Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Okay - now that I've uploaded 6 more episodes of sig pics I can finally post another Guess the Episode pic (actually I have two but I'll be nice and post one at a time):

Hmm, this one is stumping me. I know I should know it because
    I really love the desert fatigues.

Comment

Here's one with Sam amd Janet...
      Guess That Episode

Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping website

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Correct, ForeverSG1!

Comment

K, here's my shot at 'guess the pic'.

http://img39.exs.cx/img39/5683/worry1pw.png

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            Gateworld has just posted an article with spoilers for the 3rd episode of season 9 and it contains the following phrase -
            "Daniel Jackson and Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder), SG-1's new commanding officer, must go on an interplanetary scavenger hunt..."

I'm still trying to stay positive that when Sam returns from her mysterious absence, she'll be put back in charge, or if she isn't, that it's for a good reason. But I have to admit that seeing this in print as part of an episode synopsis bothered me. Am I being too sensitive?

NC
            No, you're not being too sensitive (at least to me ). I said this on the shipper thread, but for me, I'm a Sam, Sam/Jack, and Jack fan, so the first five eps aren't going to have any of my fave things...

Borrowing a line from a shipper off the S/J list... "Wake me up when Sam gets back."

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

Needless to say, this isn't what I was hoping for! I can see what they are doing and why (AT's new baby and all), but now I *really* begrudge the opportunities lost in Season 8 - the opportunities to see Carter in command of SG-1, with storylines and decisions like Jack had to face over the years.
              *Exactly*! We should have had at least one Sam-struggling-with-command ep before season 8 ended. Sam getting Sg1 as her own is a BIG deal, so why did the show gloss over it?

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                K, here's my shot at 'guess the pic'.http://img39.exs.cx/img39/5683/worry1pw.pngSally
                Great pic! I'm going to guess
                Spoiler:
                Summit/Last Stand - where the Tokra tunnels were taking a pounding and Sam got scraped up by some falling debris?

Comment

spoilers for s9 ep

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  I'm still holding out hope that Lt.Col CM will just be temporary CO of SG-1. No mention of Carter in the episode, so its probably set during her absence which means she still might be able to come back and resume command

Actually, the thing I'm worried about was the bit at the end... '[Fischer]... cuts the Stargate program's operating budget by 70 percent.'

I hope they're not gonna use that as a way of explaining why they're not going offworld as much anymore...
                  ... It suddenly hit me... without Sam, without Jack... it's not like it's even Sg1 anymore. I feel like you're talking about another show.

Sally :+
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s9 ep

... It suddenly hit me... without Sam, without Jack... it's not like it's even Sg1 anymore. I feel like you're talking about another show. Sally :+
                    Spoilers for Season 9
                    Spoiler:
                    Yeah, Season 9 is going to start off *very* different from previous seasons. No Sam, No Jack, a new CO for SG-1, a new CO for the entire SGC, and new CMO for the infirmary, Vala added to SG-1 and new super-bad-guys to fight. Almost like starting over with a new spinoff Stargate series. Definitely a different SG-1. But I think they are going to return to more frequent gate travel and I think that will make the general scifi viewer happy.

Comment

Sigh, im starting to fall asleep. Thank you for the picture game,

it's been a blast!!

Night everyone.

Comment

OK, how about this one?

Guess That Episode

Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping website

Alright, dammit, we're on the same wavelength again!

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

*Exactly*! We should have had at least one Sam-struggling-with-command ep before season 8 ended. Sam getting Sg1 as her own is a BIG deal, so why did the show gloss over it?

Sally
                          Spoiler:

I was reading an interview that Michael Shanks did in 2004 and he was
                          talking about the chain of command in season eight. He said that they
                          were going to be laxing up on the entire chain of command issue because
                          the new CO of SG-1 (Sam) was basically in charge of a scientist and
                          and an alien so the entire military thing didn't really fit anymore. That's
                          probably one reason we never really saw Sam in the same type of
                          commanding situations as Jack. Oh well I really doubt they are gonna
                          put BB under Sam in season nine, it would just be too weird with too
                          L.Colonel's in the same SG team. So I have a sad feeling Sam is stepping
                          down from her position on SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            the thought of stargate without AT isn't very appealing to me....but time will tell if they can pull it off. it'll be good, or if it's not, then there's this nifty thing called an off switch...and i know how to use it

I'm a Stargate Sg1 fan, but if Amanda quits, so do I. She's my main interest (just above ship) for watching, and has been since the first season. Without Sam/Amanda... nothing left to bring me in. And I'd still feel this way if it were Amanda quitting and Rick reducing his role. Without Amanda, it's just without.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              hey, look, some exclusive s9 photos

http://stargate-sg1.hu/exclusive/

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Great pic! I'm going to guess
                                Spoiler:
                                Summit/Last Stand - where the Tokra tunnels were taking a pounding and Sam got scraped up by some falling debris?

(((Astro))) And you know why.

Spoiler:
                                The scenes I 'really' wanted to show was her face more in the shadows, when Lantesh/Elliot was telling her how Lantesh felt about her. The mood of that scene was so intense, because with the minimum lighting and dust and debree, you felt the gloom of Sam's emotions reflected back. Amanda played it perfectly to me. Bravo to the director too.

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X