart bean for watching over and accounting for all court members during and after the event.

It was noted that the Court Jester left the event in the arms of the very Merry Murray and the pair were noted to have pieces of foliage in their hair. The Accountant emerged from behind the stage with all 3 Minstrels looking very pleased with herself and the Head of Security was found in a compromising position with the Elder, who, judging by the look on the Agent's face had shown the oh so snared chap an old trick or two.

The negatives to the compromising photographs can be purchased from the Times special photographer (ForeverSG1) at extortionate prices.

Comment

Financial News

The Editor apologises for the shortened section of the Financial News.
                        Our financial correspondent attended the Accountant's house at the allotted time of 11a.m. Monday morning. The knock on the door was met by a grappling at the first floor window, a glimpse of the Accountant wrapped in a bed sheet with red glow to her cheeks. She duly threw a stone from the window wrapped in the following uncharacteristically brief and vague report

Beans coming out of our ears!!!!

Jester's Joke Of The Week (Courtesy of the Vicar of Dibley)

There was this nun - and she was having a bath. There's this knock at the door.
                        She says, "Who is it?" and the reply comes
                        "It's the blind man!… Can I come in?"
                        She thinks for a minute and then says
                        "Yes alright then, come in!!!"
                        So this chap comes in and says:
                        "Nice tits!…. Where do you want me to hang the blinds?"

Advertisements

Ever watched an episode of Stargate and were afraid to smile afterwards? Well, fear no more! Dental Solutions has the answer. Specially formulated whitening toothpaste guaranteed to lift your teeth - whatever the condition - to the brilliance of Samantha Carter's.
                        Just brush on in a circular action for 5 minutes 3 times a day for just 4 weeks and you too could force your friends into shades! Only £10 for the 4-week course - supplies limited.

Small Ads

Wanted - Supply of butane/propane gas canisters - respond to Astrogeologist
                        Wanted - Fabric preserver, must protect against mould, mildew and moths - respond to MajorSam
                        Wanted - Supply of Ginseng and Sanatogen Gold - respond to Nearly Circular

For Sale - One parachute - never been used - respond to Astrogeologist

Book Corner

Wanted - How to Speed Read by I. Z. Decevus - respond to Deepspace

Wanted - Digital Imagery for the Highly Advanced - respond to ForeverSG1

Wanted - Disguise Yourself - author unknown - respond to ChopinGal

Wanted - Coping With Women - A guide for the man trying to coping in a female dominated environment. Includes a quick reference - "Topics to Avoid", and "The Top 20 Things Not to Say to a Woman" - By The Wise Elder - respond to Agent Dark.

For Sale - Train Yourself Into and Out of Childbirth - A keep fit guide for the completely insane. Includes before and after pelvic floor exercises. - by The Queen - respond to The Royal Paige - 10 signed copies on a first come first served basis.

For Sale - Life as A Moderator - If Only You Knew, Well you now can - an amazing and eye-opening account of a Thread Moderators experiences of on line activities on one of the most popular forums on the net - by Royal Census Taker - respond to Skydiver.

For Sale - The Worlds 20 Biggest Vertical Drops - Completely without safety advice - by The Keeper of the Flame - respond to Astrogeologist.

For Sale - Speech Writing for Beginners - How to grab your audience and not lose them - By R. U. Kidding - respond to Tok'raHostess

For Sale - Speech Writing for Beginners - How to grab your audience and not lose them - By R. U. Kidding - respond to Coley

Lost and Found

Lost - 1 Virginity! Not needed to be found - The Royal Accountant.

Found - 1Pr Carterchic Boots - size 5 (annotated CG) and one pair of Minstrel's Slippers (annotated M) found in the Royal Glade. - Respond to Forever SG1 bearing huge sack of beans!!
                        Last edited by Coley; 06 March 2005, 02:20 PM.

Comment

ROFLMAO! Thank you Coley!!

NC

Comment

Some of my favorite Sam moments in season 6

Redemption – Sam whumping, a fun scene with Sam and Rodney in the infirmary- "I always wanted to be a pianist," the kiss on the cheek at the end, and the line, “I was more attracted to you when I did. (hate you)”

Descent – The near drowning scene where Amanda kept forgetting to tilt her head back and would choke when the water got in her nose, then looking like a drowned rat for the rest of the episode.

Nightwalkers – Sam in charge for the entire episode!!! That long coat looked fantastic. I liked the interactions with both Jonas and Teal’c, and she got some really good lines - “We have another tradition…it’s called hardened arteries” - “You guys aren’t nearly as smart as you think you are.”

Allegiance – Sam gets to be hand-signal person in charge for her 3 person team, figures out how to rig an anti-cloaking device, and while Jack is doing his oh-so-dramatic 360 degree bullet spray, she manages to get the machine running.

Prometheus – Sam in civies, easily handling the quesions by the ambushing reporter. Responding to Jonas questioning the cover story - Jonas: “Fairbanks?” Sam: “Better than Roswell.” Sam kicking butt, and as someone else said, Sam MacGyvering the radio.

Unnatural Selection – Sam and Fifth, what a great introduction! This episode led to so much development for Sam in season 8. And I thought the planet just looked really cool.

Smoke and Mirrors – Sam in charge again, and good interaction with Barrett. Fast thinking at the arms dealer, another attempted break and enter, prevented when Barrett gets macho. The explosion scene is one where AT jokes about being a complete klutz.

Paradise Lost – Sam whumping, Sam guilt, Sam mad at Dr. Lee, Sam and Teal’c in the locker room.
                            (BTW if you want to read a couple of great episode tags for this, the following are by a two of our own, Change of Heart by Denise, and What Doesn't Kill You , by SG1Fanfic)

Metamorphosis – Sam teasing Jonas at the beginning, “Jonas, you are such a chickensh*t”, AT’s great performance as she slowly degenerates, and the look on her face when Evanov liquefied, snapping back into scientist mode when she’s barely been re-solidified.

Forsaken – Sam’s banter with Corso –“plugging your ship into my battery,” and Sam whumping

The Changeling – Sam in charge even if it is in Teal’c’s dream, and we got to see AT’s husband!

Prophecy – Sam whumping, and the continued development of her friendship and support of Jonas

Full Circle – I couldn’t remember a lot of good Sam moments in this one, until I watched it again and saw the scene where Skaara invites Jack to his wedding- Jack: “ I assume Carter’s invited too?
                            Skaara: “Of course. Will you be coming together?”
                            Jack: “As in?”
                            Sam: “Friends going to a wedding.”
                            Jack: “Yes, sure. Jonas?”

I really wish that there could have been a better Daniel/Sam dynamic in this episode. It could have done something to address the issues we’ve all noticed with Daniel appearing to Jack and Teal’c, but not Sam.

Wow, long post. Season 6 must be one of my favorites. Oh, and I voted for Nightwalkers, Metamorphosis, and Unnatural Selection.

NC

Comment

My Dearest Royal Editor and Colleague

Methinks the latest edition of our Royal Paper has certainly surpassed itself. (Considering that this is only the second edition, this may not be as noteworthy as I think.)

However, I must congratulate you and your reporters for capturing the flavour (albeit slightly charred) and the emotion (albeit slightly high) and the camaraderie (does snogging fit here?) of the citizens and court of Samanda as they celebrated, somewhat in excess, the Royal Gala of Samanda.

Indeed, by all reports (and glazed appearances) we can pronounce the event a Royal Success!! Beans for all! Blue Jello for some! Chastity belts for the chosen few!

It is most unfortunate that our Queen was indisposed and could not see for herself what a delightful and gregarious group of subjects she has. Even as I traveled to the royal court this past week, I could still see vestiges of the candles from the dining tables scattered throughout the hillside and still burning. Oh yea, I even heard laughter and twittering coming from the bushes! Which left me to conclude that the royal party was still continuing amongst a gay citizenry burning their candles at both ends and earning their proud titles of vestigial virgins ... er ... surgeons, yes, vestigial surgeons. Upon closer investigation, it was reported that our most brilliant medical students were the ones who had absconded with the tabletop candles and hadn't been seen since! Ah, yes, light just one candle in the darkness, and who knows where one may end up?

As to the delicate matter of your and my and Wise Elder's sharing of our blue jello with Agent Dark, Murray, and his Minstrels ... it would be best to speak no further; that is, after this explanation: I have a soft spot in my heart (always have) for struggling musicians. I am a great supporter of the Arts (as the Queen will assure you) and I often take artistic causes to my bosom. My generosity of spirit knows no bounds. In fact, Murray assures me that, because of my interest in his endowment (from the Royal Aid Society of Samanda), he will, indeed, return to our Court and spend his grant money wisely by entertaining the little ones, including the Queen's new baby. So, my patronizing ... excuse me ... my becoming a patron for Murray has enriched our kingdom in so many creative ways.

Your addition of the possible vernacular to be used by the Royal Heir left me with a smile upon my face. Any of the suggestions would certainly seem reasonable. Thus, I look forward to the Queen's final selection of the winning phrase.

Even though there was so much to report about the Gala, I was gratified to see that you still were able to include the other, more mundane lists of sale items, and the Samanda Book List.

My joke, however, was a bit risque for a family newspaper. Please exercise more caution when you rummage through my list of favorites. We do not want this particular piece of humour to be repeated verbatim by the Royal Heir at a tender age. Although, I must admit, it had a titillating effect on many of the readers, except the Vicar, himself.

In closing, may I request that wonderful Samandan teeth-whitening product that was advertised? Should Murray return for the children's concert, I would like to meet him at the Gate with my pearly whites, or is that meet him at the pearly Gate with ... ? Regretfully, I have not yet purged the blue jello from my system.

Convivially yours,

Jester
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 06 March 2005, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                Here's another one with Sam and Janet

Guess That Episode

Photo is from the Official Amanda Tapping Website
                                Allegiance? Looking at the guy with the knife in his chest?

Comment

Working...
                                X