Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver

... that's why, at cons, i try to leave the actors alone if i just bump into them in the hall or the such. i mean, i'll say hi, but not corral them or anything. i personally would find being surrounded like that kinda stressful so i try to be respectful and keep my distance
    Does anyone remember an interview Amanda did where she talked about her first scifi con and she and Teryl were literally chased (or followed) into the ladies' room? The fans wouldn't even let them have some privacy there ...
    I agree with you, Sky ... that's a bit much. Now we know why some of the Hollywood stars punch out the papparazzi - it has to become stressful.

Amanda, though, seems to give 110% towards accommodating her fans ... didn't she stay overtime at a couple of the cons just so all the fans would get her autograph? (I'm just remembering bits and pieces of magazine articles I've read or articles on her website.)

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      RE the pic of AstroG on the cliff...:
      For the Jester to be speechless is quite an event ... I'm speechless!
      (Hushed silence while moment of speechlessness passes)

I knew you were a geologist, but this one photo puts your profession into fresh perspective. An absolutely amazing shot ... which means that one of your college friends had to be miles away at another summit point, taking the photo! Obviously you do not have a fear of heights. I love this photo!!
      One of my college friends did take that pic, but she was also standing on the top of Half Dome - just further along the edge (and probably not as close *to* the edge!)... she did a great job of framing and composing this pic (she was an art major with a geology minor!). And, as for not having a fear of heights... I have to admit that my stomach dropped a bit - when I saw this photo! When we were on the top, I didn't know that the granite slabs were overhanging as you can see in the photo. When we got the pics developed, I had to laugh at my stupidity for sitting where I did... and *then* my friend admits that she was a bit scared for me... but she didn't say *anything* at the time! Or even later that day! She was a stoic one - she got such bad blisters from the hike up, that she took off her boots and hiked the 8+ miles down in cheap $0.99 flip-flops (that she happened to have in her daypack!). I couldn't have done that without whining for 8 miles!

Still LOL ... only a geologist would write "sitting on the edge of the exfoliating granite slabs" ... I would have written "sitting on the precipice of disaster"! And, BTW, is "orangerated" a new verb?!
      at exfoliating granite slabs!
      And orangerated ... just seemed to fit what MajorSam has done to herself in her photos...
      (I concatenated orange and obliterated )
      Last edited by astrogeologist; 01 March 2005, 07:02 PM.

Comment

that's always been my one beef with desp meas. it just ended soo wrong.

here's poor sam, drugged and strapped to a bed for the better part of a week (we definitely know it's been 4 days at one point) and boing, she's just up and running and there's apparanty no fallout for her

aah, i don't think so

maybe that's why i've written so many tags for it (and keep pestering folks for more)

this one needed about 10 more minutes of something
        Definitely feel the same way ... and I've read all your alternate-ending stories and loved them!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Aww, it won't let me give you any more jello!!!But that's ok... I have a very nice substitute, although not
          as nice as the jello.

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!!
          ForeverSG1
          Green M&M's ah, yes... those go with the special blue bean, if I understand things correctly...
          And nice pic of Kallesta - she a doll!

Comment

that's always been my one beef with desp meas. it just ended soo wrong.

here's poor sam, drugged and strapped to a bed for the better part of a week (we definitely know it's been 4 days at one point) and boing, she's just up and running and there's apparanty no fallout for her

aah, i don't think so

maybe that's why i've written so many tags for it (and keep pestering folks for more)

this one needed about 10 more minutes of something
            Definitely feel the same way ... and I've read all your alternate-ending stories and loved them!
            Oh, my hand is up and voting for another Skydiver fanfic AU for Desperate Measures!
            *Astrog seen stuffing the ballot box for more Skydiver AU Desperate Measure fics...*

Comment

Does anyone remember an interview Amanda did where she talked about her first scifi con and she and Teryl were literally chased (or followed) into the ladies' room? The fans wouldn't even let them have some privacy there ...
              I agree with you, Sky ... that's a bit much. Now we know why some of the Hollywood stars punch out the papparazzi - it has to become stressful.

Amanda, though, seems to give 110% towards accommodating her fans ... didn't she stay overtime at a couple of the cons just so all the fans would get her autograph? (I'm just remembering bits and pieces of magazine articles I've read or articles on her website.)
              yes, she's always been more than accomodating.

last year's gatecon they took pictures for almost 10 hours (it was a wee bit disorganized so ran waaaaayyyy long)

and yes, both she and teryl have been 'stalked'...i think one year a female fan even followed peter williams into the john

that's one reason also i try to keep my distance and be respectful to them. such as 'can i give you a hug' and the such. I know my first year i snagged tony amondala in the photo room, i couldn't afford a photo with him but said 'can i give bra'tac a hug?'...and of course, he said yes but if he'd said no, then i would have just moved on
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                Oh, my hand is up and voting for another Skydiver fanfic AU for Desperate Measures!
                *Astrog seen stuffing the ballot box for more Skydiver AU Desperate Measure fics...*

lol

i've written 4 different tags to that i think. maybe one of these days, when i get a good idea that i haven't done before

how about one of you guys? y'all write fic (some fellow samandans anyway)

is there some other desp meas tags out there that i haven' t found yet?
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey, I just ran across this sound clip

Green is Good?

http://www.stargatefan.com/multimedi...ds/greenis.wav
                  Click on the link to hear the dialogue

Comment

looks around. Me????? you're talking to me????

umm, really? someone's talking to me????

sure sally, i'll add it

I can't green you, so thanks.

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

GREAT sig!

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

You're definitely a very brave young woman. I'm not sure if I would have been so bold as to speak with Amanda. One on one I do well in chats, but around a bunch of people I don't think I would have ever said anything to her.
                        I admire people who have the courage to stand up and be noticed.

My sister has been a big fan of Rick Springfield's (not sure if you know who he is or not), for the past twenty years. She was 13 yrs old when she first met him. She's met him about a dozen times since then because she always has the nerve to go up and say 'hi'. I get to live vicariously through her and people like yourself.

If Amanda was sitting next to me at a bus stop for two hours, I don't know if I'd have the nerve to say 'Hi'. Hopefully she would be bored enough to say 'hi' first.

ForeverSG1
                        I met Amanda at a ComicCon in July, 2003. Don S. Davis was there too. My mom and I went together, and even though she's a fan, she went with me so I didn't have to go alone. Anyhoo... I got to talk to her... I was nervous, but I actually was able to talk to her. I had a letter to give her from a friend of mine that I was very anxious to give her (didn't want to let down my friend), but I also wanted to be able to talk to her for my own purposes. I did! I told her I was a shipper AND a Sam/Amanda fan. She told me she'd just finished doing a kissing scene with Jack/RDA the previous week, and that boy, that man has tonsils! I wish I could remember everything she said, but my brain went on a mini shut down because I WAS MEETING AMANDA! After my mom and I got autographs from Amanda and Don (I literally ignored Don at that time, but made up for it later when I got a hug and kiss from him ), I let my mom go sit down while I stood and watched the rest of the autographs. I took some more pics and just enjoyed being there and seeing Amanda. When Amanda was ready to go, and got up from the seat, she glanced over to me and said thank you SALLY (yes, she said my name! *I'm such a fangirl *) for giving her the letter. She noticed me, and that made me feel very special. I love Amanda.

Sally

*edited to add* I forgot to say that the kiss Amanda was talking about ending up being THE great Sam/Jack kiss from Grace.
                        Last edited by majorsal; 01 March 2005, 08:52 PM. Reason: because... don't ask me a question like that again
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Here's a pic of me with Amanda and Don. My mom took the pic.

Sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            I met Amanda at a ComicCon in July, 2003. Don S. Davis was there too. My mom and I went together, and even though she's a fan, she went with me so I didn't have to go alone. Anyhoo... I got to talk to her... I was nervous, but I actually was able to talk to her. I had a letter to give her from a friend of mine that I was very anxious to give her (didn't want to let down my friend), but I also wanted to be able to talk to her for my own purposes. I did! I told her I was a shipper AND a Sam/Amanda fan. She told me she'd just finished doing a kissing scene with Jack/RDA the previous week, and that boy, that man has tonsils! I wish I could remember everything she said, but my brain went on a mini shut down because I WAS MEETING AMANDA! After my mom and I got autographs from Amanda and Don (I literally ignored Don at that time, but made up for it later when I got a hug and kiss from him ), I let my mom go sit down while I stood and watched the rest of the autographs. I took some more pics and just enjoyed being there and seeing Amanda. When Amanda was ready to go, and got up from the seat, she glanced over to me and said thank you SALLY (yes, she said my name! *I'm such a fangirl *) for giving her the letter. She noticed me, and that made me feel very special. I love Amanda.

Sally

*edited to add* I forgot to say that the kiss Amanda was talking about ending up being THE great Sam/Jack kiss from Grace.
                            Please post some of those pics!

Edited to add: and you already have! I should have scrolled down to the next post before I posted my request! Great pic too! I am so jealous of you guys! Umm.. not to be greedy or anything... but do you have more?
                            Last edited by astrogeologist; 01 March 2005, 10:17 PM.

Comment

I like your Samanda sig ForeverSG1
                              ForeverSG1: Laugh, my 13yr old nephew just saw the banner I posted and his response
                              was ...
                              "Why did you call her Samanda...and what's up with the jelly beans?"
                              Guess, a lot of people may be confused by it. Gotta love inside jokes
                              and secrets.
                              It’s got Sam, and beans, and orange, and it’s got SAMANDA! I can see how it could be confusing to people who don’t know the complex system of Royal Court that we have here.
                              And I definitely prefer the version with semi transparent writing.
                              ForeverSG1: As I was making it, I thought about each and everyone one of you: from the jelly bean discussions...to MajorSam and our Queen's favorite color... to the use of Astrogeologists wonderful screen captures, ect. I tried to make the banner embody all that is good about Samanda and this absolutely wonderful thread.
                              And you succeeded!

Majorsam, thankyou so much for telling us about your time on the set.
                              Er, I mean…
                              Dear Madam President,
                              I think I speak for all Samandan citizens when I say that we are all extremely greatful to you for sharing with us your experience on the set of Desparate Measures. Any other stories of your adventures would be most welcome. I have to say that the photos would look rather better if Amanda Tapping did not have a huge orange monstercreaturealien beside her, and I do believe the inscription upon one picture reads ‘You are beautiful’, as I’m sure you would be if we could see you. However, I really sincerely do understand the need to keep ones identity private when in such open places as public forums, for while I believe I can safely say that every citizen of Samanda is friendly and safe, you can never be sure of who else is lurking in the shadows. However, I thank Sky, astroG, Sally, and NC for their photos. The Wise Elder was such a cute baby. And astrogeologist !!!! It would seem like our Royal geologist is truly trying to reach space here. And is that your 4year old Kallesta, Royal Nanny? She actually looks very grown up for her age.
                              yours,
                              Royal Page

Congratulations to the city of Samanda for 100 pages and 2000 posts! And to Jckfan! And congrats to Madam President for her 600th post!
                              Can I give everyone ORANGE JELLOW

(When in hospital a few years ago I wasn’t allowed to eat anything but jelly (aussie for jellow) and juice and water for 48 hours before a test. There were two flavours of jelly. There was green, and orange. I liked the orange taste better.)

And On Topic:
                              Of all the personal life storylines that they’ve written into Stargate, I think Sam’s father Jacob was probably one of my favourites. I always enjoy episodes that he's been in, including the latest Reckoning.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                WOOOW! Beautiful! Breathtaking! I just set this as my new desktop.
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X