Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    I'm thinking one of the episodes that has 'Serpent' in the title... maybe the same one where Sam is in the death glider looking up at Earth?
    yeah, I'm thinking Serpent's Lair.

Comment

After surveying the backlog since yesterday--gosh are we prolific or what?--a few comments.
      MajorSal--thanks for the pictures. You got some good ones of AT and DDS.

More terms for intoxicated? How about "squiffy"--that was popular in the 1920s. Don't remember if that's been said. And no, I don't know that from having lived then.

On Sam and McKay in 48 Hours. One of my favorite Sam moments is when McKay is shovelling the food in and she has this appalled look on her face and says "hungry?" Cracks me up every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        I'm still holding out hope that Lt.Col CM will just be temporary CO of SG-1. No mention of Carter in the episode, so its probably set during her absence which means she still might be able to come back and resume command

Actually, the thing I'm worried about was the bit at the end... '[Fischer]... cuts the Stargate program's operating budget by 70 percent.'

I hope they're not gonna use that as a way of explaining why they're not going offworld as much anymore...
        I honestly can't imagine that. I think that Stargate will continue doing what it's doing - have great action shows, great story arcs, great standalones, great internal politics and great off world adventures.

Don't get me wrong - it's still hard for me to consider little/no RDA much less FIVE EPS without AT. However, IMHO they've proven at Stargate to be good storytellers and that's all we can ask for!

BTW, Agent Dark - I hope you feel that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery because I now have a rotating sig pic (thanks for the idea). However, mine has one significant difference than yours that makes it special. You'll have to refresh it a few times to figure it out...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Guess That Episode

Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping website

Comment

NAME THAT EPISODE
            I'll let someone else guess thatone

Orpheus, where she's placing the C4 on the console that will destroy the anti-gravity dry dock
            Sweet! You got that one really fast.
            I liked it because it was a newer season episode but it looked like an older one.

Comment

I'm still holding out hope that Lt.Col CM will just be temporary CO of SG-1. No mention of Carter in the episode, so its probably set during her absence which means she still might be able to come back and resume command
              Yeah, so am I. I read somewhere that certain events will eventually lead her back to join the team. So, hopefully joining the team will mean taking the leader position (perhaps with some tension between her and Mitchell). I feel like others---very disappointed that the writers missed such a good opportunity in season 8 to show Sam in her role as leader of SG-1. There are so few good female leaders in scifi---hopefully the writers will let her lead in season 9 when she returns.

I do think the writers have to walk a fine line when writing Sam because not only is she a high ranking officer in the military but she is one of the FEW leading astrophysicists too!! They will need her character to continue to explain the science part in this scifi show!, yet they have to figure out how to write her as the commanding military officer too. That is what makes Sam so compelling to me----the tension between her inquisitive, trusting, wonder of wonders science side and her no-nonsense, cautious, protective military side. I don't think Jack, Daniel, and Teal'c face this kind of tension--they are not caught in between two strong identities that sometimes can conflict or clash like this. This to me is one of the many wonderful facets of Sam Carter.

Season 9 should be interesting--I have to say, I am very grateful that AT wants to continue in her role as Sam Carter after maternity leave---and most important, we need a well-written competent kick-ass brilliant scientist in season 9 and I'll be happy.

Comment

Guess That Episode

Love this picture game, but I have no clue!! Terrible!! I've only guessed a few that were posted in the beginning.

Comment

I think they will fix that (either in the same episode or the next one)... I think they are going to have Lt. Col. Mitchell take the team 'back to its roots' with offworld exploration - or at least some kind of 'out of the SGC exploration' - I think they will be 'out in the field' more than they were in Season 8. Out in the field... with Lt. Col. M in charge... where's the anti-gloom spray...?

Here are a couple of quotes about Season 9 from Robert C. Cooper in the 3rd Stargate Magazine

"Fans often complain that we do too many Earth based shows - that we don't go to other planets enough. Well, going to other planets costs a lot of money. MGM has really stepped up and committed to making season nine of Stargate SG-1 and season two of Stargate: Atlantis great, and because of that Brad (Wright) and I are excited if not more than a little daunted by the challenge of making another 40 episodes of television in one year.

"Season nine may see some of the biggest changes yet, but we still plan on maintaining the core concept of four adventurers going through the gate each week, discovering new worlds and fighting bad guys. Some of those faces may change and the bad guys they're fighting will change, but hopefully that will keep the series from getting old."

Lets's hope that this means Sam and the guys will be going through the gate more often in season 9 than in season 8.

NC

Comment

Guess That Episode

I'm going to guess Menace, where she's with Hammond arming the self-destruct?

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                      I'm going to guess Menace, where she's with Hammond arming the self-destruct?NC
                      You nailed it NC! Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        Just read it myself and the name of the third episode The Ties That Bind at first really had my hope up, thinking (how foolish of me!) that Sam's "personal issues" would be visiting her brother Mark to explain Jacob's death and her breakup with Pete and settle her dad's estate or something. However, there is nothing revealed about Sam's arc at all in this news blip but plenty about Ben Browder's and Claudia Black's new roles.
                        I really don't think anyone should too read much into this as far as Sam's concerned. These spoilers are based on audition sides - just a few pages from the episode. And it's for the third episode of the season. I'm sure the reason for Sam's absence will be given more attention in the first two episodes and then the rest of the crew will be off for their adventure that takes place while she's gone. Sam's name isn't going to pop up all the time during those episodes - although I'm sure she'll get a few mentions.

I AM expecting Sam's return in episode 6 to be a pretty big episode for her. What will happen to the team command? I don't know. It may partially depend on the reason Sam is absent for the first part of the season. But Sam is still going to be going thru the gate and hopefully she'll get to strut her leadership AND astrophysics skills.

Even if RDA is in negotiations ... the writers have to know by now what they've done with Jack and Sam in the beginning shows ... they've already started filming! Come on, guys, throw us a bone!
                        JM has side-stepped almost every question about Jack and Sam as if he's under orders not to discuss it. You don't really expect them to throw you a bone, do you? They want you to watch and see.
                        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

OK, how about this one?

Guess That Episode

Comment

OK, how about this one?

Guess That Episode

Either Summit or Last Stand, I can't remember if the tunnel collapsed and she got the scratches in the first part or the second.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              Either Summit or Last Stand, I can't remember if the tunnel collapsed and she got the scratches in the first part or the second. NC
                              You got it! (Last Stand)
                              So... how about this one?

Guess That Episode

Comment

You got it! (Last Stand)
                                So... how about this one?

Guess That Episode

fifth man...wasn't that the name? it sounds odd now, but it was with lt tyler adn the ryole
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X