• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam
    I agree, thanks for the pics

Decided to show some of my last year's (2004) GateCon ones:

<<< Like that one

A PICTURE OF ME THAT'S NOT ORANGERATED! And yes, I AM the TALLER ONE! Do you see the difference? Yup, that's right, i'm taller and proud of it (the pic was one my friend took when I ran up to ask my question, lol, poor thing didn't know there was a zoom on my camera... thus the bad quality resulting from my zooming in on computer!)

MY 150'TH POST HERE!!!!!
    Madam Pressie ... did you have your MajorSam yellow t-shirt on at that moment? Nice to see that you didn't bend down to let AT be taller!!

Great photos - that had to be one of the funniest presentations of the con - with those bad dudes onstage with Amanda. I did notice the water bottle in AT's hand and all the beer bottles on the table next to CJ and MS!

Thanks for putting the photos up online for all of us to enjoy! Please continue to share from your vast bucket of AT vintage photos! And congrats on the "150" - gosh, you're keeping count!

Comment

slightly cross posted...but just in case you guys don't get out of this thread and into the fanfic section

Yes, it's that time of year again: Time for you, the fans, to honour
      those you consider to be the best of the Stargate fandom.

We have a lot of new and exciting changes this year. Are you an
      Atlantis fan? You'll have the opportunity to nominate your favourite
      authors, artists, and vidmakers from the Pegasus galaxy because we've
      included Atlantis in the Stargate Fan Awards. The awards for Atlantis
      will run at the same time as those for SG-1 and will offer all of the
      same categories.

We also have a new Awards site. Come check out our 2005 look at
      http://www.stargatefanawards.com/

When you're there, please remember to read the Rules and Regulations -
      - and you may also want to check out our new Help area (which
      includes our FAQ). This year we're excited about bringing you a
      completely new layout for the Awards process, which means a different
      nomination method than that used in years past.

We will be open for nominations on March 14 2005, so now is the time
      to start making notes on the stories, art, websites, and videos you'd
      like to nominate. Nominations will be open for four weeks.

As always, if you have any questions or comments you can reach the
      Team via email <[email protected]>, through the contact form
      on our website, or by joining our Awards Discussion list <SG1Awards-
      [email protected]>.

Go forth and nominate!

The Stargate Fan Awards Team

______

so, go and check it out.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        slightly cross posted...but just in case you guys don't get out of this thread and into the fanfic section

Yes, it's that time of year again: Time for you, the fans, to honour
        those you consider to be the best of the Stargate fandom.

We have a lot of new and exciting changes this year. Are you an
        Atlantis fan? You'll have the opportunity to nominate your favourite
        authors, artists, and vidmakers from the Pegasus galaxy because we've
        included Atlantis in the Stargate Fan Awards. The awards for Atlantis
        will run at the same time as those for SG-1 and will offer all of the
        same categories.

We also have a new Awards site. Come check out our 2005 look at

When you're there, please remember to read the Rules and Regulations -
        - and you may also want to check out our new Help area (which
        includes our FAQ). This year we're excited about bringing you a
        completely new layout for the Awards process, which means a different
        nomination method than that used in years past.

We will be open for nominations on March 14 2005, so now is the time
        to start making notes on the stories, art, websites, and videos you'd
        like to nominate. Nominations will be open for four weeks.

As always, if you have any questions or comments you can reach the
        Team via email <[email protected]>, through the contact form
        on our website, or by joining our Awards Discussion list <SG1Awards-
        [email protected]>.

Go forth and nominate!

The Stargate Fan Awards Team

______

so, go and check it out.
        Sky ... this is great and thanks for cross posting because some of us are just grounded here in Samandaland.

I will check all your references out later ... and will attempt to cast some votes (exciting) as I've never done this part of fandom before. I know you've won previous fanfic awards, yourself, and am looking forward to nominating you and some of our other Samandan authors as well, or voting for ... if you're all already up there!

Just bookmarked the site! Thanks, again!
        Last edited by ChopinGal; 03 March 2005, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          I'd like to start a 'challenge' or 'game' of 'Guess That Episode' on our thread. We have so many great members who have such thoughtful comments about Sam scenes in almost every episode, that I think it would be fun to see if we can post pics that stump each other as to which pic came from which episode.

I thought I'd get us started with this one:

Guess That Episode
          Season 5 - Revelations(5.22)
          Sam's just been zatted by Osiris.

ForeverSG1

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Hmm. Okay - my guess is Revelations... I kinda recognize the ramp thing in the background... and her hair, definitely could be season 5...

Yup. Sticking with Revelations...

Okay, here's mine:

The Fifth Race(2.15)
            Sam and Teal'c were stuck on a planet with two rising suns and
            a broken DHD. Jack using the ancient downloaded database
            draws the schematics and details how to fix the dhd which helps
            the Sam come home safely.

Comment

isnt' she cute when she's got a sunburn??

i dont' have any place to put up pics or i'd link some...might as well make use of the hundreds of megs of pics i have on my HD

i know fifth race was very much a jack eps, but there was a missed potential for sam's side of things, such as her and teal'c marooned and dying that's rarely been touched on
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

OK, here's my picture. I tried to find one that wasn't from a big Sam episode because those are just too easy to recognize. This picture totally baffled me... I'm not sure I would have guessed it to be honest. I'd be highly impressed by anyone who does guess it.

P.S I also picked a picture with a hat because Sam's hair styles are
                an almost a dead give away to at least the season.

FOREVERSG1

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  isnt' she cute when she's got a sunburn??

i dont' have any place to put up pics or i'd link some...might as well make use of the hundreds of megs of pics i have on my HD

i know fifth race was very much a jack eps, but there was a missed potential for sam's side of things, such as her and teal'c marooned and dying that's rarely been touched on
                  Okay - The Fifth Race one was too easy... Perhaps this one will be a little more challenging. What episode is this pic from and why is she grimacing?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    OK, here's my picture. I tried to find one that wasn't from a big Sam episode because those are just too easy to recognize. This picture totally baffled me... I'm not sure I would have guessed it to be honest. I'd be highly impressed by anyone who does guess it.

FOREVERSG1
                    Hmm. Not sure on that one - I'm thinking early season two though...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hmm. Okay - my guess is Revelations... I kinda recognize the ramp thing in the background... and her hair, definitely could be season 5...Yup. Sticking with Revelations...Okay, here's mine:
                      Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Yep Astro's was Revelations And Uber's is The Fifth Race
                      Hehe I'll just use one of my sigs
                      Season 5 - Revelations(5.22)
                      Sam's just been zatted by Osiris.ForeverSG1
                      The Fifth Race(2.15)Sam and Teal'c were stuck on a planet with two rising suns anda broken DHD. Jack using the ancient downloaded database draws the schematics and details how to fix the dhd which helps the Sam come home safely.
                      WOW! You guys are just too good at this....hmmm... goes into store of pictures with narrowed eyes...

Yes, my pic was from Revelations - and you have blown me away with how well you all remembered that (very) short little scene.

And Uber's - I remembered Sam being stranded on the planet where the temp was going up, up, up - but I didn't remember the episode title... until I read it in AgentDark's post.

NOW - I figured out Agent Dark's!

Between Two Fires

And, I have to admit that I was only able to figure it out because I recognized the 'wall' behind Sam - it's similar to the wall behind Sam and Teal'c when they enter Narim's house... and I had just gone back and looked at those screen caps the other day...

Comment

FOREVERSG1
                        Errr... hmmm... scratches head....mumbles incoherently... Good choice...

And the hat -- another good choice - it hides the hair well... On one of the Season 7 commentaries (I think), AT says something like 'how to deal with the hair - just stuff a hat over it!' - she's always impressing me with her astuteness (is that a word?) and her ability to laugh at herself!

However, for the pic with the zat and hat ... I'd go for Season 1 or 2 because of the type of hat... don't remember seeing her wear that type very often.

Comment

Okay - The Fifth Race one was too easy... Perhaps this one will be a little more challenging. What episode is this pic from and why is she grimacing?
                          Another stumper... she looks like she's waking up from getting thumped... looks offworld... and it looks like someone's pantleg off to the left? Hmmm..

Comment

Now I'll admit that I haven't read this ENTIRE thread so I hope I'm not being repetitively reduntant about something somebody said previously ( ) - but I haven't seen any mention of Prodigy.

I think Prodigy was stellar work and it showed several sides of Sam's character and personality:

1. Super genius - she's a guest lecturer on a topic that's so far beneath her.
                            2. Not always perfect - she recognizes and acknowledges that she made a mistake in the calculation when Haley pointed it out.
                            3. Superior officer - the way she handled Haley - both in the lab and in General Kerrigan's office - but especially in Kerrigan's office and afterwards. She was brilliant in the way she dressed Haley down.
                            4. Mentor - despite Haley's chip on her shoulder, she recognized the potential and exposed her to a reality she couldn't have imagined.
                            5. Scientist - ever the explorer, Sam was able to examine one of the light bugs.
                            6. Unsure of herself - she fumbled a little to give O'Neill a temporary solution to the bug problem.
                            7. Quick on her feet - was able to give O'Neill a means to temporarily deal with the bugs even though she just arrived on the scene.

There are just so many episodes to choose from when considering the best Sam eps - I'll give it some more thought and post more later as I come up with them.

I personally think that the best episodes are the ones that show her different sides - that she isn't perfect, that she's not always right...she's a flawed individual with flawed human emotional reactions. At the same time, however, she doesn't give into the mistakes she's made or dilemmas she's faced.

She is a warrior in every sense of the term - completely unwilling to surrender to any deficiencies she sees in herself and to the neverending fireball of chaos that is her daily life (one day she's being tortured by Fifth, the next day she's being shot at by Jaffa...). Just go through a mental list of all her character has faced over the past eight years and put yourself in her shoes. Would you have the strength of character to persevere?

I'm thinking being captured and held on Netu for any length of time like she was in The Devil You Know or having my DNA rearranged like hers was in Metamorphosis would probably be enough to have me throw in the proverbial towel and get a job as a waitress or something...
                            Fantastic post Uber! I agree with you on those highlights from Prodigy - that episode was one of the top three that I voted for from Season 4. I went back and added your comments to the Season 4 summary list for the ep. Prodigy.

Comment

Errr... hmmm... scratches head....mumbles incoherently... Good choice...

And the hat -- another good choice - it hides the hair well... On one of the Season 7 commentaries (I think), AT says something like 'how to deal with the hair - just stuff a hat over it!' - she's always impressing me with her astuteness (is that a word?) and her ability to laugh at herself!

However, for the pic with the zat and hat ... I'd go for Season 1 or 2 because of the type of hat... don't remember seeing her wear that type very often.
                              Well it can't be season 1 because zats weren't introduced until Within the Serpent's Grasp...

Comment

Another stumper... she looks like she's waking up from getting thumped... looks offworld... and it looks like someone's pantleg off to the left? Hmmm..
                                The pantleg is a definite clue here... but I'm not saying more than that!

Comment

Working...
                                X