• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    You got it! (Last Stand)
    So... how about this one?

Guess That Episode

Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping website
    Okay I think it's New Ground? Only because it looks like the DHD has just been dug up in the background (just a guess here)...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey everyone, I just finished AstroG's "Overtime" finally, and I have to say, to anyone who hasn't read it,

IT'S ONE OF THE MOST BRILLIANT THINGS I'VE EVER READ AND YOU HAVE TO READ IT ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A SAM FAN THIS IS REQUIRED READING, VITAL, ESSENTIAL, YOU NEED TO READ IT!!

Astro, I LOVED IT!!! as you can probably tell by the review I just sent Gave me some GREAT ideas for my fic "Broken"

It was BRILLIANT!!!!!!! Deserves every particle of that Orange!!!

I even was almost/semi CRYING at times!! ME!!! I've only ever cried during I think 2 or 3 other fics. But this one got me semi-crying, I just felt so... bad, inside!!! Had the whole mouth trembling, but open in shock, leaning forward to screen with tears threatening to escape, taht feeling in your throat when you're about to cry, the dismalness. Might have something to do with the fact that i'm semi-almost depressed right now, but STILL, IT WAS GREAT!!! I love and respect and stand in awe of writers who can get such emotional responses from me

OK, how about this one?

Guess That Episode

That's Last Stand, after the Tok'ra tunnel collapsed and she's looking at Lt. Elliot/Lantesh

*first post in this game, but loving*

*realizes post is way late and has already been asnwered *
      Last edited by MajorSam; 03 March 2005, 06:25 PM.
      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

as to s9, well, i'm hoping for the best. that sam is written out in a believable way and treated good...a.nd that when she comes back she's not just tossed back into her 'proper place'...that being the cliche ridden 'sci-fi fans want a strong MALE lead' crud

I sincerely hope the character, and actor, who has always given 110% is treated well

if not....well AT's a big girl and i know that even if she's not treated well, she'll still do her best with what she's given

of course, i also am steeling myself for s9 to potentially be her last. presuming we get a s10, which, to be honest, i can see scifi doing even if s9's ratings suck just to obtain bragging rights for the 'longest running scifi series in history' (will 10 seasons beat or be equal to x-files?) - i see AT either reducing her time to spend more time with her little one, or trying for #2 should she wish to do that, or quitting all together

the thought of stargate without AT isn't very appealing to me....but time will tell if they can pull it off. it'll be good, or if it's not, then there's this nifty thing called an off switch...and i know how to use it
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Guess That Episode

.Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping website

Oh oh... i know this one it's Menace.
          Sam is turning off the self destruct.

Edited: Dang I was sooo slow on this one.. Laugh.
          Guess i should read other posts first.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            fifth man...wasn't that the name? it sounds odd now, but it was with lt tyler adn the ryole
            Oooo... can't seem to stump NC... may have to go for a generic briefing room sequence!

Now, no one guessed this one - was it too easy?
            (I know that AgentDark knew it - it's one of his sig pics)

Guess That Episode

Comment

Oooo... can't seem to stump NC... may have to go for a generic briefing room sequence!

Guess That Episode

OOOH, I KNOW!!

Beast of Burden, season 5!!

I believe it was when her and Teal'c or whoever were watching the barn thing...at night... lol, sorry, havn't seen that ep in forever...

Can I put up the next pic!?!?
              Last edited by MajorSam; 03 March 2005, 06:33 PM.

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                Hey everyone, I just finished AstroG's "Overtime" finally, and I have to say, to anyone who hasn't read it,

IT'S ONE OF THE MOST BRILLIANT THINGS I'VE EVER READ AND YOU HAVE TO READ IT ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A SAM FAN THIS IS REQUIRED READING, VITAL, ESSENTIAL, YOU NEED TO READ IT!!

Astro, I LOVED IT!!! as you can probably tell by the review I just sent Gave me some GREAT ideas for my fic "Broken"

It was BRILLIANT!!!!!!! Deserves every particle of that Orange!!!

That's Last Stand, after the Tok'ra tunnel collapsed and she's looking at Lt. Elliot/Lantesh

*first post in this game, but loving*

*realizes post is way late and has already been asnwered *
                MajorSam - Thanks for the positive comments RE 'Overtime'
                And for the picture-guessing game -- there is no 'late' - just go ahead and guess - if you haven't read other folks' guesses, then yours still counts! And you were correct as to which scene it was with Elliot/Lantesh!

And ForeverSG1 was correct for the scene from Menace. You guys all have *amazing* memories! Wow!
                Last edited by astrogeologist; 03 March 2005, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Guess That Episode

.Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping website
                  Beast of Burden... and only figured it out by accident
                  I was looking for my next picture to add.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                    I feel like others---very disappointed that the writers missed such a good opportunity in season 8 to show Sam in her role as leader of SG-1. There are so few good female leaders in scifi---hopefully the writers will let her lead in season 9 when she returns.

I do think the writers have to walk a fine line when writing Sam because not only is she a high ranking officer in the military but she is one of the FEW leading astrophysicists too!! They will need her character to continue to explain the science part in this scifi show!, yet they have to figure out how to write her as the commanding military officer too. That is what makes Sam so compelling to me ----the tension between her inquisitive, trusting, wonder of wonders science side and her no-nonsense, cautious, protective military side. I don't think Jack, Daniel, and Teal'c face this kind of tension--they are not caught in between two strong identities that sometimes can conflict or clash like this. This to me is one of the many wonderful facets of Sam Carter.

Season 9 should be interesting--I have to say, I am very grateful that AT wants to continue in her role as Sam Carter after maternity leave---and most important, we need a well-written competent kick-ass brilliant scientist in season 9 and I'll be happy.
                    Originally posted by Kes
                    I AM expecting Sam's return in episode 6 to be a pretty big episode for her. What will happen to the team command? I don't know. It may partially depend on the reason Sam is absent for the first part of the season. But Sam is still going to be going thru the gate and hopefully she'll get to strut her leadership AND astrophysics skills.
                    Originally posted by Skydiver
                    as to s9, well, i'm hoping for the best. that sam is written out in a believable way and treated good...a.nd that when she comes back she's not just tossed back into her 'proper place'...that being the cliche ridden 'sci-fi fans want a strong MALE lead' crud

I sincerely hope the character, and actor, who has always given 110% is treated well
                    I hope they do a job that makes us all proud.. something that makes Season 9 somewhat of a reward to AT for all that she has done over the years on Stargate. Something that makes AT proud of her development and portrayal of Sam Carter as a strong female lead character - an officer, a brilliant scientist, and a woman with heart.
                    Last edited by astrogeologist; 03 March 2005, 09:21 PM.

Comment

OOOH, I KNOW!! Beast of Burden, season 5!!
                      I believe it was when her and Teal'c or whoever were watching the barn thing...at night... lol, sorry, havn't seen that ep in forever...
                      'Spot On', MajorSam! ForeverSG1 posted the correct answer right after you did - you guys are amazing!

Can I put up the next pic!?!?
                      Please! Post!

Comment

look at what we did!!!!!!! congratulations to astrogeologist for our 2200th post!!!!!

'Spot On', MajorSam! ForeverSG1 posted the correct answer right after you did - you guys are amazing!

Please! Post!
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Guess the episode

Answer:
                          Spoiler:
                          Icon
                          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 03 March 2005, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Well, ForeverSG1 has me stumped on her pic... Astrog scratches head......
                            In the meantime, here's my next pic...

Guess That Episode

Hmmm... she kinda looks how I feel when contemplating that they might have her resigned from the Air Force...
                            or not commanding SG-1 when AT returns..... ...

Comment

Well there's another one up, but there's no rule against two!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Oooh found a really cool picture I had to put up.

Guess the episode

Answer:
                                Spoiler:
                                The Light

ForeverSG1
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 03 March 2005, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X