No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MajorSam what great news! Thanks so much for sharing your excitement with us and thanks for telling AT about this thread!

NC

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
      HEY EVERYONE
      JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THE QUEEN
      Wow! I'd love to have listened in! Wonderful to hear that everything is going well for her - and that she misses going back to the set! With only two weeks before 'the due date', the little one could really come any time! Thanks so much for giving us the update, MajorSam!

And as for getting her a chance to browse our thread and all of the wonderful and thoughtful comments - we should send her a link - and that way she wouldn't have to try and navigate around the forum trying to find us (I'd hate for her to get into some of the... other... threads... where the 'trolls' reside...). Any ideas on how we could send her a link (the URL to this thread)?

Comment

i can't green you, astro, so this is a small gesture of it...

GREEN for Astro!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

GG MajorSam!

and said if she can ever get around to getting onto GateWorld she's going to look for it!!!!!!
          Quick! Hide the accountant's empty bottles! Clean the floors! We must be prepared lol

Originally posted by Astro
          ...we should send her a link...
          Good Idea

I'M SHAKING RIGHT NOW I'M SO HAPPY!!!!! :d:d She has that effect on people
          And I think we're all shaking in envy Did she call you out of the blue? Or did you phone her up? Come on, we need details!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            I was just getting ready to hit send and post this when I saw ChopinGals most recent post here - perfect timing!
            I think I can see the different ‘sides’ and opinions of what has happened to the character over the years. The next question becomes, where does the character go from here? Have the writers sacrificed Sam Carter on the altar of ship and personal relationships over the past couple of seasons? I think that Season 9 will answer that question. What they come up with to deal with RDA’s and AT’s absences will probably dictate the direction and future for Sam Carter. Will they sacrifice Colonel Carter for S/J ship? In other words, will they write Carter as giving up her post on SG-1, and perhaps her commission in the Air Force, to pursue a relationship with Jack?

Wow, what a volatile question…! I would assume that there would be lots of S/J shippers who wouldn’t care if Sam gave up her commission – as long as Sam and Jack were together. But other shippers, e.g., MajorSam, have stated earlier in this thread, that that’s not the way that they want to see Sam and Jack get together.

I know that we really just have to wait and see… but I sincerely hope that the writers can find a way to make good on what they’ve seemed to promise in Threads – without sacrificing Colonel Sam Carter in the process. Or am I asking for too much?

there's no need for sam to give up her career for jack. jack prob wouldn't let her either. jack's the one that's transferring out of the sgc, and it's been stated that sam's coming back when the team needs her for something (wonder what it is?). i really believe sam will still be a colonel AND should be able to be with jack because he's no longer her commanding officer who writes up her reports and such.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              GG MajorSam!
              and said if she can ever get around to getting onto GateWorld she's going to look for it!!!!!!
              Quick! Hide the accountant's empty bottles! Clean the floors! We must be prepared lol
              ROTFL AgentDark! (oops, guess I should have waited until after we'd cleaned it to start rolling around on the floor with laughter... )
              Originally posted by majorsal
              i can't green you, astro, so this is a small gesture of it...
              GREEN for Astro! sally
              Thanks! Lime jello is refreshing!
              Originally posted by majorsal
              there's no need for sam to give up her career for jack. jack prob wouldn't let her either. jack's the one that's transferring out of the sgc, and it's been stated that sam's coming back when the team needs her for something (wonder what it is?). i really believe sam will still be a colonel AND should be able to be with jack because he's no longer her commanding officer who writes up her reports and such.sally
              I like the way you think... and several folks have commented that they don't think that Jack would want her to do that for him... I like seeing that in Jack, too!
              As for why she comes back... how about Jack is kidnapped or some such... and taken offworld... or he goes offworld for some treaty negotiations... and things go awry... he's missing... and SG-1 now has to spend ? episodes hunting across the galaxy for him...?

Comment

And I think we're all shaking in envy Did she call you out of the blue? Or did you phone her up? Come on, we need details!

I called her After we last spoke on the phone, a while after the interview, she stated I must keep in touch, and so I am

*Is bouncing off walls with insane happy energy bubbling over the edges feeling as if she's going to explode*
                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Sweet I hope you wished her all the best from everyone here at Samanda!

Comment

Sweet I hope you wished her all the best from everyone here at Samanda!
                    Oh, rite, oops, forgot to say, i definately said you guys all send all your love and hopes and prayers and congratulations and you all say hello and good luck and everything!! Once again, she was very pleased to hear all this who wouldn't be, to hear they have a whole "gathering" devoted to their brilliance... lol
                    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

who wouldn't be, to hear they have a whole "gathering" devoted to their brilliance... lol
                      lol unless they get freaked out over their internet stalkers!
                      But great to hear shes doing well. It's gonna seem like a long wait until we see Sam back in action in Season 9!

Comment

We've discussed Season 5's Ascension previously in the thread (both the good and bad points),
                        so I just wanted to highlight a couple of my favorite moments from that episode

Sharing consciousnesses?!! Stellar scifi!
                        And, I have to note that I loved the house and the way that it was set-up and decorated. I was also impressed to hear that AT had sprinkled things given to her by fans around the house -- how many actors would do that? I've never heard of any actors doing something like that. Kudos to AT for being so thoughtful!

Next: I got the biggest kick out of the 'I built a Stargate in your basement!'
                        'You made this from things you bought over the internet?'
                        'Yes... and well, your toaster doesn't work anymore!'

Orlin leads Sam into the basement where she sees the Stargate that he built.
                        Sam: Whoa! You've been busy.
                        Orlin: I didn't think they'd let me go back to Velona thru their stargate.
                        Sam: So you BUILT one?
                        Orlin: Sort of. This one won't dial multiple addresses. It'll only create a wormhole once, then probably burn out.
                        Sam: And you ordered the materials online?
                        Orlin: Mostly. Sorry, but you're gonna have a pretty big credit card bill this month.
                        .....Oh, and you're going to need a new toaster.

Orlin: I was really hoping there would be another way.
                        You know how I feel about you. I hope this isn't good-bye.

He dives through the gate.
                        Previously posted Ascension screencaps:
                        Post #201, page 11, and then scroll down for the discussion about the episode's good points and bad points.

Screen caps are from the episode Ascension
                        Transcript excerpts are from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website

Comment

Astro, you asked for more great Season 5 moments, so here you go. But first, on a shallow note, I liked Sam's hair in season 5.

I'll try not to repeat any comments that others have already made, but some of them are just sooo good, I have to bring them up too.

Enemies -Welcome to MY life - one of my all time favorite Sam quotes

Threshold - Sam and Bratac having a conversation - something we hardly ever see

Ascension - Sam's house- How many computers does the woman own? I just really liked the whole episode, and picked it as one of my 3 favorites.

Fifth Man - I liked her confrontation with Hammond in the gate room at the beginning. She almost refuses to give up her weapon.

Rite of Passage - The birthday cake scene with Janet and Cassie is priceless.

Between Two Fires - I loved both their reactions in the scene when Sam and Teal'c realize that Narim is using her voice for announcements, etc. in his home.

2001 - Another one of the 3 I picked as a favorite. Nice interaction with Joe and that fall at the end was amazing.

Summit - Sam tries to make a Yu joke. (tries being the operable word)

Fail Safe - the recurring lines indicating the guys' faith in Sam to find a solution. Daniel: "'I'm confident" Jack: "Me too" Teal'c: "As am I"

Menace - she gets to play soldier alongside Hammond

Sentinel - she's soldier Sam this time and lets someone else do the science thing

Revelations- the last of my 3 favorites, and I didn't realize it until I started thinking of all these moments. Right at the beginning, she has that moving conversation with Hammond about coming to terms with Daniel being gone. Then the brush off from Jack and the talk with Teal'c in the ship. I liked her body language as hologram Sam, shrugging her shoulders and mugging after the Jaffa try to shoot her. Finally, telling Osiris to go to hell.

NC

Comment

*cough* *Angel's halo descends upon head*

Actually right now i'm writing a bunch of HAPPY snippets for that fic!! I know, can you believe it!?

*Although the happy bits are only there to make the bad bits seem even worse, especially when Sam knows the whumping is real, but the happy isn't, and that she'll never be able to get that happy because she's stuck with the bad forever...*

*well, actually I should say she doesn't think she'll ever get any happy....*
                            does she die? just answer up, missy... DOES SHE DIE?!?

*blinks*

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              Astro, you asked for more great Season 5 moments, so here you go.
                              Great comments NC! I downloaded them and added them to the Season 5 summary list!

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              But first, on a shallow note, I liked Sam's hair in season 5.
                              So did I!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                LOL Yes, our Madam President may surpass you in that category with her upcoming fic....

Although, Madam President, I am relieved to hear that you are incorporating some happy moments in your latest chapter. All pain and no gain is a hard pill to swallow! I promise, though, to not look for the rainbow at the end. We just have to keep Sally away from the story!
                                *squints at screen*

What?

WHAT?

*mwhahahahahahahahaha!*

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X