Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    Agent Dark, one of your revolving sigpics reminds me of one of my saved Sam pics... I'm including this as a thumbnail.Sally
    That is a great shot from Enigma.
    The falling volcanic ash looks like snow.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
      Revelations- the last of my 3 favorites, and I didn't realize it until I started thinking of all these moments. Right at the beginning, she has that moving conversation with Hammond about coming to terms with Daniel being gone. Then the brush off from Jack and the talk with Teal'c in the ship. I liked her body language as hologram Sam, shrugging her shoulders and mugging after the Jaffa try to shoot her. Finally, telling Osiris to go to hell.

NC

I did the same thing: picked Revelations after I thought it out (and wrote it up here). But, I only voted for two this time... but would have picked Revelations as my third... a real nice woman (Skydiver) could always add my third choice to the voting thinger... *crosses fingers Skydiver will pick up on the subtle (not) hint*

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        That is a great shot from Enigma.
        The falling volcanic ash looks like snow.
        I know, I love it. I used it as my desktop piccy for quite a while.

I just went and looked at how many Stargate, Sam, Jack, and Sam/Jack pics I've saved over my four years on the net... 1096... wow.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          We've discussed Season 5's Ascension previously in the thread (both the good and bad points),
          so I just wanted to highlight a couple of my favorite moments from that episode

Unfortunately I'm not gonna go into too much detail about all my favorites for season five, but here's a brief run-down of a few of them.

Red Sky: I truly love this episode because for the first time we saw Sam admit that something she's done( by-passing protocals on the dialing computer ) may have caused the problem they are facing on the planet, and despite all of their efforts there is nothing SG-1 can do to fix it.

Warrior: I know this isn't a big Sam episode, but I really love the scene where she demonstrates the effectiveness of the P-90. It was really cool how they expressed O'Neill's complete confidence in Sam's abilities. It was great to see Sam showing all the boys how it's done, and that 'sweet' smile at the end said she felt the same way.

Ascension: I really liked Ascension because we got to see a personal side
          of Sam for the first time: her car, her house, the obsene amount of computer's she has in her house ( like I so don't believe she's not surfing at home ). The one thing I didn't like about this episode is that I felt the team totally let her down. I didn't like how she had no support from them until the end. You could totally see a look of betrayal on her face when she entered Hammond's office and found out they had been watching her the entire time. Poor Sammy.
          One other note: Was I the only one who watched this episode and kept
          thinking 'Meet Joe Black' whenever Orlin spoke? I liked Orlin, he was sweet.

Fail Safe: Loved the astroid going through the planet at the end. It was
          actually quite cool to see the team deal with such a big issue like this without having to get the Asgard or Tok'rah to intervene. Only negative...didn't quite understand why Sam had to explain how to deactivate a bomb to O'Neill. Isn't that the sort of thing he specialized in Black-Ops? Other than that, Sam was brilliant as always.

Meridian: Loved the scene at the beginning when Sam is trying to explain
          what happened to Daniel and in the infirmary when she is saying good-bye... is a tear jerker.

2001: Who doesn't love that drop at the end? It was nice getting to see
          Joe again (for the first time) and seeing where Sam/Joe's (2010) relationship
          began. Only negative to this episode... the total lack of concern the guys showed for Sam when she fell through the Stargate. I think I've seen Jack show more concern for Daniel after he's sneezed. If I was AT, I would have kicked some butts that day. Hmmmph.

Between Two Fires: I really loved the scene when Sam hears her own voice
          as the computers simulated voice.

Desperate Measures: I was disappointed with this episode only because I thought it had the greatest potential to delve into the ramifications of the blending between Sam/Jolinar. This could have been for Sam what Abyss was for Jack but instead they chose to keep Sam drugged most of the time.

ForeverSG1

Comment

Agent Dark, one of your revolving sigpics reminds me of one of my saved Sam pics... I'm including this as a thumbnail.

Sally
            Yeah its a great shot. I put it in my sig list because in the episode Narim sees Sam as his 'Angel Saviour'. How could I not include Angel!Sam?

Comment

Wonderful episode comments ForeverSG1!
              I have archived them and added them to the season 5 summary list.
              Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Warrior: I know this isn't a big Sam episode, but I really love the scene where she demonstrates the effectiveness of the P-90. It was really cool how they expressed O'Neill's complete confidence in Sam's abilities. It was great to see Sam showing all the boys how it's done, and that 'sweet' smile at the end said she felt the same way.
              Great observations!
              What I really liked about that scene was that O'Neill acted just like a commanding officer would - directing Carter to demonstrate the weapon and standing back and watching confidently. It was cool to see that the writers didn't feel that the main male lead needed to be the one demonstrating marksmanship. I think that you are right, this is one of the scenes that shows how O'Neill's confidence in Carter had grown far beyond his expectations of a geeky scientist. Post 975, Page 49 (and there are a lot of good comments in the following posts too)
              Originally posted by ForeverSG1
              2001: Who doesn't love that drop at the end? It was nice getting to see
              Joe again (for the first time) and seeing where Sam/Joe's (2010) relationship
              began. Only negative to this episode... the total lack of concern the guys showed for Sam when she fell through the Stargate. I think I've seen Jack show more concern for Daniel after he's sneezed. If I was AT, I would have kicked some butts that day. Hmmmph.
              I love how you put that... Jack has shown more concern for Daniel after he's sneezed!... If I was AT, I would have kicked some butts that day!
              Originally posted by majorsal, Post 133, page 7:
              When I read the word jump, I thought you were going to say when she jumped/fell backwards through the stargate in the ep 2001. Now THAT is brave! Great moment (except for the way the guys barely reacted to it once she landed in the gateroom). I actually taped that end scene, because I thought it was so cool.Sally

Post 162

Originally posted by ForeverSG1
              Desperate Measures: I was disappointed with this episode only because I thought it had the greatest potential to delve into the ramifications of the blending between Sam/Jolinar. This could have been for Sam what Abyss was for Jack but instead they chose to keep Sam drugged most of the time.
              I agree with you, ForeverSG1. And, Skydiver made a good comment about that episode awhile back too...but I can't find it right now...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

ForeverSG1
                You know, I would have liked to have seen Desperate Measures go a lot darker too. I wish they'd have spent more time on what was happening to Sam instead of Jack looking for her.

I LOVED how Amanda played Sam waking up the first time! She was totally dislocated on what was happening to her and where she was. The body movements she did when she was strapped to the bed and looking up and behind her to see who was coming in... I loved playing that over and over. And then when she was knocked out (again) after just waking up. You could see her losing consciousness and fighting it every step of the way. Just that entire scenario was played brilliantly by Amanda. You could see a bit of panic in there, and I loved seeing that.

There was SO many parts of that ep that I loved (ALL of Sam's parts). Her fighting the bad guys at the beginning. The first waking up bit. Her steely refusal to talk to one of the doctors. Her finally getting free and then holding the gun on Adrian and his goons... especially loved that part, because you could see Sam's resolve desolve when she saw she wasn't getting away. And then when the goons *roughly* brought her back to the bed, then handcuffing her *roughly*. Let's not forget when the meanie doctors were going to MURDER her, and how she reacted when Jack and Maybourne came in in just the right moment... loved her 'Very dramatic, thank you' line. She was *very* close to being in total panic, and you could see it in her face and hear it in her voice... it's scenes like this that make Amanda one of the best actresses I've seen.

I wish they'd have had Sam more tramatized after that. I mean, she was just almost murdered (after being kidnapped, drugged, and experimented on for days). I would have liked to have seen her a bit shakey in the hallway with Jack before she ran off to find Adrian.

As I've said before, I didn't like how the emphasis changed from Sam hurt/comfort to Jack h/c by the end.

Very good episode made only by Amanda. Well, at least to me (and the Samandan family).

Sally
                Last edited by majorsal; 28 February 2005, 10:24 PM.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                  HEY EVERYONE

JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THE QUEEN

I finally got through with our dearest most beloved Samanda!!! OMG i'm just SHAKING with happyness right now...:d:d:d:d

I'm extremely pleased to say that she's doing very well indeed. She has STILL been insanely busy lately, and can't belive how things can pile up! She's been going and going, determined to keep up with going to the gym at least 3 times a week, seeing her trainer and everything! Sh'es been saying "aargh, I'm going to get through this and be fabulous" etc.etc. I of course voiced my opinions taht she is indeed very fabulous, and I would have probably collapsed ages ago, although I have never been pregnant, so I can't really say that, lol. She's getting to the point though where she's saying "ok, im gonna have a baby in two weeks! I gotta relax!" Just had her baby shower recently, got all cutesy clothes and stuff, but nothing "practical" she joked. She feels really weird how production of season 9 starts today, and she's not there, kind of like being suspended from school while everyone else goes back. Feels very funny about how when she does go back she's going to have to get back into the whole astrophysics swing, but then between takes or whatever start thinking "What kind of diapers should I get?" Oh, and she knows what the gender is! but she's not telling anyone, lol.

We had some good talk about my trip to France and everything, and I am also pleased to report that through my insane brain mush that always happens when I speak with her, I told her about Samanda!!!!!!!! Unfortunately I wasn't able to get through the actual name Samanda, or describe our wonderful Royal Court, but I told her it was an amazing place with her biggest fans and everything is great about it, and she was very thankful for me telling her, and said if she can ever get around to getting onto GateWorld she's going to look for it!!!!!!

Unfortunately in my stupor I forgot to tell her how BRILLIANT she was in Reckoning, Threads, and Moebius... GAH, I ALWAYS forget things!!!

I'M SHAKING RIGHT NOW I'M SO HAPPY!!!!! :d:d She has that effect on people

Majorsam thankyou for telling us how Amanda is doing, my hat goes off to her that she's still going to the gym two weeks before her due date!
                  As a mum myself the gym was the last thing on my mind two weeks before my children were born.

I'm glad you've told her about this thread and i hope she has time to peek in and see just how much she IS loved!

Right off now to vote for my fav s5 epsodes
                  ......TARA......

Comment

Right here are my s5 best Sam episodes>>>

ASCENSION>>>I really loved the fact that Sam had no life outside of the SGC but tried to carry on with her life within the SGC.
                    I thought the look on Sam's face when Jack told
                    her to take it easy and go and knit somthing or
                    go fly a kyte was priceless!
                    I think s5 started to show Sam as more "i'm fine, i can carry on mode" it's just a shame that her team just seemed a little "cold" to her, which brings me to>>>

DESPERATE MEASURES>>> Sam really put up a fight
                    at the start and even when she first woke up she tried so hard to stay in control.
                    I do think there should have been a follow up to this story as Jack only just got to her in time and then when he freed her he let her go with him after she said she was good to go, i always thought that because she had been druged
                    and god knows what else Jack would have not let
                    her come with him. It's a side of Sam that i fear for somtimes that she does'nt want to look
                    like a "weak female" and off she goes without a
                    backward look or thought ((((Sam)))

FAIL SAFE>>>>Loved this one as well and once again Sam pushed herself in wanting to go with Jack and Teal'c but really glad that Jack told her to sit this one out after nearly frying herself on the crystals!
                    Just loved the "i can see my house!" from Jack as Sam said a little bit longer sir.

As always Amanda did a great job with these storys even with the feel that somtimes her cast mates looked liked they just did'nt care about how they acted their scenes in some of s5
                    episodes.
                    ......TARA......

Comment

AgentDark: WB Deepspace
                      Majorsam: DEEPSPAAAAACE!!!!!
                      I'm so glad your'e FINALLY back!!
                      (((((((((Deepspace))))))))))))
                      It's about time my dear Royal Page!! We were afraid you had dropped right off the face of the planet! How was your trip to the country? Glad to see you're catchin up, and hope to see you doing some more of those great posts!!!
                      *blushes profusely*
                      boy, you guys really did miss me eh?
                      Hmm, if I am in deep space, I wonder if I am ever on the face of the planet? My trip was good, a lot of hard work working on a farm. Hope you have a great time in France and London.
                      What are my first duties as Royal Page?

Astrogeologist: Deepspace - you should get a special commendation (bean) for reading all 25 pages that were posted while you were gone! And - bring up any topics - old or new!
                      I only read them because I wanted to!

Majorsam: HEY EVERYONE
                      JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THE QUEEN
                      finally got through with our dearest most beloved Samanda!!! OMG i'm just SHAKING with happyness right now...
                      You talked to Amanda Tapping on the phone!? And you wonder why you’re shaking! Amazing. Great of you to pass on all this to us.

Sally: *hugs sam and protects her*
                      i can take whump (and so can our indestructible sam!), but just not d...dd... not living.
                      I haven’t been reading any fanfic, but I don’t like the sound of people killing Sam either. Sam whumping is fine, but what did she do to deserve to die!?

ForeverSG1, you are a homeschool parent? That's interesting, as I have been homeschooled all my life.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Ok, even with gateworld summaries, I’m a little patchy on my season5 episodes, so I’ve not been able to write something for every episode.

ENEMIES—gotta be ‘Welcome to MY life’
                        ASCENSION—The scenes with the mini Stargate! AstroG illustrated them nicely on page 96. I loved Sam’s ‘And you ordered the materials online?’
                        RED SKY—Great Sam ep. I liked how she felt responsible for dooming the planet after overriding the stargate dialling safety mechanisms. And putting the fruit in the wrong baskets LOL!
                        RITE OF PASSAGE—Watched this last night. I always liked this one, with the rebellious older Cassie. After watching this episode originally it made me like the other Cassandra episodes more as well. Lots of nice Sam and Cassie moments, and I like how they play chess every Saturday that Sam’s on earth.
                        THE TOMB—I liked Sam pairing up with the Russian Lieutenant Tolinev. Is this where Sam just keeps shooting bullets?
                        BETWEEN TWO FIRES—Definitely the part where Sam’s voice is making announcements in Narim’s home.
                        2001—Sam having to make the decision to leave the Ambassador behind to warn Earth about the biological weapon that the Aschen are going to send through the Stargate, and then cutting the rope and falling backwards through the wormhole. That was a hard fall!
                        DESPARATE MEASURES—Despite it being all about Sam, not one of my favourite eps. I guess I just don’t like Adrienne Conrad. But I think they could have done so much more with this episode.
                        PROVING GROUND—Sam’s conversation with Jack in the food hall about which Cadets looked promising.
                        FAIL SAFE—I love the asteroid episode! And Sam stops it, or, er, rather, she pulls it right throught the middle of the Earth, and we are all none the wiser!
                        THE WARRIOR—Jack getting his 2IC Sam to demonstrate Earth weaponry, and his confidence in her. She’s a veeeery good aim!
                        SENTINEL—Military Sam, and she isn’t the one to find the sciency solution, which is good for one episode.
                        MERIDIAN—Can’t write about this episode or I will cry. You have to understand, when I first watched this I really, really thought Daniel was gone forever!
                        REVEALATIONS—How much she cared about Daniel being gone, and her interaction with the Asgard in the laboratory.

So, my three favourites?
                        2001--for all the reasons said above. And also, where she hands the piece of paper to the Aschen and asks them to translate the word. I think this episode showed how despite the note that Future Sam got through the gate before dying, things could have gone the same way, and gone terribly wrong, but they didn’t.
                        BETWEEN TWO FIRES—I have liked all the episodes with Narim and the Tollan. I think Narim has a strong respect for Sam, as well as feelings, for while the Tollan consider the humans of Earth to be unadvanced and primitive, he can see that Sam is smart.
                        RED SKY—for all the reasons said above.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I did the same thing: picked Revelations after I thought it out (and wrote it up here). But, I only voted for two this time... but would have picked Revelations as my third... a real nice woman (Skydiver) could always add my third choice to the voting thinger... *crosses fingers Skydiver will pick up on the subtle (not) hint*

Sally
                          looks around. Me????? you're talking to me????

umm, really? someone's talking to me????

sure sally, i'll add it
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

You know, I would have liked to have seen Desperate Measures go a lot darker too. I wish they'd have spent more time on what was happening to Sam instead of Jack looking for her.

Sally
                            that's always been my one beef with desp meas. it just ended soo wrong.

here's poor sam, drugged and strapped to a bed for the better part of a week (we definitely know it's been 4 days at one point) and boing, she's just up and running and there's apparanty no fallout for her

aah, i don't think so

maybe that's why i've written so many tags for it (and keep pestering folks for more)

this one needed about 10 more minutes of something
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Spoiler Moebius2
                              Spoiler:

Bond has a habit of getting with the girl at the end of the movie, after it's all over, and getting caught in the process. Eg in Moonraker when he's on the space shuttle after destroying the virus that will kill all humans on the planet, and M phones him up with the President of the US - they catch him in the act with the girl.
                              AU Sam and Jack have a similiar moment in the back of the Puddle Jumper when Daniel calls them over the radio - "Give us a minute!"
                              Thanks, AD ... I thought as much and can't wait to see that scene!

Comment

Ahhh man, I totally forgot about 48 hours on my list. How could I forgot that one. That has got to be one of the best episodes for Sam for Season 5.
                                Oh well, I'm definitely gonna look over season 6 before I vote next time.
                                *Grumbling to myself*

ForeverSG1

Comment

Working...
                                X