Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    warning - spoilers for s7 and s8 eps

I agree with you completely. As I've said before, for me, I like Sam reevaluating her life (even if it went in a direction I didn't like *Pete vrs Jack*). Grace started it, but after that, it's only been in Chimera, semi New Order, Affinity, and Threads. It's not really that much to me, and I think we're a bit knocked out by it because the writers had never shown this side of Sam before. It could have been 10 times worse (especially after she'd gotten engaged), but it didn't. (as an s/j shipper, thank you).

In Grace, Sam questioned her life and the choices she'd made. From that, she made a new choice and stood by it. Time went by and she realized her choice was a substitute for the real choice she was afraid of making. That's a big storyline for Sam or any character, and it really didn't seem like that much time was spent on it.

What I *do* think has been a problem/was neglected was Sam commanding Sg1. I was literally jumping up and down with It's Good to be Kind, because Sam was commanding! I definitely want to see more of this in season 9. I don't know how much can be done because I think Amanda's going to be pulling back her time spent on set (baby needs her mom), but I still think it can be addressed.

I'd like to take a moment to say how proud I am of this thread. We're a good group of ppl, because we've always shown respect to each other and differing opinions. I'd like to think Amanda would be proud of us too.

Sally

Yes, you have said it well. Let's just hope that we do see science Sam in command and kicking butt in season nine!!

Thanks to many for all the friendly comments, by the way.

The creativity on this thread is overwhelming!! And the pictures/screencaps, Astrogeologist and Majorsam, are fabulous!! So is Agent Dark's ever changing slide show of sam.

Comment

Better late than never! I just voted ... DUH ... have been busy practicing my lyre riffs for the big Gala on Saturday night ... what's a girl to do?!

Anyhow, I voted for Entity, 2010, and Divide and Conquer, in that order. Sam played a pivotal figure in all three and had so many things going on and, once again, Amanda got to show the many faces of Sam.

I know, this is not a terribly insightful post ... but many of you have already expressed my own thoughts about these three powerful episodes.

Good Sam/Evil Sam ... precursor to RepliCarter? Final lines in Entity: "I was shouting for you to hear me" and Jack's very low-keyed "we heard." Sam at Jack's cabin in 2010, looking so Carter Chic in those jeans, t-shirt, and long white coat, trying to eat humble pie and then, finally, realizing that she wasn't going to change his mind and knowing when to call it quits and leave; Sam trying to break free in Divide and Conquer in order to stop Jack from being tested ... her look as he went past and down the hallway, and her look of longing and love when she gazed at him through the force field; final scene with Martouf's head in her lap and how she caresses him. Just a few moments that stand out for me.

Needless to say, AT once again runs the gamut of emotions from A to Z. Not many actors can do that. And, oh yeah, this has been talked about past couple pages: S4, first half, I think her hairstyle (longest it had been outside of the AU clips) was very attractive and becoming. Carter Chic for sure!

Comment

Decided to post some random Amanda love!!! no one's been posting today!!!

Hm, lets get away from kick a$$ Sam for a while...let's go with the more.... suggestive, side I'll start with the obvious main three

Oh gracious me, the Canadian flag, however did that happen Couldn't help but slip in some Patriotism for my homeland! (As she should have! Bah, I guess the dear Canadian flag wouldn't have sold half as many mags now would it... bah!)
        Last edited by MajorSam; 21 February 2005, 07:24 PM.
        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

Hm, lets get away from kick a$$ Sam for a while...let's go with the more.... suggestive, side I'll start with the obvious main three

Oh gracious me, the Canadian flag, however did that happen Couldn't help but slip in some Patriotism for my homeland! (As she should have! Bah, I guess the dear Canadian flag wouldn't have sold half as many mags now would it... bah!)
          LOL I had just posted above you on the Many Faces of Sam and your photocaps seem to show the Many Faces of Amanda

Do you have the one in the white suit from that Femme Fatale photo-shoot?
          She really went glam in that photo ...

Comment

Heres some AT images. (Too big to post in the forums, so I linked 'em instead )

Amanda 1
            Amanda 2
            Amanda 3
            Amanda 4
            Amanda 5
            Amanda 6
            Amanda 7

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Heres some AT images. (Too big to post in the forums, so I linked 'em instead )

Amanda 1
              Amanda 2
              Amanda 3
              Amanda 4
              Amanda 5
              Amanda 6
              Amanda 7
              Dang you beat me to it. Re/The other Femme Fatalle pics. I was getting there! *sits in corner brooding*

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              LOL I had just posted above you on the Many Faces of Sam and your photocaps seem to show the Many Faces of Amanda

Do you have the one in the white suit from that Femme Fatale photo-shoot?
              She really went glam in that photo ...
              For you i'll post up that pic instead of linking:

Yes, the many faces of Amanda indeed If you have any more "requests" I have over a thousand pics

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Dang you beat me to it. Re/The other Femme Fatalle pics. I was getting there! *sits in corner brooding*

Yes, the many faces of Amanda indeed If you have any more "requests" I have over a thousand pics
                1000 pics O.O
                Feel free to post

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

1000 pics O.O
                  Feel free to post
                  *HISS*

Lol, all in good time my dear Head of Security, all in good time Gotta spread the love evenly, throughout time! Plus I have to save SOME for possible hard days ahead! (spoken generally, without having read any spoilers for season 9 or anything)

One more pic for good measure tonite: To continue on the Cowgirl thing:

OOH, and I have a pic from Femme Fatall you didn't link to! haHA!!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

*HISS*

Lol, all in good time my dear Head of Security, all in good time Gotta spread the love evenly, throughout time! Plus I have to save SOME for possible hard days ahead! (spoken generally, without having read any spoilers for season 9 or anything)
                    As usual Madame President, your wisdom proves it worth

Hey I just noticed, I got 3 rep blocks now. Yay!

OOH, and I have a pic from Femme Fatall you didn't link to! haHA!!
                    Doh!

Comment

ROFL, can you just imagine what Jack and boy's reaction would be to seeing Sam dressed like this?? Oh my word!!! And I thought the big eyes and open jaws in Emancipation was amusing.

ForeverSG!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        ROFL, can you just imagine what Jack and boy's reaction would be to seeing Sam dressed like this?? Oh my word!!! And I thought the big eyes and open jaws in Emancipation was amusing.

ForeverSG!

hehehehe, well, Our own boy Chris Judge was the photographer of that "love" shirt pic... but the characters? I think something along the lines of:

OR maybe even:

(Sry, couldn't find a better dead jack pic at the moment, so busy!!!)

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Jack : Daniel, where did you put all those pictures of Sam?
                          Daniel: Ssssssam. Oh. God. Love. T-shirt. Hot. Sweet Jesus
                          Jack : Daniel...Snap out of it!
                          Give me the DAMN pictures or I swear to god I'll zat your ass!!

Sam: Daniel! What picture did you show the Colonel?
                          Jackl: (gasping) White. Outfit.
                          Sam: Holy Hannah! I think you gave him a heart attack!

Comment

All those pics of AT got me trolling the threads to see what other pics have been posted and I found these:

Women of Stargate Thunk Thread

The SG-1 Team Thunking Thread

How hot is Amanda Tapping? (Captain Carter)

Pictures of Amanda

And... MajorSal, I tried to view your Photobucket album, but I don't think you've got it set for public access? Or am I just not doing something right?

Last edited by astrogeologist; 21 February 2005, 09:37 PM.

Comment

This has absolutely nothing to do with Sam but it's nearly 1AM here and everytime I look at Astrogeologists sig I get the sudden urge to start singing this song. So I thought I'd share it with ya.

Off we go into the wild blue yonder
                              Climbing high into the sun;
                              Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
                              At'em boys, giv'er the gun!
                              Down we dive spouting our flames from under,
                              Off with one hell-uv-a roar!
                              We live in fame or go down in flame,
                              Nothing'll stop the US Air Force!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                This has absolutely nothing to do with Sam but it's nearly 1AM here and everytime I look at Astrogeologists sig I get the sudden urge to start singing this song. So I thought I'd share it with ya.

Off we go into the wild blue yonder
                                Climbing high into the sun;
                                Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
                                At'em boys, giv'er the gun!
                                Down we dive spouting our flames from under,
                                Off with one hell-uv-a roar!
                                We live in fame or go down in flame,
                                Nothing'll stop the US Air Force!
                                I like it - very much in spirit with 'Carter in the cockpit'!

Comment

Working...
                                X