Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    I put some of the pictures on imageshack to share with you guys. They aren't the best ones (repetitive), but AMANDA'S IN THEM!

I hope this works.

Sally
    I agree, thanks for the pics

Decided to show some of my last year's (2004) GateCon ones:

<<< Like that one

A PICTURE OF ME THAT'S NOT ORANGERATED! And yes, I AM the TALLER ONE! Do you see the difference? Yup, that's right, i'm taller and proud of it (the pic was one my friend took when I ran up to ask my question, lol, poor thing didn't know there was a zoom on my camera... thus the bad quality resulting from my zooming in on computer!)

MY 150'TH POST HERE!!!!!
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
      A PICTURE OF ME THAT'S NOT ORANGERATED! And yes, I AM the TALLER ONE! Do you see the difference? Yup, that's right, i'm taller and proud of it (the pic was one my friend took when I ran up to ask my question, lol, poor thing didn't know there was a zoom on my camera... thus the bad quality resulting from my zooming in on computer!)
      Great pics from the Gatecon... and LOL at how you didn't have to orangerate that last pic! Great silhouettes!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Great pics from the Gatecon... and LOL at how you didn't have to orangerate that last pic! Great silhouettes!

Oooh yes, aren't they just Once again, my friend didn't know about the zoom!!

I've yet ANOTHER non-Orangerated pic! What is WRONG with me tonite!?!? The front side of my GateCon 2004 shirt, signed by almost everyone, at the time. Unfortunately the home-made cartoon and Amanda's auto are on the back... and WOW the flash made my chest area look really white, but my arms all dark... pretend i'm fabulously tanned all over

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

I agree, thanks for the pics

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/sgd.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/sdg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/hfafhafh.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...asfdhgasdh.jpg <<< Like that one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...orSam/asdg.jpg

MY 150'TH POST HERE!!!!!

Thanks for sharing, MajSam!

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

I've yet ANOTHER non-Orangerated pic! What is WRONG with me tonite!?!? The front side of my GateCon 2004 shirt, signed by almost everyone, at the time. Unfortunately the home-made cartoon and Amanda's auto are on the back... and WOW the flash made my chest area look really white, but my arms all dark... pretend i'm fabulously tanned all over

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/moi.jpg
            It does make it look like you have a great tan on your arms! And... do I detect some whited-out areas at the top of the pic... hmmm... perhaps instead of orangerating by the weird orangemonsteralien, there was the edge of a white ceiling tile in the way? Great pic - you got a whole slew of autographs!

Comment

All these pics of you guys with AT makes me jealous

I wonder if she'll come down my neck of the woods for a con again? /me hopes

Wow at all those autographs MajorSam. I wonder how much you could sell that shirt for?
              And I take it you wern't wearing it while it got signed

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

Wow at all those autographs MajorSam. I wonder how much you could sell that shirt for?
                And I take it you wern't wearing it while it got signed
                Why on Earth would I NOT be wearing it!?!? are you some secret nudist radical!? Of COURSE I was wearing it, do you really think I would pass up such a brilliant chance for... *cough* I mean... JR Bourne, Colin Cunningham, Corin, Chris, Micheal... *sigh* times I shall NEVER forget. Look and see where those guys' auto's were

HAHA, Don was VERY sweet when he signed *laughs remebering Don in his southern drawl saying "I don't mean ta be freeesh" ah it was beautiful... *sigh*

Very happy to say that I did indeed get EVERY person who was there on that Saturday to sign Like i've said, my friends and I are becoming quite... known, for the whole custom-clothes-signing-shirts thing. I don't mean to show off with all these things i'm saying/posting, it's just that these people are like, my reason for living, and I love them all so much, it just amazes me that I can have these experiences with them. And I figure, you only live once, so go for it, try to get all you can

Oh, regarding selling price, OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!!! That shirt was specifically made to be worn on that day, signed, then put into a very special place for safe-keeping for all time, along with my previous one!!! I would never EVER sell, lol. If I was dying and needed that money, well, guess i'd die! *loves shirts and will cherish always*

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Why on Earth would I NOT be wearing it!?!? are you some secret nudist radical!? Of COURSE I was wearing it, do you really think I would pass up such a brilliant chance for... *cough* I mean... JR Bourne, Colin Cunningham, Corin, Chris, Micheal... *sigh* times I shall NEVER forget. Look and see where those guys' auto's were

HAHA, Don was VERY sweet when he signed *laughs remebering Don in his southern drawl saying "I don't mean ta be freeesh" ah it was beautiful... *sigh*

Very happy to say that I did indeed get EVERY person who was there on that Saturday to sign Like i've said, my friends and I are becoming quite... known, for the whole custom-clothes-signing-shirts thing. I don't mean to show off with all these things i'm saying/posting, it's just that these people are like, my reason for living, and I love them all so much, it just amazes me that I can have these experiences with them. And I figure, you only live once, so go for it, try to get all you can

Oh, regarding selling price, OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!!! That shirt was specifically made to be worn on that day, signed, then put into a very special place for safe-keeping for all time, along with my previous one!!! I would never EVER sell, lol. If I was dying and needed that money, well, guess i'd die! *loves shirts and will cherish always*
                  O.O

Obviously the Madame President is very protective of her shirt. I meant no disregard to it, or to you Ma'am. You may have my head if you wish.

/me backs away slowly...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

The ONLY reason I could go to that convention that Amanda attended was because a- it was super close to where I live that I could just drive down, b- it was super inexpensive that I didn't have to go without food or clothes for months to attend, and c- both of the above. Creation is too expensive for me. Heck, restaurants are too expensive for me. I feel it was a once in a life-time shot, so I took it.

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      I just can't wait to see how they're going to bring her back! And maybe Amanda will want to take it a bit easy at first, so they might have Sam have a broken leg or something... and she won't tell them how she got it. (she'll end up admitting that jack was involved, but won't say in what way )

She'll be back in episode 6!

Sally
                      Actually Sally - she might be in episode one... Just because she's missing 5 episodes doesn't mean it's sequential right? I think I'm right on this... they could do the taping on later episodes or something?

I'm not being sarcastic here, I really want to know...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I'd like to start a 'challenge' or 'game' of 'Guess That Episode' on our thread. We have so many great members who have such thoughtful comments about Sam scenes in almost every episode, that I think it would be fun to see if we can post pics that stump each other as to which pic came from which episode.

I thought I'd get us started with this one:

Guess That Episode

Post your guesses!
                        And, I have to admit, that I would not have gotten this episode from this screen cap. I think I've only seen this episode once, but based on everyone's comments, I am going to go back and watch it again in the near future!
                        Photo is from the Amanda Tapping website Stargate SG-1 Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Unfortunately I'm not gonna go into too much detail about all my favorites for season five, but here's a brief run-down of a few of them.

Red Sky: I truly love this episode because for the first time we saw Sam admit that something she's done( by-passing protocals on the dialing computer ) may have caused the problem they are facing on the planet, and despite all of their efforts there is nothing SG-1 can do to fix it.

Warrior: I know this isn't a big Sam episode, but I really love the scene where she demonstrates the effectiveness of the P-90. It was really cool how they expressed O'Neill's complete confidence in Sam's abilities. It was great to see Sam showing all the boys how it's done, and that 'sweet' smile at the end said she felt the same way.

Ascension: I really liked Ascension because we got to see a personal side
                          of Sam for the first time: her car, her house, the obsene amount of computer's she has in her house ( like I so don't believe she's not surfing at home ). The one thing I didn't like about this episode is that I felt the team totally let her down. I didn't like how she had no support from them until the end. You could totally see a look of betrayal on her face when she entered Hammond's office and found out they had been watching her the entire time. Poor Sammy.
                          One other note: Was I the only one who watched this episode and kept
                          thinking 'Meet Joe Black' whenever Orlin spoke? I liked Orlin, he was sweet.

Fail Safe: Loved the astroid going through the planet at the end. It was
                          actually quite cool to see the team deal with such a big issue like this without having to get the Asgard or Tok'rah to intervene. Only negative...didn't quite understand why Sam had to explain how to deactivate a bomb to O'Neill. Isn't that the sort of thing he specialized in Black-Ops? Other than that, Sam was brilliant as always.

Meridian: Loved the scene at the beginning when Sam is trying to explain
                          what happened to Daniel and in the infirmary when she is saying good-bye... is a tear jerker.

2001: Who doesn't love that drop at the end? It was nice getting to see
                          Joe again (for the first time) and seeing where Sam/Joe's (2010) relationship
                          began. Only negative to this episode... the total lack of concern the guys showed for Sam when she fell through the Stargate. I think I've seen Jack show more concern for Daniel after he's sneezed. If I was AT, I would have kicked some butts that day. Hmmmph.

Between Two Fires: I really loved the scene when Sam hears her own voice
                          as the computers simulated voice.

Desperate Measures: I was disappointed with this episode only because I thought it had the greatest potential to delve into the ramifications of the blending between Sam/Jolinar. This could have been for Sam what Abyss was for Jack but instead they chose to keep Sam drugged most of the time.

ForeverSG1
                          Now I'll admit that I haven't read this ENTIRE thread so I hope I'm not being repetitively reduntant about something somebody said previously ( ) - but I haven't seen any mention of Prodigy.

I think Prodigy was stellar work and it showed several sides of Sam's character and personality:

1. Super genius - she's a guest lecturer on a topic that's so far beneath her.
                          2. Not always perfect - she recognizes and acknowledges that she made a mistake in the calculation when Haley pointed it out.
                          3. Superior officer - the way she handled Haley - both in the lab and in General Kerrigan's office - but especially in Kerrigan's office and afterwards. She was brilliant in the way she dressed Haley down.
                          4. Mentor - despite Haley's chip on her shoulder, she recognized the potential and exposed her to a reality she couldn't have imagined.
                          5. Scientist - ever the explorer, Sam was able to examine one of the light bugs.
                          6. Unsure of herself - she fumbled a little to give O'Neill a temporary solution to the bug problem.
                          7. Quick on her feet - was able to give O'Neill a means to temporarily deal with the bugs even though she just arrived on the scene.

There are just so many episodes to choose from when considering the best Sam eps - I'll give it some more thought and post more later as I come up with them.

I personally think that the best episodes are the ones that show her different sides - that she isn't perfect, that she's not always right...she's a flawed individual with flawed human emotional reactions. At the same time, however, she doesn't give into the mistakes she's made or dilemmas she's faced.

She is a warrior in every sense of the term - completely unwilling to surrender to any deficiencies she sees in herself and to the neverending fireball of chaos that is her daily life (one day she's being tortured by Fifth, the next day she's being shot at by Jaffa...). Just go through a mental list of all her character has faced over the past eight years and put yourself in her shoes. Would you have the strength of character to persevere?

I'm thinking being captured and held on Netu for any length of time like she was in The Devil You Know or having my DNA rearranged like hers was in Metamorphosis would probably be enough to have me throw in the proverbial towel and get a job as a waitress or something...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            I'd like to start a 'challenge' or 'game' of 'Guess That Episode' on our thread. We have so many great members who have such thoughtful comments about Sam scenes in almost every episode, that I think it would be fun to see if we can post pics that stump each other as to which pic came from which episode.

I thought I'd get us started with this one:

Guess That Episode

Post your guesses!
                            And, I have to admit, that I would not have gotten this episode from this screen cap. I think I've only seen this episode once, but based on everyone's comments, I am going to go back and watch it again in the near future!
                            Photo is from the Amanda Tapping website Stargate SG-1 Gallery
                            Hmm. Okay - my guess is Revelations... I kinda recognize the ramp thing in the background... and her hair, definitely could be season 5...

Yup. Sticking with Revelations...

Okay, here's mine:

Last edited by Uber; 02 March 2005, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Yep Astro's was Revelations

And Uber's is The Fifth Race

Hehe I'll just use one of my sigs

Comment

A story myself. The summer before 9/11 I went on a grand world trip with my Family, our trip ended and we flew in exactly a week BEFORE 9/11. the Tuesday before the Tuesday. My mom wouldn't fly for AGES afterwards. I think even until our New Zealand/Australia trip last year...

Here's one for you: I was so angry at what happened, that on the first anniversary of the bombing, I went online and deliberately booked my airline tickets to fly across the country ... something in me (Sam Carter spunk?) wanted to have the 09/11 date as the date the flight was booked. Kind of an "in your face" attitude.

Lol, I can actually definately see that as an ad-lib, but with Amanda cracking up. Sushi is her favourite food in the world, she's claimed she would "crawl over broken glass naked" to get it, so I can see RDA putting that in for her

I remember reading that interview about the sushi and this does look like RDA managed to zap her!

I will definately enjoy my trip, in London i'm going to a production of Phantom of the Opera (Love it to bits) and then all the London Eye, Tower of London etc. (or so is planned, you never know what will ACTUALLY happen)

Enjoy meeting your SamFan buddy and enjoy London! It's one of the world's great cities! Don't forget to take a ride on the two-tiered red bus. My daughter and I were going to do the London Eye but we had a fidgety ten-month old along with us and couldn't picture slowly rotating for almost an hour in an enclosed ferris wheel! We could not politely "get off" if the baby started howling and fussing. Couldn't do that to our fellow tourists. You do it, and tell us all about it!
                                Scotland? Been there done that Rained a lot while I was there... but it did in London as well got some good golf in on the grounds of this castle... very nice. Love Scotland One of the highlights, for little Canadian me, was the "Chemist" sounds like a country full of mad scientists!

I had the good fortune to attend a January wedding in Scotland almost ten years ago. The bride and groom rented an entire castle and we lived there, with roaring fires, attending butlers, secret passageways, the groom's dinner in the dungeon, and Scottish ponies roaming the grounds ... all the men at the wedding reception wore kilts ... and we did some kind of countrie line dance during the night ... testosterone levels were running high! The only thing missing was Murray and his Merry Minstrels!

As Coley would say, remember to take your Quaker Oats and Auntie Ella for the chilly and damp London weather! Have a great, great time!!
                                I guess I really answered you above ... just hoping you enjoy yourself and the sights of London town! Oh ... and France ... how could I forget France! Quel chou! That's the whole purpose of your trip, right?

Fear of flying is so overrated ... we have to convince our fellow Samandans to just get on the plane and have plenty of blue jello! I've already sat next to guys I knew were air marshalls - trust me - you just know - by their look, haircut, overbaggy jeans, size, and conversation. I think that life must go on and we cannot let terror dictate our quality of life or freedom. Oops ... steps down from soapbox. Sorry.
                                Last edited by ChopinGal; 03 March 2005, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X