X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Question for the experts here:

I was watching 'Secrets' - Stargate Monday - and I noticed that Carter 'zatted' a Jaffa 3 times
    and he was of course disintegrated. I only recall two other times that the disintegrating shot was
    fired:

1. Within the Serpents Grasp
    Teal'c demonstrating the effects of the 3rd shot on a Jaffa killed by Carter

2. 1969
    O'Neill making the case/trunk disappear

Are/were there any other instances?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome Fred
    I think Carter zats a couple of Horus Guard 3 times in 'Secrets' to hide them before Apophsis and his cronies come through the gate.
    The producers have acknowledged the fact that the 3 shot disintegrate was abit of a deus ex, and they don't show it anymore. Which is allright cos I thought the 3 shot dissappear thing was a bit lame.

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    For posting such wonderful episode comment lists this evening, Agent Dark, Skydiver and Fred have each earned tonight's desert dishes of blue jello... each of you may choose the regular 'virgin' blue jello, or the more high-octane blue jello made from the Royal Accountant's local spirits
    High-Octane Blue Jello for me please!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      I, too, have heard from other fans that the Creation cons are very expensive and not worth the outlay. Everyone, on the other hand, seems to rave about the Gate cons. You must have had fun ... what are some of your memories of AT? Did you get to speak to her personally or just watch her "perform" at the general presentations?
      I have been to the past three GateCons, and the two that Amanda was at were BRILLIANT. I personally had great experiences. The first one I went to, in 2002, was the first time I met her after the first time at the filming. I caught her right as she was coming out of her panel, and had never been SOOO nervous in my life!!! The first time I’d met her I was completely stock still in shock. Couldn’t move, couldn’t think, nothing. This second time I was shaking from head to toe, with a million thoughts racing through my head. I was just like “Do…do..doyouremembermeatall????” and her whole face just light up and she was like “Oh my god, hi of course I do, how have you been!?” and gave me a massive hug. I blurted out some stuff about meeting her changing my life and such, and was finally like “Could I get your autograph!?!?” and she of course surrounded by evil volunteers who were pressuring her to go…somewhere, so she’s like “of course but I have to go do something first, meet me in the hallway in 10!!” so I watch her walk away in shock, and when she’s out of visual sight, I’m like “HAAAAAAAAAAH” then go wait in the hallway. 10 mins later she reappears, and I get her to sign a few things, and got some pics and stuff like that (I’ve only ever got a Saturday pass, so no chance of getting into the photo room, so this was big)

The second GateCon she was at and I was at (2004) was even better! By this time, two years since the last time I met her in real life (had talked on online chats and such) but yes, in the two years I had COMPLETELY changed in looks, personality, everything. I went with my two best friends, Bourne 2 B Wild and Thor Buddi, (unfortunately not really on this site… or any others… but still!) so when it came time for Amanda, Chris and Michael’s panel, (which I must say was one of the funniest thing’s I have EVER seen… the dvd’s haven’t come out yet though… :’() but anyways, my two friends of course were like “Ask a question, ask a question!” and of course I’d imagined asking a question since 2001, when I was originally supposed to start going. So I put up my arm, with NO clue what my question is going to be, and not thinking I would actually get to get one in (SOOO many people had their hands up…) but eventually, the microphone person comes up to me and I’m like :O ^$*& I actually have to ask a question!

So I come up with the most random one, I do the whole “Hi, I’m *insert name* from *insert place*” That Chris had got everyone to do and the whole room goes “Hi *insert name* from *insert place!*” and I’m like “Ok, my question is for Amanda, and I’m not sure if everyone here has seen season 8 yet… so I’m sorry if you haven’t, but…” (this is very soon after New Order aired) and I don’t get any further, because the whole room starts yellin’ and screamin’, half yelling “NOOO, NOOOO!!!” and the other going “YES, ASK THE QUESTION!” so I’m like “Uh…er…um…” and people keep yeeelling, and then Chris is like “Well, if some people don’t want to hear it, why don’t you just come up here and ask her yourself?” and I’m just like so I continue stuttering as people are yelling either “NOO, DON’T GO ON!” or “YOU GO GIRL, SAY IT!” and such. So then Chris once again is like “No, seriously, come on up and ask her face to face!” and this time I’m like “OK!!!!!” so I chuck the microphone away, go over to the side of the room and start walking (jogging…) up to the stage, which Amanda hops off of, and walks over to me.

So I close the distance between us and was like “Hi!!! Do you remember me at all?” and her whole face just lights up in shock and she’s like “OMG! Of course! You’ve grown up sooo much, how are you!?” and im just grinning like an idiot and am like “I’m GOOOD now!’ how are you!?” and all that, and then I ask her my question, she answers, all that, and then she hops back on stage, and says “In answer to *insert name here’s* question, yes, very soon!” and I don’t remember how everyone reacted, because I was TOTALLY off in my own heaven world

Then, waaay later on, my friends and I only needed Amanda’s autograph to have every single person’s who was there that day. See every year we make these special shirts, with our names on the front, and a home-made custom cartoon on the back (always an S/J shippy one) and we get everyone to sign these shirts. So we finally figure out where she is at the time, and which door she’s going to come out of (lol ) so my two friends, who have never met her before, and I stand extremely nervously outside the door, and lo and behold she opens it, and I think she was expecting us, (lol, we’re getting kind of notorious around there… this year we had BRIGHT yellow shirts, and black sweatpants with “Stargate Sg-1” on the bum) but anyways, she opens the door, and sees the three of us, but me first, and she sees me and is just like “AAH!” then does this jump thing to look at my friend and goes “AAAH!” and then jumps to look at my other friend and is like “AAAAAH!” it was the funniest thing ever. My friends and I were just like… I don’t even know how to describe it. Then she dissolves in massive smiles and gives us each a massive hug. She hugged me especially long, and said “thank you soooooo much”. We get our shirts signed, and my one friend, Bourne 2 B Wild, had given a letter to this security person to give to Amanda, and she says to Amanda “I just wanted you to know, that I’m *insert name here* (explaining she was the one who gave that letter*” and Amanda said “*insert friend’s name*… that’s a beautiful name!” and my friend just about had a HEART attack, lol. I also had given a letter to a security person, a very personal letter, and I asked her if she had got it and she said “Yes I did, that’s why I said thank you before, haha” and I was like she actually got my letter! And then we asked if she was going to come to the auction, but she couldn’t and then she had to go.

But still, those experiences at the GateCon’s are, and always will be, some of the highlights of my life

MSam
      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Me too! You have named one of the issues for sure. We do have evidence of Sam reaching out to Jack (your excellent references in prior post), but we do not have the same momentum on Jack's part.

This gap in the ongoing "tap dance" (RDA) of Jack and Sam created a more-distant, elusive Jack as the seasons went on. All the little innocent gestures and moments of teasing and fun seemed to be whittled out or rarely seen. It's delightful to look at the early DVDs because of those sidelong glances and good-natured ribbing that often took place between the characters. It's what endeared them to us in the first place!

So, to have Sam approach Jack and want to share her feelings or thoughts with him, only to be rebuffed, began to make Sam look more angsty and unsure of herself. Something was definitely lost in the translation. Way back in S5's Ascension, there a seed was planted ... Sam desperately wanting to get Jack's feedback and support in the hallway, and they had him running into the men's room! It did not bode well for future seasons.

Yes, I may be overreacting ... but you touched a nerve. People can "tap dance" solo, but it takes "two to tango" ... RDA and AT should have been given scripts to integrate and compliment the characters of Jack and Sam and had them dancing in step; rather than scripts which had them dancing alone, or side-stepping around that 500 lb. gorilla.

It's late and I'm not sure this post is coherent ... sorry!

excellent food for thought. i wonder, if the writers had known or made out a long-term plan, instead of writing like it's the end of the show since the fifth season... we might had gotten a better tap dance than the missteps and fumbles we've seen for years.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic exposition, Major Sam! I too believe that most of the 'problems' started when they singled her out for continuous things they don't do with the other lead characters. If they had balanced things out and spead the personal emotional struggles and traumas out between the four main characters then we'd be looking at a totally different fan reaction to the last couple of seasons - don't know if it would be good or bad, just that it wouldn't be so focussed on Sam-bashing!
          Hi, Astro,

Sam bashing started loooong before season 7. Or season 6. Or season... it was even happening before season 4's Divide and Conquer. Sam simply got in the way of what some others wanted to happen for other characters or other storylines.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            yep, astro has it right, the season 3 poll is closed adn the obvious winner is Entity

and the season 5 poll is now up, so please go pick your three favorite eps of s5
            oh, man, this season five poll is the hardest for me yet!

on my list of faves:

ascension - true sam ep, need i say more.

2001 - loved the scene at the end, where she comes flying through the gate upside down.

desperate measures - true sam ep, need i say more.

48 hours - great scenes between her and mckay.

summit/last stand - her saying goodbye to lantesh. LOVED those scenes.

fail safe - great sam scenes on the ship.

meridian - her trying to save daniel is my fave sam moment in this ep.

revelations - her grief over losing her friend, and her subsequent denial of grieving with her friends afterwards. and then her getting captured by osiris and being brain warped by the hand devise.

i had to pick three this time, but i couldn't. so i picked just two: ascension and desperate measures. but while i was writing this out, i realized i would have picked revelations as my third choice. too late now i guess, but there we go.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

And here are the Season 4 archived and summarized comments that were posted on this thread over the past 5 or 6 days (I apologize if I missed anyone's posts)

SMALL VICTORIES
              sky sam and thor, kicking rep tushie
              spliff watching her figure out how to save the day with her "inferior" intellect .
              And blowing up the O'neill was just a bonus

*blinks*

hmmm, one must not speed read that highlighted sentence, because one could leave out key words and have it come out much differently that intended.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

My Dearest Madam Vice-President

It is with a joyful and relieved heart that I read your writings this morning. I am certain that I speak for all good citizens of Samanda when I tell you that we had missed your presence at the royal court. Madam President has graciously kept the kingdom running and the bean count has grown since you last were here. Indeed, as you have noticed, the size of the beans has grown also. And new, exotic colours have been added to the mix.

However, allow me to speak to the matter at hand. You have not yet purchased your ticket to the Gala Event to be held this Saturday evening in the town hall. It will be a jovial celebration with music and fine food and much merrymaking. All in honour of our fair Queen. Please contact the Royal Accountant immediately for your ticket, as there are not many left. Do not delay! It would be embarrassing for the vice-president to have to pay the extra bean surcharge at the Gate.

I have left the first edition of the Oh Yea What Say Times at your royal residence so that you can bring yourself up to date with the kingdom's events. If you see Madam President strolling in the gardens, be sure to notice her new boots and compliment her on her fine sense of fashion.

One last note: formal attire and the colour orange are preferred for this evening's event.

We so look forward to seeing you once again.

Cordially,

Court Jester
                i'm glad i was missed.

and i'll buy a ticket for that thingermagerwhateveritscalled.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

And I'm about to open a bucket or whatever one does at www.photobucket.com - thanks to the direction of MajorSam and AstroG. How we fill our buckets and who can play in our sandbox is obviously set by us once we have registered there. According to AstroG, something's in your bucket already! Since I don't even have a bucket yet - I'm jealous!!

Of course, many of our fellow Samandans seem to have their own buckets filled to the brim with terrific Sam/AT images and screencaps which they share with us.

Maybe you and I, Sally, should buy "Bucket Building for Dummies". (Translation: how to operate your PC at optimum performance level.)
                  i think i might need that book, because i could have sworn i was with imageshack and not photobucket.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

LOL ... poor Sally! She's probably frantically trying to remember when she actually did register and open her bucket!!
                    *nods melodramatically*

since i don't even remember my own age , maybe i also forgot i had some photobucket of blood thingerwhateverer.

sally
                    Last edited by majorsal; 27 February 2005, 12:54 AM. Reason: old age, blindness, inability to spell... shall i go on?
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I really hope that AT does find a way to reschedule the GABIT - and I'm actually hoping that she schedules for early Spring 06 rather than this Fall (as I am committing to another trip to the land of my ancestors, Poland). I still have my GABIT ticket though and will hold on to it as long as I can! One of the best things about GABIT will be that it will be only for Amanda, and not a general event. The directors are planning a lot of nice "semi-intimate" moments for a much smaller group of fans too. And you'll be able to bid or enter a lottery on taking "tea with Amanda" during the weekend, plus other fun stuff. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that it does come off. I think this will be the first time that Amanda has ever had a special event like this in her honor. A bit like our Gala event in Samanda tonight!

Hope to see some of you at GABIT ... whenever!

*whimpers*

i wanna go!!!

if i save up money, and don't eat for a few months, i can do it!

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        *whimpers*

i wanna go!!!

sally

Convention newbie here....what exactly is Gabit?
                        and where is it?

I just figured out my taxes this year, and surprisingly we're getting
                        back triple what I had actually thought. My husband keeps telling
                        me to go to the Vancouver convention and have fun, but I'm
                        worried now. Everything I read says stay away from Creation cons.

I guess I can wait a year and see if Amanda does one again. As much
                        as I like Chris and Michael, my favorites are Amanda and Rick and
                        without at least one there I'm not sure I'd go unless it was really close.
                        Heck I can't even decide about going tomorrow to the one in Dallas
                        and it's less than an hour away.

Comment

*blinks*

hmmm, one must not speed read that highlighted sentence, because one could leave out key words and have it come out much differently that intended.

sally
                          ROFL!

NC

Comment

... each of you may choose the regular 'virgin' blue jello, or the more high-octane blue jello made from the Royal Accountant's local spirits.

Personally, I always go for the high-octane stuff myself ... guess I've been hanging out too much with Royal Accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Convention newbie here....what exactly is Gabit?
                              and where is it?

I just figured out my taxes this year, and surprisingly we're getting
                              back triple what I had actually thought. My husband keeps telling
                              me to go to the Vancouver convention and have fun, but I'm
                              worried now. Everything I read says stay away from Creation cons.

I guess I can wait a year and see if Amanda does one again. As much
                              as I like Chris and Michael, my favorites are Amanda and Rick and
                              without at least one there I'm not sure I'd go unless it was really close.
                              Heck I can't even decide about going tomorrow to the one in Dallas
                              and it's less than an hour away.
                              Here's what you do! Save up your money; let hubby babysit the kids, or better yet, have grandparents babysit, and you and hubby fly to London for the GABIT event which will be one whole weekend for Amanda alone!

GABIT means Get Amanda Back in Town and was created by a group of her fans in London/UK. It had to be cancelled twice because of AT's shooting schedule and then pregnancy. But Amanda promises to reschedule once she and baby are doing fine and her life takes on some kind of structure for fall and spring.

There will be more info on this in a couple months - Skydiver and her girlfriend are looking to get tickets too. A weekend in London with Amanda plus a possible getaway weekend with your hubby - sounds like a win/win to me!!

Comment

*whimpers*

i wanna go!!!

sally
                                Sounds like a plan!!

Comment

Working...
                                X