Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deepspace
    Majorsam, thankyou so much for telling us about your time on the set.
    Er, I mean…
    Dear Madam President,
    I think I speak for all Samandan citizens when I say that we are all extremely greatful to you for sharing with us your experience on the set of Desparate Measures. Any other stories of your adventures would be most welcome. I have to say that the photos would look rather better if Amanda Tapping did not have a huge orange monstercreaturealien beside her, and I do believe the inscription upon one picture reads ‘You are beautiful’, as I’m sure you would be if we could see you.
    Lol, yes indeed it does say "You are beautiful" on one of those pics I got her to autograph it at GateCon... 200...2!!! the orange...."monstercreaturealien" (HAH) on her, like I said, was blotting out my name, from said autographing.

Great pics everyone!!!!! Loooove the big overhanging geologist crazy-hike could have died pic. So... revealing! You're gorgeous, I swear GREAT pics to everyone else as well! AWWW, You're daughter is SOOO cute! *loves babies/little kids very much*

*also wished Desperate Measures could have been written differently* If i'd known at the time what was going to happen, they would have heard a piece of my mind Alas, no mind piece (Laughs as remembers Amanda telling me about the "special 100th episode" they were starting to film that Friday, as we laughed about the episode they just filmed with the return of "Joe" we had great fun making fun of him )

Ooh, and a massive THANK YOU to anyone who's given me some green lovin' lately, I just recieved my next glowy, I believe!!!! I looove that green stuff!

((((((((((((((((((SAMANDA))))))))))))))))))

Ooh, on another note, I must admit I was at a... social event involving dancing, last nite, for quiiite some time. The Royal Gala has just set me loose! On this note, I unfortunately neglected some of the things I had to do, and so they have piled up. (as well as from spending so much time here!) and so I must do it all today. I am in a theatre production right now, that's going into a festival, with a very young director/writer, and we have rehearsals both today and tomorrow for a few hours. All this means I might not be able to get on until late Thursday (it's Wednesday morning for me...7:30) or Friday. The posts seem to be going like wildfire, so just a note that it's AGAINST my will if I can't make it for a few days to join in the "intellectually stimulating" conversations
    Last edited by MajorSam; 02 March 2005, 06:36 AM.
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

And is that your 4year old Kallesta, Royal Nanny? She actually looks very grown up for her age.

Yes, this is indeed my four year old. What's the old saying four going on forty? Actually the photo was taken a week after her fourth birthday on a cruise we took last December. She had just recieved a Captain's hat from one of the crew member, for which she was very proud. I have a feeling she is much more like young Sam Carter than I had hoped for initially. Like most four year olds she loves Blue's Clues, but already her passtime includes games like Uno, Parcheesi, and a computer game called Rollercoaster Tycoon. She'll sit for hours playing that one on the weekends if we let her. I was actually shocked the first time she played it. I figured she'd get bored after five minutes but amazingly she was really good at it. Just to give you a small clue as to how her mind thinks...when she asks for a sandwich for lunch this is what she says...

"Momma, I want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but I want it cut into quarters ok? Only two quarters though, you can save the other two for later."

It's very cute now, seeing this little girl act so grown up at times, but there are moments when I'm truly frightened at what she will be like in ten years. Way above me I'm sure. I'll start feeling like Jack around Sam. Guess I should get my 'Wormhole theory for dummies" book out so I can start pushing her into the right direction.

Back to the topic of Sam...

ForeverSG1

Comment

I like your Samanda sig ForeverSG1 It’s got Sam, and beans, and orange, and it’s got SAMANDA! I can see how it could be confusing to people who don’t know the complex system of Royal Court that we have here.And I definitely prefer the version with semi transparent writing.
        I agree!
        It would seem like our Royal geologist is truly trying to reach space here.
        LOL!
        And On Topic:
        Of all the personal life storylines that they’ve written into Stargate, I think Sam’s father Jacob was probably one of my favourites. I always enjoy episodes that he's been in, including the latest Reckoning.
        Great post, deepspace... tried to rep you, but it won't let me, so there's blue jello for you in the Royal Fridge when you want a snack.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
          WOOOW! Beautiful! Breathtaking! I just set this as my new desktop.
          Erk... on your desktop...now I'm really embarrassed at the red shorts and bright yellow T-shirt! I think I was color blind in my early 20's...

Hmmm... 'Great White North...eh'? Would that be... Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
            Lol, yes indeed it does say "You are beautiful" on one of those pics I got her to autograph it at GateCon... 200...2!!! the orange...."monstercreaturealien" (HAH) on her, like I said, was blotting out my name, from said autographing.

*also wished Desperate Measures could have been written differently* If i'd known at the time what was going to happen, they would have heard a piece of my mind Alas, no mind piece
            LOL at 'alas, no mind piece'...
            Originally posted by MajorSam
            The posts seem to be going like wildfire, so just a note that it's AGAINST my will if I can't make it for a few days to join in the "intellectually stimulating" conversations
            You will be missed... we'll just want extra Sam/AT pics posted when you get back!
            And more on-set stories and such!
            Last edited by astrogeologist; 02 March 2005, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Back to the topic of Sam...

ForeverSG1
              WOW! Another great Sam-panel!
              Love the lock-picking, motorcycle-riding astrophysicist!
              Great pic choices!
              The shot of Sam and Jack through the map-board is great!
              Sam and the Indian in The Curse - good shot.
              And the last pic looks like... Nightwalkers?
              Your phrase at the bottom of your banner reminds me of a fic I read awhile back... that went something along these lines of...
              Jack exits the elevator and is distracted as Sam walks by...
              he stumbles (because he's watching her instead of where his feet should go)...
              and Jonas smugly mutters something along the lines of
              'ahh...astrophysics, lock-picking and equilibrium-disturbing'...

now I know that I haven't got that just right... so someone help me out here... what fic was it? and how did that line really go? Skydiver? TokraHostess? MajorSal? Any other avid fanfic readers?

Comment

not familiar to me, sorry
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  WOW! Another great Sam-panel!
                  Love the lock-picking, motorcycle-riding astrophysicist!
                  Great pic choices!
                  The shot of Sam and Jack through the map-board is great!
                  Sam and the Indian in The Curse - good shot.
                  And the last pic looks like... Nightwalkers?
                  Your phrase at the bottom of your banner reminds me of a fic I read awhile back... that went something along these lines of...
                  Jack exits the elevator and is distracted as Sam walks by...
                  he stumbles (because he's watching her instead of where his feet should go)... and Jonas smugly mutters something along the lines of
                  'ahh...astrophysics, lock-picking and equilibrium-disturbing'...

now I know that I haven't got that just right... so someone help me out here... what fic was it? and how did that line really go? Skydiver? TokraHostess? MajorSal? Any other avid fanfic readers?
                  Laugh, yeah last photo is from Nightwalkers... actually the
                  quote at the bottom is from nightwalkers as well. It's what
                  Sam says to Jonas as she's picking the lock.

Hey someone just posted this site on the shipper page.
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...705393700&rd=1

Anyone know if this is a legit company??? I am SO tempted
                  in bidding for this thing. Wonder if my husband would freak if
                  I bid $5000.00.

Anyone familiar with the charity they are talking about?
                  Oooh, wonder if we could all go together and bid a much
                  bigger amount for more than one of us to get to go? I'll
                  have to write to the company and ask.

FOREVERSG1

Comment

Laugh, yeah last photo is from Nightwalkers... actually the
                    quote at the bottom is from nightwalkers as well. It's what
                    Sam says to Jonas as she's picking the lock.

I bid $5000.00.

FOREVERSG1
                    Wow... I checked out the link... and I wouldn't have a clue how to check on the legitimacy of the auction... did LOL a bit at the 'location of item' - Langley BC, Canada... it's just weird to refer to a person an object! One thought does occur to me though... if this is truly legit, wouldn't Gateworld, or the Amanda Tapping website, have a big notice about it? I don't know how all of these things work...
                    Your latest banner with the Nightwalkers phrase isn't coming up for me right now... are you working on it?

Comment

I think there is something going on with the server I store my photos because they are all showing up as x's right now Hopefully it will be working again soon. I'll have to go check out the net for more info on the auction for lunch with AT.

I sent the site for it to my husband, god I hope he doesn't bid without talking to me. I'm the practical one, he's high impulsive. The only reason I don't have a ticket to the Vancouver Con right now is because he couldn't find the site to purchase one. Sweetest guy in the world but when it comes to money...it doesn't matter if it's $5 or $5000.00...if it's something he thinks I want, he'll buy it. Which isn't always a good thing. Though this may be the one time where I didn't complain about it. LOL

FOREVERSG1

Comment

I think there is something going on with the server I store my photos because they are all showing up as x's right now Hopefully it will be working again soon. I'll have to go check out the net for more info on the auction for lunch with AT.

I sent the site for it to my husband, god I hope he doesn't bid without talking to me. I'm the practical one, he's high impulsive. The only reason I don't have a ticket to the Vancouver Con right now is because he couldn't find the site to purchase one. Sweetest guy in the world but when it comes to money...it doesn't matter if it's $5 or $5000.00...if it's something he thinks I want, he'll buy it. Which isn't always a good thing. Though this may be the one time where I didn't complain about it. LOL

FOREVERSG1
                        Where do you store your photos? And - if your husband gets this lunch with AT for you - wow! you have a *fantastic* husband! And you'll have to tell us all about it... and take pics... and post them...

Comment

I bid $5000.00.

FOREVERSG1
                          Here's the scoop - if it's what I've been reading about on the [email protected] listsrve it's funding the Vancouver Food Bank - each year SG1/Stargate Productions allows items and services to be e-Bayed and all returns go to the Food Bank's special fundraiser where massive amounts of cans of food are displayed in some kind of sculptures or whatever. Then all is dismantled and food stocked at the local food-bank sites for the homeless/needy. MajorSam is from Vancouver and may know more about this too.

I can't believe the bidding has gone up to $4000 - wow! - is Sam Carter a hot item or what? A lunch with AT really seems to be something everyone wants! She should be pleased.

Someone named "Sandy" is the president of the Amanda Tapping Fan Club - why don't you Google AT Fan Club now and see if it will take you to the website - I'm at school and don't have all details on this PC - but, AstroG is on the listsrve with me - she may be able to give you a direct link to joining and you can then talk to Sandy or a "Jill" about this whole eBay charity auction.

If it's for the Vancouver Food Bank, then it should be legit! What a hubby you have! Holy Hannah - you sure you want lunch with Amanda now - or tea in London with Amanda and your hubby along?! That much money will surely take care of a weekend in London for GABIT (or come close)! Good luck and keep us posted! And, if you win this auction, you will have to provide full details and photos of you and AT, and, most importantly, get a Samanda Jelly Bean T-Shirt made to give to our Queen!

Comment

i think legends is running it and yes, they're legit. sometimes a little slow to mail things out, but a legitimate company

my only word of warning...5000 for lunch, does that count getting there?? or is that part of it?

if it's not included, just remember to factor in air fare, hotel and such so that, if you win such a stellar prize, you don't lose out due to some technicality
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              the [email protected] listsrve Someone named "Sandy" is the president of the Amanda Tapping Fan Club - why don't you Google AT Fan Club now and see if it will take you to the website - I'm at school and don't have all details on this PC - but, AstroG is on the listsrve with me - she may be able to give you a direct link to joining and you can then talk to Sandy or a "Jill" about this whole eBay charity auction.
                              Here's a link to the Yahoo Groups AT Fan Club
                              If you already have a Yahoo ID and password, you will be asked to login and then you can join the club. If you don't already have a Yahoo ID and password, then you can make one up (it's free - and it only takes a few minutes).
                              Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              And, if you win this auction, you will have to provide full details and photos of you and AT, and, most importantly, get a Samanda Jelly Bean T-Shirt made to give to our Queen!
                              Absolutely!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                Here's a pic of me with Amanda and Don. My mom took the pic.

Sally

Sally

Great shot! You all look so happy (did you just get done eating blue jello?!) Is your mom now a fan?!

Love Don's shirt! Thanks for sharing the photo - more, more please!

Comment

Working...
                                X