X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam

JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THE QUEEN
    Dearest Madam President

You have exceeded our wildest expectations, and the citizens of Samanda salute you! Please award yourself a Blue Bean, a Green Bean, a Purple Bean, a Speckled Bean ... in fact dip into the whole Royal Jelly Bean Jar and take a handful! (I would suggest that you do omit the White Bean as you are not of an age to truly appreciate its somewhat over-ripe flavor.)

What good news to hear that our beloved Queen is keeping herself in fine physical shape and increasing her stamina daily for the big event ahead.

It is now understood why she could not attend the weekend's Royal Gala; obviously, she was in the royal exercise room at the time. Although, she did miss a jolly good show with Murray and his Merry Minstrels.

The Gala was an immense success and the Royal Editor (when done counting her beans and revenue from the event) will entertain us with a full report. I have promised to assist her with writing copy for the next edition of Oh Yea What Say Times. We will have much to comment upon ... I did notice that you, Madam President, were on the dance floor for most of the evening. (This alone tells me that you are, indeed, not ready for the White Bean.)

I close now with sincere gratitude for your recent contact with the Queen and hope that your happiness quotient continues to rise (as that may help you when writing your creative fiction).

Warmly,

Jester
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 01 March 2005, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Dearest Royal Page

As one of the younger members of the Royal Court, your duties will consist of transcribing the minutes of the court meetings (not to worry, this happens rarely), and, mostly, staying by the Queen's side as lady-in-waiting as she expects her blessed event. Your cheerful countenance and youthful exuberance will keep the Queen in good spirits and thus add greatly to the well-being of the kingdom.

It is good to have you back from your recent journey to the pastures beyond Samanda. If you should miss your rural duties, please visit the royal farm and volunteer. Heaven knows, we can always use an additional eager hand or two to milk the bovines and collect the eggs from the royal hens. I feel the need to inform you that, contrary to what is oft heard in the streets of Samanda, the Royal Accountant, Wise Elder, and I are not the royal hens of which I now speak.

Sincerely,

Court Jester
      Last edited by ChopinGal; 01 March 2005, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Dearest Madam President

You have exceeded our wildest expectations, and the citizens of Samanda salute you! Please award yourself a Blue Bean, a Green Bean, a Purple Bean, a Speckled Bean ... in fact dip into the whole Royal Jelly Bean Jar and take a handful! (I would suggest that you do omit the White Bean as you are not of an age to truly appreciate its somewhat over-ripe flavor.)

We will have much to comment upon ... I did notice that you, Madam President, were on the dance floor for most of the evening. (This alone tells me that you are, indeed, not ready for the White Bean.)

I close now with sincere gratitude for your recent contact with the Queen and hope that your happiness quotient continues to rise (as that may help you when writing your creative fiction).

Warmly,

Jester
        Oh Gracious me... Dear Jester I thank you warmly for your generous offer. Although I do not need beans, for my happyness at speaking with the Queen far exceeds any I could get from an award, I shall still gratefully and humbly accept these gifts *bows head Teal'c Style*

Indeed I admit I became somewhat... enthusiastic, at the Royal Gala. The wonderful atmosphere and joviality simply infused into me and I could not stop. Though my body hurt the next day, it was well worth it. Tonight, I am in fact attending yet another dance, and will surely be getting much more much needed exercise!

My happyness quotient has indeed risen overnight as the events of last night become registered. I ask you, dear Jester, what you mean by making my story "better" *raises eyebrow* Are you claiming it is unsatisfactory at this moment in time??

Regarding Desperate Measures... taht ep will always hold a VERY special place in my heart as the reason I first met Amanda! I was on location for all the abduction scene and everything, it was SOOO cool. They had all these mini-train track type things with camera car things... and all these tents set up with the sound and video and everything equipment. The road the white van drove across actually wasn't a road, it was a dead end, lol. They would do the abduction scene, drive about halfway there, everyone gets out, then stunt drivers go wheeling around the dead-end corner. It was very cool. Amanda had a great time with the stunt boys They would come out of the van to be brushed off and stuff and then one would go "Hey, you sure punched hard enough!" and she'd go "aww, i'm sorry dear!" and then another guy would go "Hey! she kicked ME in the stomach!" and they would continue to joke around like that.

But the EPISODE! lol, I loved it! I thought it was so cool to see Sam trying to get herself out of a seemingly impossible situation, wihch of course she did, to a degree, and to be faced with whether to save a person who kidnapped her or not. I loved the struggle she went through when she found out what Adrian's disease was. Loved going through the boiler rooms and everything, loved how everyone back at the SGC got all worked up great Sam episode, imo.
        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          As I've said before, I didn't like how the emphasis changed from Sam hurt/comfort to Jack h/c by the end.
          Sally

Yeah I totally agree with you there. I know Jack had been shot,
          but I got the impression it was only in the arm as per their
          conversation.

O'NEILL
          I've been shot, Carter

CARTER
          I know. Your vest shopped one of the bullets.

O'NEILL
          I want sleeves on my vest.

I was a bit dismayed by the ending scene with Sam and
          Hammond comforting Jack. I had expected a H/C scene with
          Sam seeing as she was the one who had been missing for
          days.

You know, now that I think about it, it's about time Sam started
          to recieve a few comfort scenes like the one with Jack in Heroes
          because there a good deal of episodes like Desperate Measures
          and 2010 where we saw absolutely no reaction towards Sam's
          ordeal when there really should have been at least something.

Sorry lost myself for a minute...stepping down...
          ForeverSG1

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            ForeverSG1, you are a homeschool parent? That's interesting, as I have been homeschooled all my life.
            That's wonderful! How did you enjoy being homeschooled? We are only in our second year here. I homeschool my 4yr old and my 13yr old nephew for whom we've had custody for the past four years.

My nephew was diagnosed with a Learning Disability two years ago called Central Auditory Processing Disorder. He had been struggling in school for four years and the teachers would constantly tell us that he was an extremely bright child (recieved nearly 100% on every test score) but he didn't pay attention in class nor did he turn in his homework( which I made sure he did every day). So after four years of dealing with the school system, having him tested and them telling us he was just a behavioral case, we pulled him from the school system.

Since then we've learned that the LD makes it so he doesn't process vocal commands as they are spoken. It's a bit like listening to someone speak on a cell phone while they are driving through an underground tunnel. You can hear bits and pieces of the conversation but not enough to really get a grasp as to what is being said. The doctor who tested him said he was suprised he had done so well all these years in school.

So long story short, we've restructured how he does schoolwork. All assignments are written down for him on a daily basis whereas with the public school most assignments were spoken verbally where he missed it. He now works in a quiet room with instrumental music in the background to help keep out all the distracting elements, something he really couldn't have had in a public school... too many little distractions there ie other children talking, even the background noises of air conditioning can cause a lot of issues.

His attitude towards school and in general has turned 180 degrees since we started homeschooling and his grades have been much better. I don't know if he gets as diversified of an education here at home as he did at school, but he definitely gets much better quality time with the teacher.

We started homeschooling my four year old as well because here in Texas due to her late year birthday she will be nearly six when she is allowed to go to school. She is already surpassing what most first graders know. Counts to like fifty, can add and subtract one digit numbers, spells her own name, she can even tell you how many sides most shapes have. Games we play in the car are like ... how many sides does an octagon have? I was amazed one day because we had been playing for about five minutes and I asked 'Kallesta how many sides does a circle have? trying to trick her and she laughed and replied 'Oh mommy you are so silly, circles don't have any sides." Much too smart for her own good I tell ya.

Homeschooling is much more difficult than I had originally anticipated. It's definitely not for anyone who thinks its going to be easier than dealing with a public school, but overall I think we are reaping the benefits and very thankful we made the cross-over.

I'd love to hear your experiences with it. Maybe via email??? Wouldn't want to bore the others with our OT subject.

ForeverSG1

Comment

Dearest Royal Page

As one of the younger members of the Royal Court, your duties will consist of transcribing the minutes of the court meetings (not to worry, this happens rarely), and, mostly, staying by the Queen's side as lady-in-waiting as she expects her blessed event. Your cheerful countenance and youthful exuberance will keep the Queen in good spirits and thus add greatly to the well-being of the kingdom.

It is good to have you back from your recent journey to the pastures beyond Samanda. If you should miss your rural duties, please visit the royal farm and volunteer. Heaven knows, we can always use an additional eager hand or two to milk the bovines and collect the eggs from the royal hens. I feel the need to inform you that, contrary to what is oft heard in the streets of Samanda, the Royal Accountant, Wise Elder, and I are not the royal hens of which I now speak.

Sincerely,

Court Jester
              Awww, I just realized I'm not a member of Samanda.
              Perhaps I can be the Royal Nanny? I can take care of our new Samanda member-to be while our beautiful Queen is detained on most urgent issues regarding Samanda? Or do we have one of those already? Hmmm

ForeverSG1

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Awww, I just realized I'm not a member of Samanda.
                Perhaps I can be the Royal Nanny? I can take care of our new Samanda member-to be while our beautiful Queen is detained on most urgent issues regarding Samanda? Or do we have one of those already? Hmmm

ForeverSG1
                I hereby nominate ForeverSG1 to the very important position of Royal Nanny.

She certainly has the qualifications to take care of the royal heir while the Queen attends to Gate travel and those most pressing off-world activities.

Jester

Comment

Yeah I totally agree with you there. I know Jack had been shot,
                  but I got the impression it was only in the arm as per their
                  conversation.

O'NEILL
                  I've been shot, Carter

CARTER
                  I know. Your vest shopped one of the bullets.

O'NEILL
                  I want sleeves on my vest.
                  jack was actually shot twice. once in the middle of the back which the vest stopped (although he should have had some sort of bruise/shock injury, possibly broken ribs from the impact) adn once in the arm which the vest didn't stop
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

... We started homeschooling my four year old as well ... She is already surpassing what most first graders know.

ForeverSG1
                    And I do hope that means she already knows the difference between the Tau'ri and the Tok'ra, that she can recognize and name all four members of the original SG1, that she can now spell not only her own name but also can write a simple sentence: "I LOVE SAM".

If you've got that covered, you won't have to worry about her development. She's definitely on the right track!

Comment

Oh Gracious me... Dear Jester I thank you warmly for your generous offer. Although I do not need beans, for my happyness at speaking with the Queen far exceeds any I could get from an award, I shall still gratefully and humbly accept these gifts *bows head Teal'c Style*

Indeed I admit I became somewhat... enthusiastic, at the Royal Gala. The wonderful atmosphere and joviality simply infused into me and I could not stop. Though my body hurt the next day, it was well worth it. Tonight, I am in fact attending yet another dance, and will surely be getting much more much needed exercise!

My happyness quotient has indeed risen overnight as the events of last night become registered. I ask you, dear Jester, what you mean by making my story "better" *raises eyebrow* Are you claiming it is unsatisfactory at this moment in time??

... Regarding Desperate Measures... taht ep will always hold a VERY special place in my heart as the reason I first met Amanda! I was on location for all the abduction scene and everything, it was SOOO cool.
                      Ah, Madam President ... please take no offense. Your writing is developing wonderfully and I look forward to many thrilling, chilling, dark, whumpy, grumpy, frisky, risky, light, funny, chummy episodes.

Your devoted Jester was concerned about your own state of mind lately, but, goodness, I can see the Royal Gala and the Queen's phone call has certainly revived your spirits and put you in a rainbowlicious mood. May the Queen's private words continue to cheer you on.

As to meeting the Queen for the first time as she was being abducted on a movie lot ... that is certainly an intriguing turn of events and may require a PM or email for further explanation.

Regards, Jester

Comment

And I do hope that means she already knows the difference between the Tau'ri and the Tok'ra, that she can recognize and name all four members of the original SG1, that she can now spell not only her own name but also can write a simple sentence: "I LOVE SAM".

If you've got that covered, you won't have to worry about her development. She's definitely on the right track!

ROFL. Well unfortunately I can't say all of those things are true, but she definitely knows the names of all four characters:
                        Jack, Danny, Teal'c and Carter.

She points to each of them and shouts their name when the show starts and has this really amusing dance she does during the opening song. She doesn't quite know the difference between Tok'ra and Tauri yet though, but she already knows how to write 'I love' so teaching her SAM will be easy.

Her favorite character is Teal'c. She loves saying 'Jaffa Kree' and constantly tells me how funny Teal'c is whenever he's on the screen.

Luckily Stargate really is a great show and most episodes are safe even for my four year old to watch, but I've had to do a bit of parental viewing and limit certain episodes. We don't watch anything with lots of fighting in it.
                        A zat here and there isn't too bad, but nothing with major carnage or big explosions.

She also doesn't like the Gou'alds and asks frequently if there are any 'mean guys' in this episode. We've watched WoO many times. She finds that one really funny. The entire cast does such a wonderful job with just body language and facial gestures that it's really amusing even for a four year old.

Oddly enough, even though she adores Teal'c, she refused to go see him with me at last weekends convention. She was a afraid he would show up with his 'BIG GUN' as she puts it. I think she's talking about the big staff weapon he uses to shoot down a ship in one episode but can't remember which one.

It's truely amazing how a child can change how you look at even the little things in life. I started watching Stargate eight years ago as just a means to be entertained, now I use it as a prop to educate my child.

What color is Carter's shirt?
                        What shape is the Stargate?
                        How many chevron's does it take to activate the wormhole?

*shaking head as I wonder what I am doing to my poor child*
                        I'm preparing her for a life as a bad-a$$ astrophysicists!! Yeah that's it.

ForeverSG1

Comment

... she definitely knows the names of all four characters:
                          Jack, Danny, Teal'c and Carter.

She points to each of them and shouts their name when the show starts and has this really amusing dance she does during the opening song. She doesn't quite know the difference between Tok'ra and Tauri yet though, but she already knows how to write 'I love' so teaching her SAM will be easy.

Her favorite character is Teal'c. She loves saying 'Jaffa Kree' and constantly tells me how funny Teal'c is whenever he's on the screen.

Luckily Stargate really is a great show and most episodes are safe even for my four year old to watch, but I've had to do a bit of parental viewing and limit certain episodes. We don't watch anything with lots of fighting in it.
                          A zat here and there isn't too bad, but nothing with major carnage or big explosions.

She also doesn't like the Gou'alds and asks frequently if there are any 'mean guys' in this episode. We've watched WoO many times. She finds that one really funny. The entire cast does such a wonderful job with just body language and facial gestures that it's really amusing even for a four year old.

Oddly enough, even though she adores Teal'c, she refused to go see him with me at last weekends convention. She was a afraid he would show up with his 'BIG GUN' as she puts it. I think she's talking about the big staff weapon he uses to shoot down a ship in one episode but can't remember which one.

It's truely amazing how a child can change how you look at even the little things in life. I started watching Stargate eight years ago as just a means to be entertained, now I use it as a prop to educate my child.

What color is Carter's shirt?
                          What shape is the Stargate?
                          How many chevron's does it take to activate the wormhole?

*shaking head as I wonder what I am doing to my poor child*
                          I'm preparing her for a life as a bad-a$$ astrophysicist!! Yeah that's it.

ForeverSG1
                          Forever ... this was a great reply ... you really are teaching her Stargate 101!

I love the "Jaffa Kree" and the little dance to the Stargate theme. She sounds like a real cutie and full of fun and mischief.

Imagination can run wild in such a young child and it's good that you respected her not wanting to go along with you. I don't know which would be worse: Teal'c onstage with his staff weapon, or CJ onstage with several bottles of beer!

Hey, do you know how much money an astrophysicist makes? (Are you ready for a really bad pun?) Answer: the sky's the limit! Wait ... that can't be true ... the sky's just the beginning ... if you're an astrophysicist.

I must go and rest ... I'm babbling ....

Comment

I feel the need to inform you that, contrary to what is oft heard in the streets of Samanda, the Royal Accountant, Wise Elder, and I are not the royal hens of which I now speak.Sincerely,Court Jester
                            ROTFL

Comment

Regarding Desperate Measures... taht ep will always hold a VERY special place in my heart as the reason I first met Amanda! I was on location for all the abduction scene and everything, it was SOOO cool. They had all these mini-train track type things with camera car things... and all these tents set up with the sound and video and everything equipment. The road the white van drove across actually wasn't a road, it was a dead end, lol. They would do the abduction scene, drive about halfway there, everyone gets out, then stunt drivers go wheeling around the dead-end corner. It was very cool. Amanda had a great time with the stunt boys They would come out of the van to be brushed off and stuff and then one would go "Hey, you sure punched hard enough!" and she'd go "aww, i'm sorry dear!" and then another guy would go "Hey! she kicked ME in the stomach!" and they would continue to joke around like that.

But the EPISODE! lol, I loved it! I thought it was so cool to see Sam trying to get herself out of a seemingly impossible situation, wihch of course she did, to a degree, and to be faced with whether to save a person who kidnapped her or not. I loved the struggle she went through when she found out what Adrian's disease was. Loved going through the boiler rooms and everything, loved how everyone back at the SGC got all worked up great Sam episode, imo.
                              Do you have any snapshots from that day? Would love to see them!

Comment

ChopinGal... you just keep me laughing!

Comment

Working...
                                X