Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    But with the arrangements changing next season, that opens the door slightly to more...not that I want a full story arc on the topic - this is after all not the "Sam and Jack Romance Hour". But subtle acknowledgements of the "something more" would be just fine...
    it would be nice to see/hear something. with rda rumored to be in as little as none, as many as 4 eps, there is still some hope that something will be mentioned. it could even be a throwaway line 'sorry i'm late, i got in late last night' from sam and then with daniel saying 'you guys still trying to catch that fish'.....something taht implies that she's spending time with jack, while not explicitely showing it

yes, i know it's not what some want, but no matter what they do, everyone will not be happy.

do i want a wedding on the ramp???
    bleh, heck no. these writers do NOT do smarm well and i'd rather leave that in the hands of fic writers wo do that sort of romantic stuff better than they do.

would i like some sort of confirmation? yeah, i think it'd be nice and, if rda isn't on the show, it won't effect thigns much, if he's there for a few eps, it can't and wont' be the sole focus of any of his episodes so it'll be at a good level (at least to me)

then again, you know, i'd like to know that teal'c and ishta are going to be happy, and daniel, well i like him and sarah but that character seems to be gone, so maybe he will hook up with the general's daughter (no, i don't want a soap opera, but it would be nice to at least have some indication that none of these characters are going to spend their lives bitter and alone)
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Allright... you are all so quick at this....how about this one...

Guess That Episode

The big hint of course, is that Jacob is in it, which narrows it down to a handful of episodes...
      ...but I really liked the father-daughter interaction...
      Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping website
      i'm gonna let someone else guess before i do...because it hink i know what it is and it's not fair
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Guess That Episode

The big hint of course, is that Jacob is in it, which narrows it down to a handful of episodes...
        My first thought was Exodus. Her hair suggests late 4th season early 5th and the uniform suggests desert activity...

Now here's my last pic for a while then I'll let others post pics and guess what they are:

Last edited by Uber; 03 March 2005, 09:53 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

[QUOTE=ÜberSG-1Fan]
          Originally posted by Skydiver
          I was going to green ya, but it says I need to spread the jello love around some more
          But to respond to your post...BINGO.

If you haven't figured out by my current sig pic, I am a shipper because I see the chemistry. Would I like to see or know that eventually they are able to get together? Sure. However, I am with you in that the world will not come to an end if I don't get an onscreen kiss. I'll just cry myself to sleep every night... just kidding.

The fact that they haven't given in is yet another key to understanding Jack and Sam's character. They respect the system and the cause to which they've dedicated their lives and they live by those rules. Unlike other shippers, I am not as disappointed that we haven't really seen anything onscreen yet - because to do so would mean that they've disregarded the principles and service to which they've pledged their oaths - and that comes first over personal emotional gratification. In fact, I'm willing to say that I would lose respect for both of them if they had done anything prior to now.

But with the arrangements changing next season, that opens the door slightly to more...not that I want a full story arc on the topic - this is after all not the "Sam and Jack Romance Hour". But subtle acknowledgements of the "something more" would be just fine...
          Woo! It's so nice to finally be around people who can totally appreciate the relationship between Sam and Jack as well as see Sam as a intelligent, independant force to be reckoned with. I love all the shipper family they are a great group of people but I often cringe when I hear talk about Sam retiring, or stepping down from SG-1 inorder to be with Jack. I think part of their attraction to one another is their deep respect and loyalty. Loyalty to each other, their team, and to their country. Even if unintentional, when that type of loyalty is broken it makes one question if other loyalties can be trusted. I think this would be the case especially for Sam if they didn't wait.

Comment

Guess That Episode

Exodus... i think they are looking at the monitor/screen on a ship.

Comment

d'oh, it's family not bloodlines

Sky is the big winner... it's from Family! Figured if anyone
              got this you would since Teal'c is your guy!

ForeverSG1

Comment

My first thought was Exodus. Her hair suggests late 4th season early 5th and the uniform suggests desert activity...

Now here's my last pic for a while then I'll let others post pics and guess what they are:

Hmm, I'd say Family on this one because it's where I got my photo from
                and the clasp on her outfit looks familiar.

Comment

Guess That Episode

...but I really liked the father-daughter interaction... Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping website
                  i'm gonna let someone else guess before i do...because it hink i know what it is and it's not fair
                  My first thought was Exodus. Her hair suggests late 4th season early 5th and the uniform suggests desert activity... [/center]
                  Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Exodus... i think they are looking at the monitor/screen on a ship.
                  And you are all correct - it was from Enemies (basically part 2 or Exodus).

And I think they are listening and speaking to Jack or Daniel on the ship's intercom.

Comment

Guess That Episode

Cool Sam pic!

Comment

this is the fourth time I have visited this site. It is a cool place alright. The first three times I did not get it. Now I do. And I like the place alot.

Comment

Astro. Are Sam and Jacob listening to Daniel saying something like "come in this is the Peltak" The response is I think we've left him in charge too long?

You last pic is it from Failsafe before the sparks fly?

Comment

Going Back!!

Astrogeologist Yup a lazy post from me - I was chasing Hugo with bone in his mouth. He loves to play "Come and get me" I'm afraid he's got a new nickname thanks to you "Snockerchops" God I'm so sad!! Wow what a story re Halfdome! Gosh it sounds as though you have hiked a lot round an area I would love to visit! Post more piccis of yourself in dangerous places!! Re pumice photos. I shall try and dig them out this weekend! If you get back in shape you'll probably leave me behind. Great little picture game you started - thanks!!

ForeverSG1 you go for it!! You only live once - live it to the full!! Re the conversation issue. You are making great conversation right here!!!

Jckfan - 3 sheets LOL yes I'd forgotton that. Any more?? I may use for the Oh Yea Times!!

MajorSam re Scotland "Been there done that" had me on the floor weeping! I've been going to Scotland for 15 years and still haven't done it!! You must try:

Camping at Sandwood Bay - excellent wild camp!
                          Watching the sun set over the Isle of Skye from the summit of Lhader Beinn, then back to the bothy at Barrisdale for some grub and a natter with fellow walkers.
                          Wandering the fantastic beaches of Harris and Lewis - preferable with mate in tow - very romantic places!
                          The mountain bike trails around the Cairngorms - awesome singletrack!!
                          The fantastic Scrambling around Glen Coe (I'm taking Astro over the Aonach Eagach Ridge)
                          Rock climbing on Ben Nevis - some classic routes.
                          The fantastic Torridonian Mountains - (made out of what astro'?)
                          Ohhh I could go on but I feel you are all yawning right now about my lack of on topic chatter!!!!

Chocdoc - Nice post - lots of threaders with some fantastic kids!!!!

ChopinGal - You went to a Ceilidh (pronounced by us English as Kaylee) The most fun you can have dancing - er distant memory coming to the surface - maybe!!!

Skydiver - Thanks for the info re the polls!!

Astrogeologist. May have to post my season 5 comments tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too late?

ForeverSG1 - where are you with the bidding?

MajorSam - Where abouts in France are you heading? Paris? Enjoy London and take care!! By the way how has your theatre practice gone? When is the production being shown?

Everybody - Thanks for all the interesting posts!!

Comment

Any more photos of Samandans being posted? And when is the Pres' going to reveal herself?!

Comment

Hey guys! I've been gone for a while, cuz I have infrequent internet access at the moment...

*awkward silence as everyone tries to figure out HOW long Spaz has been gone*

I just wanted to let you guys know that I am just so impressed by this thread. Just as everyone else has said, it's very upbeat, very positive, just really cool. I hope to (one day ) catch up on all of the posts, and maybe make some more, too. Keep up the good/fun work guys! And I'll talk to you soon!

PS - I like your "Guess That Pic" game. Too bad I'm too slow to play, haha! I can almost hear some cheesy game show host's voice over some really bad intro music.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                                Astro. Are Sam and Jacob listening to Daniel saying something like "come in this is the Peltak" The response is I think we've left him in charge too long? Your last pic is it from Failsafe before the sparks fly?
                                Good guesses, Coley! You were 'spot on'! I love the affectionate humor and interaction between Sam and her Dad in Enemies/Exodus. And the conversation that you cited was exactly the one that I was thinking of (not sure if that actually matches the pic, though, because I got the pic from the amandatapping.com website - and there's no dialogue or indexing within the episode albums).

And... yes, the last pic was from Failsafe! Good catch!
                                Originally posted by Coley
                                Astrogeologist. May have to post my season 5 comments tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too late?
                                Definitely not too late!
                                Last edited by astrogeologist; 03 March 2005, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X