Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam
    Well you just said "as long as she doesn't die in the end it'll be ok!" and I can still say "it'll be ok" in that regareds. I definately have the beat up as much as I want, but it all depends on how you define "Ok" Lol. Maybe slightly exaggerated, there is still hope... but anyways, I don't want to give it away!!! All I will say is no, she does NOT die.

*hugs sam and protects her*

Yes, well this weekend i've been watching a lot of sappy happy movies, so I decided to get some happy in too. Well, I was going to get happy the whole time... I just wasn't sure how much! Definately have to keep Sally away from this fic... I warn everyone else, it's rated R, with good reason
    i can take whump (and so can our indestructible sam!), but just not d...dd... not living.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

i can take whump (and so can our indestructible sam!), but just not d...dd... not living.

sally
      haha, aww, ((((((((((((((Sally))))))))))))))))))

I hate to bring it up, but have you ever thought that there are worse things than death???

*runs off and hides in corner*
      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        No rainbow? What? Not even a faint one? Hmmm... Sally and I will have to talk this over....
        *nods* Yep.

*hides sam from deranged but stunningly beautiful writer*

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Go Sally! Hug her for the rest of us too!
          i can take whump (and so can our indestructible sam!)
          Indestructable!Sam can take it!
          but just not d...dd... not living.
          Love the way you put that!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Personally, I can't wait to see the end of Moebius 2 ... I hear that it also spoofs the James Bond movies ... what's not to like?! Unless you have no sense of humor whatsoever ... that's a shame. Lighten up, folks - as RDA would say: it's TV, fantasy, entertainment ... find pleasure in it ... if not, turn off your set!

i haven't seen moeb 2 yet, but i've heard about the james bond thinger... for anyone that has seen it, what's the james bond reference supposed to mean?

*don't forget appropriate spoiler tags when replying*

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
              Astro, you asked for more great Season 5 moments, so here you go.

Summit - Sam tries to make a Yu joke. (tries being the operable word)

That was just too intriguing... Sam just doesn't get to tell jokes!
              So, I had to go and put the disk in and find that!

-----------------

Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and Jacob are sitting around a Tokra table.
              DANIEL: So how're you gonna get me in?
              JACOB: Yu will be among the System Lords attending the meeting.
              CARTER: I thought you said he'd be going in as a slave?
              JACOB: The System Lord Yu.

(what a look she gets from her Dad! )

CARTER: Little joke there.
              She makes a `small' gesture.
              O'NEILL: Funny.
              Love the hiding her face bit after that!
              Photos are screen caps from the episode Summit
              Transcript excerpts are from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website

Comment

about sam bashing: i just keep in mind that the *vast* majority of the bashers have an agenda for doing it. i just wish amanda knew that too.

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

"Sam is my hero."
                "SAM is my hero."
                "Sam IS my hero."
                "Sam is MY hero."
                "Sam is my HERO."

ForeverSG1
                i agree on that all, and add in my:

Amanda is my hero!!!

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hrh36
                  Exactly, and it's very disappointing.

The most recent case in point IMO is Stargate:Atlantis: They introduce a great character in LC1&2, Dr. Elizabeth Weir, with the insinuation that she's going to be the star of the spinoff. Then they not only change actresses (!!! -I really liked the 1st actress), but then they bring this other GUY to be the lead!!!

I am still so disappointed in that adolescent tactic that I don't watch S:A.

hrh
                  i liked the other weir too (jessica steen). i knew jessica from 'earth 2', and to me, she made that show. so i was very disappointed in seeing her gone. it was the 'only' interest i had in the show, actually.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

i haven't seen moeb 2 yet, but i've heard about the james bond thinger... for anyone that has seen it, what's the james bond reference supposed to mean?

*don't forget appropriate spoiler tags when replying*

sally
                    Spoiler Moebius2
                    Spoiler:

Bond has a habit of getting with the girl at the end of the movie, after it's all over, and getting caught in the process. Eg in Moonraker when he's on the space shuttle after destroying the virus that will kill all humans on the planet, and M phones him up with the President of the US - they catch him in the act with the girl.
                    AU Sam and Jack have a similiar moment in the back of the Puddle Jumper when Daniel calls them over the radio - "Give us a minute!"

Comment

Originally posted by hrh36
                      Too funny with the Teal'c comment!

And yes, I agree 100% with the Sam in S9 as herself and not half of S/J, pretty please. I think it will be great for Sam.

It sounds like she's gonna' have her hands full already just trying to hang onto her job with BB's character around.

And fighting for screen time with both BB's characters and now LD's character as the new doctor, too. Sheesh! Are the Big Three gonna' have ANY screen time next year??

hrh

I just can't wait to see how they're going to bring her back! And maybe Amanda will want to take it a bit easy at first, so they might have Sam have a broken leg or something... and she won't tell them how she got it. (she'll end up admitting that jack was involved, but won't say in what way )

She'll be back in episode 6!

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

HEY EVERYONE

JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THE QUEEN
                        Wow, that's wonderful!! I'm glad to hear she is doing so well.
                        I can't believe she's still going to the gym three times a day.
                        The last two weeks of my pregnancy I could barely walk. LoL.
                        Just goes to show what a truly amazing person AT is.

I bought a small gift for Amanda's baby when I first heard she
                        was pregnant, but after I read her note on the her official
                        website I figured she must have been inundated with gifts and
                        decided not to send it. I had wanted to send her my famous
                        mother's helper basket( just call me Ms. Practicality).
                        I normally give it to everyone for their first baby, filled with
                        things like: thermometers, nail clippers, nasal syringes,
                        hair brushes, gum brushes, little noses saline, children's motrin ect,
                        but then I started thinking that I would never have allowed my
                        daughter to use anything I had recieved from a complete
                        stranger and decided it probably wasn't a good idea.

Hopefully she'll get something like that from someone, because
                        it's amazing how you never think about all the little things
                        you have forgotten to buy until you really need it.

Thank you, MajorSam, for allowing us to share in this event with
                        you. It was really sweet of you to let us be in the loop. Hopefully
                        if you have any other further chats with AT, you will let us know
                        about them. I'm truly envious of you at the moment.

ForeverSG1

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          WB Deepspace
                          And with MajorSam gone for a week, it looks like MajorSal with have to step up to the plate and handle the official duties! We'll be expecting a big story of your adventures when you get back too MajorSam!

I'm the Vice President... VP's don't do anything.

Amanda's baby will be a girl. 6 pounds, 4 ounces. Born March 16th (which means I lose the baby contest on MGM). I know these things because I'M SMART. Really.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

HEY EVERYONE

JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THE QUEEN

I finally got through with our dearest most beloved Samanda!!! OMG i'm just SHAKING with happyness right now...:d:d:d:d

I'm extremely pleased to say that she's doing very well indeed. She has STILL been insanely busy lately, and can't belive how things can pile up! She's been going and going, determined to keep up with going to the gym at least 3 times a week, seeing her trainer and everything! Sh'es been saying "aargh, I'm going to get through this and be fabulous" etc.etc. I of course voiced my opinions taht she is indeed very fabulous, and I would have probably collapsed ages ago, although I have never been pregnant, so I can't really say that, lol. She's getting to the point though where she's saying "ok, im gonna have a baby in two weeks! I gotta relax!" Just had her baby shower recently, got all cutesy clothes and stuff, but nothing "practical" she joked. She feels really weird how production of season 9 starts today, and she's not there, kind of like being suspended from school while everyone else goes back. Feels very funny about how when she does go back she's going to have to get back into the whole astrophysics swing, but then between takes or whatever start thinking "What kind of diapers should I get?" Oh, and she knows what the gender is! but she's not telling anyone, lol.

We had some good talk about my trip to France and everything, and I am also pleased to report that through my insane brain mush that always happens when I speak with her, I told her about Samanda!!!!!!!! Unfortunately I wasn't able to get through the actual name Samanda, or describe our wonderful Royal Court, but I told her it was an amazing place with her biggest fans and everything is great about it, and she was very thankful for me telling her, and said if she can ever get around to getting onto GateWorld she's going to look for it!!!!!!

Unfortunately in my stupor I forgot to tell her how BRILLIANT she was in Reckoning, Threads, and Moebius... GAH, I ALWAYS forget things!!!

I'M SHAKING RIGHT NOW I'M SO HAPPY!!!!! :d:d She has that effect on people
                            Yay, MajorSam!!!

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Oh, rite, oops, forgot to say, i definately said you guys all send all your love and hopes and prayers and congratulations and you all say hello and good luck and everything!! Once again, she was very pleased to hear all this who wouldn't be, to hear they have a whole "gathering" devoted to their brilliance... lol
                              Thanks you, MajS, for passing along the love to Amanda!

((((((Amanda and Baby))))))

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                lol unless they get freaked out over their internet stalkers!
                                But great to hear shes doing well. It's gonna seem like a long wait until we see Sam back in action in Season 9!
                                Agent Dark, one of your revolving sigpics reminds me of one of my saved Sam pics... I'm including this as a thumbnail.

Sally
                                Attached Files
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X