X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part 3 of the Season 5 Comment Summary:

SUMMIT
    Skydiver i love the angst of her and elliott. so fantastically understated
    NearlyCircular Sam tries to make a Yu joke. (tries being the operable word)
    coley I remember her bristling with annoyance at what hey had don to Martouf to preserve Lantesh. Great acting in that scene. Some great exchanges between Sam/Elliot and Lantesh. She protects him in the tunnels when there is a rock fall, - what a brave lass!! And of course her emotions at the end when Elliot/Lantesh volunteer death to save them all.

More screen caps (and dialogue) from Summit

LAST STAND
    Skydiver ditto for summit. but the look on her face when they had to leave elliott behind is heart breaking
    MajorSal her saying goodbye to lantesh. LOVED those scenes.

FAIL SAFE
    Skydiver hehehe, more sam whumpage, and quick thinking.
    Fred Lot's of moments in this one (One of my favorite team episodes).
    MajorSal great sam scenes on the ship.
    NearlyCircular the recurring lines indicating the guys' faith in Sam to find a solution. Daniel: "'I'm confident" Jack: "Me too" Teal'c: "As am I"
    ForeverSG1 Loved the astroid going through the planet at the end. It was
    actually quite cool to see the team deal with such a big issue like this without having to get the Asgard or Tok'rah to intervene. Only negative...didn't quite understand why Sam had to explain how to deactivate a bomb to O'Neill. Isn't that the sort of thing he specialized in Black-Ops? Other than that, Sam was brilliant as always.

Tara353l Loved this one as well and once again Sam pushed herself in wanting to go with Jack and Teal'c but really glad that Jack told her to sit this one out after nearly frying herself on the crystals! Just loved the "i can see my house!" from Jack as Sam said a little bit longer sir.
    coley This is one of my fave season 5 eps, if not a fave Sam ep. Showed Sam taking charge of the details and briefing again. Loved O'Neill's comment "I've seen this film" Loved the way she and Jack "helped2 the engineer through the gate then Sam, with confidence and nonchalance (how does AT managed to act that) step through the gate. It made me remember the COTG ep when O'Neill pushed her through and thought this a clever little scene on how far she has come!! Sam was pretty much in charge of operations for the whole show. She never stops questioning and investigating and want to know why they didn't decelerate. A less determined individual wouldn't have done this. Loved the line "If it comes down to it we can detonate it (the bomb) here (the ship). Another great O'Neill line "Carter, I can see my house" This is one of the season 5 eps I watch most.
    Deepspace I love the asteroid episode! And Sam stops it, or, er, rather, she pulls it right throught the middle of the Earth, and we are all none the wiser!

THE WARRIOR
    AgentDark The Warrior had KickArse Sam demoing the P-90
    Skydiver who can't love the shooting scene? like take that k'tano you bad man
    Fred Carter the marksman.
    ForeverSG1 I know this isn't a big Sam episode, but I really love the scene where she demonstrates the effectiveness of the P-90. It was really cool how they expressed O'Neill's complete confidence in Sam's abilities. It was great to see Sam showing all the boys how it's done, and that 'sweet' smile at the end said she felt the same way.
    Deepspace Jack getting his 2IC Sam to demonstrate Earth weaponry, and his confidence in her. She’s a veeeery good aim!
    coley Not much Sam in this apart from the weapon demonstration. O'Neill was rather smug about the power of his weapons and the skill of his 2IC. Great scripting in response to "What the woman?" O'Neill getting the man in the skirt (another great O'Neill comment) to swing the trunk really wanting to show off the shooting skill of his female 2IC.

MENACE
    AgentDark Menace had a combination of Scientist and Soldier Sam.
    Skydiver well, this was more a daniel eps, but scientist sam was great
    NearlyCircular she gets to play soldier alongside Hammond
    coley Some nice techno babble in this again. Janet came up with a nice subtle little line to Sam - "how's the new toy" - she so knows Sam!! Loved the exchange between her, Daniel and O'Neill in the doorway of the med lab. O'Neill kept saying, "It's a machine" Carter agrees! Loved to see Sam and Hammond soldiering together and thought they made a great team.

THE SENTINEL
    Skydiver ooh, this is such a replay of Upgrades. trapped on two sides of a force field, jaffa, imminent danger. i love how sam disobeyed orders to save them all...and i love her snarkiness. that's one great thing about s5, snarky sam starts to come out
    Fred Scene behind the force field - lots of facial expression and body language. And then
    giving the go ahead to interface with the device, seemingly against O'Neill's direct order.
    "Yes sir, I understand that. I think it's the right thing to do.

NearlyCircular she's soldier Sam this time and lets someone else do the science thing
    Deepspace Military Sam, and she isn’t the one to find the sciency solution, which is good for one episode
    coley Sam - nice seeing her in charge and not getting rattled at the barracking she got from the 2 NID soldiers. Liked the way she passed water to Grogan when they found him injured - she's so thoughtful!!

MERIDIAN
    AgentDark Sam dealing with Daniel's apparent death. Some great emotional scenes with Sam and Daniel and while it was a 'Daniel' episode, it still had those great Sam scenes. Very good episode.
    Skydiver sniff....sam did make me cry...and her obvious dismay at not helping daniel. you know, this is the last time we ever see her use her jolinar powers
    MajorSal her trying to save daniel is my fave sam moment in this ep.
    ForeverSG1 Loved the scene at the beginning when Sam is trying to explain
    what happened to Daniel and in the infirmary when she is saying good-bye... is a tear jerker.

coley A Fantastic AT acting ep. In terms of Sam showing her depth of feeling for Daniel, distraught when she used the healing device and her emotions at seeing him suffer and then losing him.

REVELATIONS
    Skydiver i love that she confronts jack, even if he ignores her.. and her stuff with heimy is great...ooh and then being the hologram...and whumpage...gotta love the whumpage
    Fred 1. Scene with Teal'c concerning the loss of Daniel
    Especially the line "...We were a team, Teal'c. Nobody ..."
    2. Interchange with O'Neill when coming out of hyperspace
    "Yeah, I'm beginning to wish I hadn't"

MajorSal her grief over losing her friend, and her subsequent denial of grieving with her friends afterwards. and then her getting captured by osiris and being brain warped by the hand devise.
    NearlyCircular the last of my 3 favorites, and I didn't realize it until I started thinking of all these moments. Right at the beginning, she has that moving conversation with Hammond about coming to terms with Daniel being gone. Then the brush off from Jack and the talk with Teal'c in the ship. I liked her body language as hologram Sam, shrugging her shoulders and mugging after the Jaffa try to shoot her. Finally, telling Osiris to go to hell.
    Deepspace How much she cared about Daniel being gone, and her interaction with the Asgard in the laboratory.
    coley Again an AT acting gem. Great scene at the start in Daniels lab and wonderful exchange with Hammond. Thought Don just about stole that scene from AT. When the Asgard arrived for help this is the first time I think we've seen Sam seemingly unwilling to help someone - so she was very much off base because of Daniel. Liked her challenging O'Neill about Daniel. Great discussion with Teal'c in the ship - and loved the line "And don't give me any of that way of the warrior crap. I get enough of that off Colonel O'Neill" Boy is she miffed with O'Neill. Also her "I'm beginning to wish I hadn't" (mentioned it) re being detected when exiting hyperspace. Loved the explanations regarding the Asgard reproduction process. Sam was playing it straight against O'Neill. This was a great scene I thought. Loved her telling Osiris to "Go to Hell" when I guess she was expecting to die.

Season 5 Summary Poll
    Season 5 Summary Comments - Part 1 Part 2
    Last edited by astrogeologist; 11 March 2005, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Guess the episode

Who da boss?

Uh, I mean, Icon. Sam in charge. Yum.
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
        Well there's another one up, but there's no rule against two!

Um, I honestly can't even guess, ATM, but it looks like she's wishing Teal'c would stop singing the song of the departed warrior(Chain of Command).
        Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
          Reeses's Pieces!Er... whatsisep... The ep with Reese, RepliCarter's granny.
          LOL at Reese's Pieces! - You are correct - it is from Menace

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

Guess That Episode
            Oops, missed that one.

48 Hours. Sam is watching her friend die to satisfy the lame-o buraucracy. <sniffle>
            Gracie

Comment

Here's another one with Sam and her father...

Guess That Episode

Photo is from the Official Amanda Tapping Website

Comment

ok, now for moments of the not so popular eps

Threshold - i loved the sam/teal'c bits here, both her stopping teal'c and then when he askes her to let him go

Fifth Man - hey , sam is at large and in charge...and on the PMS trip from hades when it comes to leaving someone behind

Beast of Burden - more sam/teal'c stuff.

The Tomb 1- and still more sam/teal'c. i love them ratting around in the tunnels

Wormhole Extreme - this one was just plain funny. yeah, sam didn't have a large part, but it was worth a giggle or three

Summit 1 - sam's yu joke gets a mention...and i love the angst with her and elliott. you know, i think this is probably the first time she confronts her feelings about him

Sentinel - i love sam in command. which is what she is here, in command of geting the sentinel working
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Um, I honestly can't even guess, ATM, but it looks like she's wishing Teal'c would stop singing the song of the departed warrior(Chain of Command).

rotflol!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Guess That Episode

allegiance

and my last guess for the night

sigpic

Comment

Guess That Episode

Alliegence.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        allegiance
                        Dead on! Both you and Major Fischer got it correct!

Comment

So how about one with Sam and Teal'c?...

Guess That Episode

Comment

So how about one with Sam and Teal'c?...

Guess That Episode

sits on my hands

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              sits on my hands
                              LOL - and I thought of you when I posted this - it's a great Sam and Teal'c shot

Comment

Holy Moley! That'll buy a lotta soup cans!

I think Legends Memorabilia is legit, and their feedback score is 100%. Should be good. At this time, 8:00 pm friday the bid is up to $5,700+ US bucks and four days to go. Woof!
                                Oh well that takes me out of the running for sure. I promised my husband
                                I wouldn't go over 5k.. someday though.

Comment

Working...
                                X