Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Okay - The Fifth Race one was too easy... Perhaps this one will be a little more challenging. What episode is this pic from and why is she grimacing?

OK - I got it! First Commandment!
    And she's grimacing because Jonas just hit her!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Fantastic post Uber! I agree with you on those highlights from Prodigy - that episode was one of the top three that I voted for from Season 4. I went back and added your comments to the Season 4 summary list for the ep. Prodigy.
      Thank you! You know it amuses me and sometimes annoys me when people look at Sam and start making comments that she's somehow lesser because of the Sam/Jack dynamic or the whole Pete storyline or the Gemini story...that she looks foolish and stupid or whatever. And it's at times like this that I just shake my head because they clearly don't get it.

What makes Sam such a great character is not the fact that she's a super scientist/super soldier - it's the fact that she's a super scientist/super soldier who isn't perfect, who has emotional/personal issues, who makes mistakes - but keeps on going and continues to improve herself while saving the galaxy.

I don't think I'd have such a high opinion of her if she did everything right all the time...where's the drama in that? Where's the surprise? Where's the depth? But when you examine her personality - her strengths and weaknesses - that's when you get to the real meat of the character...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

OK - I got it! First Commandment!
        And she's grimacing because Jonas just hit her!
        OK - you got the right episode - but I think she's grimacing because she just witnessed someone being thrown into the stargate back to earth with the full knowledge that the iris was still in place - but now I'll have to check on that...

Still haven't figured out the one with the hat and zat though doggoneit!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Okay - The Fifth Race one was too easy... Perhaps this one will be a little more challenging. What episode is this pic from and why is she grimacing?

Ah this one has me stumped!! At first I thought it might be
          Deadman's Switch, hmmmm.

Definitely an episode with trees. Trees and rocks and rocks and trees.
          which one could it be.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            OK, here's my picture. I tried to find one that wasn't from a big Sam episode because those are just too easy to recognize. This picture totally baffled me... I'm not sure I would have guessed it to be honest. I'd be highly impressed by anyone who does guess it.

P.S I also picked a picture with a hat because Sam's hair styles are
            an almost a dead give away to at least the season.

FOREVERSG1
            bloodlines. where they're ambushing teh jaffa in the champa groves to rescue ryac
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=ÜberSG-1Fan]Thank you! You know it amuses me and sometimes annoys me when people look at Sam and start making comments that she's somehow lesser because of the Sam/Jack dynamic or the whole Pete storyline or the Gemini story...that she looks foolish and stupid or whatever. And it's at times like this that I just shake my head because they clearly don't get it.
              QUOTE]

see, while i'm not a 'the world will end if they're not together' shipper (my friends tease me all the time that despite all the fic i write, there's a bare handful where sam and jack are together) i dont' see sam and jack's relationship as bad or weak. i don't see her as pining, or him either

what i see are two people who recognize that they have an issue, they recognize that they have feelings for each other. but they also recognize that they're not willing to 'fix' it, ie sam going to another team, jack quitting, her quitting, so they put the 'greater good' first and themselves second.

they keep thier issue under control, keep things platonic and appropriate and dont' simply let thier baser instincts rule, which is something all too rare in this day and age of instant gratification and 'gimme what i want now, i'll find a way to avoid the consequences later'

i found thier relationship to be rather honorable. i don't see sam or jack as weak because they didn't act, i see them as strong because they knew that they needed to work together to finish thier tasks, and thier personal lives were put on hold for the 'greater good'

sigpic

Comment

Guess The Episode

OK, this one's probably too easy - you folks have such great memories...
                but I really like this pic... and it's implications

Comment

Guess The Episode

OK, this one's probably too easy - you folks have such great memories... but I really like this pic... in it's implications
                  *cough*Thor's Chariot*cough*

Comment

Allright... you are all so quick at this....how about this one...

Guess That Episode

Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping website
                    Last edited by astrogeologist; 03 March 2005, 09:39 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Skydiver]
                      Thank you! You know it amuses me and sometimes annoys me when people look at Sam and start making comments that she's somehow lesser because of the Sam/Jack dynamic or the whole Pete storyline or the Gemini story...that she looks foolish and stupid or whatever. And it's at times like this that I just shake my head because they clearly don't get it.
                      QUOTE]

see, while i'm not a 'the world will end if they're not together' shipper (my friends tease me all the time that despite all the fic i write, there's a bare handful where sam and jack are together) i dont' see sam and jack's relationship as bad or weak. i don't see her as pining, or him either

what i see are two people who recognize that they have an issue, they recognize that they have feelings for each other. but they also recognize that they're not willing to 'fix' it, ie sam going to another team, jack quitting, her quitting, so they put the 'greater good' first and themselves second.

they keep thier issue under control, keep things platonic and appropriate and dont' simply let thier baser instincts rule, which is something all too rare in this day and age of instant gratification and 'gimme what i want now, i'll find a way to avoid the consequences later'

i found thier relationship to be rather honorable. i don't see sam or jack as weak because they didn't act, i see them as strong because they knew that they needed to work together to finish thier tasks, and thier personal lives were put on hold for the 'greater good'

Excellent response... I couldn't agree with you more.

Comment

[QUOTE=Skydiver]
                        QUOTE]

I was going to green ya, but it says I need to spread the jello love around some more
                        But to respond to your post...BINGO.

If you haven't figured out by my current sig pic, I am a shipper because I see the chemistry. Would I like to see or know that eventually they are able to get together? Sure. However, I am with you in that the world will not come to an end if I don't get an onscreen kiss. I'll just cry myself to sleep every night... just kidding.

The fact that they haven't given in is yet another key to understanding Jack and Sam's character. They respect the system and the cause to which they've dedicated their lives and they live by those rules. Unlike other shippers, I am not as disappointed that we haven't really seen anything onscreen yet - because to do so would mean that they've disregarded the principles and service to which they've pledged their oaths - and that comes first over personal emotional gratification. In fact, I'm willing to say that I would lose respect for both of them if they had done anything prior to now.

But with the arrangements changing next season, that opens the door slightly to more...not that I want a full story arc on the topic - this is after all not the "Sam and Jack Romance Hour". But subtle acknowledgements of the "something more" would be just fine...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          bloodlines. where they're ambushing teh jaffa in the champa groves to rescue ryac
                          Not the correct episode, but you're very warm!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            Not the correct episode, but you're very warm!
                            d'oh, it's family not bloodlines

sigpic

Comment

Allright... you are all so quick at this....how about this one...

Guess That Episode

The big hint of course, is that Jacob is in it, which narrows it down to a handful of episodes...
                              ...but I really liked the father-daughter interaction...
                              Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping website

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                No - can't be Bloodlines - that's a season 1 ep and they didn't have zats yet... plus the Ryac rescue was from Family...which was probably what you meant to say anyway...

Comment

Working...
                                X