Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
    Looks like... ooh, actually, it could be from a number of eps....Exodus?
    You are *good* at this!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      My first thought was Exodus. Her hair suggests late 4th season early 5th and the uniform suggests desert activity...
      LOL! Spoken like a true archeologist, Uber fan!

Family?

Or perhaps, Moebius....

I have to say that I love those colors on Sam.
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Guess That Episode

Cool Sam pic!
        Indeed, but another toughie, as our queen can be found consulting her crystals in many episodes.

Exodus?
        Gracie

Comment

Indeed, but another toughie, as our queen can be found consulting her crystals in many episodes. Exodus?
          Not Exodus... good guess, though...
          Love that statement: "our queen can be found consulting her crystals in many episodes"

Comment

LOL! Spoken like a true archeologist, Uber fan!

Family?

Or perhaps, Moebius....

check the hair. it's a good clue as to the season anyway

ooh, and lipstick. lately sam's been wearing a browner/tan type of more natural looking lipstick than the red stuff she wore for a bit
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Hey guys! I've been gone for a while, cuz I have infrequent internet access at the moment...

*awkward silence as everyone tries to figure out HOW long Spaz has been gone*
              Back on page 80....

HEY, SPAZ, WHERE YA BIN?
              Gracie

Comment

Family?

Or perhaps, Moebius....

None of the above. Seth if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

I have a nauseous feeling in my gut that says that Carter may be written as 'concentrating on her science'... either giving up her commission and leaving the Air Force - or moving to a less-field oriented and more scientific position within the Air Force. Either way, I think they are going to write it so that Lt. Col. Mitchell is the CO of SG-1 and that Carter will 'go along on' some of the missions later in the season.

Needless to say, this isn't what I was hoping for!
                  Well, maybe I'm just in denial, but I'm going to give the PTB the benefit of doubt yet again. They just might find a refreshing way to make Sam shine. I mean, look at how popular MacKay is on Atlantis. Maybe Sam'll get to do more than she ever got to do as a soldier. And aren't the settings going to be more Earth-bound this year, anyway?

As Rose said to Charlie on LOST, "There's a fine line between denial and faith. It's much better on my side."
                  Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    NAME THAT EPISODE
                    Serpent's Lair/Grasp - whichever came first.

Ah, good times.

So many memorable firsts for Sam: her first court-martial-able offense, first time aboard a Hatak, Sam's first kill with a zat, her first chance to bite someone.
                    Gracie

Comment

takes a peek at the page number....wow, gracie was right, we are gonna hit 118 tonight

sigpic

Comment

Guess That Episode
                        Reeses's Pieces!

Er... whatsisep... The ep with Reese, RepliCarter's granny.
                        Gracie

Comment

s5 eps is closed and da winner is..................

Enemies 5 5.43%
                          Threshold 2 2.17%
                          Ascension 54 58.70%
                          Fifth Man 1 1.09%
                          Red Sky 15 16.30%
                          Rite of Passage 12 13.04%
                          Beast of Burden 2 2.17%
                          The Tomb 1 1.09%
                          Between Two Fires 5 5.43%
                          2001 39 42.39%
                          Desperate Measures 33 35.87%
                          Wormhole Extreme 2 2.17%
                          Proving Ground 6 6.52%
                          48 Hours 39 42.39%
                          Summit 1 1.09%
                          Last Stand 5 5.43%
                          Fail Safe 14 15.22%
                          Warrior 3 3.26%
                          Sentinel 1 1.09%
                          Menace 1 1.09%
                          Meridian 11 11.96%
                          Revelations 12 13.04%

big surprise, ascension

sigpic

Comment

And the Blue Jello Awards
                            for the Best Carter Episodes of Season 5
                            go to....

Ascension
                            48 Hours

with Desperate Measures, Red Sky, Fail Safe and others
                            also all pulling strong vote counts. Lots of great Sam scenes!

And special thanks again to Skydiver for creating and maintaining the polls for us!
                            Last edited by astrogeologist; 11 March 2005, 06:09 PM.

Comment

And here is the summary list of Season 5 Best Carter scene comments:

coley Season 5 was another great season for Sam, in my opinion. I think her personality and confidence we saw starting to develop in season 4 continued in leaps and bounds. Some great Sam moments and exceptional acting moments!!

ENEMIES
                              AgentDark The running gun battles down the corridors in Enemies (go KickArse!Sam ),
                              Skydiver oh the whole locked up by teal'c part. jack ordering sam to open teh door, them going after teal'c...just all around fun
                              Fred 1. "I'm having a good time now, sir" 2. "Welcome to my world"
                              NearlyCircular Welcome to MY life - one of my all time favorite Sam quotes
                              Deepspace gotta be ‘Welcome to MY life’
                              coley My fave Sam ep of the season. Mainly because of lots of competent Soldier Sam moments, which made a really nice change from lots of techno Sam and reminded the watcher of the depth of expertise she holds. There was also a little more humour in Sam on a number of instances - including the many times mentioned "Welcome to my life" A Sam classic!! I loved the exchange with O'Neill regarding the door control panel, showed a little sarkiness, which she quickly swallowed when O'Neill held steadfast! I liked seeing her amazement and almost glee when she realised the replicators had increased the speed of the ship by so much and then her worry about the replicators getting to our Galaxy. Great acting by Amanda

‘Welcome To MY Life’
                              More screen caps (and dialogue) from Enemies

Sam and Jacob pic

THRESHOLD Skydiver it has to be the sam/tea'lc scene. and maybe i'm projecting, but the look on sam's face when she stops teal'c with the zat....i dunno, i just sense that something happened between the two of them
                              Fred 1. Scene with Bra'tac discussing their cultural philosophies about pain, torture, life.
                              2. Scene with Janet about proceeding with Bra'tacs plan of 'treatment'.
                              3. Scene with Teal'c in infirmary

NearlyCircular Sam and Bratac having a conversation - something we hardly ever see
                              coley This episode demonstrated the depth of feeling she had for Teal'c and was backed up by superb acting. So facially expressive.

ASCENSION
                              AgentDark AgentDark We get to see Sam in her house, out of the work enviroment. The interaction between Sam and Orlin was great IMO, and there were some really great lines in this episode - 'Tense? Me? I'm not tense! Am I?', 'I can understand why you might have assumed that I didn't have plans...' And of course the sad ending as Sam's black widow curse strikes again.
                              Skydiver i should probably like this one more than i do...but they made sam so pathetic. she did have great lines and a nice wardrobe but it irked me that the boys basically abandoned her and we never see any resolution
                              Fred The whole episode. (Not including the behavior and attitudes of the SGC and military command.).
                              MajorSal true sam ep, need i say more.
                              NearlyCircular Sam's house- How many computers does the woman own? I just really liked the whole episode, and picked it as one of my 3 favorites.
                              ForeverSG1 I really liked Ascension because we got to see a personal side
                              of Sam for the first time: her car, her house, the obsene amount of computer's she has in her house ( like I so don't believe she's not surfing at home ). The one thing I didn't like about this episode is that I felt the team totally let her down. I didn't like how she had no support from them until the end. You could totally see a look of betrayal on her face when she entered Hammond's office and found out they had been watching her the entire time. Poor Sammy.
                              One other note: Was I the only one who watched this episode and kept
                              thinking 'Meet Joe Black' whenever Orlin spoke? I liked Orlin, he was sweet.

Tara353l I really loved the fact that Sam had no life outside of the SGC but tried to carry on with her life within the SGC. I thought the look on Sam's face when Jack told her to take it easy and go and knit something or go fly a kite was priceless! I think s5 started to show Sam as more "i'm fine, i can carry on mode" it's just a shame that her team just seemed a little "cold" to her,
                              Deepspace The scenes with the mini Stargate! AstroG illustrated them nicely on page 96. I loved Sam’s ‘And you ordered the materials online?’
                              chocdoc just because I liked the relationship with Sam and Orlin. It was a really good scifi story in general---fit into a larger story arc---and I liked how Sam went from mistrust to caring and trusting Orlin. Here she went against orders at the end of the show because she trusted Orlin and did not want him in the hands of our military. It was actually a sad episode, but a good one in regard to Sam and Orlin. Compassionate Sam trumped military Sam here and I think this was appropriate.
                              coley This was Sam's episode, as we all know. I enjoyed every moment of it. There were so many Sam nuances in this ep - expressions, feelings, and mannerisms. Amanda played the script to the full. I liked her little peeve at Janet daring top tell her she was fatigued. Liked the fact she was prepared to stick hr neck out for Orin - because it was the right thing to do. Loved her being peeved that SG16 was taking over investigating the technology. Her peeved look in that scene is one of my favourites in the whole series. She persisted with it too!! Can't help mentioning the acting - but this was an ep of a thousand expressions. Kudos to Amanda. All the chaps have had a lot of stick for not backing her up in this ep, but O'Neill and Teal'c did redeem themselves to some extent by going round with Pizza - which I thought was so sweet!!

More screen caps (and dialogue) from Ascension:
                              I am not tense” and “So you built a Stargate in my basement?”

THE FIFTH MAN
                              Skydiver sam being all ticked off in the gateroom...and ready to shoot up the place to go back to get jack
                              Fred 1. Scene with Colonel Simmons especially the line: "You're user 4574".
                              Her facial expressions were just great.

NearlyCircular I liked her confrontation with Hammond in the gate room at the beginning. She almost refuses to give up her weapon.
                              coley A bit of soldier Sam in this. Great her not wanting to leave O'Neill behind, then daring to disobey Hammond in the gate room and being forced at gunpoint to hand over weapons. Thought this was a great little scene for Sam who usually follows orders to the letter. It also didn't come across to me that it was because of her feelings for O'Neill. It felt to me like it was because he was a team member and they don't leave people behind. Which I think was due to the scripting and acting. Loved her "This is ridiculous we should never have left the damn planet" Great to see Sam really angry. Her persuading Janet to keep stumm. Juts LOVED the way she dealt with Col Simmons. Showed real guts acting like that to a Colonel. She has guts a plenty!!

RED SKY
                              AgentDark her guilt at nearly destroying an entire planet in Red Sky,
                              Skydiver hey, sam messes up. i love it. woulda loved it more had they not finagled the happy ending, but i loved her trying to solve the puzzle regardless
                              Deepspace Great Sam ep. I liked how she felt responsible for dooming the planet after overriding the stargate dialling safety mechanisms. And putting the fruit in the wrong baskets LOL!
                              coley Great to see her embarrassment and guilt about what she has done and her determination not to give up trying to put it right. Saw some cunning manipulation of Gen Hammond back at the base and some more cunning ego soothing of the chap that made the Macwhateverisotopeelement?! She had him eating out of her hand. She can actually be quite manipulative when it suits her Which is the only dark side to Sam I had seen!

More screen caps (and dialogue) from Red Sky
                              Sam works the Asgard control panel
                              Sam explains her ideas to Jack - without donuts or fruit!

RITE OF PASSAGE
                              AgentDark her interaction with Cassie and Janet in Rites of Passage,
                              Skydiver sam in full maternal protective mode. it's great. the femslashers call this the 'cassie gets two mom's episode, but even still, i love the sam/janet interaction...the the opening, with dominic and sam's all protective of cassie, it's great
                              Fred 1. Chess scene with Cassie in the infirmary:"...don't call her Dr. Fraser." "I'll see you... "
                              NearlyCircular The birthday cake scene with Janet and Cassie is priceless.
                              ForeverSG1 I truly love this episode because for the first time we saw Sam admit that something she's done (by-passing protocals on the dialing computer ) may have caused the problem they are facing on the planet, and despite all of their efforts there is nothing SG-1 can do to fix it.
                              Deepspace Watched this last night. I always liked this one, with the rebellious older Cassie. After watching this episode originally it made me like the other Cassandra episodes more as well. Lots of nice Sam and Cassie moments, and I like how they play chess every Saturday that Sam’s on earth.
                              coley A fave ep of mine. For me this was a great episode for the interaction between the 3 women - Sam, Janet and Cassie - and it was brilliant. Saw a little more of how Sam is outside the soldier, and it was superb. Some wonderful caring moments and again such wonderful acting by Amanda - and Teryl and Cassie actor too!! The scene at Janet's house was brilliant.
                              Last edited by astrogeologist; 11 March 2005, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Part 2 of the Season 5 Comment Summary:

BEAST OF BURDEN
                                AgentDark Soldier Sam in Beast of Burden
                                Skydiver the sam/teal'c junkie in me has to love thier scenes....and i also love how when sam is blowing the lock, she puts the explosives in the cell for the big unas...then backs away slowly, the look on hre face is priceless
                                coley Just a bit of soldier Sam in this one.

THE TOMB
                                AgentDark Soldier Sam in The Tomb
                                Skydiver mmhm, sam and teal'c going alien hunting
                                Deepspace I liked Sam pairing up with the Russian Lieutenant Tolinev. Is this where Sam just keeps shooting bullets?
                                coley It was nice to see her pairing off with another female soldier. Nice soldier Sam moments. Nice to see her caring for the female soldier after she was hurt. I think some comment has been on it is typical the scriptwriters make it Sam all the time that tends to the wounded - as if it were a negative thing. I think though it may seem stereotypical, it is still positive for me. We should be proud of the fact the women are natural carers - hey it’s a nice thing - so I like seeing it in Sam. Loved to see her hard side too as she very casually flipped the switch for the C4 to blow up the Goa'uld!

BETWEEN TWO FIRES
                                AgentDark Between two Fires and 2001 had her losing people she cared about
                                Skydiver it was nice to see some resolution to the narim situation..and fun to watch daniel and sam egg on tanith
                                NearlyCircular I loved both their reactions in the scene when Sam and Teal'c realize that Narim is using her voice for announcements, etc. in his home.
                                ForeverSG1 I really loved the scene when Sam hears her own voice
                                as the computers simulated voice.

Deepspace Definitely the part where Sam’s voice is making announcements in Narim’s home. I have liked all the episodes with Narim and the Tollan. I think Narim has a strong respect for Sam, as well as feelings, for while the Tollan consider the humans of Earth to be unadvanced and primitive, he can see that Sam is smart.
                                coley There was some nice techno babble in here delivered to perfection. Great interaction with Narim. Some thought he was a little wet. I thought him quite sweet with great integrity. AT delivered a fantastic expression at the end of this ep!

More screen caps (and dialogue) from Between Two Fires

AgentDark Between two Fires and 2001 had her losing people she cared about
                                Skydiver hey, sam in charge, sam whumpage, sam angst...what more could you ask for?
                                MajorSal loved the scene at the end, where she comes flying through the gate upside down.
                                NearlyCircular Another one of the 3 I picked as a favorite. Nice interaction with Joe and that fall at the end was amazing. Another scene from 2001 that I liked was a really simple moment, when Hammond asks Sam to go back to the planet with Faxon.

Click here to listen
                                Hammond: Major, I can’t ORDER you to do this.
                                Sam: I know, Sir … when do we leave?

I loved the way that she responded - with absolutely no hesitation.

ForeverSG1 Who doesn't love that drop at the end? It was nice getting to see
                                Joe again (for the first time) and seeing where Sam/Joe's (2010) relationship
                                began. Only negative to this episode... the total lack of concern the guys showed for Sam when she fell through the Stargate. I think I've seen Jack show more concern for Daniel after he's sneezed. If I was AT, I would have kicked some butts that day. Hmmmph.

Deepspace Sam having to make the decision to leave the Ambassador behind to warn Earth about the biological weapon that the Aschen are going to send through the Stargate, and then cutting the rope and falling backwards through the wormhole. That was a hard fall! And also, where she hands the piece of paper to the Aschen and asks them to translate the word. I think this episode showed how despite the note that Future Sam got through the gate before dying, things could have gone the same way, and gone terribly wrong, but they didn’t.
                                chocdoc who couldn't like heroic Sam at the end. I also liked Joe in this one as well and once again this episode revolved around a major story arc of the Aschen.
                                coley Another ep showing Sam in a very positive light. Loved her confident control of the briefing and gleefully slipping into techno babble without realising. Great interaction with Joe. She appeared rather made up he was paying her attention. This ep showed more gutsy soldier Sam, from her happily volunteering to go with Joe, to having to cut the rope and leave him behind. Also I noted that Sam looked super smart in her blue uniform at the briefing, thought she really looked feminine.

More screen caps (and dialogue) from 2001

DESPERATE MEASURES
                                AgentDark Desperate Measures with her kidnapping and refusing to give up (enough sedative to take down a man twice her size and she's still going ),
                                Skydiver and ditto on this one...in spades. to me, there are no such thing as too many tags to this eps...because the show so didn't do the job right. poor sam, kidnapped, all alone, scared out of her wits...but she held it together and almost got out of it. my one beef with desp meas - it just ended soo wrong. here's poor sam, drugged and strapped to a bed for the better part of a week (we definitely know it's been 4 days at one point) and boing, she's just up and running and there's apparanty no fallout for heraah, i don't think so -maybe that's why i've written so many tags for it (and keep pestering folks for more)- this one needed about 10 more minutes of something
                                MajorSal true sam ep, need i say more. I wish they'd have spent more time on what was happening to Sam instead of Jack looking for her. As I've said before, I didn't like how the emphasis changed from Sam hurt/comfort to Jack h/c by the end.
                                Tara353l Sam really put up a fight at the start and even when she first woke up she tried so hard to stay in control.I do think there should have been a follow up to this story as Jack only just got to her in time and then when he freed her he let her go with him after she said she was good to go, i always thought that because she had been drugged and god knows what else Jack would have not let her come with him. It's a side of Sam that i fear for sometimes that she doesn’t want to look like a "weak female" and off she goes without a backward look or thought ((((Sam)))
                                ForeverSG1 I was a bit dismayed by the ending scene with Sam and Hammond comforting Jack. I had expected a H/C scene with Sam seeing as she was the one who had been missing for days.
                                coley She showed great fortitude in trying to escape. She still managed to make light when she was rescued from the jaws of death
                                O'Neill - "You alright?"
                                Sam "Yeah, very dramatic, thank you!"

WORMHOLE X-TREME!
                                Skydiver hehehe, the look on sam's face when she saw her duplicate

PROVING GROUND
                                Skydiver sam in charge, dressing down the troops, her jello with jack...it was fun. ooh, and shooting jack, priceless
                                Fred 1. Scene where she and O'Neill are debriefing the trainees
                                2. Scene with O'Neill in the commissary
                                3. "oops"

Deepspace Sam’s conversation with Jack in the food hall about which Cadets looked promising.
                                coley Great interaction with O'Neill - in the canteen, loved her "Whoops!" at him getting shot with a great expression - and "If you don't mind your wounds getting all over my lab" great line. She would never have said that in season 1.

More screen caps (and dialogue) from Proving Ground
                                and a pic of Sam and Daniel

48 HOURS
                                AgentDark Introduction of Rodney McKay, the only character thats able to get underneath Sam's skin and tick her off! The Carter/McKay banter was absolutley hilarious and it lead to more great banter in future episodes. Plus we got Carter doing alot of technobabble which I always enjoy
                                Skydiver sam saving teal'c's bootie. adn her interactions with mckay. absolutely lovely and funny as heck
                                Fred 1. The scene where we are introduced to Dr. McKay. While not strictly a Carter moment, I mention it because it is one of the extremely rare instances when anyone from the military/SGC publically acknowledges Carter's contributions and importance to the Star Gate program.
                                2 Lunch with McKay culminating in "Go suck a lemon"
                                3. Final gate room scene - [Here we have Carter, the curious scientist]
                                "Teal'c as far as you know, what just happened?"
                                "Are you sure you're feeling perfectly normal?"
                                4. Final briefing room scene: Mckay gets sent to Russia
                                Carter: "Well, as long as you're on the Air Force payroll"

chocdoc here I liked Sam's interaction with McKay---they are both snarky---two geniuses with very different styles. No wonder many fans like their interaction and are hoping that Sam visits Atlantis just to see the sparks fly. I really like McKay now---I even liked him in this one. It was fun to see Sam being challenged like only McKay could challenge her. (Did people notice the Who is Smarter--Sam or Mckay thread!!)? Most important, however, we have a caring brilliant Sam working overtime to get Teal'c back home.
                                coley A nice brief bit of soldier Sam at the start. Loved General Hammond defending her against MacKay - shows how respect he has for her. I loved the interaction between Sam and MacKay. I loved the fact that for once there was someone her who actually had very little regard for her and I like the way Sam dealt with it. Thought it was a hoot someone getting to call her a dumb blonde - guess that doesn't happen to her much. A very brave man MacKay!! Her retort re the lemon was great!
                                jckfan55jckfan55 One of my favorite Sam moments is when McKay is shovelling the food in and she has this appalled look on her face and says "hungry?" Cracks me up every time.

Last edited by astrogeologist; 06 April 2005, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X